• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2014-15

Started by bbfan89, April 25, 2014, 07:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Pension and salary lol

RedWolf275

Ok. The old double dipping trick.

Oldref

Quote from: RedWolf275 on July 18, 2015, 09:55:04 pm
I forgot that HF. They will play 1A during season so travel won't be as bad. This will only be for end of season tournament. What a cluster$&!# in my opinion.
I agree this could possibly be a big can of worms to open up. Also BIC administration has openly said they never want to play Bay again and this could lead to that possibly happening next year. Heaven forbid that happens:-)      I would hate for  seeding to come down to coaches voting for other classifications other than the one they are playing in.

RedWolf275

I'm thinking I've seen somewhere that those mixed leagues will have ten teams. If that's the case, Bay and BIC should be in there together.

bdubyab60

Quote from: RedWolf275 on July 20, 2015, 03:08:41 pm
Ok. The old double dipping trick.
But if hes out this year we sure wont have near as much entertainment with Buster missing from the sidelines. Hes always good for a few laughs lol

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Has anyone seen the BIC Mustangs at any camps?  j/w how they looked

Oldref

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on July 24, 2015, 09:16:14 am
Have no idea how they have looked.......just know they didn't show up at any of the camps Bay was at this summer. Guess they were afraid they might be scheduled to play Bay and BIC Administration has said that cant happen.

Cheek

Played England at a team camp and lost by 10.  Hear BIC picked up a couple of move ins that can really play.  I guess getting lucky with transfers 😁  as a Coach is as important as X's and O's .

RedWolf275

No doubt about that Cheek.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Oldref on July 24, 2015, 12:53:22 pm
Have no idea how they have looked.......just know they didn't show up at any of the camps Bay was at this summer. Guess they were afraid they might be scheduled to play Bay and BIC Administration has said that cant happen.

yea I don't know what is up with that.  We have always played them. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Cheek on July 24, 2015, 09:17:06 pm

Played England at a team camp and lost by 10.  Hear BIC picked up a couple of move ins that can really play.  I guess getting lucky with transfers   as a Coach is as important as X's and O's .

I heard of 1 that came in at the end of the school year.  I have not heard much about him.  Said he played on an AAU team with some of the boys. 

BigLion10

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on July 27, 2015, 12:34:57 pm
Quote from: Cheek on July 24, 2015, 09:17:06 pm

Played England at a team camp and lost by 10.  Hear BIC picked up a couple of move ins that can really play.  I guess getting lucky with transfers   as a Coach is as important as X's and O's .
How many do yall return from last years squad

I heard of 1 that came in at the end of the school year.  I have not heard much about him.  Said he played on an AAU team with some of the boys.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

4 that had minutes & rotated starting.  1 of those being the Freshman that moved into the starting role after the JR high season was over.   

BigLion10

Sounds like BIC may have another good year then

Silky Johnson

Didn't think BIC was that just great last year but they matched up well with many of the 2A teams and played good in the postseason after a mid season skid. They only lost to JC by 3 so they were very close to a state finals.

RedWolf275

Can't see BIC being as good as last year. Pike had to be one of the best 2A players in the state. Eatmon and Carmichael were also good players. The "move ins" better be good if they are to contend in conference. Earle and EPC will both be good.

birddawg1986

Should be a great year, and even another exciting district tournament in February at the Tree !!!. Earle, EPC, BIC, Marked Tree, Riverside will all be good. Think Rector has a lot of upper class men also that will make misery for any team. Not sure Marmaduke nor Cross Co will be that good.

RedWolf275

I forgot about Marked Tree. They should be in the mix at the top of the conference.

BigLion10

Will be a very good conference this year

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 01, 2015, 09:32:53 am
Can't see BIC being as good as last year. Pike had to be one of the best 2A players in the state. Eatmon and Carmichael were also good players. The "move ins" better be good if they are to contend in conference. Earle and EPC will both be good.

Pike is signing today at 11 with Central Baptist.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Oldref on July 20, 2015, 02:59:45 pm
I bet Buster is hired back at next meeting.........heard he was doing the Bill Taylor trick...... retire then get  hired back.

From what I have heard he was hired back as basketball coach but not as AD.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 18, 2015, 06:35:08 am
I bet Buster is hired back at next meeting.........heard he was doing the Bill Taylor trick...... retire then get  hired back.

I thought they had to be off 1 year in order to double dip....anybody know for sure how that works?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on August 06, 2015, 08:23:00 am
Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 01, 2015, 09:32:53 am

Pike is signing today at 11 with Central Baptist.

Just a FYI,

Pike backed out on CBC & has enrolled at John A Logan JR College with a full ride.   

RedWolf275

Quote from: MikelB on August 18, 2015, 10:41:45 am
Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 18, 2015, 06:35:08 am

I thought they had to be off 1 year in order to double dip....anybody know for sure how that works?

I was told he he resigned for 30 days and then was rehired.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Yes it was in the local paper that he was hired back as Teacher, Coach, bus driver.    Hoffman will be the AD.

RedWolf275

Strange they would make a brand new guy AD.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

may had to come up with some more money for Hoffman.  You can  bet Buster will still be calling his shots LOL!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas