• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Regionals

Started by neds, February 17, 2013, 09:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 10:50:38 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2013, 10:43:44 pm
Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 10:42:06 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2013, 10:35:58 pm
Quote from: neds on February 19, 2013, 10:14:17 pm
12th for myself not at all is the answer. My prediction is based on strength of schedule victories and timing of wins going into the regionals. Certainly not a science at this point as the margin between these teams doesn't appear to be much.
I can say that same thing for region 2 and I have watched those teams play a lot over the last several years, and much TY. Not much separation between them.

I do fear the weather setting us all back a day or two.

That was more directed at Will.I.Am for saying he wouldn't be shocked to see West Fork win. I believe except for people from West Fork everyone else would be stunned

Lol.....

People OUTSIDE OF West Fork would be stunned. Don't believe you fall into that category

You're right. People should be stunned. WF isn't very good. The 3 teams that have beaten WF weren't very good. And WF just got lucky in the other 24 games. Got real lucky in 14 of them. The score keeper forgot to stop the clock in the 4th qtr. But everybody's luck runs out... darn.

When you lose to a team three times and that team is in the region then that should be a surprise

Will.I.Am.

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2013, 10:35:58 pm
Quote from: neds on February 19, 2013, 10:14:17 pm
12th for myself not at all is the answer. My prediction is based on strength of schedule victories and timing of wins going into the regionals. Certainly not a science at this point as the margin between these teams doesn't appear to be much.
I can say that same thing for region 2 and I have watched those teams play a lot over the last several years, and much TY. Not much separation between them.

I do fear the weather setting us all back a day or two.

That was more directed at Will.I.Am for saying he wouldn't be shocked to see West Fork win. I believe except for people from West Fork everyone else would be stunned

WF has 5 losses on the year. One to Farmington who is a top seeded team in a 4A region. One to Omaha which I don't really know what to say, they're a state caliber team in 1A so take that for its worth. The other 3 losses were to Cedarville, one in OT and one game lost by 4 or 5? Don't remember. Other loss to them wasn't as good. The thing is. WF could dodge Cedarville until finals of Region 1. They'd have to play Charleston to get to finals. I don't see how in a one game scenario you could rule out any of these 3 advancing. 

chuckBB

WF might have a chance with Charleston if our boys fall asleep during the game.

MA

Quote from: chuckBB on February 20, 2013, 10:54:10 am

I'm sure that will be the excuse.  ;D

chuckBB

WPWells

Quote from: krik6 on February 20, 2013, 11:06:14 am

Just like all your WF excuses ;)

MA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 20, 2013, 03:07:01 pm

Please find "my WF excuses" id like to see them.

WPWells

Quote from: krik6 on February 20, 2013, 03:12:36 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 20, 2013, 03:07:01 pm

Please find "my WF excuses" id like to see them.

I thought you were joking about our excuses so I thought I'd joke back

501Arkansas

Osceola over Mtn View good win Noles state bound

Head Lion

Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 05:09:04 pm
Mountain View over Osceola by 15. Closer than that but MT View makes its free throws and Osceola gets into Foul trouble in the fourth.
Krik, how much did we have on this game? I had you down for a dime, is that right?

MA

Quote from: Head Lion on February 20, 2013, 07:23:50 pm
Quote from: krik6 on February 19, 2013, 05:09:04 pm
Mountain View over Osceola by 15. Closer than that but MT View makes its free throws and Osceola gets into Foul trouble in the fourth.
Krik, how much did we have on this game? I had you down for a dime, is that right?

Lol the game went exactly the way I thought (judging on my friends were updating me) but I thought MV would have a 6-8 point lead late and Osceola would have to foul and MV would make their FTs. MV just couldn't get more than a 3 point lead down the stretch. Good win for the 3-3A

neds

In review of last nights games,
Osceola game gets the prize of biggest upset, deserved or not Mtn View was no. 1 nearly the entire season. The most impressive win yesterday may have been the 75-27 thrashing HA gave Benton HG. HA looks to be peaking at a great point in the season.

neds

Jessieville and HA boys all set for semi match @ Jessieville, the Village people will be rockin

Danny

jesyy boys beat rose bud easy
mayflower boys beat riverview easy
3 teams from 3A-5 heading to state for second year in a row.

neds

I wish Jessieville boys and girls the best for state, same to Mayflower after they beat ECS in boys play last night. That said , I think this is Hardings year in boys play.

I pull for the 3A 5 , but my head says Harding. I am sure the 3A 3 will have a thing or six to say about that prediction.

ManilaIce

Quote from: neds on February 23, 2013, 07:45:26 am
I wish Jessieville boys and girls the best for state, same to Mayflower after they beat ECS in boys play last night. That said , I think this is Hardings year in boys play.

I pull for the 3A 5 , but my head says Harding. I am sure the 3A 3 will have a thing or six to say about that prediction.
McGehee might have something to say about that as well.  They have flown under the radar really all season.

knightpride

I would agree with ManilaIce, McGhee will be tough.  I'll still be pulling for Centerpoint in state to pull off some upsets but McGhee and Drew Central boys will contend.   

neds

It will be very unpredictable and fun to watch at state.
Several teams that many don't know much about that could bring an upset.

Will.I.Am.

I wish I knew more about McGehee! I feel like if I had seen them play I could have a good gauge on the state finals game. I have to agree with neds, I believe this is Harding's year. Seen them play 3 different times, they're as good as I've seen. Osceola will play them close. The three teams I thought were all about even were HA, Osceola, and MV. Osceola and HA are going to have to meet before state finals though if they both take care of business in Regionals. That leaves in my opinion McGehee, the 2 seed out of Regioin 3, and the winner of Region 1 to fight it out for the other state final spot.

Based on what I've seen, I'm going with Harding. It's going to be a great state tournament though with a lot of parity this year.

WPWells

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 23, 2013, 11:10:56 am
I wish I knew more about McGehee! I feel like if I had seen them play I could have a good gauge on the state finals game. I have to agree with neds, I believe this is Harding's year. Seen them play 3 different times, they're as good as I've seen. Osceola will play them close. The three teams I thought were all about even were HA, Osceola, and MV. Osceola and HA are going to have to meet before state finals though if they both take care of business in Regionals. That leaves in my opinion McGehee, the 2 seed out of Regioin 3, and the winner of Region 1 to fight it out for the other state final spot.

Based on what I've seen, I'm going with Harding. It's going to be a great state tournament though with a lot of parity this year.

Have you seen Charleston?? What do you think of them??

Will.I.Am.

I haven't seen Charleston, as I've said before. However, I chose them to win Region 1 earlier in the year. I'll know after today what Charleston's all about. As I stated in my last post, Region 1 winner is going to have a good shot to make it to state finals.

Let's say Charleston wins Region 1:
-Round 1 they would get the 4th seed from Region 4 on Tuesday, I'll say Prescott for this scenario
-Quarterfinals they would get the 2 from 3 or the 3 from 2 on Friday, I'll say they get Hoxie or Jessieville for this scenario
-Semis they would get the 1 seed from 4 most likely, I'll say McGehee for this scenario

Have you seen any of those teams? What do you think of them?

WPWells

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 23, 2013, 11:26:15 am
I haven't seen Charleston, as I've said before. However, I chose them to win Region 1 earlier in the year. I'll know after today what Charleston's all about. As I stated in my last post, Region 1 winner is going to have a good shot to make it to state finals.

Let's say Charleston wins Region 1:
-Round 1 they would get the 4th seed from Region 4 on Tuesday, I'll say Prescott for this scenario
-Quarterfinals they would get the 2 from 3 or the 3 from 2 on Friday, I'll say they get Hoxie or Jessieville for this scenario
-Semis they would get the 1 seed from 4 most likely, I'll say McGehee for this scenario

Have you seen any of those teams? What do you think of them?

Haven't seen any of those teams but judging by what I've heard we have a pretty favorable draw. Obviously none of them are pushovers by any means but all are beatable

Will.I.Am.

Well the past few years Region 1 winner has advanced to the state title game. I cant remember who Earle Played in 2010

WPWells

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 23, 2013, 11:36:45 am
Well the past few years Region 1 winner has advanced to the state title game. I cant remember who Earle Played in 2010

Not quite. Charleston was second in region 1 last year and made the state game

Will.I.Am.

Yeah you're right, they were the 2 seed. See what happens when you assume things instead of checking your facts?
Believe there's an old saying about that...

You think that Charleston will win Region 1 this year?

WPWells

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 23, 2013, 11:51:51 am
Yeah you're right, they were the 2 seed. See what happens when you assume things instead of checking your facts?

Charleston was the most impressive in round 1

MA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 23, 2013, 12:09:14 pm

Are you kidding? Everybody beat Green Forest like that.

Will.I.Am.

The competition picks up considerably today for Charleston. There are a lot of good games in Region 1 today.

WPWells

Quote from: krik6 on February 23, 2013, 12:38:53 pm

Charleston took care of the team they should've taken care of handily. Cedarville didn't

MA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 23, 2013, 01:19:40 pm

Charleston took care of the team they should've taken care of handily. Cedarville didn't

Sooo...? Cedarville and Charleston are the only two good teams?

WPWells

Quote from: krik6 on February 23, 2013, 03:00:13 pm

I will admit, I was impressed with West Fork last night. One of the more athletic teams I've seen this year

MA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 23, 2013, 03:03:11 pm
Quote from: krik6 on February 23, 2013, 03:00:13 pm

I will admit, I was impressed with West Fork last night. One of the more athletic teams I've seen this year

Lol you should have seen Tulsa Rogers.... frighteningly athletic. 1000 student HS. Had plenty to choose from.

neds

Similar they are . . .

McDermott from Creighton and Francis from HA

neds

The next stage is firming up.
ECS , third in 2, will play either Manila or Earle (loser is #2 in 3) on Thur.
ECS is such a young team . .

neds

Charleston boys must be the real deal , scoring thread says they beat W Fork by 20!

Will.I.Am.

Does nobody go to Regionals? It may just be me but seems like it takes far too long to get updates on the games. Who won Region 2 or 4?

whippersnapper

Charleston made 10 3s and a sophomore had 6 of them. And then they dominated wf on the boards. Josh Ferrell had 29 points last night and 8 tonight.  Just one of those nights were nothing went wf's way

basketballfan01

Region 2 Championship Games
Girls Jessieville beats Riverview
Boys Harding beats Mayflower

Will.I.Am.

Thanks. I knew Jessieville beat Riverview. They beat them very handily, too. I didn't really think it would be that one-sided.

How was the Harding vs Mayflower game?

basketballfan01

Harding beats Mayflower 64-52

Will.I.Am.

Decent game. Harding just keeps on rolling along.

WPWells

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 23, 2013, 08:56:57 pm
Charleston made 10 3s and a sophomore had 6 of them. And then they dominated wf on the boards. Josh Ferrell had 29 points last night and 8 tonight.  Just one of those nights were nothing went wf's way

And none of West Fork's troubles tonight are attributed to Charleston??

chucktownboys

WF flat got out played in every area,Tigers are on a mission playing their best ball now. Make Farrell go left and stay up on him and you shut him down, Boys played good defense by Tigers and they owned the glass. Good job boys!

whippersnapper

Reread what I said. You made 10 3s which the last I checked was 30 points and is pretty good. And you dominated the boards.

WPWells

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 23, 2013, 09:34:10 pm
Reread what I said. You made 10 3s which the last I checked was 30 points and is pretty good. And you dominated the boards.

Well you said nothing went WF's way tonight which makes it sound like WF just blew it

neds

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 23, 2013, 09:45:51 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on February 23, 2013, 09:34:10 pm

Well you said nothing went WF's way tonight which makes it sound like WF just blew it

12th the score reads as domination

ATU

The good thing about Charleston was the 2 So. had 40 point's and no telling how many rebounds and one good SO. is not playing this year because of knee injury in football and the first 2 player's off the bench  are SO. it could be really good the next 2 year's.

neds

McGehee wins in the rematch game vs Drew Central , by 19
These guys have some real potential at state next week

whippersnapper

Well things also didn't go wf's way. A team that is 25-6 doesn't have a record like that by averaging 27 points a game. And when they do have a game where they score 27 points one did the opposing team shoot well? Yes Charleston did. Wf was 1-7 from the free throw line. Lately they've been 70% from there. Im not taking anything away from Charleston, im just saying wf had a horrific game as well. Hence why you won by 20 points.

WPWells

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 23, 2013, 10:09:13 pm
Well things also didn't go wf's way. A team that is 25-6 doesn't have a record like that by averaging 27 points a game. And when they do have a game where they score 27 points one did the opposing team shoot well? Yes Charleston did. Wf was 1-7 from the free throw line. Lately they've been 70% from there. Im not taking anything away from Charleston, im just saying wf had a horrific game as well. Hence why you won by 20 points.

You make it sound like WF just played bad and on a normal night could've beaten Charleston. I felt like there was no doubt that Charleston was the superior team. A bunch of those missed shots (obviously not free throws) were caused by a Charleston defender having a hand in their face

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas