• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Rivercrest game has been moved.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 30, 2015, 05:35:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: KOJACK on December 01, 2015, 06:31:27 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 05:49:07 pm
And by the way. No one let me know so I could post it. I took upon my ownself to post it. Probably shouldn't have. But I did it anyways. I figured I would have let you guys know so you could make the adjustments. I'm so sorry for trying to be somewhat helpful.. Next time. I won't. I'll let you drive all the way to Smackover and realize the game had been moved and then you have to drive an extra 15 minutes to el dorado and hope you have a place to park.
Did you think they wouldn't have been told? Do you think smackover is the only community that is involved with their school/admin/athletics? I don't think it's a big deal other than the fact it sounds like it was "decided" without Rivercrest.

The same thing was done when Glen Rose moved their game to BHG. None of us got on here and made posts like that one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 06:34:38 pm
And by the way. No one let me know so I could post it. I took upon my ownself to post it. Probably shouldn't have. But I did it anyways. I figured I would have let you guys know so you could make the adjustments. I'm so sorry for trying to be somewhat helpful.. Next time. I won't. I'll let you drive all the way to Smackover and realize the game had been moved and then you have to drive an extra 15 minutes to el dorado and hope you have a place to park.
Did you think they wouldn't have been told? Do you think smackover is the only community that is involved with their school/admin/athletics? I don't think it's a big deal other than the fact it sounds like it was "decided" without Rivercrest.

The same thing was done when Glen Rose moved their game to BHG. None of us got on here and made posts like that one.

But your from smackover...the group think community dissapproves of you even having a membership here....SOOO

KOJACK

I don't remember hearing about it before the opposing team is the only thing. Seemed like it rubbed the colt fans the wrong way...and imo rightfully so

ReddieKnightTrojan

I think the head coaches should arm wrestle after the game to find out who the real winners are.

Lineman

I agree. I don't see the issue. Maybe it was "decided" on a whim after hours & no one from Rivercrest could be contacted for input. Suit up & play the game.

ReddieKnightTrojan

How many times do I have to tell you...the toes go in first!!!

Lineman

Quote from: KOJACK on December 01, 2015, 06:38:31 pm
I don't remember hearing about it before the opposing team is the only thing. Seemed like it rubbed the colt fans the wrong way...and imo rightfully so
That's what it sounds like. I guess we have to start consulting the fans before any decisions are made. Heads or tails?  Take a poll before Friday gets here.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on December 01, 2015, 06:44:44 pm
That's what it sounds like. I guess we have to start consulting the fans before any decisions are made. Heads or tails?  Take a poll before Friday gets here.

Coaches should have to run it by the FearlessFriday community first

Lineman

ISU7

December 01, 2015, 06:49:32 pm #259 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:54:55 pm by ISU7
Exactly the point.  Someone even mentioned that Smackover had moved some of their equipment to memorial stadium before AAA had approved the move. If there field messed up that bad why they didn't mention this after the Charleston game. Just sounds to much like a plan for the home team, who played a game in the rain on a sloppy field last week. I wonder do any of their college bound players know that they don't do this in college.  What's gone happen then. Are they gone ask the coach can they miss the game cause the field too muddy. Oh well memorial stadium it is, it was settled underhanded. There I said it.

Proud Buckaroo

If you think for one second that Jordan Jones has any problem with where he plays football at, or what the field looks like then you will be sadly mistaken.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 06:53:07 pm
If you think for one second that Jordan Jones has any problem with where he plays football at, or what the field looks like then you will be sadly mistaken.

But this game will make or break his college career.

Proud Buckaroo

How many times does it have to be known?

It rained Friday...
It rained Saturday...
It rained Sunday....
It rained Monday...
The sun hasn't shined any today...

After the Charleston game was played. The field was tore up. But it was expected the field to be in better shape by the time this game.

The field is a disaster, and if you cannot accept that. Then just move on. What has been done, is done. Get your kids suited up Friday and show up.  This is being blown out of proportion. Way more than it should be.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on December 01, 2015, 06:54:27 pm

Not when he has been committed to ARKANSAS since he completed his sophmore year. He has played countless games in bad weather AT Smackover and has no complained a bit.

ISU7

I see you follow behind PB. You must be the one who blow the trombone in Smackover band. I hope they leave you a spot to park your wagon. Lol. One thing I never mentioned any players names.

Proud Buckaroo

"College bound players." You don't have to mention names.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2015, 07:00:22 pm

I see you follow behind PB. You must be the one who blow the trombone in Smackover band. I hope they leave you a spot to park your wagon. Lol. One thing I never mentioned any players names.

::) Gets boring when everyone is on the same side

luxora4life

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 06:28:42 pm
There is nothing else for me to say that would change anyone's personal opinion about any of this. I have said over and over again why our field looks bad. It rained the entire weekend, yesterday and today... It wasn't "sunny". It was very cloudy. Our field does not drain at all. When we played ECS. I walked onto the field and my foot sunk atleast 4-6 inches into the ground.

Like I said. Nothing I can say Will change anyone's opinion.

I don't know how bad the field is, but if it is as bad as they say, I do see why safety wouldn't be a uderstandable reason.  If I had a son who is a senior that was possibly getting a look from a few colleges, I wouldn't want him playing on a field with pot hole, and 3 inch mud if their was a better field available.  I remember tell my son in 2009 at cave city to get what you can and get down due to the poor field condition (of course he didn't listen).  I wonder if the game was move to a better grass field rather than turf how would my fellow Rivercrest fans feel.  No matter where this game was going to be played, our boys are going to have to strap on and strap on tight.  That being said, I like our chance, if we can keep it close going into the 4th quarter.  GO COLTS!

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 06:55:45 pm

It rained Friday...
It rained Saturday...
It rained Sunday....
It rained Monday...

After the Charleston game was played. The field was tore up. But it was expected the field to be in better shape by the time this game.

The field is a disaster, and if you cannot accept that. Then just move on. What has been done, is done. Get your kids suited up Friday and show up.  This is being blown out of proportion. Way more than it should be.
Lol I'm just trying to get my posts up. Relax PB.it's all good. Y'all can ask too moved the game to Hector since they won't be using it the Colts will be there. Right HF.😄😄😄

HorseFeathers

Quote from: luxora4life on December 01, 2015, 07:04:32 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 06:28:42 pm
There is nothing else for me to say that would change anyone's personal opinion about any of this. I have said over and over again why our field looks bad. It rained the entire weekend, yesterday and today... It wasn't "sunny". It was very cloudy. Our field does not drain at all. When we played ECS. I walked onto the field and my foot sunk atleast 4-6 inches into the ground.

Like I said. Nothing I can say Will change anyone's opinion.

I don't know how bad the field is, but if it is as bad as they say, I do see why safety wouldn't be a uderstandable reason.  If I had a son who is a senior that was possibly getting a look from a few colleges, I wouldn't want him playing on a field with pot hole, and 3 inch mud if their was a better field available.  I remember tell my son in 2009 at cave city to get what you can and get down due to the poor field condition (of course he didn't listen).  I wonder if the game was move to a better grass field rather than turf how would my fellow Rivercrest fans feel.  No matter where this game was going to be played, our boys are going to have to strap on and strap on tight.  That being said, I like our chance, if we can keep it close going into the 4th quarter.  GO COLTS!

Holy carp....a rational thought on FearlessFriday...I didn't think those existed anymore

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2015, 07:05:02 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 06:55:45 pm

It rained Friday...
It rained Saturday...
It rained Sunday....
It rained Monday...

Lol I'm just trying to get my posts up. Relax PB.it's all good. Y'all can ask too moved the game to Hector since they won't be using it the Colts will be there. Right HF.😄😄😄

COme on up....It'll save me some gas money(You won't get under my skin posting about Hector...I've seen 8 of the top 10 teams in 3A this year, and only watched 5 Hector games haha...)

ISU7

Quote from: HF on December 01, 2015, 07:03:06 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2015, 07:00:22 pm

::) Gets boring when everyone is on the same side
Lol I know right. I'm just having fun. I'm done PB is cool. The game will be fine at memorial stadium. Stay safe guys.

Hawgeye

This thread is a headache to read through.

Fearless should have a forum just for the proper use of the english language.

Lord have mercy...

JC Guy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 08:14:57 pm
Junction city had to do several fundraisers when they won state in three sports in a year. There is a way of making the money. You just got to find a way to get the funding.
Four but who's counting?

Lineman

Quote from: Hawgeye on December 01, 2015, 07:14:08 pm
This thread is a headache to read through.

Fearless should have a forum just for the proper use of the english language.

Lord have mercy...
So you're saying that reading is difficult.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 07:01:14 pm

We do have more than one college bound

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on December 01, 2015, 07:27:01 pm

I know that. I figured the only one he knew of was Jordan.

Headhunter15

Anybody wanna play madden? Bickering about something none of y'all can change lol how ya think we feel about being cheated from a possible state championship in 05' by dierks

Proud Buckaroo

If I was at home. I would be more than obliged to play. Lol.

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on December 01, 2015, 07:27:59 pm
Quote from: LilBeastBIL on December 01, 2015, 07:27:01 pm

But how many are going D1?
Don't really matter. How many D1 recruits are bust and how many D2 players do you see on pro squads? They get to keep playing the sport they love and help with the cost of school.

JC Guy

All I can tell you is depart a little early and stop by Smackovers field to see for your self and you will be glad it was moved.

eldofan

Since it is Smackover's home game they should decide where it is played

Headhunter15

Home side crowd will be filled. Only game in Union county for football and it's the game to see if you don't want to drive to rison or searcy

Proud Buckaroo

There is going to be a lot of people there now that it was moved. I work with a few guys who are going to make this game. I'm sure people from around Union county are going to fill up the home side.

Sick Dog

funny how HF and PB cant even post without each other. Do yall use the bathroom together too? everything is going overboard according to them when its something to do with Smackover.

bleudog

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 01, 2015, 07:58:58 pm
Home side crowd will be filled. Only game in Union county for football and it's the game to see if you don't want to drive to rison or searcy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 08:02:51 pm
There is going to be a lot of people there now that it was moved. I work with a few guys who are going to make this game. I'm sure people from around Union county are going to fill up the home side.

It seats 6,000+.

Parking can be an adventure though.

Fox32

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 01, 2015, 08:02:51 pm
Im sure the AAA won't mind that at all

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 01, 2015, 08:16:32 pm
funny how HF and PB cant even post without each other. Do yall use the bathroom together too? everything is going overboard according to them when its something to do with Smackover.

Should look at the 2a board....or the basketball boards....or the general sports. I'm just bored tonight, wife decided She wanted to play xbox, so I'm not getting to watch the ole tv....but judging by the negativity of 95% of your posts you live in your mom's basement, so you wouldn't understand...

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 01, 2015, 07:32:50 pm
Anybody wanna play madden? Bickering about something none of y'all can change lol how ya think we feel about being cheated from a possible state championship in 05' by dierks

You got madden 25? It'll be more productive than this.lol

Proud Buckaroo

Sick Dog

I knew I would get you guys going...... Does he have to go home when ur wife stops playing or do yall have sleep overs too?

Fox32

Quote from: HF on December 01, 2015, 08:25:20 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 01, 2015, 08:16:32 pm

Should look at the 2a board....or the basketball boards....or the general sports. I'm just bored tonight, wife decided She wanted to play xbox, so I'm not getting to watch the ole tv....but judging by the negativity of 95% of your posts you live in your mom's basement, so you wouldn't understand...
I'm Amish, and I like the basement, but I don't have a tv, video games or the "internets" which means I have wait to get naked pics of sick dog's mom in the mail.

Sick Dog

I wish you knew what she looked like.....the joke would be on you......then you would become a sick dog

LilBeastBIL

Fox32

December 01, 2015, 08:50:03 pm #296 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:52:54 pm by Fox32
Come on man! That's no way to talk about your mom lol just kidding

Headhunter15

dragondad

I think RC is guilty of plagiarism, some of these excuses and whining sounds like it came straight from the Carlisle fans when we moved the semi-final game to El Do.

WHITEchicken

I was thinking the same thing dragondad. I remember reading that post. it turned out to be a great game. the difference will be that it will not be wet and raining like crazy on friday when smack plays rc. jc/carlisle was entertaining but the fumbles by jc almost cost them and the injury to carlisles running back sealed it. there were all kind of excuses going around before the game.

after the game all these people trying to get under eachothers skin will get on here and say good game to the other team and few excuses will be thrown out just like that game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas