• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great season Clarendon Lions

Started by MomaLion, March 07, 2015, 07:33:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Serious question: will Clarendon be any good in baseball? If they had some success there that could take off some of the sting of this loss

hogsfan4life

Redandwhite

I heard the lions was still up by two in the game, they just didnt give it to them because Richard knox scored two points and the didnt count it.

lionfan59

Anyone making it to the tournament has NO REASON to hang their heads low!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redandwhite on March 10, 2015, 07:07:57 pm
I heard the lions was still up by two in the game, they just didnt give it to them because Richard knox scored two points and the didnt count it.

I know there was a discrepancy with the score, because I text it to someone, looked up and They had taken 2 from Clarendon and gave 1 to M.S., not sure what happened but something did.

hogsfan4life

I remember that happening in the game. I didn't want to bring it up here because I didn't want to try and spill sour milk when I wasn't totally sure what happened. But there was something to that. We were shorted two points at the time and it was never fixed. I just thought they may have been correcting another mistake.

MomaLion

Yes, we were shorted 2 points and apparently both game books reflect that we won by 1 point.

WPWells

Wow. I've heard some crazy excuses, but this one takes the cake. No one realizes that the game might have played out differently if the score had been different. There's no "we actually won" about this situation. You lost. Move on. You made a classy post the other night and it should've ended there. Stop taking it away from the teams that are still playing

MomaLion

See, that's exactly the reason I didn't say anything.  I was responding to the already made allegations.  Obviously nothing will come of it and I truly believe everything happens for a reason.  Now show some class yourself and stop jumping to conclusions.

RedWolf275

I see LR McClellan and Pine Bluff are in the 5A and 6A championship games. Didnt Clarendon beat both of them? After watching Mineral Springs play yesterday I am having a hard time figuring out how Clarendon could have lost.

NEark tigers

It would have been nice to watch Earle and Clarendon play for all the marbles...therefore, we will have some good ole braggin rights fun comin into next year's football scrimmage game. LOL

Lions84

MomaLion

Yes, Clarendon beat both McClellan and Pine Bluff, yes there is a discrepency among books concerning the missing score, yes we did question at the time and was dismissed, no nothing will be done about it and yes Clarendon did play a really bad game against Mineral Springs otherwise this all would be a moot point.  Congrats to those still playing and we will see y'all next season  :)

hogsfan4life

Pine Bluff wins 6a title, McClellan wins 5a title, and England wins 2a title

Pine Bluff- 48
Clarendon- 60

McClellan- 69
Clarendon- 77

England- 50
Clarendon- 61

I know I'm just rehashing old wounds but man this breaks my heart!!  :'(

redrider30

Enough already. Give England their props and move on. I've been where you are many times, you just have to work harder and get better for next time

hogsfan4life

I already said I would be cheering for england prior to the game and congratulated them. This most likely was our best chance to ever win state. We don't have much in clarendon so a lot of us had a lot of emotion in our team this year.

Enough already? U don't like what I said then get out of this thread. This is a clarendon thread.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Bodyguard on March 09, 2015, 07:28:11 am
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on March 08, 2015, 02:17:50 pm
Quote from: Bodyguard on March 07, 2015, 08:15:49 pm
That South is tough, 4 seed taking down the Pre-Madonna, Wow...

When was that, prior to 1983 or so?

2015, people practically gave them a state title before the tournament was even started. That's why I'm struggling to understand how losing in the first round to a 4th seed equals a Great Season, it seems like a let down to me.

Dude, that went so far over your head I'm not going to take the time to explain.

ISU7

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 14, 2015, 10:41:58 pm
Pine Bluff wins 6a title, McClellan wins 5a title, and England wins 2a title

Pine Bluff- 48
Clarendon- 60

McClellan- 69
Clarendon- 77

England- 50
Clarendon- 61

I know I'm just rehashing old wounds but man this breaks my heart!!  :'(
You left out Mineral Springs game. Wasnt those other games besides England played earlier in the season??????

MomaLion

The other 2 were after Christmas.

ISU7

Oh well Pine Bluff hadnt too long won the state football title ??? :-X

MomaLion

They had all their players and had for a few weeks.  Does it really matter? Clarendon had a really good season, actually really good the last 3 seasons and have accomplished a lot.  England won the big prize and congrats to them....now let's please move on.

ISU7

Quote from: MomaLion on March 17, 2015, 06:22:31 am
They had all their players and had for a few weeks.  Does it really matter? Clarendon had a really good season, actually really good the last 3 seasons and have accomplished a lot.  England won the big prize and congrats to them....now let's please move on.
Can the Clarendon faithful move on, to be or not to be That is the ??????...Stay well Moma Lion... 8)

Cheek

Quote from: ISU7 on March 18, 2015, 07:41:19 am
Can the Clarendon faithful move on, to be or not to be That is the ??????...Stay well Moma Lion... 8)

I do not think they will ever get over it.  This was Clarendon's best chance to win a state title, and they failed.  I was not going to post on this thread until I heard where some Clarendon player were using social media sites to down England.  The fact still remains that England is the 2015 Class 2A State Champs, and we have the trophy to prove it.  The rings will be ordered next week along with the banner and picture for the gym.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on March 18, 2015, 12:22:41 pm

I do not think they will ever get over it.  This was Clarendon's best chance to win a state title, and they failed.  I was not going to post on this thread until I heard where some Clarendon player were using social media sites to down England.  The fact still remains that England is the 2015 Class 2A State Champs, and we have the trophy to prove it.  The rings will be ordered next week along with the banner and picture for the gym.

Wouldn't know why anyone would be bad mouthing England, they earned it.

Cheek

It is the players on Instagram and Twitter. 

bigworm

Quote from: Cheek on March 18, 2015, 01:24:58 pm

What about facepage?

hogsfan4life

So because a 16 year old kid posts something you feel you have to as well? Aren't you an adult? Everyone I know in Clarendon was rooting for you. That would be about right that you take what one KID says/does and apply it to the other 1,799 people in Clarendon. It was just yet another attempt on you to act classless towards us like you always do.

MomaLion

If you read, i'm not the one dredging it back up.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 18, 2015, 12:22:41 pm

I have seen NOBODY saying anything about England except congrats and i'm on their social media.  Since when does "hearing" that somebody said something justify a reaction anyway, you should see if for yourself.  I cheered for England and wouldn't want to take anything away from their victory.  Some of y'all really need to grow up.

MomaLion

Cheek

March 19, 2015, 07:09:45 am #80 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:25:17 am by Cheek
Quote from: MomaLion on March 19, 2015, 06:23:05 am
Show proof then.

Unlike you,   I do not have Facebook, instagram or Twitter.  There were players sending private messages, if you believe it or not.  If you will read my post, I did not down Clarendon, but stated the fact that it is over.  So on to baseball.

lionfan59

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 19, 2015, 07:09:45 am
Show proof then.

Unlike you,   I do not have Facebook, instagram or Twitter.  There were players sending private messages, if you believe it or not.  If you will read my post, I did not down Clarendon, but stated the fact that it is over.  So on to baseball.

You don't call this downing Clarendon?  We gave y'all tons of congrats and support and because of what some kids ALLEGEDLY put on social media, this is your response...very mature.

WPWells

Quote from: MomaLion on March 20, 2015, 03:39:27 am
Quote from: Cheek on March 19, 2015, 07:09:45 am
Show proof then.

You don't call this downing Clarendon?  We gave y'all tons of congrats and support and because of what some kids ALLEGEDLY put on social media, this is your response...very mature.

Allegedly...lol

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas