• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games/Scores for 2/10/15

Started by bulldog42, February 10, 2015, 07:07:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgBall06

Quote from: hillbillyball on February 11, 2015, 08:30:47 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 11, 2015, 08:02:28 pm
Quote from: Eagles on February 11, 2015, 06:19:17 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 11, 2015, 12:51:03 pm
Really proud of both Cossatot River teams this year.  Girls beat Foreman last night by 8 in a physical game to finish the regular season 30-9 while the boys lost a close one by 1 in overtime to also finish 30-9 on the season. 

Expectations for the girls were not too high this year due to them only winning 14 games for the entire year last year, but they have played very good team ball and have competed very hard in every contest.  The boys had higher expectations this year, but have let a few close games slip away late with missed FTs and tight play in the last 4 minutes of some games.  Every loss for the boys has been single digits.  Both teams next play next Thursday in the semi-finals of the Sr district tourney.  Both junior teams will be playing tomorrow night in the semi-finals of the Jr district tourney.

They did have a good year. Gee 39 regular season games though, a little above the AAA guidelines :)  Best thing to happen to their girls was to get out of class A looks like five of their losses were to Kirby (2) and Acorn (3)

Tourneys & classics obviously added to that total and yes, class A teams were tough on them this year Kirby (2), Acorn (3), Jasper & Caddo Hills (all but Caddo have been ranked in the class A top 5 this year).  There only other losses were to 3A Bergman (ranked 5th in the state, I believe) and 3A Genoa Central who we are Co-Champs with in the conference at 9-1 each.
So 7 of their 9 losses are to class A. As far as number of games 28-2 or 25-3 still doesn't add up to 39 even if you play 3 games in each tourn. lol. If they play two in their district and three in reg. they will have played 44 games before state even starts. That many games they will really be ready or worn out.
Looks like it might be taking a toll on the boys.

You are right as far as the girls they are somewhat wore/beat down, however they now have a nice 9 day break before they play in the district semis so that gives them a little time to recharge and heal a few bruises & sprains.  I don't think the issue with the boys down the stretch has been number of games as much as it has been focus late in games (although, that could easily be attributed to being tired) on FT shooting & playing smart.  I think both of these teams are very much looking forward to district, regional & state in order to show that they belong as a 3A basketball power.  I have seen teams wear out or quit at the end of a season before, I don't see that from either of these teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas