• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the Duke vs England Lady Lions

Started by bigworm, March 11, 2015, 11:39:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

Duke is the favorite and they should be. But i think we are going to see a pretty dog gone good game. Lets get it on!

Neabasketball

BBALLMOM

England is a very good team but I am going with Marmaduke on the win!

RedWolf275

No mercy rule but Marmaduke by 13.

Cheek1

Duke will face a team who wants a win bad, go Lions!

Ventman

Lady Lions and Coach Mack are hungry for another ring. Look out Dukes!

Bigditchlion

Both England teams looked hungry! Hope to see that same hunger Saturday!

MikelB

I'm gona go big and say Duke by 20... they are a well put together team that is hungry for a ring!

Basketballfan13

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a really close game, but it's not often that a team mercy rules everyone in post season. I believe Marmaduke has clocked everyone through district, regional, and state....so I'll go with duke by 31;)

bigworm

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 12, 2015, 09:22:20 am
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a really close game, but it's not often that a team mercy rules everyone in post season. I believe Marmaduke has clocked everyone through district, regional, and state....so I'll go with duke by 31;)

dukes shooters will struggle a little in that arena. they may win but it won't be by 31 points. thats insane. heck, they only won by 23 at home in the darkest time of englands season. but hey, keep thinking that.

keohog

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2015, 11:29:28 am

dukes shooters will struggle a little in that arena. they may win but it won't be by 31 points. thats insane. heck, they only won by 23 at home in the darkest time of englands season. but hey, keep thinking that.
Come on worm we are playing the DUKE our poor little ole team might as well not even show up.

lionfan59

Just keep on hating and doubting our girls.  One thing is for sure they seem to shut a lot of negative up about them from their actions on the court.  I'm pulling for my Lions, but I know that its going to be a fight and you know what they know it also.  That is what I like and enjoy about both the Lady Lions and the Lions, and that is that they know that anyone can beat them and they can beat anyone.  GO LADY LIONS AND LIONs Sweep the 2A....

Neabasketball

i like how you assume they will struggle in that arena.. They hit 16 threes in the Nea tourney inside the convo early in the year. We will see sat how bad they struggle lol

bigworm

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 12, 2015, 01:45:29 pm

i like how you assume they will struggle in that arena.. They hit 16 threes in the Nea tourney inside the convo early in the year. We will see sat how bad they struggle lol

i like how you assume they won't.

Neabasketball

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2015, 01:48:38 pm

proven fact they can shoot anywhere not an assumption

lionfan59

We shall see is all I can say.... If my memory serves me right in 2012 folks from NEA thought EPC was going to come in and beat down our girls, but we saw who took home the rings that night.  Also in 2011 I believe it was the first round might have been the 2nd round, but we were told that the "DUKE" was going to throttle us, but yet we made it to the Summit to play PC and bring home the ring.  I'm not saying that "Duke" is a bad team, or that we are going to throttle them by any means. What I am saying is that just because they are on a run does not mean that our ladies wont find a way to win.  And I can tell you this we wont be out coached. 

Basketballfan13

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 12, 2015, 03:05:12 pm
We shall see is all I can say.... If my memory serves me right in 2012 folks from NEA thought EPC was going to come in and beat down our girls, but we saw who took home the rings that night.  Also in 2011 I believe it was the first round might have been the 2nd round, but we were told that the "DUKE" was going to throttle us, but yet we made it to the Summit to play PC and bring home the ring.  I'm not saying that "Duke" is a bad team, or that we are going to throttle them by any means. What I am saying is that just because they are on a run does not mean that our ladies wont find a way to win.  And I can tell you this we wont be out coached. 
I just talked to coach smith...he said the last comment hurt his feelings told me to bump my point spread to 32😂

lionfan59

Just don't do a MARK TREE and throw the ball at me!!!!

Bigditchlion

I will take that spread right now! Just the points!!  :) this will be a battle

Bigditchlion

Glad that ref duked his head! That ball was moving

lionfan59

NEAsupporter

bigworm

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 12, 2015, 02:02:28 pm

have they shot at the Summitt? Not proven.

Neabasketball

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2015, 05:35:07 pm

lol sat can't get here soon enough see yall at the summit..

bigworm

Be here before we know it. I know yall have a super team. I Mean no disrespect to the Duke by my comments. Respect is earned and there is no doubt that yall have earned it. Duke is the clear favorite and wont suprise me a bit if they take it. I simply think it will be closer than the last meeting. Maybe im wrong. If so, ill be the first to admit it.

brown2010

SIDNEY AND THE DUKIES WILL BOPP ALL NIGHT LONG BACK AT MARMADUKE. U CANT STOP THEM DUKE BY 24

78--54  BOPP MVP

Neabasketball

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2015, 07:01:35 pm
Be here before we know it. I know yall have a super team. I Mean no disrespect to the Duke by my comments. Respect is earned and there is no doubt that yall have earned it. Duke is the clear favorite and wont suprise me a bit if they take it. I simply think it will be closer than the last meeting. Maybe im wrong. If so, ill be the first to admit it.
no hard feelings big worm. Good luck see yall at te summit hope for a good game

bdubyab60

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 12, 2015, 03:05:12 pm
I dont remember reading anyone saying EPC was going to beat down England. Most of the EPC fans were surprised our girls made a run to the title game. They even pushed England to the very end if I remember correctly, with England making the plays at the end to win it.

This is not the same Marmaduke that England played at the first of the year or 3 years ago either. Im expecting a hard fought game form both teams. I can tell you this thought. You better have someone guard Bopp as soon as she comes out of the dressing room.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2015, 05:35:07 pm

Did any of the England players now touch the floor last time they were in the summit. I doubt it with those twind being on the floor the entire game. Most of these girls were sophomores are freshman were the not? Just curious?

bigworm

We have 2 seniors that may have sat the bench when the twins were here. But i dont think any of these saw the floor then. I may get corrected on this one but im pretty sure of it.

BigLion10

Pretty sure #50 played some during that game if I remember correctly

Buzzer Beater

HorseFeathers

Just want to say...I watched a quarter of film from the Marmaduke-ICC game from the NEA finals....and good lord does Bopp have some range...England better send someone to guard her when she walks in the building...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on March 12, 2015, 08:44:11 pm
Just want to say...I watched a quarter of film from the Marmaduke-ICC game from the NEA finals....and good lord does Bopp have some range...England better send someone to guard her when she walks in the building...

They already got someone guarding her.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2015, 10:13:38 pm
Quote from: HF on March 12, 2015, 08:44:11 pm

They already got someone guarding her.

Might ought to send a 2nd girl to help out...

MSHS FAn

With the way Duke plays defense, it will be tough for England! Englandhas some good guards that can handle the ball but I think the Duke D will be entirely too much! Ima say Duke by 15-20

BoxNOne

I figure England will try to play a fast paced game with the Duke. Bad mistake. Marmaduke by 20.

bigpound98

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 13, 2015, 08:43:27 am
I figure England will try to play a fast paced game with the Duke. Bad mistake. Marmaduke by 20.

I figure the Lady lions will be just fine!!!!

Cheek1

England can dominate the post, e town coach will adjust and shut down anybody hitting the 3, if our girls lined up in a foot race with the Duke girls who you think would win?  Speed is something there coach can't adjust for!!  Will still be a close game :)

redrider30

March 13, 2015, 02:00:11 pm #39 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:02:34 pm by redrider30
Marmaduke is 4 time defending district champions in girls track and have some state championships in relays and in individual events. All foot races aren't sprints. 4 quarters most certainly is not the 100M. Should be a great game #1 vs. #2 what else could anyone want. Should be a toss up if rankings are correct. All that said, I sure hope it's a track meet!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek1 on March 13, 2015, 01:02:41 pm
England can dominate the post, e town coach will adjust and shut down anybody hitting the 3, if our girls lined up in a foot race with the Duke girls who you think would win?  Speed is something there coach can't adjust for!!  Will still be a close game :)
Adjusted to a 23 point win the first time. England has to make the adjustments. i still think the game will be settled in the final minutes though.

Cheek

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 13, 2015, 02:42:37 pm
Adjusted to a 23 point win the first time. England has to make the adjustments. i still think the game will be settled in the final minutes though.

England will be okay.  I hope Duke comes out thinking they have the game won. 

RedWolf275

Quote from: redrider30 on March 13, 2015, 02:00:11 pm
Marmaduke is 4 time defending district champions in girls track and have some state championships in relays and in individual events. All foot races aren't sprints. 4 quarters most certainly is not the 100M. Should be a great game #1 vs. #2 what else could anyone want. Should be a toss up if rankings are correct. All that said, I sure hope it's a track meet!

I bet you hope it is a track meet. That will guarantee a Duke win.

Cheek1

Can't wait till tomorrow, Lady Lions are ready!  Our coaches and players have worked hard to get to the finals, proud of all of them!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on March 13, 2015, 02:49:53 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 13, 2015, 02:42:37 pm

England will be okay.  I hope Duke comes out thinking they have the game won.
I doubt they do. They seem to be on a mission the way they have played since district up until now.

lionfan59

But on an important note ??? Just realized there are now two Cheeks on Fearless.... OH MY!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 13, 2015, 10:34:48 pm
But on an important note ??? Just realized there are now two Cheeks on Fearless.... OH MY!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Yea, I'm not sure the board is big enough for 2.

lionfan59

Cheek1

Neabasketball

you were right man we can't hit the broad side of a barn still hanging around though!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas