• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2014-15

Started by bbfan89, April 25, 2014, 07:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Dion Real. I know him very well and for him to get in to it with another coach it must have been serious.

bdubyab60

Marked tree girls at EPC tonight. I'll post the scores.

Hatchet

Quote from: Old school on November 23, 2014, 06:31:54 pm
I just happened to go yesterday. Since I'm not associated with either school let me tell you what I saw. The Trumann Coach was mouthing at Bill and Bill did cross half court after he had all he could take. The Trumann coach shoved Bill first. After that it was settled down rather quickly. I stayed and watched the rest of the game and Trumann should have left. Bill and Mustangs did not quit beating them 30. BIC Jr high is very good. They have talent at every spot. The guard that moved in had like 21 for them.
You are totally wrong about the mouthing part. As I am not associated with either team. The coach from Trumann said nothing to Taylor. Taylor crosses mid court and gets into the Trumann coaches face in the trumann coaches box. He showed a fine example of what a low class and very bad sportsmanship that he has. The Coach from Trumann handle himself very classy. The tour was poorly officiated the hole week. I hope the AAA steps in and does something about the officials and maybe even Taylor

bdubyab60

EPC won the 7th grade game 19-5. MT 14 EPC 13 halftime. 23 fouls called

bdubyab60

EPC won the junior high game 35-26 or something like that.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

EPC 53 MT 46 final

Boys play tomorrow in Lepanto.

aroundthehorn1

Quote from: Hatchet on November 24, 2014, 05:16:50 pm
I just happened to go yesterday. Since I'm not associated with either school let me tell you what I saw. The Trumann Coach was mouthing at Bill and Bill did cross half court after he had all he could take. The Trumann coach shoved Bill first. After that it was settled down rather quickly. I stayed and watched the rest of the game and Trumann should have left. Bill and Mustangs did not quit beating them 30. BIC Jr high is very good. They have talent at every spot. The guard that moved in had like 21 for them.
You are totally wrong about the mouthing part. As I am not associated with either team. The coach from Trumann said nothing to Taylor. Taylor crosses mid court and gets into the Trumann coaches face in the trumann coaches box. He showed a fine example of what a low class and very bad sportsmanship that he has. The Coach from Trumann handle himself very classy. The tour was poorly officiated the hole week. I hope the AAA steps in and does something about the officials and maybe even Taylor
As I was there too, Coach Real yelled directly at Coach Taylor about his players and he actually yelled it at him twice and that is when Coach Taylor went across half court. If you people honestly believe that Coach Real didn't say anything then you aren't very smart. Why else would there have Ben controversy started. And for those who wanna know I am not from BIC either. Both coaches were somewhat in the wrong but this is being overblown. Competitive spirit gets taken too far sometimes an this is one case. It's over and both teams get to play again!

BoxNOne

Some different accounts of who did what to inflame the situation. It was obviously pretty heated.

bdubyab60

Nothing will come of it anyway. but you can watch BT talk ot a ref and you can bet when he is done there is going to be a call coming soon there after.

BoxNOne

Bdub, it has almost come to the point that he doesn't even have to say much. I've been watching high school basketball around here a long time and he has the officials as intimidated as anyone I can remember.

bdubyab60

I agree. Saw a few times last year they would have a call go against them. Then he would call timeout and just stare the ref down for a second and low and behold a call on whoever they were playing. Buster works them to but his are some of the funniest ive ever seen.

but every coach has got to learn how to interact with the refs.

bdubyab60

EPC 16 Mt 14 after 1. MT is in the double bonus already.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

MT ended up winning by 9. EPC will improve, looked like a team with only a few practices.

leedog95

When EPC made that 2nd half run and had the Indians down by 8 or 9 I thought that MT was done but MT hung in there and came back and won. That big kid MT has in the middle is a load EPC had no answer for him. The next game she will have him playing on the outside...

bdubyab60

Carter always been tough on the blocks.

hssportfan

Lots of FT's for MT, about half their pts.

leedog95

And they missed as many as they made. That score could have been much worse if they had made those free throws.

bdubyab60

No they didn't. I haven't seen the numbers but they only missed 5 or 6 all night. This is the 3rd year in a row the teams have played early in the year. Truthfully would have expected MT to win by more. Especially with them having more practice, a couple games under their belt and EPC having neither.

Be happy MT got out of there with a win, once again acting like they just won some kind of state title. EPC will roll MT like they have the past seasons the next time they meet.

BoxNOne

Bdub, could you tell much about the new coach's style in this first game. I remember when he was hired he talked about pressing when they got off the bus. Sometimes it's easier to say these things than it is to actually do them successfully.

bdubyab60

We pressed some. I imagine as the year goes it will be more. Only got 10 players and one did not play. Think he had at least 3 quit. So out of the 10 we have 7 played football practiced Saturday and Monday maybe a little Sunday. Like the past couple years it will take EPC a little but to get going. But really couldn't tell much about what he's got put in.

Do have a sophomore Xavier Reed I think is his name is going to be a pretty good ballplayer. Got good handles, athletic and decent shooter. Only played about a half the other night because of foul trouble but you could tell he's got some skills.

Overall really wasn't a bad game for EPC. As mentioned if expect man to man and more press later on. I think EPC will be decent though and win more than they lose. Sucks having to play conference games for your first couple of games though.

Conference should be pretty competitive this year. I haven't seen many scores so I'm not sure how other teams are doing yet.

BoxNOne

Definetely a disadvantage playing conference game for first games. If the Reed kid is pretty good, EPC should be in the conference hunt.

leedog95

EPC won't be rolling MT this year unless Monk comes back... Where did that Reed kid come from I think he went to MT in grade school then moved up to Jonesboro. EPC is an average team this year sorry. Bdub and y'all Jr team looked very average!!!

bdubyab60

We will beat MT easily next time they play.

Never said we were going to be great not near as talented as we usually are. But people said that last year and we came close to making second round of state. It's the first game of the year and I think EPC will be fine. Will have to see about this new coach and how he brings the kids along.

Reed kid moved in from Nettleton I believe.

BoxNOne

Rector girls beat Riverside 52-47 tonight. Riverside was down 19 late in 3rd and cut it to four but came up short. Riverside won jr game.

BoxNOne

Riverside girls beat Marked Tree 65-44 in Jennings tournament tonight. Riverside boys beat Rector by 20+ tonight in conference play.

NEA Razorback olfan

Box,
Good to see the Lady Rebels bounce back

BoxNOne

Thanks olfan. Lady Rebels are still inconsistent at times but can be pretty good when they get it together. I think the way they played at Rector(terrible) woke them up a little. They now face a very good Valley View team in Jennings tournament. That will be good experience for them going forward.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Boys:   Bic beat Cross County JR & SR.  SR game had 5 T's  & BT did not get one.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 03, 2014, 08:09:24 am
Thanks olfan. Lady Rebels are still inconsistent at times but can be pretty good when they get it together. I think the way they played at Rector(terrible) woke them up a little. They now face a very good Valley View team in Jennings tournament. That will be good experience for them going forward.

Good luck !!
VV is pretty tough!!

BoxNOne

Pocahontas girls over Marmaduke 50-45

Bay boys over Riverside 80-64

BoxNOne

Just saw in paper that Marmaduke boys beat EPC on a last second shot. Going to be a dog fight on boys side this year.

Hogfan167

The 2A-3 is wide open in boys and girls with the exception of the Marmaduke girls.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 04, 2014, 09:07:11 am
Just saw in paper that Marmaduke boys beat EPC on a last second shot. Going to be a dog fight on boys side this year.
Had one starter benched for the game. Not sure if any others were out. Rocky start to the year.

birddawg1986

BIC will be the best of the bunch until end of January. Then Earle (playing football) EPC (Adjusting to new coach) will all come on as the year rolls on. Dont sleep on Riverside, Marked Tree, Marmaduke, Rector as the year goes. Dont know what Cross Co has yet, but should make for a fun, and exciting district tournament in our boys division. In girls Marmaduke is head-shoulders above everyone else while the rest should be all equal.

BoxNOne

I think Cross Cty will be competitive on the boys side. Don't know how many they will win but will knock off some teams this year.

pioneers

Quote from: birddawg1986 on December 05, 2014, 07:29:51 am
BIC will be the best of the bunch until end of January. Then Earle (playing football) EPC (Adjusting to new coach) will all come on as the year rolls on. Dont sleep on Riverside, Marked Tree, Marmaduke, Rector as the year goes. Dont know what Cross Co has yet, but should make for a fun, and exciting district tournament in our boys division. In girls Marmaduke is head-shoulders above everyone else while the rest should be all equal.

Don't think that football will slow Earle down any at all. Read In the paper that Earle beat rivercrest last week or 2 weeks ago without football players. Earle will be the best team in conference hands down, it will be a good game to watch between bic and Earle because of Taylor's history with Earle from Manila.

emthawg

Big win for Riverside Lady Rebels tonight over Valley View in overtime 65-61.  They get Nettleton tomorrow night.

BoxNOne

Big win for the Lady Rebels. Should give them some confidence knowing what they are capable of. I think VV will have good season. Lady Rebels just would not give in tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to the Lady Rebels!!

Hogfan167

Good to see EPC boys win a game tonight. It made headlines in the Jonesboro Sun. Beating Trumann not really that big a deal. The new coach must have relatives that work at the paper. I remember a big article about him when EPC hired him. You would have thought they hired Bobby Knight instead of a first year head coach. This is not a knock on EPC just wondering what the Suns agenda is.

playmaker04

Cross county over Shirley in the Midland tournament this morning 66-60 in overtime. Ty Townsend with 19.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 06, 2014, 11:33:08 am
Good to see EPC boys win a game tonight. It made headlines in the Jonesboro Sun. Beating Trumann not really that big a deal. The new coach must have relatives that work at the paper. I remember a big article about him when EPC hired him. You would have thought they hired Bobby Knight instead of a first year head coach. This is not a knock on EPC just wondering what the Suns agenda is.
Hes a Jonesboro grad.

Hogfan167

May have relatives working there then. Just thought it was an odd headline with tournaments going on.

emthawg

Lady Rebels lost to Nettleton.

BoxNOne

I was just glad the Lady Rebels didn't get anybody hurt in this one. Nettleton totally mauled them in the second half. The referees didn't help much as they didn't call a foul on Nettleton in the second half until 15 seconds were left and the clock was running. With that being said, there was no doubt who the better team was on this night. Going 1-1 against 5A schools on back to back nights was still not a bad showing.

birddawg1986

Quote from: aroundthehorn1 on November 24, 2014, 09:15:07 pm
Quote from: Hatchet on November 24, 2014, 05:16:50 pm
As I was there too, Coach Real yelled directly at Coach Taylor about his players and he actually yelled it at him twice and that is when Coach Taylor went across half court. If you people honestly believe that Coach Real didn't say anything then you aren't very smart. Why else would there have Ben controversy started. And for those who wanna know I am not from BIC either. Both coaches were somewhat in the wrong but this is being overblown. Competitive spirit gets taken too far sometimes an this is one case. It's over and both teams get to play again!
Looks like it will be worth the ticket of admission every time the BIC boys play.I was just catching up on hoops, and friend shared the incident with Taylor. Kinda early in the year for that. Then I was watching a tubetown game vs Bay, and he got a technical after his team was beaten at home. Kinda high strung this year. You love Taylor if he's your coach, and you hate him if he's not. Always worth catching a BIC game when Taylor's involved.

NeaBaller21

Riverside Sr. Boys over EPC senior boys in the first round of Gerald Jennings. Head to Earle tomorrow and got Manila Thursday And Marked Tree Friday. Tough week

emthawg

Lady Rebels over Earle 49-44.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas