• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best concession in 3 a

Started by nightowl, February 13, 2015, 06:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nightowl

This one has to go to Earle  but I heard that the officials have to pay for their food

bulldog42

Quote from: nightowl on February 13, 2015, 06:51:03 pm
This one has to go to Earle  but I heard that the officials have to pay for their food
Earle is 2A

smallybells

ECS- Chick-Fil-A, no contest here

jr17

How much is a burger at other gyms??

brown2010

smallybells

Perryville and most other schools I have been to in this conference, a burger is $3.50, still not a Chick-Fil-A sandwich 😆

pioneers

I'm with you night owl if only Earle was still 3a those chicken wings are hard to beat.

jr17

Mayflower charges 4$ for a burger. Man I just feel like that's too much.

nightowl

Them wings are off the chain , Fried bologna sandwich with same coleslaw

smallybells

Fried bologna and cole slaw? Seriously? That beats the run of the mill carnival food by far.

pioneers

Quote from: nightowl on February 13, 2015, 09:48:12 pm
Them wings are off the chain , Fried bologna sandwich with same coleslaw
Hated going to watch my team at Earle because they are so tough at home but the wings and Bologna always made it better.

HawgBall06

I know they are just a 1A school, but the best hot dogs in the state are at Kirby.  I have eaten at 50+ gyms in the state, but Kirby's hot dogs are large, all beef and I have yet to find anyone close.

Longfellow

You couldn't pay me to eat a hotdog from charleston. Nice gym. good school. Terrible hot dogs

HawgBall06

Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2015, 11:47:33 am
You couldn't pay me to eat a hotdog from charleston. Nice gym. good school. Terrible hot dogs

Yep, way too many bad hot dogs in Arkansas high school gyms.

jr17

Mayflowers chicken strip basket Is very good. Good seasoned fries and meaty chicken.

hornethigh-mhs

Mayflower is pretty good. I've never left hungry after a game there.

ISU7

Pay attention Nightowl Who! Who! wake up. it says 3A..lol 8) 8)

Skip Baymore

Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 14, 2015, 11:56:29 am

And everywhere else too.  The Hot Dog is an interesting study.  If you are ever wondering if its a "real" Hot Dog, I recommend not doing it.  Because Im not sure what a real Hot Dog is anyway.  Probably the best Hot Dogs to be had are at baseball stadiums.  The very simple ones - a dog, bread and mustard. They can be wonderful and make you have to go  back for a second one.   I try to stay away from the ones at the state fair but that's just me.  Some people swear by them.  That is what Skipper Say.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Skip Baymore on February 18, 2015, 12:22:41 am

And everywhere else too.  The Hot Dog is an interesting study.  If you are ever wondering if its a "real" Hot Dog, I recommend not doing it.  Because Im not sure what a real Hot Dog is anyway.  Probably the best Hot Dogs to be had are at baseball stadiums.  The very simple ones - a dog, bread and mustard. They can be wonderful and make you have to go  back for a second one.   I try to stay away from the ones at the state fair but that's just me.  Some people swear by them.  That is what Skipper Say.
i went to the best hot dog place in new york city. guess what it tasted just like a hot dog.

WPWells

I usually judge the quality of a concession stand by two factors:

1. Coke or Pepsi?
2. Quality of popcorn

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 18, 2015, 10:16:13 am
I usually judge the quality of a concession stand by two factors:

1. Coke or Pepsi?
2. Quality of popcorn
There is no excuse for Pepsi in general, but especially at a concession stand. We are not in the upper Midwest. And some places have air-popped popcorn, or off-site popcorn in those large bags that they dole out into smaller ones. Ugh.

WPWells

Oh my gosh those places are the worst

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Oldman on February 18, 2015, 10:14:49 am

i went to the best hot dog place in new york city. guess what it tasted just like a hot dog.
Hope you didn't pay much for it.  I would have been disappointed in that experience.   All hot dogs don't taste (or look) the same to me personally.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Skip Baymore on February 19, 2015, 12:02:09 am

Hope you didn't pay much for it.  I would have been disappointed in that experience.   All hot dogs don't taste (or look) the same to me personally.
it was a good hot dog. but still just a hot dog. you pay too much for everythng in manhattan.

jk

had a Manhatten street vendor hot dog, expected great things very disappointed

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Oldman on February 19, 2015, 10:47:07 am
Quote from: Skip Baymore on February 19, 2015, 12:02:09 am

it was a good hot dog. but still just a hot dog. you pay too much for everythng in manhattan.
No kidding.  Dollars don't go very far there.  For me there has never been an in between with the old American classic.  They are either really good, or bordering on disgusting.  But I think 12th man has it right,  my first impression of a concession comes from its drinks and popcorn.  I also kind of size up a Mexican restaurant based on it salsa.  Maybe we can start a new thread on that after basketball is over.

WPWells

Head Lion

Best concession stand ever was in the old gym at Caraway. They had like 30 flavors of ice cream and you could get anything from a bologna sandwich to a hamburger and it was all good. They also had like a 100 choices of candy to pick from and for a youngster that was very important.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 20, 2015, 02:22:23 pm
Best concession stand ever was in the old gym at Caraway. They had like 30 flavors of ice cream and you could get anything from a bologna sandwich to a hamburger and it was all good. They also had like a 100 choices of candy to pick from and for a youngster that was very important.
Penny candy huh... ;D 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas