• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A3 District

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2015, 04:50:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paperman

After thoughts on this tournament. Kudos to Mark Manchester and the folks at Manila High School for putting on an outstanding event. Games moved along nicely and people could not have been nicer.
I thought the games were competitive for the most part, but I thought the officiating left a little to be desired especially in the finals. Ending of the boys game was especially controversial in my mind and would have been so even if Manila had the ball in the same situation.
As for the boys game, hats off to the Lions, rallied really well after probably the worst start I've seen in the last five seasons for covering their games against RHS or OHS. As for Rivercrest, they should have had a 20 point lead by the half, but Manila rallied and I thought Coach Wimberly's move to put Reinhart back in with two fouls was well done. Caleb scored 8 points in the last 4 minutes of the half. I also thought Rivercrest made a remarkable run down the stretch and when they were 11 down with 6:45 to play I thought the game was over. Really strong rally by the Colts.
As for the girls final. Great job by Coach Judy Watson's Lady Colts. Corning gave them fits and had a solid game plan, but RHS found a way to get it done. Five straight conference titles for RHS outstanding run and I might add totally unexpected this season.
Best wishes to teams from Osceola, Rivercrest, Corning, Hoxie and Manila this week. Region 1E is going to bring some talented teams to Manila. It should be fun.

ISU7

I really like the charging call in the last minutes on the Little guard from RC (the littlest player on the court) against the 6ft post player from Manila nice timing being we just had the Academy Awards.... and the Oscar goes tooooooo.. Lol Good Luck to all the 3-3A teams in the regionals..

Head Lion

If we were o so lucky to have a guy 6 feet tall. Lol, how about the offensive foul against us with 24 secs left on a handoff. I know Colts know about handoffs. Best of luck to the Rivercrest squads.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2015, 04:40:03 pm
If we were o so lucky to have a guy 6 feet tall. Lol, how about the offensive foul against us with 24 secs left on a handoff. I know Colts know about handoffs. Best of luck to the Rivercrest squads.
Touchdown COLTS...lol ok 5'11" lol

Radiotalker

wow, Head Lion using a football term. I didn't think Manila knew anything about football. ;)

Head Lion

Very dang little outside the occasional wager.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2015, 04:47:27 pm
Very dang little outside the occasional wager.
Manila will be just a micro-chip better in football next season..................I THINK!!!!!!! ;D ;D 8)

Head Lion

I didnt recognize your word Touchdown, until I called a friend. Lol

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2015, 05:07:07 pm
I didnt recognize your word Touchdown, until I called a friend. Lol
Whewwww, I had to look at it again thought i had spelled it wrong, HL stop playing mannnnnnn!. lol

Longfellow

With 100% honesty, I had no idea Manila even had a football team

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas