• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Regionals

Started by neds, February 17, 2013, 09:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2013, 08:18:12 pm
Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 08:07:48 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2013, 06:58:40 pm
How will the Jacson girl from Rivercrest be back next year?

she's a jr.
I wouldnt think basketball would be or should be very high on her priority list. JMO

And Why not?

luxora4life

#3 Manila over #2 Valley Spring (girls)
#3 Manila over #2 Melbourne (boys)

neds

I think the state champ will come out of Region 2

luxora4life

Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 08:21:51 pm

she's a jr.
I wouldnt think basketball would be or should be very high on her priority list. JMO

And Why not?

Don't answer that, Forget I asked.

luxora4life

Quote from: neds on February 18, 2013, 08:25:52 pm

Boys or Girls?

Will.I.Am.

I think the State Champ will come from 2 or 3. Harding Academy, ECS, Osceola, MV. Hoxie, Earle, Jessieville--all of them could. I believe Cedarville or Charleston from 1 could make some noise. McGehee or Drew Central from 4.

My bet is the winner of 2 and actually the 2nd place team from 3 meet in the state finals.

ISU7

February 18, 2013, 09:54:20 pm #56 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:26:41 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 18, 2013, 02:15:40 pm
Quote from: ManilaIce on February 18, 2013, 02:08:49 pm
It's as wide open as ever on the boys side, especially below Mtn View.  And like you alluded to, we better try to take advantage of VS being young.  By the way, Manila girls return 4 starters next season to a defending conference championship team.

I didn't know that about Manila's girls. Could be them and Valley next year as the teams to beat.
I love how Manila loves to put their teams top notch,both #1 seeds in district tourney, but go in to Regionals #3 seed with Hoxie boys, and RC girls winning the tourney. RC girls returns 4 starters, plus their leading rebounder, and 2nd leading scorer from a year ago Jackson schedule too returned. Remember Manila only beat RC by 1pt at Manila in OT, on a ft with a foul called on RC with 9 tenths of a second left in a tie game. So go ahead leave the Colts out, it's not Manila that has been winning the tourneys the last year, and this year, but yet they wanna be the superior. Team. Btw the lady Colts won conf, conf tourney, and regionals, last season, follow that up with conf runner-up, and tourney champs this season,  to the Lions one trophy. But the Lions thinks it's all about them. RC  let their playing do the talking,..Good luck in the regionals too all teams.

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 08:26:15 pm

she's a jr.

And Why not?

Manila seems too be like West Fork, just the perfect team never do nothing wrong, but never win the big game, just alot if talk about their super teams. I think you hoping Jackson dont return. Btw she has a family, and friends that loves her. She will be just fine.

MA

Quote from: ISU7 on February 18, 2013, 10:12:40 pm
Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 08:26:15 pm

she's a jr.

And Why not?

Manila seems too be like West Fork, just the perfect team never do nothing wrong, but never win the big game, just alot if talk about their super teams. I think you hoping Jackson dont return. Btw she has a family, and friends that loves her. She will be just fine.

Why are you throwing West Fork into this? Define win the big game..... the 3-3A and region 3 are sposed to be the best ever. Manilla was sposed to beat us. WF smashed them. Earle was spsoed to beat us. Won by 8. Then in the finals our two best player make a combined 7 shots, the best PG in the state plays 10 total minutes due to fouls and WF still has a fourth qtr lead. Then MV gets the 2 seed last year and WF wasn't sposed to win... 3seed over the 2 seed from "the beast from the East" 

3-1 in recent history. Keep talking. I literally haven't even posted anything about WF this whole season other than an occasional score. I admit I've gone overboard in the past but don't hold that over me now.

Head Lion

ISU7, It doesn't matter to me. Talking about Manila never winning the big one, the Lady Colts had as much talent as anyone in the state last year bar none! I don't remember seeing them at Hot Springs???

ISU7

There you go just wanted you too show up, lol, and about that best pg in the state deal, hmmmmm. Anyway, youre right about rocking super power Manila, and beating Earle, but you're 0-2 vs the Crest, 0-3 if you count football. 8) Good luck in the regionals.

Head Lion

Thanks ISU7, good luck to y'all. I will be wearing my lucky Cub hat, it always comes through. Lol

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2013, 10:45:37 pm
ISU7, It doesn't matter to me. Talking about Manila never winning the big one, the Lady Colts had as much talent as anyone in the state last year bar none! I don't remember seeing them at Hot Springs???
Lol neither were the Lady Lions. HL you know thats board is to talk trash and Imma do just that, but you know when you see me we shake hands and have a few laughs, even if we both frontin' lol..Good luck to Manila, hopefully we see each other friday @ 7p

ManilaIce

Quote from: ISU7 on February 18, 2013, 09:54:20 pm
Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 18, 2013, 02:15:40 pm
Quote from: ManilaIce on February 18, 2013, 02:08:49 pm
It's as wide open as ever on the boys side, especially below Mtn View.  And like you alluded to, we better try to take advantage of VS being young.  By the way, Manila girls return 4 starters next season to a defending conference championship team.

I didn't know that about Manila's girls. Could be them and Valley next year as the teams to beat.
I love how Manila loves to put their teams top notch,both #1 seeds in district tourney, but go in to Regionals #3 seed with Hoxie boys, and RC girls winning the tourney. RC girls returns 4 starters, plus their leading rebounder, and 2nd leading scorer from a year ago Jackson schedule too returned. Remember Manila only beat RC by 1pt at Manila in OT, on a ft with a foul called on RC with 9 tenths of a second left in a tie game. So go ahead leave the Colts out, it's not Manila that has been winning the tourneys the last year, and this year, but yet they wanna be the superior. Team. Btw the lady Colts won conf, conf tourney, and regionals, last season, follow that up with conf runner-up, and tourney champs this season,  to the Lions one trophy. But the Lions thinks it's all about them. RC  let their playing do the talking,..Good luck in the regionals too all teams.
I'm beginning to think you have an inferiority complex.  I mention in passing that we have 4 starters returning to our girls team and its like I should have been drawn and quartered.  It's just a fact.  I didn't say we were gonna roll through the mighty Crest next season on our way to some glorious title.  Are you gonna take that foul call with nine tenths left to your grave?  Let it go.

MA

Quote from: ISU7 on February 18, 2013, 10:52:01 pm
There you go just wanted you too show up, lol, and about that best pg in the state deal, hmmmmm. Anyway, youre right about rocking super power Manila, and beating Earle, but you're 0-2 vs the Crest, 0-3 if you count football. 8) Good luck in the regionals.

800 points and 500 assists and 250 steals is 2 seasons. 4.4 speed. 5'8 and could occasionally throw one down.  Find me a better one in the 3A. I'm talking true PG. I wont even argue lol you tell me one that compares and we will leave it at that.

I'm a 3-3A and region 3 fan. Good luck to all teams. Stay healthy.

Pit Bull

All of you all need to step your BBall game up and gather some hardware, if you're not getting hardware why are you bringing up the past. Hardware is a data point...

Will.I.Am.

I can't gather any hardware. I've exhausted all my eligibility.

chuckBB

We all think our players are the best there is which shows a true support of our high school teams and any team will be proud to have such strong supporters while they do their best.  I think high school basketball games are more than a ball game but all combinations of team work, skills, heart, and the people who believes in them.  May all basketball players count their blessings because they are all loved and fully supported.

Whether there is data or ranking, I expect true support from our fans to give everything we have by keep encouraging them and make them think they can do anything.  I love high school basketball and glad to be alive to support our kids.

Go Charleston Tigers.  I believe in you and I am sending my best wishes to you.  You are most incredible group of young men.  You are loved by community, parents, and coaches.

jmtbasketball

Quote from: chuckBB on February 19, 2013, 08:16:05 am
We all think our players are the best there is which shows a true support of our high school teams and any team will be proud to have such strong supporters while they do their best.  I think high school basketball games are more than a ball game but all combinations of team work, skills, heart, and the people who believes in them.  May all basketball players count their blessings because they are all loved and fully supported.

Whether there is data or ranking, I expect true support from our fans to give everything we have by keep encouraging them and make them think they can do anything.  I love high school basketball and glad to be alive to support our kids.

Go Charleston Tigers.  I believe in you and I am sending my best wishes to you.  You are most incredible group of young men.  You are loved by community, parents, and coaches.

Great job Chuck! Well said.

Will.I.Am.

Everybody interested in Region 3 throw out some predictions for the first round:

Sr. Boys
Mountain View over Osceola in a great game
Earle over Bergman in a rematch of earlier this year, same result
Hoxie over Valley Springs--Two great shooters duke it out, but Hoxie has more pieces around the great shooter
Melbourne over Manila--Melbourne is hot at the right time, Manila isn't. If McLaughlin goes off and has just a little help around him, I think Melbourne wins

Sr. Girls
Mountain View over Corning--MV hasn't lost since December 11, takes care of business against the 4 seed
Bergman over Earle--Coach Howard gets T'ed up at the end, Earles makes free throws to cut it to 1 but can't pull it out at the end
Rivercrest over Flippin-Brown and Co. too much for Flippin
Valley Springs over Manila--Young Valley team does just enough to pull out the first round win, secure state berth

rwilcox

This group of seniors Girls for Mountain View has a record of 160 to 170  + wins since 7th grade to 11 losses. They have probably the greatest winning percentage of any Mtn View team in its history, girls or boys, including 1 State Championship already.  The Boys have stolen some of the spotlight this year because they have not lost yet, but both of these teams have won probably more conference titles then any MV teams of the past.  Girls won it as 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and seniors were co-champs with Vly Springs.  Boys won it 7th, 8th, 9th, seniors & 11th as co-champs w/Bergman.  Came in 2nd as Sophmores to Valley Springs.  They have both rewritten the history books for MV Basketball.  I have watched both of these groups since they were in the 4th grade and it has been real joy to watch them. 
Go Jackets!!!

Bergman1820

My predictions for Day 1:

3A-3 at Hoxie:

4:00 Mt.View vs Corning (girls)
5:30 Mt.View vs Osceola (boys)
7:00 Rivercrest vs Flippin (girls)
8:30 Hoxie vs Valley Springs (boys) Yep I am a Valley Springs fan.

Will.I.Am.

Quote from: vstigerz on February 19, 2013, 10:52:19 am

3A-3 at Hoxie:

You are for sure a Valley Springs fan. How many do you think Tennison will have to score for VS to win?

Bergman1820

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 19, 2013, 11:42:05 am

3A-3 at Hoxie:

You are for sure a Valley Springs fan. How many do you think Tennison will have to score for VS to win?

Tennison will have to score 30. Harness 12-18. But they will need help from the rest of the team. Alsup will have to take those open shots he gets when down around the basket instead of pass it back out. Streur will have to take those sweet 3's he took vs Marshall. Not like it was vs Melbourne when he didnt take them. Most of all though they will have to play better defense than they did vs Melbourne. #34 scored many times easy jump stop type shots down by the basket most of the game. I think they can do it though. They have played some good games and they just need to put a complete game together. No better time to do that then right now.

NEark tigers

Quote from: neds on February 18, 2013, 08:25:52 pm

As always..........WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the past three years, the state and world champions have came out of Region 3!!!!

Good luck to all 3-3A and 1East-3A teams in this weeks games.

luxora4life

Quote from: vstigerz on February 19, 2013, 12:41:05 pm

3A-3 at Hoxie:

Tennison will have to score 30. Harness 12-18. But they will need help from the rest of the team. Alsup will have to take those open shots he gets when down around the basket instead of pass it back out. Streur will have to take those sweet 3's he took vs Marshall. Not like it was vs Melbourne when he didnt take them. Most of all though they will have to play better defense than they did vs Melbourne. #34 scored many times easy jump stop type shots down by the basket most of the game. I think they can do it though. They have played some good games and they just need to put a complete game together. No better time to do that then right now.

Has Valley opening things up on offense?  42-48 pts between two players?  If so, they will be playing right into what I think is Manila strength , 94ft of basketball.

Bergman1820

Quote from: luxora4life on February 19, 2013, 02:12:41 pm

3A-3 at Hoxie:

Has Valley opening things up on offense?  42-48 pts between two players?  If so, they will be playing right into what I think is Manila strength , 94ft of basketball.

I'm talking about the boys. They are playing Hoxie.

luxora4life

Quote from: vstigerz on February 19, 2013, 02:24:13 pm
Quote from: luxora4life on February 19, 2013, 02:12:41 pm

3A-3 at Hoxie:

I'm talking about the boys. They are playing Hoxie.

Oh, Ok.  But still, they may want to slow it down against Hoxie too.  Hoxie can really score.  I think they had 90+ game against Rivercrest this season.

neds

Nark you continue to impress me after all these years , to use the :10 of computer time that the warden gives you to correspond on Fearless is well - admirable.

baller334

Osceola over Mtn VIew-too much speed and atheleticism
Mtn View over Corning-not even close
Rivercrest over Flippin-too much speed and defense
Hoxie over Valley-Hoxie is hot and on home floor

Cant wait to b there!!!

MA

Mountain View over Osceola by 15. Closer than that but MT View makes its free throws and Osceola gets into Foul trouble in the fourth.

wildcat024

Predictions on region 1?

MA

neds

Quote from: wildcat024 on February 19, 2013, 06:15:26 pm
Predictions on region 1?

Boys - Charleston, Cedarville, West Fork , Mansfield

WPWells

akbballer

Head Lion

Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 05:09:04 pm
Mountain View over Osceola by 15. Closer than that but MT View makes its free throws and Osceola gets into Foul trouble in the fourth.
Can I get a little action on that?

neds

WPWells

Will.I.Am.

Quote from: neds on February 19, 2013, 06:20:25 pm
Predictions on region 1?

Think 1-3 could be in any order really. Depends on which team plays the hardest and has the best leader in pressure situations. I wouldn't be surprised to see WF win this region any more than Cedarville or Charleston winning it

neds

Region 4 is the 'sleeper regional' , no one is talking about this group of teams much less giving them respect. I have had two different people tell me that Drew Central or Centerpoint could be amongst the mix in the state tournament.
I can't confirm nor deny.

What say you region 4?

Will.I.Am.

McGehee has been ranked highly all year but nobody knows a thing about them. I think people write off Region 4

WPWells

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 19, 2013, 09:46:38 pm
Quote from: neds on February 19, 2013, 06:20:25 pm
Predictions on region 1?

Think 1-3 could be in any order really. Depends on which team plays the hardest and has the best leader in pressure situations. I wouldn't be surprised to see WF win this region any more than Cedarville or Charleston winning it

How much have you seen these teams??

neds

12th for myself not at all is the answer. My prediction is based on strength of schedule victories and timing of wins going into the regionals. Certainly not a science at this point as the margin between these teams doesn't appear to be much.
I can say that same thing for region 2 and I have watched those teams play a lot over the last several years, and much TY. Not much separation between them.

I do fear the weather setting us all back a day or two.

Busted

I have heard that bad weather is expected for NWA on Wednesday, with highs only reaching the (maybe) mid- 30's.
What about the rest of the state?
And what kind of effect will this have on the Regional games to be played on Wednesday?
Safe travels for all the teams and fans going to these games.

WPWells

Quote from: neds on February 19, 2013, 10:14:17 pm
12th for myself not at all is the answer. My prediction is based on strength of schedule victories and timing of wins going into the regionals. Certainly not a science at this point as the margin between these teams doesn't appear to be much.
I can say that same thing for region 2 and I have watched those teams play a lot over the last several years, and much TY. Not much separation between them.

That was more directed at Will.I.Am for saying he wouldn't be shocked to see West Fork win. I believe except for people from West Fork everyone else would be stunned

MA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2013, 10:35:58 pm

That was more directed at Will.I.Am for saying he wouldn't be shocked to see West Fork win. I believe except for people from West Fork everyone else would be stunned

Lol.....

WPWells

Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 10:42:06 pm

Lol.....

People OUTSIDE OF West Fork would be stunned. Don't believe you fall into that category

MA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2013, 10:43:44 pm
Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 10:42:06 pm

Lol.....

People OUTSIDE OF West Fork would be stunned. Don't believe you fall into that category

You're right. People should be stunned. WF isn't very good. The 3 teams that have beaten WF weren't very good. And WF just got lucky in the other 24 games. Got real lucky in 14 of them. The score keeper forgot to stop the clock in the 4th qtr. But everybody's luck runs out... darn.

NEark tigers

February 20, 2013, 12:34:55 am #99 Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:39:41 am by NEark tigers
Quote from: neds on February 19, 2013, 02:34:00 pm
Nark you continue to impress me after all these years , to use the :10 of computer time that the warden gives you to correspond on Fearless is well - admirable.

Nedy, seems to me that you're the one that continue to impress me with these
dumb-a@@ statements disrespecting the best basketball area of the state, THE MIGHTY NORTHEAST!!!!

7X WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

Home of the 7X WORLD CHAMPIONS, BULLDOG NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot, it is DAY 350 of our Championship Reign!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas