• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Regionals

Started by neds, February 17, 2013, 09:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

The draws are final as of last night.

Who will be the most likely to be upset of the top seeds, #1 and #2's?

baller334

watch out for Osceola over Mtn View in the first round for sure
they got a tough draw

MA

Idk if you would call it an upset... but 1seed Paris, on their home court drew West Fork. And 2 seed Mansfield drew Elkins.

Dr_Angel

I see Mayflower (3) giving Riverview (2)  a great contest in Region 2.

Bergman1820

Sr.Boys:
#1 Mt.View over #4 Osceola.

#2 Melbourne Vs #3 Manila

Sr.Girls:
#1 Mt.View over #4 Corning

#2 Valley Springs over #3 Manila

I think the best chance for an upset is in the Melbourne vs Manila boys game.

Man Cub

vstigerz:
Sr.Boys:

Sr.Girls:

Why do you think Valley girls will beat Manila girls?

Bergman1820

Quote from: vstigerz on February 17, 2013, 09:59:25 am
Sr.Boys:

Sr.Girls:

Quote from: Man Cub on February 17, 2013, 11:35:49 am

I think that Valley works on the things that they couldnt get done in the district finals last night. Turnovers and just not getting shots to fall. Manila girls are a very good team obviously. I just think that the Tennison and Taylor combo comes back strong again and is to much for them to handle.

baller334

Osceola over Mtn View by 10
No way Valley beats Manila

ManilaIce

Quote from: vstigerz on February 17, 2013, 11:58:15 am
Sr.Boys:

Sr.Girls:

I think that Valley works on the things that they couldnt get done in the district finals last night. Turnovers and just not getting shots to fall. Manila girls are a very good team obviously. I just think that the Tennison and Taylor combo comes back strong again and is to much for them to handle.
Tennison is a freshman correct?  The King kid had a good game last night shooting the ball also for Valley.

OldSandy

Quote from: Dr_Angel on February 17, 2013, 09:46:03 am
I see Mayflower (3) giving Riverview (2)  a great contest in Region 2.
The ahsaa.org site has for Region 2 Mayflower as the 4th seed out of 3A-5 and playing 3A-2 winner Harding. How were the 3rd and 4th places determined? Which seedings for Mayflower/BHG are correct?

Will.I.Am.

Mayflower was the higher seed from conference, yes? I think that makes them 3

neds

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 17, 2013, 04:30:28 pm
Mayflower was the higher seed from conference, yes? I think that makes them 3

This is B G post, pretty sure this is official

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/BB_3ARegionBracket_2013.pdf

Will.I.Am.

The 1A is off for sure. Even having the wrong champions of 5N. I don't know if he did those or not. Is it not the higher seed takes 3rd of the two semifinal losers?

Will.I.Am.

How are Valley Springs boys the 3rd seed and Bergman's boys the 4 seed in Regionals?

neds

Not really sure on the #3 and #4 decisions, regular season tie breaker may decide

Basketballfan13

If there is not a 3rd place game played in the district tournament it should be determined by which team finished higher in conference standings.

Will.I.Am.

See that's what I thought. I'm starting to think the bracket is just wrong. Only thing me and my family could decide is that the seedings were changed to accomodate the schools who have both boys and girls going to regionals so that they play on the same day. But that shouldn't change seedings.

Basketballfan13

They could re arrange the day the game was played but not the seeding...and I believe you have to have permission from the AAA to change anything to do with the schedule. Could be mistaken on the last part though.

OldSandy

February 17, 2013, 06:04:13 pm #18 Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:07:51 pm by OldSandy
It's a d@*$ shame that, with hundreds of kids and thousands of fans following the post-season, the AAA doesn't take the necessarry care to publish the brackets free from error. Instead, their sloppiness is the source of a great deal of confusion.

Bergman1820

Doesnt really make sense. The boys are Bergman #3 and Valley Springs #4. Bergman should be playing Earle and Valley Springs playing Hoxie.  It must just be a misprint. I see how they could change the time, but not the opponents. On the girls side Flippin and Bergman opponents have been switched.

Bergman1820

Quote from: ManilaIce on February 17, 2013, 02:44:13 pm
Quote from: vstigerz on February 17, 2013, 11:58:15 am
Sr.Boys:

Sr.Girls:

Tennison is a freshman correct?  The King kid had a good game last night shooting the ball also for Valley.

Yes Tennison and Taylor are Freshman.

Bergman1820

Wednesday – School will let out at 2:00 for teacher PLC meeting in Bergman.

Also Bergman has dismissed school on Thursday using one of thier built in snow days so staff and students can attend the games in Hoxie.

Bergman1820

Quote from: HackerHog on February 17, 2013, 06:46:14 pm
Mtn View boys are undefeated are they not? Don't see that 1st loss coming to 4th seeded Osceola.

That's gotta be 2 misprints. Bergman should be 3rd seed in both boys and girls. Valley should be 4th in boys and Flippin 4th in girls.

That's what I have been saying. On both of your points.

Collegiate scout

I agree old sandy, you would think AAA could find someone to take the time and fill out the brackets correctly before they post them, your right, it is sloppiness !

BigLion10

Osceola is no regular 4th seed though

Collegiate scout

No, Osceola is not a regular 4 seed, top 4 team in 3A, very athletic, good guard play and good size inside, they will cause match up problems for lots of teams.

baller334

I've been saying all along that all 4 teams in that conference are better than Mtn View on any giving night. If they were playing in that conference all year they would b lucky to make regionals.

ISU7

February 17, 2013, 10:47:11 pm #27 Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:06:53 pm by ISU7
Those brackets are wrong. Earle plays Bergman, and Hoxie play Valley. Also Rcrest girls play Flippin, and Earle girls play Bergman 8)

Collegiate scout

Baller, do not agree, have been watching these teams play all year, Mtn.View is as good or better than Manila or Earle, Mtn.View has good guard play and some good shooters, also 6'6 kid with skills, can play inside or outside, this does not mean they are a lock to beat Osceola, they are very good too, and this time of year anybody can beat anybody ! Mtn.View beat Hoxie and Manila last year in the Regional and look better this year, they beat Russellville, Green Co. Tech, Greenbrier who beat a good Harrision team, Hillcrest who beat Hoxie, at Hoxie, Concord twice and a good under rated Melbourne team three times. Watched the 3 District tournament and Hoxie seems to be the hot team in 3, best shooting team, but Osceola has the best big kid and a great guard and could be the best team in 3. It's a real shame one of these teams won't go to state.

nightowl

hoxie is not that good without the refrees .

HawgDaddy

Folks, Osceola could beat Mountain View, but quit making it sound like it's an automatic loss for MV.  The 3A-3 doesn't have a team as strong as Earle (last 2 seasons), Manila (2 years ago), Rivercrest (2 years ago).  I believe someone has already done the research going back 5-6 years in this league.  I think 3A-3 has a 27-25 edge head to head in that time period.  The 3A-1 East is no pushover league as evidenced by their record against your conference.  Yes, the 3A-1 East is down a little, but so is the 3A-3.  I assure you Mountain View is a better team than last year when they finished runner up to Earle in the region.  They are 30-0 and have played some pretty good teams.  It will be no cakewalk for anyone in this region.

ManilaIce

These two leagues for boys and girls have been opposite one another for the past few years.  What I mean is, the 3A-3 has always had the stronger boys teams and the 3A-1E has always had the stronger girls teams.  The recent state titles support this.  Each year there is always an attempt at a changing of the guard.  Manila and Rivercrest in girls will try to take out perennials Mtn View and Valley Springs, while Mtn View and Melbourne boys will attempt to take the reigns from the 3A-3.  Tradition is difficult to overcome.  I'm ready to see what this year's toughest regional has in store for us!

Will.I.Am.

Valley is very young. That may show at Regionals and cost them a game. However, the next 3 years, just go ahead and get ready for Valley Springs to be dominant. They have the pieces. MV Girls haven't lost a game since December 11. They're playing very well right now. Rivercrest won this region a year ago, so I don't count them out at all. As long as Brown is on the floor, Rivercrest has a chance to win it all. I don't know much about Manila girls this year, but winning Conference 3 speaks volumes to their ability.

On the boys side, I think we could argue back and forth all day. Is 3 down or not? Is 1E down or not? I honestly can't answer that. I've considered it both ways for each conference, and I can't make up my mind. What I do know is that MV is capable of competing and maybe winning this region. What I do know is that Melbourne is vastly improved and could knock off somebody.  What I do know is that any team from 3 is capable of beating one another. How does that translate to success or give any of us a bearing on how Regionals will turn out? It doesn't one bit. In my opinion there are 6 teams with all about the same shot to win Region 3. We may all be wrong and watch Valley Springs win it, I don't know. I do know I'm ready for it to start already

ManilaIce

It's as wide open as ever on the boys side, especially below Mtn View.  And like you alluded to, we better try to take advantage of VS being young.  By the way, Manila girls return 4 starters next season to a defending conference championship team.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 18, 2013, 01:59:20 pm
Valley is very young. That may show at Regionals and cost them a game. However, the next 3 years, just go ahead and get ready for Valley Springs to be dominant. They have the pieces. MV Girls haven't lost a game since December 11. They're playing very well right now. Rivercrest won this region a year ago, so I don't count them out at all. As long as Brown is on the floor, Rivercrest has a chance to win it all. I don't know much about Manila girls this year, but winning Conference 3 speaks volumes to their ability.

On the boys side, I think we could argue back and forth all day. Is 3 down or not? Is 1E down or not? I honestly can't answer that. I've considered it both ways for each conference, and I can't make up my mind. What I do know is that MV is capable of competing and maybe winning this region. What I do know is that Melbourne is vastly improved and could knock off somebody.  What I do know is that any team from 3 is capable of beating one another. How does that translate to success or give any of us a bearing on how Regionals will turn out? It doesn't one bit. In my opinion there are 6 teams with all about the same shot to win Region 3. We may all be wrong and watch Valley Springs win it, I don't know. I do know I'm ready for it to start already

All I know is that Heartbreak Hotel and the First Round of the Mothball Tournament Starts very soon this year for some teams...

HawgDaddy

Quote from: ManilaIce on February 18, 2013, 12:59:39 pm
These two leagues for boys and girls have been opposite one another for the past few years.  What I mean is, the 3A-3 has always had the stronger boys teams and the 3A-1E has always had the stronger girls teams.  The recent state titles support this.  Each year there is always an attempt at a changing of the guard.  Manila and Rivercrest in girls will try to take out perennials Mtn View and Valley Springs, while Mtn View and Melbourne boys will attempt to take the reigns from the 3A-3.  Tradition is difficult to overcome.  I'm ready to see what this year's toughest regional has in store for us!

Because the 3A-3 has won the past three state titles, you kinda forget that they are only a few games over .500 against the 3A - 1 East over the past 5-6 years.  Again, I'm using the research that was posted on here about a month ago.  He had went back 5-6 years and it was much closer than most realize.  So, although you keep saying it is one-sided, it isn't really.  At least it isn't in boys, now in girls, I bet it is one-sided over the same time frame.

Will.I.Am.

Quote from: ManilaIce on February 18, 2013, 02:08:49 pm
It's as wide open as ever on the boys side, especially below Mtn View.  And like you alluded to, we better try to take advantage of VS being young.  By the way, Manila girls return 4 starters next season to a defending conference championship team.

I didn't know that about Manila's girls. Could be them and Valley next year as the teams to beat.

ManilaIce

As for Mtn View girls, isn't this the group this year that won Jr High Conference as freshmen.  Are they Sr laden this season?

Will.I.Am.

6 of the top 7 Girls for MV are seniors. All of these girls have state rings already, have won numerous conference and district championships as well. Possibly the most decorated Sr. Girls class in Mountain View History. Either this class or last years. Remarkable the run Coach Ross has had since he's been at Mountain View

luxora4life

February 18, 2013, 04:40:21 pm #39 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:43:54 pm by luxora4life
Quote from: Will.I.Am. on February 18, 2013, 02:15:40 pm

I didn't know that about Manila's girls. Could be them and Valley next year as the teams to beat.

Slow down you two.  Rivercrest only have two seniors on the team with one starting at center and the other one playing in mop up duty.  They also should have Jackson back next season and possible a 6'1 eight grader from this year Conf. and district Championship team.  Oh did I mention D. Brown is only a jr.

jvance

Don't forget about south Arkansas. No one ever does but the boys have a few quality teams that could make a lot of noise: McGehee Centerpoint  Drew Central and Prescott all could do well. The girls not as strong but could surprise a few teams: Centerpoint McGehee and Bismarck.

ManilaIce

Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 04:40:21 pm

Slow down you two.  Rivercrest only have two seniors on the team with one starting at center and the other one playing in mop up duty.  They also should have Jackson back next season and possible a 6'1 eight grader from this year Conf. and district Championship team.  Oh did I mention D. Brown is only a jr.
Crest will be in contention as always, for sure.  Manila also should return what amounts to a fifth starter as one we lost to a knee injury early this season looks to return.  Should be a fun time in the 3A girls side.

3A-2 Fan

By the way, Riverview girls start 3 freshmen and 2 juniors and the 6th man is a freshman. So, they return their top 6.

Harding will return all 5 starters next year too. 

These two will battle it out for the next few years in conference 2.

ManilaIce

Quote from: 3A-2 Fan on February 18, 2013, 05:06:08 pm

By the way, Riverview girls start 3 freshmen and 2 juniors and the 6th man is a freshman. So, they return their top 6.

Harding will return all 5 starters next year too. 

These two will battle it out for the next few years in conference 2.
Wow, I new HA was young but you can't get much younger than Riverview and have the success they've had this year. 

Bergman1820

Looks like next season will be just as exciting as this one is.

Head Lion

Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 04:40:21 pm

How will the jackson girl be back next year?

Head Lion

How will the Jacson girl from Rivercrest be back next year?

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2013, 06:58:40 pm

she's a jr.

Danny

4Osceola over 1mnt view (by 10) region 3
3mayflower over 2riverview (by 10) region 2

Head Lion

Quote from: luxora4life on February 18, 2013, 08:07:48 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2013, 06:58:40 pm

she's a jr.
I wouldnt think basketball would be or should be very high on her priority list. JMO

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas