• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discuss the 3A Top 10

Started by WPWells, January 19, 2015, 08:44:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jr17

Mayflower over lamar at lamar. Who has beaten charleston and paris.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: jr17 on February 13, 2015, 09:20:05 pm

Well, Danville and Two Rivers also beat Lamar at Lamar. I wouldn't be too pious about beating a team that barely finished 4th in conference and might not even go to regionals. Good win, but it was an average night at best for Lamar. They shot far better against Charleston, I promise.

WPWells

Totally different to compare a game against a conference rival to a non-con game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 13, 2015, 09:49:18 pm
Totally different to compare a game against a conference rival to a non-con game

Lamar tanked :D

neds

So Mayflower should have beaten them much worse at their place?

#EagleStrong

Nah, I mean I was expecting a 10-15 point win for Mayflower. It's a good match up for them. I just wouldn't consider it indicative of anything more.

smallybells

cdelaney

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 13, 2015, 09:28:02 pm
Quote from: jr17 on February 13, 2015, 09:20:05 pm

Well, Danville and Two Rivers also beat Lamar at Lamar. I wouldn't be too pious about beating a team that barely finished 4th in conference and might not even go to regionals. Good win, but it was an average night at best for Lamar. They shot far better against Charleston, I promise.
I actually agree that it's hard to compare a non-conference game to a conference rivalry game; but it is ironic that a few weeks ago winning at Lamar was the most difficult thing in the world, and now it's no big deal after all.

Longfellow

I agree. everyone talked about how tough it was playing at Lamar and I definitely agree that it is, but now it's no big deal?

neds

And no big deal that Charleston lost again last night.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2015, 11:46:34 am
I agree. everyone talked about how tough it was playing at Lamar and I definitely agree that it is, but now it's no big deal?

No one said it was no big deal. It's a good win. It was also a conference 2 seed over a conference 4 seed. It was close, closer than the final score indicates. On a neutral floor, I would have taken Mayflower by 20. Lamar struggles with athletic teams. It's why Two Rivers was able to sweep them. Charleston and Paris don't fit that description. I just don't extrapolate anything from the game beyond the final score.

cdelaney

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 14, 2015, 01:36:11 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2015, 11:46:34 am

No one said it was no big deal. It's a good win. It was also a conference 2 seed over a conference 4 seed. It was close, closer than the final score indicates. On a neutral floor, I would have taken Mayflower by 20. Lamar struggles with athletic teams. It's why Two Rivers was able to sweep them. Charleston and Paris don't fit that description. I just don't extrapolate anything from the game beyond the final score.
You're right of course. Just couldn't resist the easy snark.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas