• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Conference Standings and Results

Started by #EagleStrong, December 31, 2014, 02:59:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

January 23, 2015, 08:03:52 pm #100 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:05:57 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville giving Lamar fits. Warriors only up 21-17 at half. McCarley only 2 pts.

1-Adam-12

Lamar 50 Booneville 40 in boys. Cats held McCarley to 6 though he had 6 assts.

Lamar 55-26 winners in girls.

Littlejohnfan65

January 23, 2015, 10:27:18 pm #102 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:30:15 pm by Littlejohnfan65
Boys

Charleston 67
Danville     54

Girls

Charleston 44
Danville     41

#EagleStrong

Couple of rivalry games with big time conference implications on Tuesday. Paris at Lamar is the presumed game of the night following the Warrior's upset win over Charleston last week. The Eagles won 85-73 in the first meeting at Paris, but led comfortably 50-33 at halftime in that game. Not to be outdone, Two Rivers at Danville will have a lot of say in the conference finish. If Danville wants to make a push for the 3-seed at district, they have to win on Tuesday. With both games against Charleston out of the way, they can gain some serious momentum on the back end of the conference slate.

There's no doubt over the most significant game at the end of the week. Lamar at Charleston will give the Tigers a chance for revenge and the Warriors a chance to make a major surge up the conference standings, especially if they can beat Paris on Tuesday as well. Last week, the Warriors led wire-to-wire and led by as much as 19 before a furious Charleston rally in the fourth quarter fell just short. Should be a good one.

ChucktownTiger

Lamar is tough at home. I see the Paris Lamar game being somewhere around a 2, 3, maybe 4 point game either way. I think Lamar has the ability and home court advantage to beat Paris. However if Paris comes in Hot, they're dangerous and would more than likely walk outta Lamar with the W. This one comes down to who wants it more. Charleston Lamar on Thursday night looks to be a great one. Not having King is gonna hurt us but I think Lynch, Lenny, Dalton, Rowland and the rest of the bench will be key from here on out I think the Tigers take care of Lamar at home. Hopefully we'll have extra security on hand. Always needed when Lamar comes to town! If Paris and Charleston take care of business this week And the early game next week. Then Feb 6th looks to be one for the History books. Good luck to all. O and TR over Danville. Get'em Get'em Tigers

Clara Allen

Is King the boy who hurt his knee at our place last week?  That was a nasty fall. Hopefully he will recover quickly.  I hate it when a kid gets injured.

#EagleStrong

Very interested in the games tonight. Couple of big rivalry games. Lamar had a strange week last week. Lost to Danville, turned around and upset Charleston, then struggled with Booneville. Daniel McCarley looked unstoppable against the Tigers, and mustered only six points against the Bearcats. Paris was a little shaky last week, getting limited guard play, relying instead on their front court to beat Two Rivers and Lavaca. Hampton had 29 points against the Gators, and their two power forwards combined for 27 against the Golden Arrows. It's hard to project what's going to happen in this one.

Danville lost to Charleston on Friday, but got a big victory against Lamar earlier in the week. Trusty is closing in on 2,000 career points. They can still make a play for the three-seed at district, but they have to beat Two Rivers tonight. Two Rivers led early against Paris on Tuesday, but had no answer for Hampton inside. They looked impressive, but turned around and had a nip-and-tuck game against Atkins on Friday. Morgan Yates had a big game, but the Gators were hardly impressive against a team that lost 30+ to Charleston and Paris. The last meeting between these two came down to the wire, with TR winning 71-66. Danville had the ball down 69-66 but turned it over, and the Gators converted for the final score. If Lamar beats Paris and Danville beats Two Rivers, then things start to get pretty muddy in the conference.

Clara Allen

BigMan15

How was the game from ur point of view i wasnt able to make it..

Clara Allen

mudd puddle

January 27, 2015, 09:33:14 pm #110 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:33:39 pm by mudd puddle
Quote from: BigMan15 on January 27, 2015, 09:24:25 pm

Girls game was a good game,  Boys game was Fantastic  from a Lamar  perspective  terrible from Paris  you know honestly there were missed calls all over the game on both sides of the court however  the calll of the game was huge  and I did not see what happened ref blocked my view  but  I know Paris was upset   I just hope it was  Right.   Ha great game Paris is very good.

Littlejohnfan65

Boys

Two Rivers 47
Danville     45

Girls

TR won in OT

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: mudd puddle on January 27, 2015, 09:33:14 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on January 27, 2015, 09:24:25 pm

Girls game was a good game,  Boys game was Fantastic  from a lane perspective  terrible from Paris  you know honestly there were missed calls all over the game on both sides of the court however  the calll of the game was huge  and I did not see what happened ref blocked my view  but  I know Paris was upset   I just hope it was  Right.   Ha great game Paris is very good.
i thought there were missed calls everywhere tonight.. But free throws were curcial and Paris missed some I don't think they normally missed and Lamar capitalized on it.. With seconds left Paris closed a 5 pt gap and it could have gone either way.. Fantasic game and effort for those warriors... They are a different team.

#EagleStrong

15-4 foul count in the second half. With the score tied 55-55, a ref called a questionable foul away from the ball to let Lamar go to the line and shoot free throws to win it. Poorly officiated to the point that I though the outcome of the game was affected. But I'm biased so take that for what you will.

I will say that Lamar is improving vastly. Blake Kern looks like the best center in the league right now. After losing Jones and Chenault from last year's team, I didn't think they'd have the front court to be a serious contender. But their front court looks better than last year now, and their guard play is looking better too. They still have depth issues and can't really go more than six deep, but it's a solid, solid six. They look more complete than Danville or Two Rivers, which is strange since those two did what Charleston and Paris couldn't. I'm not sure what they're going to be able to do on a neutral court though.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 27, 2015, 11:30:00 pm
15-4 foul count in the second half. With the score tied 55-55, a ref called a questionable foul away from the ball to let Lamar go to the line and shoot free throws to win it. Poorly officiated to the point that I though the outcome of the game was affected. But I'm biased so take that for what you will.

I will say that Lamar is improving vastly. Blake Kern looks like the best center in the league right now. After losing Jones and Chenault from last year's team, I didn't think they'd have the front court to be a serious contender. But their front court looks better than last year now, and their guard play is looking better too. They still have depth issues and can't really go more than six deep, but it's a solid, solid six. They look more complete than Danville or Two Rivers, which is strange since those two did what Charleston and Paris couldn't. I'm not sure what they're going to be able to do on a neutral court though.
I think Lamar has found their chemistry and found it Danville.. I think they are just now starting their run and may surprise us all with a peak at the right time. I think they have been over looked by charleston and Paris. Lamar Warriors have found their game and I think they are just gonna keep getting stronger.. They have learned to finish!!! I think it's great that they are showing this much determination here on the second round of Confrence play. Fouls were pretty lopsided at Paris. Danville the fouls were very lopsided but the warriors never gave up. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out both boys and girls. Great Confrence.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: voodoo fastpitch on January 28, 2015, 12:20:57 am

I think Lamar has found their chemistry and found it Danville.. I think they are just now starting their run and may surprise us all with a peak at the right time. I think they have been over looked by charleston and Paris. Lamar Warriors have found their game and I think they are just gonna keep getting stronger.. They have learned to finish!!! I think it's great that they are showing this much determination here on the second round of Confrence play. Fouls were pretty lopsided at Paris. Danville the fouls were very lopsided but the warriors never gave up. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out both boys and girls. Great Confrence.

...The foul count was 15-11 at Paris...in favor of Lamar...

Sorry to call you out on that, I'm just still kind of burning from tonight's game. Regardless I think that Lamar looks so much better now than they did earlier in the season, especially on defense. 30 point difference from the game at Paris to tonight. And they've learned to play when McCarley isn't in the game, something that really hurt them earlier in the year. Kern looks awesome now, they finally have started to feed him more and it's paying off. They've still got a really good chance of climbing to the 3-seed if they keep this up. If they can get at least third at regionals and avoid playing ECS in the first round, they could make a bit of noise at state. They wouldn't go quietly against Mayflower (which we'll get to see ahead of time) or Cedar Ridge I assure you. They're a tough, tough team to play on a good night.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 28, 2015, 12:36:18 am
Quote from: voodoo fastpitch on January 28, 2015, 12:20:57 am

...The foul count was 15-11 at Paris...in favor of Lamar...

Sorry to call you out on that, I'm just still kind of burning from tonight's game. Regardless I think that Lamar looks so much better now than they did earlier in the season, especially on defense. 30 point difference from the game at Paris to tonight. And they've learned to play when McCarley isn't in the game, something that really hurt them earlier in the year. Kern looks awesome now, they finally have started to feed him more and it's paying off. They've still got a really good chance of climbing to the 3-seed if they keep this up. If they can get at least third at regionals and avoid playing ECS in the first round, they could make a bit of noise at state. They wouldn't go quietly against Mayflower (which we'll get to see ahead of time) or Cedar Ridge I assure you. They're a tough, tough team to play on a good night.
I was referring to to fouls on the girls game at Paris .. My bad should have made that clear..I don't know on the boys.. I did see the fouls.. The first half was close on fouls.. But there where fouls that were not called that should have been on both sides.. But Lamar also turned the ball over 4 times in about 4 min that Paris did not capitalize on and Lamar hands down out rebounded Paris. Lamar scored on Paris turnovers and hit some curcial free throws.. I know how you feel Paris we have felt it.. And it stinks.. But to sees at who has been struggling early in the season come together and start turning things around I have to say good job.. Now we may be in your shoes Thursday night going into charleston. These boys have owned their mistakes in the past and they are turning it around.. I think charleston and both Paris over looked them.. They have gained some repect after tonight and I for one am very proud of of them.. Their run may have ended tonight .. Who knows.. But i do know this any give. Team can be beat on any night. It's high school ball it's not 5 on 5 anymore.. Seems like one team always has to play 5 on 8 and I think Lamar has done it so much lately they have figured out how to win even when the momentum turns and it turned to night Paris had its run and I thought Paris was gonna pull away as usuall but Lamar stopped it. They are a different team I watched the. Change the night at Danville.. And they haven't looked back. I'm certainly not taking anything from Paris.. Those are outstanding basketball players and I predictited them to go deep in the state.. Just saying Lamar keeps this play up and they may be right there with them.. And they can do it with 6.. But they got a couple more on that bench that could help them I do believe when the time comes.

#EagleStrong

Yeah, the girls game at Paris was poorly officiated. As far as the girls though, we're not going to know until regions really. Sarah Shaw was sick during the game at Paris, and Lycia Peevy was sick last night for Paris. District is at Paris, so I don't trust that one either. Although I really don't think either one of us is going to beat Greenland, so whatever.

Clara Allen

I did stay for the entire girls game.  Yes, there were some missed calls on both sides.  I can say that the basketball officiating that I have seen all season has been consistent, and not in a good way.  Since I have an official in my family, I try hard not to verbally dog them during a game. And NO, my family member does not officiate basketball. IMO, there is too much "letting the kids play" and then when the game is almost out of hand, the whistle comes out.  Most of the time it's too late.  Case in point the Lamar-Charleston junior game last week.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 28, 2015, 10:34:44 am
I did stay for the entire girls game.  Yes, there were some missed calls on both sides.  I can say that the basketball officiating that I have seen all season has been consistent, and not in a good way.  Since I have an official in my family, I try hard not to verbally dog them during a game. And NO, my family member does not officiate basketball. IMO, there is too much "letting the kids play" and then when the game is almost out of hand, the whistle comes out.  Most of the time it's too late.  Case in point the Lamar-Charleston junior game last week.

Wasn't that like a 40 something to 16 game? I doubt the reffs had much to do with that outcome

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 28, 2015, 02:35:37 pm

Wasn't that like a 40 something to 16 game? I doubt the reffs had much to do with that outcome

Refs should let them play all game, be seen not heard :D...that's just my opinion...To many times it seems when the game is on the linethe refs seem to want to be the center of attention and affect the outcome of the game....My favorite is the foul call with .5 seconds to go and it's a 10 point game...What did you just prove calling a touch foul at that point?

Clara Allen

HF,  I'm not saying that the refs be the center of attention at all.  What I'm saying is that when there is little control by the refs the kids get hurt.  I have seen it several times this year.   But I am also a fan of a controlled game, not this street ball stuff that a lot of coaches thinks needs to happen. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 28, 2015, 10:09:01 pm
HF,  I'm not saying that the refs be the center of attention at all.  What I'm saying is that when there is little control by the refs the kids get hurt.  I have seen it several times this year.   But I am also a fan of a controlled game, not this street ball stuff that a lot of coaches thinks needs to happen. 

ah! I read it as they let them play the whole game, then try to reign it back in at the end of the game.....If it's getting to kids are getting hurt, then that isn't letting them play...That's you've lost control of the game.

On the other hand I hate, absolutely hate touch foul calls...if you can't hear an audible "skin on skin" contact I don't see how a foul was commited. Touching a finger after the ball has been released and both kids are in the air, and the shooter flopping like a fish to the floor is not a foul...(I've seen it this year multiple times...if you flop you should get a T in my opinion it's a disgrace to the game...)

#EagleStrong

The new rules as I understand them say that prolonged contact with one hand is a foul. Making contact twice with one hand, with either hand, is a foul. Contact with two hands at any time is an automatic foul. Can't say that I see it called that way, well, ever really, but that's supposedly what the rules say.

BigMan15

Clara Allen

Quote from: HF on January 28, 2015, 10:16:26 pm
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 28, 2015, 10:09:01 pm

ah! I read it as they let them play the whole game, then try to reign it back in at the end of the game.....If it's getting to kids are getting hurt, then that isn't letting them play...That's you've lost control of the game.

On the other hand I hate, absolutely hate touch foul calls...if you can't hear an audible "skin on skin" contact I don't see how a foul was commited. Touching a finger after the ball has been released and both kids are in the air, and the shooter flopping like a fish to the floor is not a foul...(I've seen it this year multiple times...if you flop you should get a T in my opinion it's a disgrace

HF, I agree.  Wave at you fouls are silly as are the fish flopping foul performances!
Having raised a basketball player, I never want to see one get hurt because the game gets out of control.  When it is allowed to get out of control on the court, then it overflows into the stands.  That is no fun for anybody!
It's a fine line that the officiating I've seen all season has flirted with.   

1-Adam-12

FYI Booneville @ Danville is now today. Per a text message I received from a coach.

fbisgreat

1-Adam-12

January 29, 2015, 07:58:06 pm #128 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:23:44 pm by 1-Adam-12
Danville 52 Booneville 36 girls. Booneville improving. Just can't get over the hump yet.

Hope #3 for Danville's girls isn't seriously hurt. Went down in 3rd qtr.  She's a good hand.

Danville boys win easily. 56-25.

#EagleStrong

Lamar at Two Rivers is the headliner on Tuesday. Lamar is making a late surge, but they have to win on Tuesday to have any realistic chance of getting out of fourth place. A loss would be their fifth in conference and would guarantee Two Rivers the tie-breaker. Also, keep on eye on Danville at Paris. Potential upset if Paris looks past the Little Johns.

Game of the week would be Thursday's Paris-Charleston tilt at Charleston. The game has lost some of its shine with both teams getting upset at Lamar, but it will still go a long way in deciding the conference champion. Both teams need to reestablish themselves after an underwhelming couple of weeks and gain some momentum heading into the postseason.

-Painted Fan-

-Painted Fan-

February 3rd also has Mansfield @ Charleston in a non-conference game.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 01, 2015, 02:53:12 pm
Paris @ Charleston is Friday.

God I keep saying Thursday, I don'y know why, thanks.

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 01, 2015, 04:51:48 pm
February 3rd also has Mansfield @ Charleston in a non-conference game.

I've only been putting conference games on here, but that one will give some indication of what regionals will look like. I believe Mansfield is right in the middle of that scrum in the 3A-1W. It will probably get pretty ugly though; I don't think Mansfield can really hang with Charleston at all.

#EagleStrong

The top three teams in the conference are decided: Charleston, Paris, and Two Rivers. Only is order is left to be determined. Lamar's loss at Two Rivers means they can't do any better than fourth since Two Rivers and Paris both hold the tiebreaker against the Warriors. That means we'll see Lamar and Danville play in the #4 vs. #5 game in the district tournament at Paris with a trip to the regional tournament on the line.

Longfellow

If Two Rivers, Paris, or Charleston wins out, they win the conference. If Two Rivers beats Paris by 10 or more, and Paris beats Charleston, Two Rivers gets the 1st seed.

Clara Allen

February 04, 2015, 06:02:10 am #135 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:04:04 am by warriorsforever2
I've heard via social media that it got ugly at Two Rivers last night.   What happened?
PM me if it will start a bunch of drama.  I've heard a couple versions from our side, would like to know the other.

#EagleStrong

I'd just like to say that even though Paris swept Danville during the regular season, I still have a lot of respect for the Little Johns and Lady Little Johns. They have a pair of very pleasant and respectable coaches. Paris may have had their number this year, but they've fought tough and hung with every other team in this conference. They line up against teams that are bigger and more physical and often more athletic than they are, but they play with so much heart and smarts that they make it a game just about every night. I think everyone in this conference is ready to see Jay Trusty graduate, and I mean that as a compliment. 2,000 points is a tremendous accomplishment, and I wish he and the rest of his team the best of luck in all their future endeavors.

Littlejohnfan65

I appreciate the nice comments EagleStong. We do come into most every game out matched.  Paris just not a good match up for us.  Your boys play well together.  Good luck the rest of the season.

CincyGuyintheFort

February 04, 2015, 01:07:30 pm #138 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:17:18 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
Stats and Results from BOYS Danville @ Paris (2/3)

Danville     12     16     14      18       60

Paris          19     23     22      23       87

PARIS                     DANVILLE

FG                  32/60 (53%)    20/51(39%)

3FG                  9/16 (56%)     8/24(33%)

FT                   10/18 (55%)     8/15(53%)

REB                    35                         23

AST                    15                          9

STL                     9                           8

#23 B. Fenner(phs)  24pt.(4/7 3FG) 7ast. 6reb.
#5  M. Fitzgaels(phs)  14pt. (6/8 FG)
#11 G. Hampton(phs) 12pt. 7reb.

#12 Trusty(dhs) 28pt. (11/17 FG) 8reb.

I finally got a reliable, fast stat tracker app. Its pretty cool

Longfellow

Basketball13

Quote from: HF on January 28, 2015, 09:38:26 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 28, 2015, 02:35:37 pm

Refs should let them play all game, be seen not heard :D...that's just my opinion...To many times it seems when the game is on the linethe refs seem to want to be the center of attention and affect the outcome of the game....My favorite is the foul call with .5 seconds to go and it's a 10 point game...What did you just prove calling a touch foul at that point?

How would you know it was a touch foul? Referees are supposed to call the game from beginning to end right? So if the foul happens it needs to be called whether there is 5 minutes or .5 seconds.

1-Adam-12

EagleStrong, check your DMs for a couple of scores.

1-Adam-12

Booneville girls break through to the win column tonight 51-50 over Charleston.  First win since November 2013.
Charleston boys win 66-38.

BigMan15

1-Adam-12

No.  Charleston had several out hurt including the girl you mentioned.  She had hit I think 5 3's when Charleston won earlier in the season.

That can take nothing away from what Booneville was able to do.  Shot 53% from the field and hit 7/12 3's. 

It's only one win, but it came on Senior Night.  And it's something to build on.

Clara Allen

Lamar sweeps Danville.
Girls was a 30+ win
Boys game went into overtime, with the Warriors hitting 10/10 free throws in the overtime period.  Think it was a nine point win.
Killough high point for Lamar, and Cathey was a beast for Danville- 30+ points

Littlejohnfan65

Lamar 78
Danville 69  OT

DHS
Trusty 32
Cathey 18

#EagleStrong

The Charleston Tigers and Lamar Lady Warriors have clinched conference championships. Congratulations to both teams.

WPWells

Those were the two I projected as preseason favorites. Congratulations to both teams!

Longfellow

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas