• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BigMan15, October 11, 2014, 02:40:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneers

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 06, 2014, 09:39:14 am
Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 06, 2014, 09:25:22 am
Quote from: Radiotalker on December 06, 2014, 09:20:30 am
Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 06, 2014, 09:16:38 am
And when was CR put on probation because of its fans? I've been following that program for years and don't remember that at all.

Didn't say CR

My mistake. I was skimming before my coffee.;)

I will say, I've done my fair share of yelling at refs, but to be a grown woman yelling to knock a 16 year old kid's shoulder out of socket (which I heard for myself not just from this board) crosses a line.

Look, I wasn't there and if what you say happened happened then it wasn't right. I know fans over here can be very passionate and sometimes feel they are "cheated ", then frustration leads to say something you may regret later. I'm sure there was no malice intended.

CR has a great team and program bad it's fun to watch the Reeves kid play. We think we play some basketball over here too.

Good luck the rest of the year, and maybe we get to play y'all a few more times this year.

There is not excuse for what they did last night. You are an adult you set the example for the kids around you and what they did was unacceptable. I can see why kids do what they do know if they grow up seeing their parents do this.

My school put on probation for fans please enlighten me on this because it's the first that I have heard about it.

neds

Quote from: jr17 on December 05, 2014, 09:17:31 pm
Off topic. But MF finally starts to play good basketball and pulls off an OT nail biter against Pulaski Robinson. (Have yet to have all starters play together.)

True a good win for Mayflower

WPWells

December 06, 2014, 09:58:10 am #102 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:59:51 am by 12th Man CHS
If Will.I.Am doesn't start one soon, 12th Man will take over the top 10 poll for the season. Here's 12th Man's at this point:

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge

Those three can go in any order in 12th Man's opinion (ECS ahead of Charleston though since they have the head to head from last year)

4. Osceola
5. Mayflower
6. McGehee
7. Paris
8. Prescott
9. Flippin
10. Valley Springs

Comments are welcome

neds

Boys Top 10 - at this point in time

Cedar Ridge
Charleston
McGehee
Osceola
ECS
West Fork
BHG
Mayflower
Harding Academy
Valley Springs

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on December 06, 2014, 10:05:21 am
Boys Top 10 - at this point in time

Cedar Ridge
Charleston
McGehee
Osceola
ECS
West Fork
BHG
Mayflower
Harding Academy
Valley Springs

Ned's not disagreeing , but curious about your choice of McGehee at #3.
They always seem to be there but you don't hear much about them until the post season

jr17

Robinson was decent. Very athletic. Would be a top 10 3A team. Mayflower rebounding is suffering due to their big man not playing since the football players have been down. Was told he was good to go next week though.

neds

Radiotalker I think any poll at this point is purely opinion and I would analogize this with the bowl championship poll the first week it was released. Truly a point in time mixed with opinion. I do think it will be pretty much be these same 10 teams at the end, just in a different order. Maybe Paris or another 1 or 2 teams make a splash that no one expects.
I am ready to get it going!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: doubled on December 06, 2014, 09:20:42 am
Screaming at the ref's is a completely different subject.  Telling kid to hurt another kid is just wrong.

Some people just have no class, , it's sad, and people wonder where the kids morals are, if it's not taught at home then where are they supposed to learn it from

WPWells

Bergman1820

I agree that Flippin and Valley Springs should be on the list. Not exactly sure how much separates them, but after the 15th when they meet I'll have a better opinion. I don't see many other teams so I don't have enough knowledge to create a top 10.

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2014, 09:58:10 am
If Will.I.Am doesn't start one soon, 12th Man will take over the top 10 poll for the season. Here's 12th Man's at this point:

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
Those three can go in any order in 12th Man's opinion (ECS ahead of Charleston though since they have the head to head from last year)

4. Osceola
5. Mayflower
6. McGehee
7. Paris
8. Prescott
9. Flippin
10. Valley Springs

Comments are welcome
This maybe a first but I agree 100%

TheHardTruth

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2014, 09:58:10 am

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge

4. Osceola
5. Mayflower
6. McGehee
7. Paris
8. Prescott
9. Flippin
10. Valley Springs

Comments are welcome

Solid list. You have to start with ECS and Charleston, no-brainer there. With the win over Osceola, Cedar Ridge belongs in that three-spot, and I still feel Osceola deserves to sit at #4.

After that I think there is a bit of a gap, and there are several teams in contention to round out the top ten. Mayflower gives you a lot of athleticism even without J.P. Perry, and McGehee is a solid squad for sure. Paris has to be the most improved team in the state. Prescott, Flippin, and Valley Springs all deserve talk too. BHG replaces a lot, including their coach, but they're definitely in the conversation. West Fork finished strong last year, but I'm still not sold on them as a legit contender. Weak conference though, so they'll win a lot of games. Lamar is pretty salty too, but lack depth.

But let's be honest- ECS, Charleston, Cedar Ridge, and Osceola: Can you really see anyone else legitimately contending for a state title? Lot of season left, and anything can happen, but right now I think you have to say no.

pioneers

Appears to be that Cedar ridge will be without Austin reaves tonight as he walks into the gym without a bag. That will make the jonesboro game that much harder for Cedar ridge but that will also give other players valuable playing time and experience having to beat a tough defense in jonesboro.

TheHardTruth

So long as he gets back to 100% that may only help them. If they get more well-rounded they can make a deep state run. ECS and Chucktown will be tough, but I'd favor them above anyone else.

notsperry

Quote from: pioneers on December 06, 2014, 03:30:54 pm
Appears to be that Cedar ridge will be without Austin reaves tonight as he walks into the gym without a bag. That will make the jonesboro game that much harder for Cedar ridge but that will also give other players valuable playing time and experience having to beat a tough defense in jonesboro.

His shoulder issue does not sound like one that will heal itself. If it is his labrum then the usual route is surgery or major rest with intense physical therapy. I would worry on whether you have him for the entire year.

TheGovernor

You guys are leaving out Benton Harmony Grove... Def top 10 team

notsperry

A poster from earlier had them at 7

tacomeat

Hate that for him - would've been good experience & hopefully the issue wont dog him all year, but probably wouldn't effect the outcome except the size of the final margin for JBO. They're most likely the best team in AR this year again.

Timberwolf08

Cedar Ridge is only down by 7 at half against the Hurricane. Without Reaves playing.

Timberwolf08

Quote from: tacomeat on December 06, 2014, 04:10:04 pm

Hate that for him - would've been good experience & hopefully the issue wont dog him all year, but probably wouldn't effect the outcome except the size of the final margin for JBO. They're most likely the best team in AR this year again.

Austin played all last season with his other shoulder in and out every few games. Especially in the state tournament. I hope he's not looking at another shoulder surgery.

Batman44

Such a shame about Austin. Wish him the very best.

doubled

CR lost by 30 but Jonesboro didn't have a foul called on them until 4min left in game. It was so bad someone in the crowd started blown their rape whistle.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 06, 2014, 06:56:44 pm

Austin played all last season with his other shoulder in and out every few games. Especially in the state tournament. I hope he's not looking at another shoulder surgery.

How did the injury occur?

pioneers

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 06, 2014, 08:09:21 pm
Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 06, 2014, 06:56:44 pm

How did the injury occur?

He was going up for a layup and got a little push from behind and went shoulder first into the post that holds up the goals at jhs.

jr17

I'm not so sure about HG. They lost the big guy. I don't remember their Jr high team being too kid. I know the Wilks kid is talented but other than that I don't remember anything outstadning.

TheHardTruth

Paris lost to a 1A team tonight. I'd take them out of my top ten. Replace them with West Fork or BHG depending on how they play out.

WPWells

12th Man was going to replace them with BHG

TheHardTruth

I'd have to agree with you 12th Man. Paris is still a lot better than they were last year, they just aren't a top ten team right now. BHG belongs there.

Timberwolf08

Can yall tell me a little about the other teams? Obviously I know about CR...and ECS from watching last year, but I would love to hear more about the other teams on your lists since we're new to 3A

WPWells

Charleston - Runner-up to ECS last year. Best player (IMO) in the 3A (Matthew Ward)

Osceola - Extremely athletic team from northeast Arkansas

Mayflower - Powerhouse, likely second to ECS in that region. Could be hurt by the loss of J.P. Perry, their star guard, who transferred to Southwest Christian Academy

McGehee - The class of region 4 since moving down. Undefeated until state semifinals last year when they lost to ECS

Paris - Not very good last year but much improved this year. Picked up a solid transfer from Charleston

Prescott - The only other team from the south worth mentioning honestly

Flippin - Returns a solid core from a good team last year

Valley Springs - Lost a lot to graduation but has some good wins so far this year. Looks like they reloaded to some extent

Benton Harmony Grove - State semi finalist last year (fell to Charleston). Lost quite a bit, but also have some impressive wins so far

Timberwolf08

Thanks, 12th man. I appreciate it.

ricepig

Quote from: doubled on December 06, 2014, 08:08:32 pm
CR lost by 30 but Jonesboro didn't have a foul called on them until 4min left in game. It was so bad someone in the crowd started blown their rape whistle.

That's what happens when you don't foul, lol.

BoxNOne

BoxNOne

Referee's these days think they are doing a good job if they don't call anything. The rule book doesn't matter anymore. Over the back calls, three seconds in the lane and illegal screens have gone the way of the dinosaur. It has come down to which team can maul the other team the most. Proper
Positioning and technique don't matter much anymore IMO.

doubled

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2014, 07:56:33 am
that's what happens when u play in Jonesboro. You don't want to know what I really think about Jonesboro and the people there. The most disrespectful kids and administration I've ever seen from the super to there coach. Not the ball players.

doubled

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 07, 2014, 08:17:16 am
your right on the money.

Referee's these days think they are doing a good job if they don't call anything. The rule book doesn't matter anymore. Over the back calls, three seconds in the lane and illegal screens have gone the way of the dinosaur. It has come down to which team can maul the other team the most. Proper
Positioning and technique don't matter much anymore IMO.

Radiotalker

Classy

BigMan15

My Top Ten
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
2. Charleston
4. Mayflower
5. Oscoela
6.Mcgehee
7. West Fork
8. Valley Springs
9. Flippin
10. Prescott

Paris just outside along with bhg...paris has a tough schedule coming up...Roland, County Line, and Alma after those will tell me where they are..

ricepig

December 07, 2014, 09:07:59 am #138 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:11:27 am by ricepig
Quote from: doubled on December 07, 2014, 08:57:36 am
that's what happens when u play in Jonesboro. You don't want to know what I really think about Jonesboro and the people there. The most disrespectful kids and administration I've ever seen from the super to there coach. Not the ball players.

Usually someone that gets the clock run on them doesn't have nice things to say, lol. You might benefit from the "super", she could direct you to one of our fine English department teachers to help you with the proper use of "their" and "there".

doubled

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2014, 09:07:59 am

Usually someone that gets the clock run on them doesn't have nice things to say, lol. You might benefit from the "super", she could direct you to one of our fine English department teachers to help you with the proper use of "their" and "there".
maybe I can meet u somewhere and u can teach me English ricepig.

doubled

Quote from: doubled on December 07, 2014, 09:17:00 am

how about cregeen's are the Brickhouse I like a good meal before someone starts learning me something.

BoxNOne

According to the latest enrollment figures from AAA, Jonesboro has over five times the students of Cedar Ridge. I don't think I would brag about clocking someone with 900 fewer students in grades 9-12 especially when they didn't have "their" best player.

doubled

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 07, 2014, 09:25:25 am
According to the latest enrollment figures from AAA, Jonesboro has over five times the students of Cedar Ridge. I don't think I would brag about clocking someone with 900 fewer students in grades 9-12 especially when they didn't have "their" best player.
the clock started running with 1 min left in the game and no starters in.

ricepig

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 07, 2014, 09:25:25 am

I just get tired of the, "we don't get any calls" crap. I wasn't there last night, but if any of the same group I saw call the finals that had been there all week, they were equally horrible, no matter the team. As far as fewer students, we've been beat by schools in the past, some 2A schools, I'm pretty sure.

ricepig

Quote from: doubled on December 07, 2014, 09:22:19 am

how about cregeen's are the Brickhouse I like a good meal before someone starts learning me something.

I'd probably prefer Skinny J's, but I don't miss a good meal when someone's buying.

doubled

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2014, 09:41:13 am

I'd probably prefer Skinny J's, but I don't miss a good meal when someone's buying.
Skinny's will work for me they have a darn good steak and sure I will buy it's the least I can do.

doubled

Quote from: doubled on December 07, 2014, 09:51:33 am

Skinny's will work for me they have a darn good steak and sure I will buy it's the least I can do.
wait I know maybe I can take you duck hunting I know some really good pits around there or maybe we can meet in the burger king parking lot like we did back in the old days when I wanted to get a English lesson.

neds

I think the refs are a lot like the teams, they are rusty too.

ricepig

Quote from: doubled on December 07, 2014, 09:58:09 am

wait I know maybe I can take you duck hunting I know some really good pits around there or maybe we can meet in the burger king parking lot like we did back in the old days when I wanted to get a English lesson.

I've got the pits, or flooded woods covered, but appreciate the offer.

doubled

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2014, 10:09:34 am
Quote from: doubled on December 07, 2014, 09:58:09 am

I've got the pits, or flooded woods covered, but appreciate the offer.
ricepig was a dead giveaway that u were a farmer. U need to be more creative maybe u should take some lessons from budrow.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas