• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 CLASS 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CAPSULES

Started by BarclayAlmanac, March 12, 2015, 12:07:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BarclayAlmanac

2015 CLASS 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
BOYS
ENGLAND VS JUNCTION CITY
Saturday, March 14, 2:30 p.m.
Bank of the Ozarks Arena, Hot Springs

ENGLAND (27-4)
Head coach: Tyler Scott
State championships: (0)
Road to Hot Springs: Lost in regional championship game and defeated Dermott, Marked Tree and Earle in state tournament

JUNCTION CITY (28-1)
Head coach: Kendall Hutcheson
State championships: (1) 2007
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Brinkley, Bigelow and Buffalo Island Central in state tournament

Fearless Facts: Junction City's only loss is to Class A finalist Emerson, 78-77. ... The Dragons are 1-1 in state finals, winning in 2007 and losing in 2012. ... England is appearing in its first boys state championship game.

2015 CLASS 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
GIRLS
ENGLAND VS MARMADUKE
Saturday, March 14, 4:15 p.m.
Bank of the Ozarks Arena, Hot Springs

ENGLAND (32-6)
Head coach: David Mackey
State championships: (5) 2012, 2011, 1964, 1961, 1959
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Parkers Chapel, Marked Tree and Buffalo Island Central in state tournament

MARMADUKE (40-2)
Head coach: Rick Smith
State championships: (0)
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Hector, Spring Hill and Johnson County Westside in state tournament

Fearless Facts: England is 5-1 all-time in girls state championship games with the only loss coming in 1970 to Ashdown. ... England is the only school going for double titles this year. ... Marmaduke lost in state semifinals last year to eventual undefeated state champion Spring Hill last year in and in the state championship game in 2013 to Norphlet.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

England and marmadukes have also played once already this season, with duke winning by 20+ at home.

lionfan59

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2015, 12:15:31 pm
England and marmadukes have also played once already this season, with duke winning by 20+ at home.
but Winning at home and Winning on the Road and in the Arena is complete Different.  I can tell you this though that lost will put light a fire under them girls come Saturday...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 12, 2015, 12:31:59 pm
but Winning at home and Winning on the Road and in the Arena is complete Different.  I can tell you this though that lost will put light a fire under them girls come Saturday...

Yes, I know. I was only stating the fact that they had played this season, it's info that pertains to the game capsule.

Neabasketball

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2015, 12:53:19 pm
Quote from: lionfan59 on March 12, 2015, 12:31:59 pm

Yes, I know. I was only stating the fact that they had played this season, it's info that pertains to the game capsule.
whats funny is all I keep hearing is how much England has improved from beginning of the year. Newsflash so has the duke!! All good teams get better as the season goes on!

keohog

Neabasketball you also said Earle would win by 20 over our boys , we see how well that turned out ;D

Neabasketball

Quote from: keohog on March 12, 2015, 02:01:23 pm
Neabasketball you also said Earle would win by 20 over our boys , we see how well that turned out ;D
yes I did you have me there. Hav seen both Earle teams this year when they decide to play and don't decide and they choked I thought the way they had played all tourney that they would roll but they didn't show up hats off to your boys.. Hope they win it all.. As for the girls maybe next year.. It's marmaduke's turn

NEark tigers

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 12, 2015, 02:07:06 pm
Quote from: keohog on March 12, 2015, 02:01:23 pm
yes I did you have me there. Hav seen both Earle teams this year when they decide to play and don't decide and they choked I thought the way they had played all tourney that they would roll but they didn't show up hats off to your boys.. Hope they win it all.. As for the girls maybe next year.. It's marmaduke's turn
[/quote Marmaduke will not be denied, they'll roll on Saturday....

bdubyab60

Wasn't that game at a neutral site. Yes it was in NEA but not at Marmaduke. They just seem to be on a mission this year.

Bigditchlion

The duke is an outstanding team no doubt. You can't really say that they are 20+ points better than the lady lions. The lions are tough as well no way do I see a blow out. The game imo will be won in the paint. Shots are harder due to depth perception in the summit for both teams.

Idoknow

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 12, 2015, 03:11:59 pm
The duke is an outstanding team no doubt. You can't really say that they are 20+ points better than the lady lions. The lions are tough as well no way do I see a blow out. The game imo will be won in the paint. Shots are harder due to depth perception in the summit for both teams.
I think the NEA is still played at ASU, so I don't think depth perception will be a problem for Duke at the summit.

Cheek

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2015, 02:51:53 pm
Wasn't that game at a neutral site. Yes it was in NEA but not at Marmaduke. They just seem to be on a mission this year.

No, it was at Marmaduke.

bleudog

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas