• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MVP so far

Started by BigMan15, February 08, 2015, 12:41:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

During regular season who is the MVP?

Mathew Ward
10 (24.4%)
Kel Robinson
10 (24.4%)
Reeves
15 (36.6%)
Martin
8 (19.5%)
Chew
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: February 18, 2015, 12:41:37 pm

BigMan15

We can add or change some names if needed.

neds

I reserve my final vote until state is complete

bootlegger

Quote from: neds on February 08, 2015, 01:58:14 pm
[/quoteyour right ned most people have only seen part of this list play so most voting will be homers voting for their players,and the winning votes will be the school that has the most posters on fearless friday,not necesserilly the best player]

BigMan15

Then give us some stats and info on some other players...ppg rpg apg turnovers steals..etc.

bootlegger

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 08, 2015, 02:51:10 pm
Then give us some stats and info on some other players...ppg rpg apg turnovers steals..etc.
bigman15 who is your vote for mvp

BigMan15

Its hard to say but maybe ward or chew right now!!

jr17

There's too many good choices. Any of the 3 ECS guys. Ward. Chew. Reaves. All could make a case.

bootlegger

it will be great to get a chance to see all these guys at the same tourney

neds

Quote from: bootlegger on February 08, 2015, 05:41:18 pm

I hope they all make it.
It will also be fun to see some of the younger talent that will represent the 3A as a changing of the guard takes place in some conferences.

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on February 08, 2015, 05:49:44 pm
Quote from: bootlegger on February 08, 2015, 05:41:18 pm

I hope they all make it.
It will also be fun to see some of the younger talent that will represent the 3A as a changing of the guard takes place in some conferences.
Bad thing our younger talent is still a couple years away.

neds

It comes in cycles Lion.
ECS will take a step back after this year as will Charleston and possibly Cedar Ridge. Sounds like Paris will be an early favorite next year as things change a bit. ECS will be good again , but much smaller than this year. Still good guard play , but they will change their game to what they have next year. There is no doubt in my mind that the 3A 3 will be back next year and in the future. In the mean time we will see how Rivercrest does in the post season.
It's about to get fun.

bdog32

CR only has 1 senior.   Don't count out marianna. They are young also.

neds

Quote from: bdog32 on February 08, 2015, 09:15:50 pm
CR only has 1 senior.   Don't count out marianna. They are young also.

Really my point, lots of change coming. That is a good thing.

cdelaney

Quote from: neds on February 08, 2015, 01:58:14 pm
My main hesitation is not the timing, since he says "so far", but what do you mean by MVP. Same debate they have in NFL or MLB when one player on a decent but not championship team is clearly the best player that season? Should he be the MVP or should it be the best/most important player on the championship team?
In 3A football there was an easy choice last season- the best player in 3A was QB of the State Champion, and he was by far the most important player on that team- without Storey Charleston would have been OK, but nowhere close to State Championship. In 3A Bball there are a lot of really good players this year, including a few not on this ballot. I would say that Ward and Reaves are easily the "most valuable" players on their respective teams, because losing them to injury, or any reason, would probably make a state title run impossible. So if you mean the most important player on a contending team, they would be good candidates.
Not surprisingly, I am biased towards our ECS guys, and while I still would take Martin as the single most important player, the gap has closed this year with the significantly improved play of Robinson and Freeman.
So I voted for Martin, because he is (by a little bit) the best and most important player on what is "so far" the best team.
If Ward, Reaves, Chew, or someone not on the list leads their team to the State Championship with less of a supporting cast than Martin has, they clearly deserve to be the MVP.

ISU7

February 09, 2015, 02:33:49 pm #14 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:03:36 am by ISU7
Chew has nowhere near the supporting cast the others have, plus Chew is only 5'9". 8) 8) 8) 8)

cdelaney

Quote from: ISU7 on February 09, 2015, 02:33:49 pm
Chew has nowhere the supporting cast the others have, plus Chew is only 5'9". 8) 8) 8) 8)
That was certainly the case last year in State, he was impressive but didn't have much help.

Head Lion

Someone ask me Friday night who I would pick between Tweet & Demoine Brown. I said Tweet has as much talent as you can put in a 5'9" body. He is very unselfish. Unbelievable first step, streaking hot shooter. No one in 5A or below can handle him off the dribble. Having said all that, I told my friend I still take Demoine. He was just a winner, if you needed a 2 he got it, a board he went & got it. The only way to characterize him as a player was he was going to do what it took to beat you. Both very talented Colts.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 09, 2015, 04:26:16 pm
Someone ask me Friday night who I would pick between Tweet & Demoine Brown. I said Tweet has as much talent as you can put in a 5'9" body. He is very unselfish. Unbelievable first step, streaking hot shooter. No one in 5A or below can handle him off the dribble. Having said all that, I told my friend I still take Demoine. He was just a winner, if you needed a 2 he got it, a board he went & got it. The only way to characterize him as a player was he was going to do what it took to beat you. Both very talented Colts.
Well said HL.... 8)

neds

Didn't Brown go to Harding to play basketball?

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on February 10, 2015, 11:10:42 am
yes Neds, do not know if he is still there. Good young tho & just a player that got the job done in any sport.

Head Lion

pioneers

Quote from: neds on February 10, 2015, 11:10:42 am
He was at Harding and got to play his first year and then was ineligible due to grades I believe. He is currently at Williams baptist playing basketball there and I believe he is red shirting because of the transferring rules so he redshirted to not lose a year of eligibility.

neds

Thanks , good luck to him

ISU7

Brown is playing for Williams Baptist. He had a tremendous dunk in a game at Williams  last Saturday. His sister Damonique is a starting guard for Williams girls. His lil bro Demalion Brown a eight grader started at qb for the Jr Colts football team and is the starting point guard for the Jr Colts basketball team  8)

pioneers

Quote from: ISU7 on February 10, 2015, 09:32:11 pm
Brown is playing for Williams Baptist. He had a tremendous dunk in a game at Williams  last Saturday. His sister Damonique is a starting guard for Williams girls. His lil bro Demalion Brown a eight grader started at qb for the Jr Colts football team and is the starting point guard for the Jr Colts basketball team  8)
My bad isu I've watched Williams play at crc and at Lyon and he didn't play in either one so I thought he was having to sit out for transferring.

ISU7

Quote from: pioneers on February 10, 2015, 10:10:11 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on February 10, 2015, 09:32:11 pm
My bad isu I've watched Williams play at crc and at Lyon and he didn't play in either one so I thought he was having to sit out for transferring.
No problem 8) He got clear sometime round January 15th. They play Lyon @ Williams this saturday women at 2p followed by the men at 4p... 8)

Lrbasketballguru

February 15, 2015, 11:10:57 am #26 Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:15:55 am by Lrbasketballguru
Kelvin Robinson is playing at a tremendous level. He is one of the best players in the state, regardless of classification IMO. Very explosive, can dribble very well, hit three's etc. He also shows up in big time situations against formidable opponents.  Other two ECS guards are very good as well. They all could score more than they do, but there are so many other options on the team, such as the Geese. Hoping for a great postseason!

think

I've said it on here before, those that think Martin is the best guard for ECS doesn't know a lot about basketball. While Martin is a good player, Robinson is on another level. He's vastly improved since last year.

cdelaney

Quote from: think on February 15, 2015, 12:25:09 pm
I've said it on here before, those that think Martin is the best guard for ECS doesn't know a lot about basketball. While Martin is a good player, Robinson is on another level. He's vastly improved since last year.
I am almost there with you, slowly coming around. Robinson and Freeman have both improved this year, and Robinson is so explosive and hard to defend. When his jump shot is going, he is unstoppable. But I still like Martin's overall game, his ability to control the game and tempo, to make the big shot, and his defense and passing. Still give him a slight edge in terms of MVP on this team.

bobcats

We will see next year when Martin isn't there.  I don't see ECS being as dominant next year.

cdelaney

February 17, 2015, 11:04:31 am #30 Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:59:25 pm by cdelaney
Quote from: bobcats on February 17, 2015, 10:34:03 am

We will see next year when Martin isn't there.  I don't see ECS being as dominant next year.
No they won't, and not just because of Martin. They are losing 3 senior big men who have played 95% of the minutes when the games have been competitive, the Geese and Becton. Their two best sophomores are not playing this year due to injury/surgery, one of those will play inside but can't be expected to be a factor especially early in the year. Having Robinson and Freeman, and Coach Marsh, they will be very good, but not as good.

think

Their biggest loss next year will be inside play. The twins will be hard to replace. They have another So. guard that will step into Martin's place. Not as good of a shooter but a good player. They will still be a tough out, but teams will be able to focus heavily on Robinson and Freeman.

jr17

Their best sophmore imo is the Brasfield guard. But I know the other 2 guys you're talking about.

Eagle20

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on February 15, 2015, 11:10:57 am
Kelvin Robinson is playing at a tremendous level. He is one of the best players in the state, regardless of classification IMO. Very explosive, can dribble very well, hit three's etc. He also shows up in big time situations against formidable opponents.  Other two ECS guards are very good as well. They all could score more than they do, but there are so many other options on the team, such as the Geese. Hoping for a great postseason!
I agree.  Robinson is the best on that team.  He is bigger and stronger than the other two and can do everything well.  Doesn't have a glaring weakness.

urban legend2

I agree for the most part about Robinson. I do believe he is the best overall player on that team, but when it comes to needing that key basket late or putting the team on your back, I'm rolling with Martin.

Ctucker

After finally watching Ecs play.I just want to say the Martin kid is awsome. Great point guard does everything and if wanted to I think could easily avererage 20 something but real unselfless.But when he needs to score he does it. Was very impressed.

GreyColt

Quote from: cdelaney on February 09, 2015, 03:15:02 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on February 09, 2015, 02:33:49 pm
Chew has nowhere the supporting cast the others have, plus Chew is only 5'9". 8) 8) 8) 8)
That was certainly the case last year in State, he was impressive but didn't have much help.
he had a lot of 'help' last year, didn't say it was always used or used in the right way but we had loads of talent last year.  Every thing needed to win a title, except an answer for ECS.

bootlegger

i have watched all the point guards play in the tournament and i think overall chew has played the best,but that is just the tournament games.if only he had more of a supporting cast,thats just my opinion.

WPWells

Someone I know who's seen all these teams said his all-3A first team would be:
Ward
Martin
Robinson
Perry
Wilks

jr17

That would be my team. With Freeman and Reaves 6&7. No doubt.

Bergman1820

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 06, 2015, 10:54:40 pm
Ward
Martin
Robinson
Perry
Wilks

Hogue from Valley Springs wouldn't make the list?

urban legend2

Ward
Martin
Robinson
Perry
Wilks
That's a very good team.

teachers pet

Don't forget Jessieville,  they are losing only one player and it's not Daley.

WPWells

vstigerz, who would you take off the team and replace with Hogue?

jr17

Are we fielding a 12 man team? Or just starters? Those would hands down be my starters.

bobcats

Quote from: jr17 on March 06, 2015, 11:53:37 pm
Are we fielding a 12 man team? Or just starters? Those would hands down be my starters.

You might want a true post player on that team.

Lrbasketballguru

Ward
Martin
Robinson
Perry
Wilks

You need Freeman in there. No argument at all. You need Freeman in there.

WPWells

I've never once been impressed with Freeman. Which of the five do you replace him with?

BigMan15

Ward
Martin
Robinson
Perry
Wilks

Very good starting five..cant agrue about anyone. Now after that five theres a lot of guys that could be 6,7,8..

jr17

I feel like Wilks And robinsonh would be able to handle the post on my team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas