• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 5A Fan Preseason Poll

Started by AT, August 02, 2019, 02:14:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

It is that time again. Here are the rules, rank 10 teams, like this:

1. PA
2. LRC
3. Batesville...
10. Alma

I will then put a point value to each rank and then put all the points together for a ranking for the preseason.

ANYONE can put a poll in. I used to have a minimum post limit, but I realized people who rarely post have some good polls.

Remember, if you have multiple accounts to rig an internet poll, you've already lost. I do reserve the right to throw out any poll I want to.

I'll put a deadline to the poll later, but it is open now.

My poll:

1. Little Rock Christian
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Harrison
4. Morrilton
5. Wynne
6. Little Rock McClellan
7. Batesville
8. Camden Fairview
9. Texarkana
10. Greenbrier

RazorDad

1 LRCA
2 PA
3 Harrison
4 Morrilton
5 Texarkana
6 White Hall
7 Vilonia
8 Parkview
9 Wynne
10 Batesville

JessieP

August 02, 2019, 03:17:56 pm #2 Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 03:20:33 pm by JessieP
1) PA
2) Harrison
3) Morrilton
The distance between LA and NYC...
4) Parkview
5) McClellan
6) Wynne
7) Texarkana
8) LRC
9) Batesville
10) Blytheville

I was not being sarcastic. I have no idea why I get that moronic smiley face icon when I hit eight. LRC is my pick for eight.

JacketFan

August 02, 2019, 04:25:34 pm #3 Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:43:43 pm by JacketFan
1. MoTown
2. Harrison
3. PA
4. McClellan
5. Parkview
6. Wynne
7.  Batesville
8. LRC
9. Blytheville
10.Texarkana

GuvHog

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Harrison
3. Morrilton
4. McClellan
5. Wynne
6. Batesville
7. Little Rock Christian
8. Texarkana
9. Greenbrier
10. Watson Chapel

incogneto

August 02, 2019, 05:37:49 pm #5 Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:03:18 pm by incogneto
1. Harrison
2. LRCA
3. PA

4. McClellan
5. Morrilton

6. White Hall
7. Wynne
8. Texarkana (forgot them not on purpose)
9. Greenbrier
10. Parkview

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Harrison

3. MoTown
4. McClellan
5. Wynne
6. Texarkana
7. Parkview
8. Batesville
9. CFV
10. Bly

PA Dad

August 02, 2019, 08:52:11 pm #7 Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:19:35 pm by PA Dad
1.  LRCA - I'm not sure how good they will be this year but I always put the defending champ at number one.

2.  Harrison- they have tremendous talent returning.  Has to be one of the favorites.

3.  PA -  last year they were very young.  This year they return many starters.  I would not be surprised to see PA and Harrison in the championship if the brackets are right.

4.  Morrilton- Criswell is to Morrilton what Hill was to LRCA.

5.  McClellan -  Moody has done an amazing job.  I expect they will be in the mix.

6.   Batesville- based solely on history and tradition.

7.   Wynne - ditto

8.    Texarkana-  I know they lost a lot but they may compete in the South.

9.  Parkview- just a steady team.

10. Greenbrier-  I think they improve this year.

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on August 02, 2019, 05:37:49 pm
1. Harrison
2. LRCA
3. PA

4. McClellan
5. Morrilton

6. White Hall
7. Wynne
8. Greenbriar
9. Parkview

10. Vilonia
Thanks for leaving Texarkana out of the top ten!! I feel better now

#1 Hog fan

1. Little Rock Christian
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Harrison
4. Morrilton
5. Little Rock McClellan
6. Wynne
7. Camden Fairview
8. Texarkana
9. Batesville
10. Greenbrier

A lot of these teams could be trouble.

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on August 02, 2019, 05:56:09 pm
1. PA
2. Harrison

3. MoTown
4. McClellan
5. Wynne
6. Texarkana
7. Parkview
8. Batesville
9. CFV
10. Bly

LRCA gets no respect!

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 03, 2019, 06:36:18 am
Yeah in hindsite Texarkana should probably be #10.

dubbnation

1. PA
2. MoTown
3. LRC
4. Harrison
5. Texarkana
6. Batesville
7. McClellan
8. Wynne
9. Blytheville
10. Parkview

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 03, 2019, 06:36:18 am
I amended my poll.  That wasn't done on purpose. 

athletic supporter

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Harrison
3. Morrilton
4. LR Christian
5. McClellan
6. Texarkana
7. Batesville
8. Wynne
9. Camden Fairview
10. Blytheville

Lumberjackfan1978

1 PA
2 Harrison
3 Morrilton
4 McClellan
5LRC
6 Wynne
7 Batesville
8Parkview
9 Texarkana
10 Greenbrier

Red Devil Alum

PA only has 2 players that weigh over 200 pounds. Hard to win state like that.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on August 06, 2019, 10:01:11 am
PA only has 2 players that weigh over 200 pounds. Hard to win state like that.

You had me there for a second or two. My jaw dropped until I looked at the roster, good one.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on August 04, 2019, 07:54:01 pm
LRCA gets no respect!

well if I am wrong it won't be the 1st time  :D

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on August 06, 2019, 12:51:22 pm
You had me there for a second or two. My jaw dropped until I looked at the roster, good one.
30 plus seniors on PA squad this year, gonna be tough to reload next year.

Yellowcake

I believe the number of seniors is 22. But still, going to be tough to replace next year.

The "only two kids over 200 pounds" statement is the truth. It's a fact. We are a very small team.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 06, 2019, 10:43:07 pm
I believe the number of seniors is 22. But still, going to be tough to replace next year.

The "only two kids over 200 pounds" statement is the truth. It's a fact. We are a very small team.

Max preps has four over 200. Two of those are not currently over 200, and the two listed at 200 are lighter than that currently.

Not excuse making, just telling you, we are small.

Go Postal

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 06, 2019, 10:47:44 pm
Max preps has four over 200. Two of those are not currently over 200, and the two listed at 200 are lighter than that currently.

Why are there 8 players listed with no numbers yet?  Newly-acquired to the team?

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 06, 2019, 10:47:44 pm

Yellowcake why do you do that? PA fans have got to stop posting about their lack of size. As we speak some LRCA backers are sharing your post and are out offering "financial aid" to midgets. Their saying "oh yeah, we'll show them small". Any day now we can expect a post from a LRCA fan saying "we don't have a player on our d-line over 4'7" Don't ever forget the basic rule of psychics, for every PA action there is a LRCA reaction.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on August 07, 2019, 09:58:46 am
Yellowcake why do you do that? PA fans have got to stop posting about their lack of size. As we speak some LRCA backers are sharing your post and are out offering "financial aid" to midgets. Their saying "oh yeah, we'll show them small". Any day now we can expect a post from a LRCA fan saying "we don't have a player on our d-line over 4'7" Don't ever forget the basic rule of psychics, for every PA action there is a LRCA reaction.
You mean physics right JesseP, that public school edumacation is showing buddy, lol Could not help myself

JessieP

August 07, 2019, 10:43:13 am #25 Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:52:09 pm by JessieP
Quote from: JacketFan on August 07, 2019, 10:27:50 am
You mean physics right JesseP, that public school edumacation is showing buddy, lol Could not help myself

While I am a functioning illiterate, I actually meant psychic. Way back, one LRC backer accused Batesville's coaches of having mind control over the refs. They claimed on one play, during the semi finals, a ref was going to flag the Pioneers for a late hit that would have extended their drive but the Pioneer coaches stared him down. Of course he also stated that the Warriors had God on their side, learning that our coaches had more power then the Almighty was quite jarring to me.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on August 07, 2019, 10:43:13 am
While I am a functioning illiterate I actually meant psychic. Way back one LRC backer accused Batesville's coaches of having mind control over the refs. They claimed on one play during the semi finals a ref was going to flag the Pioneers for a late hit that would have extended their drive but the Pioneer coaches stared him down. Of course he also stated that the Warriors had God on their side so learning that our coaches had more power then the Almighty was quite jarring to me.
That explains Miss Cleo being a rabid Pioneer fan, you guys got to stop with all the trickery, lol

JessieP

Quote from: JacketFan on August 07, 2019, 11:06:08 am
That explains Miss Cleo being a rabid Pioneer fan, you guys got to stop with all the trickery, lol

Psychic manipulation, paying refs and killing the lights. Whatever it takes!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JessieP on August 07, 2019, 09:58:46 am

(Larry the Cable Guy voice) Now that's funny right there!  I don't care who you are.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Go Postal on August 07, 2019, 08:47:21 am
Why are there 8 players listed with no numbers yet?  Newly-acquired to the team?

MaxPreps for some reason has a few seniors from last year still listed but removed numbers.  It definitely needs to be edited and cleaned up.
Accurate number on the current roster is 55 players.

As for the weight of players...there are more than 4 at 200lbs but not many more.

JessieP

August 07, 2019, 05:48:55 pm #30 Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 05:52:50 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on August 07, 2019, 04:01:10 pm
(Larry the Cable Guy voice) Now that's funny right there!  I don't care who you are.

Thank you CBPOV. Who do you see this year at WMS? Who gets to lose to PA, Harrison or Morrilton?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on August 06, 2019, 12:51:22 pm
I'm quoting Kevin Kelley. You may have better info than him.

DEVIL DOG HOG

1 LRCA
2 PA
3 Harrison
4 Morrilton
5 Texarkana
6 White Hall
7 Vilonia
8 Parkview
9 Wynne
10 Batesville

AHS06

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Harrison
3. Morrilton
4. LR Christian
5. LR McClellan
6. Wynne
7. Arkansas High (Texarkana)
8. LR Parkview
9. Batesville
10. Camden Fairview

PrivateLesson

Why hasn't anyone picked the Airedales to be in the Top 10??

Go Postal

Well heck, I heard where one of our defensive linemen lost 30 pounds over the summer.  He should be very fast at 290 lbs now. ;)

Go Postal

1.   LRCA (2018 5A State Champs)
2.   Pulaski Academy (2018 5A State Runner-up)
3.   Harrison (2018 5A Public School State Champ)
4.   Morrilton (2018 5A Public School State Runner-up)

5.   LR McClellan
6.   Wynne
7.   Greenbrier
8.   LR Parkview
9.   Batesville
10. Alma

incogneto

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 14, 2019, 06:25:15 pm
Why hasn't anyone picked the Airedales to be in the Top 10??
That is a great question.  Not only did I completely forget about Texarkana but I also forgot about Alma.  I guess it's the 6A to 5A teams.  Parkview is in the central conference so it's easy to remember them. 

WTD

1 PA
2 Harrison
3 Morrilton
4 Parkview
5 LRC
6 White Hall
7 McClellan
8 Batesville
9 Wynne
10 Greenbrier

Sweet Feet

Parkview is slowly turning into the most talented team in 5A. Coach Bolding is building something there in the same way Moody did at McClellan. Except Parkview has more possible Division I recruits. All it ever took in the LRSD schools was the right coaches.

kosher33

Harrison
PA
Morrilton
LMC
Parkview
LRC
CF
GB
Batesville
Wynne

AT

I'm going to close this by the end of the today (midnight if you will) and put the rankings up tomorrow!

Greyhands

1 Harrison
2 PA
3 Morrilton
4 Parkview
5 LRC
6 White Hall
7 McClellan
8 Batesville
9 Wynne
10 Texarkana

Hoghead2

August 18, 2019, 12:35:40 am #43 Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:37:27 am by Hoghead2
1.LRCA.... Defending Champion
2. PA..... Just hard to beat
3. Harrison... Best team since Tice
4. Morrillton.... D-Dogs are tough
5. LR McClellan......Moody is Ready
6. Texarkana...Hogs always Talented
7. Wynne..... Jackets are the Jackets
8. Greenbriar.....Panthers could be sneaky
9. Batesville.... Pioneers still strong
10. White Hall.... Bulldogs & Bolding

WTD

I forgot about Magnolia in my poll! Heard they have some serious studs this year and are looking great under new leadership.
1. McClellan
2. Magnolia
3. Texarkana
4. Camden/Lakeside
South prediction

AT

Closed! Compiling the points now!

Hoghead2

Quote from: WTD on August 18, 2019, 01:47:06 pm
I forgot about Magnolia in my poll! Heard they have some serious studs this year and are looking great under new leadership.
1. McClellan
2. Magnolia
3. Texarkana
4. Camden/Lakeside
South prediction
1.Texarkana
2. LR McClellan
3. Magnolia
4.Camden Fairview

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas