• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2 Tournament at Rose Bud

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 07:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

jr17

I'll tell ya right now, he doesn't get in foul trouble, this might be a different game.

TheGovernor

I agree different ball game if reeves actually plays 3rd quarter. Crabtree did a good job of keeping team together. In my opinion mayflower had way more talent, Cedar just had the best player and a better coach so that's why I favored them. Tough to see my conference go down and I'm not even a cedar ridge fan

jr17

Now, Reaves was good. But I still don't know about better than perry. While Reaves can full it up, he also had a handful of turnovers in his limited minutes.

Eagle20

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 27, 2015, 10:14:46 pm
Cedar Ridge, a team pegged by many to be a clear #2 in the state who had (supposedly) the best player in the state, will not advance to the state tournament
I would be willing to say he is the best player in 3A. Even though they lost.  I have seen the best ones including Ward.  I am not a CR fan and live in central Arkansas.

teachers pet

TheGovernor

Perry is not even close to Reeves. For several reasons, Perry can't shoot and relies on athleticism to get to rim. Reeves shoots it great, handles it great is 6'5" and unselfish. I'm going with the all around player. It was so obvious last night that Perry can't shoot the basketball. So no question who the better player was

doubled

Perry shouldn't have been in the game he made his bed and should have had to lay in it. But Austin is way better than him only playing a total of 20 min in the game he outscored out played and out classed Perry.

chuckBB

Quote from: Eagle20 on February 28, 2015, 01:06:45 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 27, 2015, 10:14:46 pm
Cedar Ridge, a team pegged by many to be a clear #2 in the state who had (supposedly) the best player in the state, will not advance to the state tournament
I would be willing to say he is the best player in 3A. Even though they lost.  I have seen the best ones including Ward.  I am not a CR fan and live in central Arkansas.
Well, he must be a darn good player if he is better than our Ward. Too bad I don't get to see him play. Maybe next year...

WPWells

If he was better than Ward he would have been able to lead his team to a state tournament. That's a fact

Sportsgirl

Well i haven't seen reeves play but I've seen JP play and jessieville has a kid named Hunter Daley that put on a show. He had 35 points and lead his team to State. Also he is only 5'9 and he has heart. VERY underrated. He is averaging 29 points since tournaments have started. He is very underrated and can shoot lights out. Focusing on height is very overrated.

fbisgreat

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 10:48:46 am
If he was better than Ward he would have been able to lead his team to a state tournament. That's a fact
Now remember Mayflower beat Lamar by 10 at Lamar.So if Charleston would of played Mayflower instead of Hass Hall.You could be saying same thing about Ward.

WPWells

No because he wouldn't have lost to Harding Academy to put his team in that situation

neds

Quote from: Sportsgirl on February 28, 2015, 11:03:17 am
Well i haven't seen reeves play but I've seen JP play and Jessieville has a kid named Hunter Daley that put on a show. He had 35 points and lead his team to State. Also he is only 5'9 and he has heart. VERY underrated. He is averaging 29 points since tournaments have started. He is very underrated and can shoot lights out. Focusing on height is very overrated.

Daley is a very good player and appears to be a good young man as well. Carries himself well on the court. I always place a big value on attitude and leadership.

teachers pet

See a lot of if's on here. If " IF and BUTS were candy and nuts, we all would have a merry Christmas! "

doubled

How many rings does Perry, ward, Daley and the rest have? I believe Reaves Has 2 when they bring home the Hardware then let's start talking.

WPWells

Can't ride his brother's coat tails his whole life. That argument is invalid

pioneers

Takes more than one player to win the game and more than one to lose the game. Can't put all the success and all the downfalls on one kids shoulders when the reality is there is 4 more players on his team on the court at the same time. Not referring this just to reaves but to everyone team and player in general.

WPWells

Matthew Ward last year in the state tournament - 47 points to beat Mayflower. Argue with that

doubled

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 12:22:23 pm
Can't ride his brother's coat tails his whole life. That argument is invalid
lol that's funny maybe ward will hit his free throws this year and get a ring.  Austin is as good as his brother when you lose 2 guys like Cole and Spencer plus the chemistry of those 5 guys on the court last year we'll that's hard to replace just ask  ECS next  year. CR will be the team to beat next year.

WPWells

Exactly, Austin did NOT lead the team to state last year. He was probably the second or maybe third best player on that team. Thanks for making my argument for me

FNLsupporter

12th man, I do like you, but you are looking a bit ridiculous bud.  Your arguments are that of a 2nd grader.

pioneers

The difference is last year cedar had 4 threats on the court you couldn't just focus on spencer as to this year Austin is really the biggest threat Crabtree is a banger inside doesn't have much of an outside game so it's easier for teams to shut Austin down because of his surroundings on the floor. Charleston is a much deeper team than cedar and there is more to them than ward so its easier for him to score. Both players are extremely good haven't been much on putting players success on if their team wins because last time I checked there is 5 players on the court.

WPWells

Here's my argument: last year Ward put Charleston on his back and scored over 40 points in their state tournament victory over Mayflower. Last night Reaves had a chance to do that same thing, but he didn't do it. If Reaves was as good as Ward, he would have found a way to beat Mayflower and get his team in the tournament

Lrbasketballguru

IMO, the ECS guards are as good as anyone in 3a for sure. They play more competition than anyone in the conference an perform well. There are three of them so the scoring is evenly distributed and thus a single one of them doesn't Stan out as much.

WPWells

Oh I definitely agree with that. They're all excellent. I'm just trying to see how you can STILL argue that the best player in the 3A won't be in the tournament

neds

I thought this was the Region 2 thread

WPWells

It was until it became the thread for Cedar Ridge fans to whine about last night and state that their player is still the best in the 3A (which is a very sour grapes thing to do - our season is over so we'll make this unprovable claim to try to salvage something)

neds

Asu12

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 12:57:27 pm
Here's my argument: last year Ward put Charleston on his back and scored over 40 points in their state tournament victory over Mayflower. Last night Reaves had a chance to do that same thing, but he didn't do it. If Reaves was as good as Ward, he would have found a way to beat Mayflower and get his team in the tournament
Dude do me a favor don't say another word about my son. If you think ward is better then him, that is fine with me. My sons plays the best he can for his team every time he steps on the court. Thank you & good luck to all the teams left in the tournament.

WPWells

Not bashing your son. Tell these "fans" of your team to congratulate Mayflower on their win and move on. Your son is obviously an excellent player. He wouldn't be in this conversation if he wasn't. Just remember y'all aren't in 2A anymore

Oh and your season is over. Move on to baseball. Sorry to be so harsh but that's a fact

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 01:06:16 pm
Oh I definitely agree with that. They're all excellent. I'm just trying to see how you can STILL argue that the best player in the 3A won't be in the tournament
You can't argue that. And after the results this week you have to question the level of competition CR faced this year. The 3 5-3A teams that beat the 1-3 teams from the 2-3A were 0-8 vs ECS this year with avg margin about 25 pts per game. Granted I think they are all 3 playing better now, but still...

doubled

Quote from: cdelaney on February 28, 2015, 02:18:08 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 01:06:16 pm
You can't argue that. And after the results this week you have to question the level of competition CR faced this year. The 3 5-3A teams that beat the 1-3 teams from the 2-3A were 0-8 vs ECS this year with avg margin about 25 pts per game. Granted I think they are all 3 playing better now, but still...
5-3a is really strong and they proved it. ECS has dominated all the other teams and doing this has made them better. Your only as good as your  competition. ECS will most likely repeat.

RedWolf275

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 01:37:35 pm
Not bashing your son. Tell these "fans" of your team to congratulate Mayflower on their win and move on. Your son is obviously an excellent player. He wouldn't be in this conversation if he wasn't. Just remember y'all aren't in 2A anymore

Oh and your season is over. Move on to baseball. Sorry to be so harsh but that's a fact

Don't know about anywhere else but in NEA the 2a-3 is about 4 times tougher than 3A-3.

Ctucker

I'm not from Ceder but I think Austin is a great player and yes 12th Man U was bashing his son. I hope charslton wins state and ward scores 50 and everybody will say he is the best player in the state, so you can be happy!

jr17

Whoa whoa whoa. Which player was getting bashed on this thread? If it's anyone, it was perry. Saying he got "outclassed" are you kidding me?? Nothing perry did was classless. Perry did not get outplayed. Yeah Reaves had a big game in points, but he also turned the ball over quite a bit. But the point I'm making is, what was said about perry is what would be considered bashing.

Ctucker

Ok they both got bashed.But he was bashing.

jr17

And incase you didn't get to read it earlier in the thread I stated that Reaves is the real deal. I enjoyed watching him play.

Ctucker

I have no doubt Perry is a great player.i said they both got bashed. I'm not from either school I'm ok with both being great. But apparently a kid can't be a great player unless he wins state.I think that's sad but unless you carry your team to a victory ever night you can't be great, unless your name is ward.And he is a great player I've watched him, I just wish other kids could be great too win or loose.

jr17

Ctucker

When are yall playing again would like to watch him play.

WPWells

Bashing (n) - severe criticism

What did I criticize? I stated my opinion as to why he's not the best player in the state. Do I believe Ward is? No. But I believe I've made it clear that Austin Reaves is not. He's good but not the best. Now y'all run along and go play baseball

Ctucker

I'm not from ceder so apparently you don't read very good. And I don't have a son that plays my girls have graduated high school.Just stated my opinion but yours is the only one that matters to you so run along and bash some more kids.

WPWells

Okay. Tell me where I criticized him

Ctucker

Can't ride brothers coat tail.If he was the best player he would have found a way to win, just a few.Im not saying he is the best but he is a great player.And the best players team does not always win that's been proven in all sports forever.I know some people said things about perry and mayflower I was not one of them.I wish them all the luck in the world and any other team still playing.

WPWells

That's not bashing. That's stating a fact. A good player elevates the play of everyone around him IMO

Ctucker

So if your the best player you have to win ever game. Well I'm done because that's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Asu12

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 05:32:24 pm
That's not bashing. That's stating a fact. A good player elevates the play of everyone around him IMO
Do you have a boy that plays?  Btw Austin doesn't play baseball but thanks.

WPWells

Nope but you should be able to beat a 3 seed. Y'all are taking what I'm saying and twisting it around. Go run along now and let the teams that are still in play. You're showing a lot of disrespect to teams that are still in. Sorry you lost, but move on

Asu12

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 06:14:32 pm
Nope but you should be able to beat a 3 seed. Y'all are taking what I'm saying and twisting it around. Go run along now and let the teams that are still in play. You're showing a lot of disrespect to teams that are still in. Sorry you lost, but move on
No disrespect to the team that are left. I have class and so does my son.  Ward is a great player & I hope his team has a chance to win it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas