• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East Region at Mount Ida

Started by HorseFeathers, February 23, 2015, 07:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 25, 2015, 10:54:44 am
I'll be saying "not happening" to the lions in football next season also, momalion. lol. so enjoy
Yea well, it's basketball season lol so get over it.

jbtiger73

BBALLMOM

Momalion, keep us posted on the games today.  I am hoping Clarendon keeps up the momentum and makes a good showing at Regionals for the 6-2A.  Good Luck!!

MomaLion

Thank you, I sure will be posting updates...about to head toward Mt Ida shortly :)

jbtiger73

be careful momalion. pay attention once you get there. kinda a speed trap. they do have nice facilities though

M.I Time

Coming from mount Ida I can say that yes it's a speed trap lol be artful everyone drive safe and lets just enjoy some good basketball!!!!! ️Goodluck 5-2A!!!

BigLion10

Good luck and be safe to everyone making the trip to MI today

BigLion10

What's the tournament schedule looking like now

jbtiger73

its the same. just pushed back 1 day.

BigLion10

jbtiger73

now that Biglion, I don't know. what day does state start on?

redrider30

February 26, 2015, 11:30:37 am #61 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:32:37 am by redrider30
Tuesday in Pangburn. 2 years ago this happened to the north region. We had to finish on Monday and start state on Tuesday. It was my understanding that the AAA wouldn't allow games on Sunday.

jbtiger73

yep. March 3. so maybe Monday is when they will finish the region. is there somewhere in the handbook that say's that games can't be played on Sunday's for any reason?

FilmCrew

I heard that it would be played on Monday.

redrider30

I don't know but it has happened more than once and they have never allowed Sunday games that I know of.

MomaLion

I just checked into my little motel and the owner called the school and was told that games will finish Sunday...I had her call back to verify because we never play Sundays and it was verified.

BBALLMOM

It sounds like you are in for a long weekend of basketball.  I am going to miss watching the Regional Tournament but MI is just too far for me. 

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 26, 2015, 01:23:45 pm
I just checked into my little motel and the owner called the school and was told that games will finish Sunday...I had her call back to verify because we never play Sundays and it was verified.

Dang, that is dedication.  If we are still in, we will stay Friday and Saturday night .

MomaLion

That's why I got a room lol and it's super cheap so win/win.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 26, 2015, 01:44:47 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on February 26, 2015, 01:23:45 pm

Dang, that is dedication.  If we are still in, we will stay Friday and Saturday night .
It's cheaper than driving lol...y'all know I'm addicted ;D

BBALLMOM

That is smart to stay instead of driving back and forth. At least all of us from the 6-2A will have someone there we can depend on to keep us updated on all of the games....

MomaLion

Yep yep, I'm checking for a possible live feed.

jbtiger73

did you get one in hot springs? and is the team spending the night as well?

MomaLion

No, I'm about 10 mins from the school...teams will go home tonight and return tomorrow to stay the duration.

Lions84

MomaLion

Clarendon Lady Lions 14 mountain pine 32 @ half...w can't seem to buy a basket and apparently it's perfectly ok to above in the back down here....awful.

keohog

Mt Pine is probably the most improved team in our conference. Plus there Coach is HOT!!!

BigLion10

Couldn't agree more hog with the coach lol

jbtiger73

seen on the 3A board that the AAA has approved for the regional finals games to be held on Sunday to give teams time to be prepared for state on Tuesday.

Bildo

Is the Clarendon girls game over final?

WPWells

Per Twitter Mountain Pine won 45-34. Nailed that upset

MomaLion

Yes, that was the final. All I can say is the refs didn't call shoves in the back or pushing off..If we'd played dirty, it'd been different.

WPWells

February 26, 2015, 05:29:42 pm #82 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:31:56 pm by 12th Man CHS
Sounds like sour grapes to me, dear

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 26, 2015, 05:29:20 pm
Yes, that was the final. All I can say is the refs didn't call shoves in the back or pushing off..If we'd played dirty, it'd been different.

After one quarter, you have to adjust. Better warn the boys it will be the same way.

MomaLion

Sour grapes, accurate assessment...whichever lol...dear

Ctucker

Have yall ever lost just because you lost I mean girls lost because they got shoved in the back boys lost to ceder because they wasn't perpaired, can't it just be because other team is better!

MomaLion

Yep it happens occasionally...and never have I ever said cedar wouldn't have won if...

MomaLion

Clarendon leading Ouachita 44-19 @ half.

jsky14

Ouachita must not be shoving in the back.

MomaLion

MomaLion

mychal6419

Cheek

Ouachita got beat down.  Clarendon took it to them, and when they got down, they gave up.

MomaLion

They looked intimidated from the start.

MomaLion

Des Arc girls trailing England 12-7 after 1st

MomaLion

Bildo

Do you have an update on DA/England?

keohog

MomaLion

England won by about...England boys 12 Kipp Delta 11 after 1st

MomaLion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas