• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3

Started by Head Lion, February 09, 2015, 04:28:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Just to start the thread & updates, we had the floor stripped & fresh coat of wax put on over the weekend. Looking sharp!

yellowjackethooper

I'm really excited to see this regional play out. I can see our league getting 3 in or maybe 1. I think Flippin is the only sure thing. And after their game with Valley who knows.

Head Lion

This side is going through a down cycle for probably this year & next. I say y'all's conference takes 3 of 4 girls slots & odds say it will be 2 & 2 in boys. Our gym holds over 2K, every seat a good one to watch a game.

bulldog42

The regional tournament should be a lot of fun.   However it will be interesting to see how the seeding plays out from the district tournament.   With Osceola finishing lower because of the forfeits that could cause some interesting scenarios      On the other side the potential Valley/Marshall matchup in the semi finals will be good and the finals should be really interesting.   

bootlegger

Quote from: Head Lion on February 09, 2015, 07:38:23 pm
This side is going through a down cycle for probably this year & next. I say y'all's conference takes 3 of 4 girls slots & odds say it will be 2 & 2 in boys. Our gym holds over 2K, every seat a good one to watch a game.
head lion,will the seats with the backs be avaible on a first come first serve basis?

bobcats

Quote from: bulldog42 on February 09, 2015, 08:49:03 pm
The regional tournament should be a lot of fun.   However it will be interesting to see how the seeding plays out from the district tournament.   With Osceola finishing lower because of the forfeits that could cause some interesting scenarios      On the other side the potential Valley/Marshall matchup in the semi finals will be good and the finals should be really interesting.   

It is also precarious for whomever draws the home team in the first round of regionals.  In HS, home court is usually good for 5-10 points.

pioneers

Quote from: bootlegger on February 09, 2015, 09:44:35 pm
head lion,will the seats with the backs be avaible on a first come first serve basis?
Yes they will be open for first come first serve.

Radiotalker

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on February 09, 2015, 07:20:00 pm
I'm really excited to see this regional play out. I can see our league getting 3 in or maybe 1. I think Flippin is the only sure thing. And after their game with Valley who knows.

In high school basketball there are no sure things. Ask Mountain View. I understand you point and I agree they will be heavily favored but I will not go out on that limb.

yellowjackethooper

Very good point Radiotalker. Nothing is for sure.

Head Lion

Quote from: bootlegger on February 09, 2015, 09:44:35 pm
Yes, all but mine. I am the Head Lion! Lol

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on February 09, 2015, 09:49:59 pm

It is also precarious for whomever draws the home team in the first round of regionals.  In HS, home court is usually good for 5-10 points.
Home court is nice, better than that our gym favors shootersm. Ball hits the rim, it usually goes in, not likel some rims where it bounces to the ceiling. Not bragging, but our gym is a great place & comfortable to watch good high school ball. You have a complaint let me know, I will try to help anyway I can. Especially for the kids. Because this is really their moment in the sun.

Head Lion

Tell Coach Hargrove, I drew his game to ref in first round. Lol, just kidding, does a great job

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on February 11, 2015, 10:02:16 pm

Home court is nice, better than that our gym favors shootersm. Ball hits the rim, it usually goes in, not likel some rims where it bounces to the ceiling. Not bragging, but our gym is a great place & comfortable to watch good high school ball. You have a complaint let me know, I will try to help anyway I can. Especially for the kids. Because this is really their moment in the sun.

Sounds good to me.  Marshall still has to win 1 game to get there but they like to play a similar style to the 3A-3 teams, up tempo with shooters spotting up, and a couple of guards who like to attack the basket.  You will find Marshall and Valley both like to get after it and score in the 70's and Flippin on the other hand likes to control the tempo keeping it in the 40's.  Should be fun.

LadyCats

Is the bracket out for District yet?

LadyCats

Is the bracket out for District yet?

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 11, 2015, 10:02:16 pm

So you saying the roof will be opened lol

Radiotalker

February 15, 2015, 10:13:02 am #16 Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:01:09 pm by Radiotalker
I know this a high school board, but just wanted to report on the future of this conference. Went out and watched the junior high district I also yesterday. On the girls side - Rivercrest won a thriller over Hoxie. All the Lady Colts do is win. For Hoxie and the rest of the state remember the name Sydney Gilham (not sure if I spelled correctly) great size and just a 8th grader.

On the boys side, Manila once again played for the tourney championship. Future is bright for the Lions. Yesterday they ran into a buzz saw in Osceola. The junior Seminoles ran the table and only lost 3 games all year. Size, speed, and this bunch can shoot. If this group can stay together I predict another banner in a few years.

neds

That wouldn't surprise me a bit

TheOfficial

February 15, 2015, 05:46:51 pm #18 Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:49:10 pm by TheOfficial
Quote from: Radiotalker on February 15, 2015, 10:13:02 am
I know this a high board, but just wanted to report on the future of this conference. Went out and watched the junior high district I also yesterday. On the girls side - Rivercrest won a thriller over Hoxie. All the Lady Colts do is win. For Hoxie and the rest of the state remember the name Sydney Gilham (not sure if I spelled correctly) great size and just a 8th grader.

On the boys side, Manila once again played for the tourney championship. Future is bright for the Lions. Yesterday they ran into a buzz saw in Osceola. The junior Seminoles ran the table and only lost 3 games all year. Size, speed, and this bunch can shoot. If this group can stay together I predict another banner in a few years.

And on the other side of the region Valley Springs jr girls beat a much improved Bergman team in the finals.  Mt View's jr girls lost out in the semis and they have talent as well.  Valley's jr girls are something like 55-2 over the past two seasons and look for them to be very very good again next year.

On the boys side Valley Springs beat a very good Cotter team by about 20 in the finals.  Valley hit 11 treys.  The Garvin kid had 38 points.  Mt View and Yellville both had good jr boys teams as well.

bulldog42

I will be interesting to see how close to the start of the regionals the district tournaments will finish up.  Not sure how much snow they are getting in the east and the 3A3 area but I know most or all of the schools in the 3A1E area have cancelled today and with the looks of the temps will probably not have school tomorrow.

Head Lion

We will not have school tomorrow, 1/2 inch of ice & 2-3 inches of snow. I remember. 2 years ago our boys beat Earle in finals delayed until Monday night. Got in the hotel room at 230am & played Jessieville a 4 seed & got beat 12, our kids had no legs. I didnt make the excuse at the time. But Region 2&4 both finished on Saturday. It definitely was an advantage for them.

Head Lion

School is already cancelled for Tuesday in Manila.

pioneers

Idk if school will be back in by Thursday temperature not supposed to be above freezing until friday

Radiotalker

If there is a silver lining...only 6 teams will help.

mlt

Is there a possibility the top four from the regular season would be sent to the regionals if the bad travel conditions continue?  At what point/day would that take place?

bulldog42

February 17, 2015, 09:43:00 am #25 Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:25:56 pm by bulldog42
Quote from: mlt on February 17, 2015, 09:38:43 am
Is there a possibility the top four from the regular season would be sent to the regionals if the bad travel conditions continue?  At what point/day would that take place?

Head Lion

3A3 is going Wed-Fri and will start early Friday if need be, scout on Saturday. Then practice Sunday-Tuesday, hope this evens things up a bit. I try to be optimist, I see at very best it going 4-4 probably more like 3-5.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas