• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haskell harmony grove football job

Started by beaverfan007, December 01, 2015, 08:46:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

Who are the top candidates for this job??

Jimbo Morphis

Pat Swilling

I have no idea what job pays but this has to be an attractive place for the right guy. 

beaverfan007

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on December 01, 2015, 08:47:52 am
Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 01, 2015, 08:46:07 am
parker's great great grandson.
I don't think they can get him out of retirement to take it  ;D

Pat Swilling

Lot of potential for a young energetic Coach on the rise.

SR30

beaverfan007

It may be I was jw who they have in mind

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan

Paperman

beaverfan007

They wouldn't be successful if that happened

WPWells

KOJACK

Beaver Fever

beaverfan007

Coach calleys oc is red parkers grand son

cdelaney

And he's only 72. Has 20+ more years in him

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cdelaney on December 01, 2015, 05:56:36 pm
And he's only 72. Has 20+ more years in him

Probably a good 30 with the right diet :D

Sick Dog

Beamer is coming to HGH. Virginia Tech special teams is gonna put them over the top.

Wheels

December 02, 2015, 10:17:31 am #19 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:45:42 pm by Wheels
I would say the leading candidate would be HHG Jr. High head coach David DeArmon but have also heard a couple other names: Bryant OC Lance Parker, Gurdon HC Kyle Jackson and believe it or not Bryant HC Paul Calley.

I had my doubts at first about Coach Jimmy Red Parker when he was hired but believe he was the right coach at the right time for Harmony Grove program. As a person who is very passionate about the HHG football program and has watched it grow and become competitive over the last 6 years. I feel HHG needs a young, innovative and energetic football coach to bring some excitement and energy to the program that would enable it to possibly take that next step. I see HHG growing into a 4A school before to long and we all know how difficult the 4A is.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Wheels on December 02, 2015, 10:17:31 am
I would say the leading candidate would be HHG Jr. High head coach David DeArmon but have also heard a couple other names: Bryant OC Lance Parker, Gurdon HC Kyle Jackson and believe it or not Bryant HC Paul Calley.

I had my doubts at first about Coach Jimmy Red Parker when he was hired but believe he was the right coach at the right time for Harmony Grove program. As person who is very passionate about the HHG football program and has watched it grow and become competitive over the last 6 years. I feel HHG needs a young, innovative and energetic football coach to bring some excitement and energy to the program that would enable it to possibly take that next step. I see HHG growing into a 4A school before to long and we all know how difficult the 4A is.

Totally agree.  with area growing you better make a good decision on next
HFC.  4 A is around  the corner.

Longfellow

Dearmon is a very good coach. He would be a good fit. How long was he at Fountain Lake before he came to Harmony Grove?

Beaver Fever

Their jr high has been h377 on wheels the last two years, very strong and physical.

Dr. Defense

Is this one officially open yet or are they waiting until after season?

Wheels

December 02, 2015, 11:34:29 am #24 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:47:35 pm by Wheels
Quote from: Longfellow on December 02, 2015, 10:29:33 am
Dearmon is a very good coach. He would be a good fit. How long was he at Fountain Lake before he came to Harmony Grove?

I believe DeArmon was at Fountain Lake 6 years as the DC before joining the HHG staff prior to the 2014 season. DeArmon also handles the off season strength and conditioning program for HHG. I feel that had a direct effect on HHG success over the last two years.  I think DeArmon would be a great fit as well

Wheels

December 03, 2015, 02:53:29 pm #25 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:55:43 pm by Wheels
Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 02, 2015, 11:08:35 am
Is this one officially open yet or are they waiting until after season?
It's officially open. AD has already started interviewing potential coaches

ReddieKnightTrojan

If interviews have started, applications have ceased.

Dr. Defense

Wow I never even saw it posted anywhere

Beaver Fever

WorkOrder

Pat Swilling

WorkOrder

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 04, 2015, 08:21:15 am
not near enough $

His wife sales insurance. If you think he is worried about money you my friend are wrong.

Pat Swilling

I've heard Bryant will not do anything to update schools and facilities.  must be frustrated.

Wheels

Quote from: WorkOrder on December 04, 2015, 08:18:15 am
My guess is Paul Calley.
It's hard to see Paul Calley making a move from a 7A school down to a 3A school. What would he gain from it?

Pat Swilling

good question.  must be lotta frustration.

WorkOrder

Quote from: Wheels on December 04, 2015, 09:39:49 am
My guess is Paul Calley.

It's hard to see Paul Calley making a move from a 7A school down to a 3A school. What would he gain from it?

WHAT WOULD HE LOSE?

[/quote]
Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 04, 2015, 08:57:38 am
I've heard Bryant will not do anything to update schools and facilities.  must be frustrated.

Rida4Life

considering it wasn't posted long and most of the state didn't even know it was open, they probably know who they wanted to hire... and likely knew from the beginning. 
For that reason I would bet a lot of money on Lance Parker.  Coach Parker has had a way of using his influence to get his relatives hired for quite some time.

welven

They should hire DeArmon, that would be their best choice. If they don't there will be a lot of disappointed kids and parents. But sometimes politics wins over what's best for the students.

Beaver Fever

maybe harmony grove is just like the convolesent home for coaches.  For our sake I hope they hire the old guy from Bryant.  The jr high coach there had them rolling

Fox32

What about Coach Moore? I thought he was the guy behind the curtain anyway

AfricanAmerican

Just read where Paul Calley is resigning from Bryant effective January 4th

WorkOrder

minerjack

I wouldn't think Calley would resign before already holding another job in hand.

Bondfan4ever

Per the local Bryant newspaper article on Calley resigned, it mentioned that it is expected that he is to be named the new head football coach at Harmony Grove.  By the way, is it Benton Harmony Grove or Haskell Harmony Grove?

minerjack

Haskell Harmony Grove if you're especially upset. Benton harmony grove for anyone else.

BHS1989

Quote from: Wheels on December 04, 2015, 09:39:49 am
My guess is Paul Calley.
No pressure!!!!!! Plus Bryant moving into a tougher conference. And yes, Bryant school district is struggling financially and facility wise. The district can't keep up with all the students coming in (mostly from LR). They recently tried to pass a millage, which was defeated soundly

Sick Dog

question is will he bring enough players with him to bump them to 4A? I hear several are already "relocating"

beaverfan007

Alot of kids will  go to hhg from Bryant to play for him ....

gatecrasher

Media friend yesterday told me is was gonna be Paul Calley.
I was not gonna post it until it was okay to do so....but word has gotten out I see.

Carljung

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas