• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs Junction City

Started by cuz, March 11, 2015, 07:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrother

I know the mentor has 3 and the last UDEFEATED division 1 basketball season in history! Do you want the years? By the way he never lost in the finals like ya boy coach K has!

THA TRUTH

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 14, 2015, 04:59:54 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 14, 2015, 04:57:06 pm
Yea and how many national titles and wins does coach k have compared to his mentor???
he has 4 knight had 3

I guess that one timeout call made no difference in that number but oh well congrats England u got one title and looks like u could be getting two titles today

BigBrother

When are non athletes like yourself going to understand the players win and lose the game not the coach! If you had ever played a meaningfull minute in your life you'd know that!

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 14, 2015, 04:53:15 pm
All we heard was Clarendon this are jc that are epc this are Earle that everybody forgot little old England and now they are top dogs man you just have to love basketball best sport hands down...
I don't recall one EPC poster saying we would win state. Sure said we could make it but not one said we would win it.

Now you on the other hand claimed Marked Tree had what it took to win state and Wilburn had those boys rolling. Then disappeared when they lost a few games.

Most posted had it JC, Clarendon and Earle. Well 2 of those were in the final 4. Didn't win it but made a pretty good run at it.

So just crawl back in that knot in ole tree top and let the adults do the talking.

NEark tigers

Quote from: ISU7 on March 14, 2015, 04:28:45 pm
Quote from: NEark tigers on March 14, 2015, 04:18:35 pm
???Update???
NEark have you been drinking. The post before yours said final score,  you committed on it then made another post saying update? ??? You're funny my dogg lol Congrats England. Too think teams were trying to avoid getting UN the same bracket with Clarendon & JC ! That's why your play the game.
That post was written BEFORE I had to go back to work. There wasnt any updates for like 3-5 minutes..i wasnt trying to be funny at all..

Congrats to the new champions of 2A boys basketball, England Lions!...

bdubyab60

Quote from: BigBrother on March 14, 2015, 05:05:54 pm
When are non athletes like yourself going to understand the players win and lose the game not the coach! If you had ever played a meaningfull minute in your life you'd know that!
a coach can hinder his teams chances of winning though. Seen it happen several times this year.

THA TRUTH

Haha u have no idea

brown2010

12th man I say what I want to say cedar ridge back to back mccrory is football and baseball, just glad ur Charleston team and jc team didn't win. that's all u heard how bad they was. not bad enough today.

Ctucker

WPWells

So what you're saying is you're a fan of two teams that didn't even make the tournament but you're talking crap to a semifinalist and a finalist?

BigBrother

That's true, tha truth qualifys as a coach because he spent more time on the bench that the coaches. Haha you don't know

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 14, 2015, 05:06:51 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on March 14, 2015, 04:53:15 pm
All we heard was Clarendon this are jc that are epc this are Earle that everybody forgot little old England and now they are top dogs man you just have to love basketball best sport hands down...
I don't recall one EPC poster saying we would win state. Sure said we could make it but not one said we would win it.

Now you on the other hand claimed Marked Tree had what it took to win state and Wilburn had those boys rolling. Then disappeared when they lost a few games.

Most posted had it JC, Clarendon and Earle. Well 2 of those were in the final 4. Didn't win it but made a pretty good run at it.

So just crawl back in that knot in ole tree top and let the adults do the talking.
lol I allways think mt has a shot. I do belive mt gave the state champs all they wanted...

keohog

March 14, 2015, 07:00:10 pm #112 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:32:43 pm by keohog
So proud of our players and Coaches y'all did it!!!!

Thanks to everyone on the Congrats.

Congrats to JC y'all have a good team.

cuz

Congrats to England. A great game and a great season. You know how it feels to win stat now so carry it over to football. Heads up Dragons great effort keep up the good work....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

BigLion10

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bigditchlion

Bj played very well!!!! heck they all did. JC is a very athletic squad. I'm Very proud of our lions! Congrats on a great season and becoming the new 2A champs!!!

leedog95

I believe England was just as athletic as JC was.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: leedog95 on March 14, 2015, 08:12:31 pm

I would agree with you. Been telling everyone the same thing.

Bigditchlion

Pick,That game would have made ya go bald! Glad ya just had to listen so ya can protect that mop. Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 14, 2015, 09:21:00 pm
Pick,That game would have made ya go bald! Glad ya just had to listen so ya can protect that mop. Lol

I didn't even get to listen to it. The hogs game was on the radio. You know I have to protect my "dreads"

Ventman

Quote from: leedog95 on March 14, 2015, 08:12:31 pm
X2, that was a heck of a game great season to both teams. Congrats to the Lions and Mr Brazeal, so proud of him! Awesome young man!!

Ctucker

I think England had the better team but I don't think any body in 2a is more athletic then JC.It was a great year congrats to all the champs.

bigworm

Just got home. Want to say great game to JC. They started the game going 4 of 5 from the 3pt line and i was thinking "how in the world can we beat them if they are gonna bust 3s like this?"  The difference was at the freethrow line. That was the best game ive ever watched. It helps when its your team but what more can you ask for in a title game than for it to come down to the last 2.6 seconds. Great game by both teams. Good luck to the Dragons and Lions that will be playing sports at the next level next year. What a game!!!

Go Lions!!!!

2A State Champions!!!!

bleudog

March 15, 2015, 09:10:28 am #125 Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:18:21 am by bleudog
EDNT post game article:  CLICK HERE

ADG post game article:  CLICK HERE

bdubyab60

Quote from: brown2010 on March 14, 2015, 04:33:51 pm
THA TRUTH UR TEAM LOST EAT IT AND QUIT MAKING EXCUSES
This form the guy who started a thread about the refs cheating CR.

bleudog

Bigditchlion

Thanks bleudog! There are some awesome pics in there!

Bodyguard

Quote from: ISU7 on March 14, 2015, 04:28:45 pm
Quote from: NEark tigers on March 14, 2015, 04:18:35 pm
???Update???
NEark have you been drinking. The post before yours said final score,  you committed on it then made another post saying update? ??? You're funny my dogg lol Congrats England. Too think teams were trying to avoid getting UN the same bracket with Clarendon & JC ! That's why your play the game.

Even better MT played them down to the wire... Go figure...

Jimbo Morphis

you must be too young to remember duke beating unlv in the finals.

lionfan59

Quote from: Oldman on March 16, 2015, 11:08:46 am

change of sport.  move to the NFL.  Pete Carroll calls a running play, Seahawks win, instead they call pass play and hand over victory.  I would say that coaches hold responsibility as well.  If that was not the case, then there would not be any need for coaches!!!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 16, 2015, 01:12:11 pm

change of sport.  move to the NFL.  Pete Carroll calls a running play, Seahawks win, instead they call pass play and hand over victory.  I would say that coaches hold responsibility as well.  If that was not the case, then there would not be any need for coaches!!!!
when talent is somewhat equal coaching makes a huge difference. you can't polish a turd.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Oldman on March 16, 2015, 01:46:55 pm
Quote from: lionfan59 on March 16, 2015, 01:12:11 pm

when talent is somewhat equal coaching makes a huge difference. you can't polish a turd.

Prime example, where was junction city before Carpenter arrived?

polksalet

In the 80's jc had a dude named Ronald meadows that ran for over 900 yards and 14 tds in a game vs Nashville. I don't think carpenter was there then.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: polksalet on March 18, 2015, 04:49:54 pm
In the 80's jc had a dude named Ronald meadows that ran for over 900 yards and 14 tds in a game vs Nashville. I don't think carpenter was there then.

Are you special or what?

How many titles did junction city have before Carpenter came along?

Let me answer that for you, none. Therefore, there must be something to this coaching thing.

Bigditchlion

Easy pick, don't pull your hair out.

Question, is there a DVD of the game and a copy of the radio broadcast??

THA TRUTH

That's the dumbest lies I've ever heard

polksalet

BigLion10

Ran for 900 yards in one game get real

Idoknow

John Bunch from Elkins hold's the single game rushing, 604 yds. in 1974!

lionfan59

Quote from: Idoknow on March 19, 2015, 02:16:28 pm
John Bunch from Elkins hold's the single game rushing, 604 yds. in 1974!

folklore of a craze man's mind!!!!!!!!!

THA TRUTH

I thought that record was broken by a kid from Hughes when they played a few years ago I think he had like 700 yards

THA TRUTH

My bad that was tds in a game with 10 Kendrick smith

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bdubyab60

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 19, 2015, 05:45:21 pm
It think its was 9 rushing td's he may have a recieving TD as well. I was at the game against EPC when he did it. He had over 500 rushing, only reason he didnt have more was EPC on side kicked everytime and he usually only had to run 40 yards for a score. Brett Hardin also set the record for all purpose yards in that game, 878 yards I believe. I think there is an ESPN aritcle on the game. Final score was in the 70's for each team, EPC won by 2 i think.

bdubyab60

lionfan59

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 20, 2015, 08:07:58 am
Not ESPN article, it was SI

http://www.si.com/vault/2006/12/25/8397453/the-game-of-the-year

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must read, a truly great article... With so much truth written in this article.   

bigworm

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 20, 2015, 08:07:58 am
Not ESPN article, it was SI

http://www.si.com/vault/2006/12/25/8397453/the-game-of-the-year

please read this. Man, i really don't know if ive ever read anything better other than the Bible. Just awesome! I have a memory of a marvell game where they finished a perfect 0-10 season on our field. After kids slapped hands and said their good games, those kids gave their coach a gatorade bath and had an absolute blast on our football field. I was just watching and thinking "that coach got it right" "thats what its all about".

We get on here and go back and forth about winning and losing. Its very refreshing to think about that moment and read about others similar.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 20, 2015, 08:05:43 am
Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 19, 2015, 05:45:21 pm
It think its was 9 rushing td's he may have a recieving TD as well. I was at the game against EPC when he did it. He had over 500 rushing, only reason he didnt have more was EPC on side kicked everytime and he usually only had to run 40 yards for a score. Brett Hardin also set the record for all purpose yards in that game, 878 yards I believe. I think there is an ESPN aritcle on the game. Final score was in the 70's for each team, EPC won by 2 i think.

Yea I was counting in the interception return

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas