• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 1 Girls, Day 2

Started by Yak, March 08, 2015, 10:07:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yak

March 08, 2015, 10:07:59 am Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:10:37 am by Yak
WOW! The start of the tournament was exciting! JC Westside, a lot closer than anticipated, England pretty much on point, and my upset almost happened of Mt Pine playing MS.  Lets look at a continuation of the first round and today's girls match-up in the AA:
Magnet Cove vs Foreman: Very interesting match up. Both teams have been in state playoffs before, so there is not much difference there. MC has beat some quality teams this season, but have also played some lesser teams down to their level. If MC is on, I believe are tough to beat. Finished second in probably top girls conference in state. They have some talent inside and out. Foreman upset a large and athletic team in Junction City in the first round of regional play. They have played some real good teams close. They appear to have a size advantage. Aggressive style of play. MC by 10
Marmaduke vs Hector: Everyone knows how good Marmaduke is. Trap well, senior laden team, very good record, and play well together. They are definitely a state title favorite. How do you stop them? Let the opposing coaches know when you figure it out and they may take you to dinner (it is possible, that's why we play the game....ask Clarendon about their boys)! Will Hector find out? They do have a chance. The Hector girls have played and fared well against some tough competition. I believe these girls are young but they are not afraid to go toe to toe with anybody! Are they ready for the level of play required to defeat a Duke team? Maybe, maybe not. Marmaduke by 14
Spring Hill vs Poyen: Spring Hill and their storied run from last year are continuing with their winning ways. Not a lot of depth, but when they play as they do, you may not need a lot. They have outside shooters, but a forward or two that can drive to the basket. They had some good freshmen that they may have moved up to help. They do not get rattled either. Poyen with their coach with a title or two definitely knows what it takes to stop SH. Poyen has several very tall players and are very physical. They run a pretty sound offense which waits until just the right shot and bam, they score. This game kinda reminds me of a guards vs posts game. Interesting match up, but SH traps and converts lay ups. SH by 10.
Modify message

BoxNOne

Magnet Cove by 4
Marmaduke by 30
Spring Hill by 10

RedWolf275

Don't know much about the other two games but I look for Marmaduke to mercy rule Hector.

hogfan32

SH hasn't done well against tall physical teams. Genoa Central caused us problems with their size and physicality. Beat us by 6 the first time, and 5 the second time.

Cheek

I think Poyen and Spring Hill will be a really good game.  Poyen played one of their best games in the Regionals against Mt Pine.  If Poyen comes ready to play, they will be tough to beat.

Donnie Jamon

Duke only up 31 end of 3q. They must not be playing well.

RedWolf275

They won't let up in the 4th either.

redrider30

We were nice in 4th quarter. Held ball and ran out clock.

RedWolf275

Redrider I am disappointed. Saw y'all at regional just keep pounding Marked Tree.

redrider30

Hector didn't beat us this year. Wasn't sore at them.

Donnie Jamon

Yeah not like that coach. Duke only scored 2 pts in 4q so obviously not like them to do that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas