• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Rivercrest game has been moved.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 30, 2015, 05:35:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover game will now be played at El Dorado War memorial field @ 7Pm Friday night. Pass the word around.

Smackover Fan

HorseFeathers

So preskitt and smorphlet both getting to play on turf before the showdown....no excuses then?

Headhunter15

No rain. No mud. No nothing. See what everybody is really made of

flow51

November 30, 2015, 05:53:24 pm #4 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:56:47 pm by flow51
I think Smackover should have to play in their pig pen!! No but all bs aside... I heard Langston loves him some turf!! Careful what you wish for...

Headhunter15

Quote from: flow51 on November 30, 2015, 05:53:24 pm
I think Smackover should have to play in their pig pen!! No but all bs aside... I heard Langston loves him so turf!! Careful what you wish for...

Where you hear that from? The other thread lol?

Proud Buckaroo

Must have read the other thread moments before posting that. Lol.

Lineman

What's the matter?  Too much water on the swamp.

Curleywolf Fan

November 30, 2015, 05:58:40 pm #8 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:02:31 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 05:35:23 pm
Smackover game will now be played at El Dorado War memorial field @ 7Pm Friday night. Pass the word around.
I guess their goes Smackover's home field advantage.

Proud Buckaroo

It's bad, man. With all the rain we had over the weekend and it was sunny enough today to even start to dry it up.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 30, 2015, 05:58:40 pm

Negative, ghost rider. I think this helps more than it will hurt. The kids are excited and ready to get this game going.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 05:59:31 pm

Negative, ghost rider. I think this helps more than it will hurt. The kids are excited and ready to get this game going.
I'm surprised Rivercrest agreed on that :o

HorseFeathers

Quote from: KOJACK on November 30, 2015, 06:12:37 pm

Would think they'd want the mud hole..

war cardinals

They would have done this last year when we played Episcopal but didn't earl and junction city have Eldorado's  field?? Last  year our field wasn't even fit to play on.

Maynard G Krebs

KOJACK

Quote from: war cardinals on November 30, 2015, 06:21:29 pm
They would have done this last year when we played Episcopal but didn't earl and junction city have Eldorado's  field?? Last  year our field wasn't even fit to play on.
I don't think smack wanted EC$ on turf last year...

Proud Buckaroo

Yes. Junction was using el dorado's field last year.

war cardinals

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I'm ready I'm excited to see some football anyway I've always liked Eldorado's field.

ISU7

November 30, 2015, 06:37:52 pm #18 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:42:19 pm by ISU7

RiverCrest don't look for no easy way out. Today is Monday. Smackover has a nice field and it should be somewhat dry by Friday. I think their game with Westfork on a wet field made them feel uncomfortable. ☔☔💦💦💧💦 The Colts will play them in a desert if they like. Lol.

Proud Buckaroo

I wouldn't say this is an easy way out. I think it's a better way for the game. You risk getting hurt in slippery mud in my opinion.

coltmom#10

Rivercrest coach doesn't know anything about this  :o :o :o

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 06:40:57 pm
I wouldn't say this is an easy way out. I think it's a better way for the game. You risk getting hurt in slippery mud in my opinion.
Lol that's true, but this isn't flag football, you can get hurt playing football no matter what the conditions of the field is like Lol.too funny.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

And no words have been exchanged to the superintendent/ad at Rivercrest either

Proud Buckaroo

I don't believe smackover would just move the game without there being an agreement...

KOJACK

I believe that both coaches have to agree for a game to be moved. So if the colts want the slop, the slop it'll be.

coltmom#10

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 06:52:20 pm
I don't believe smackover would just move the game without there being an agreement...
I know for a fact the coach hasn't talked to anyone.

coltmom#10

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on November 30, 2015, 06:50:33 pm
And no words have been exchanged to the superintendent/ad at Rivercrest either
and I think Maximus would know if they talked to the Super

Proud Buckaroo

My boss is on the school board. So, I can find out what the word is.

Hawgeye

Both sides should be happy about this move.

Smackover has a very nice stadium, very large for a 3A school. El Dorado has a very fine facility though. Turf, very large stadium, great lighting, etc.

For Rivercrest, there will be many more eating options and hotels.

Good call to move if the Smackover stadium is a pig pen.

Proud Buckaroo

I agree. Both sides should be happy about the move.

I agree to some point that Smackover SRs won't get to play their last home game on their own field.

But, it's a good move.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 30, 2015, 06:58:14 pm
Both sides should be happy about this move.

Smackover has a very nice stadium, very large for a 3A school. El Dorado has a very fine facility though. Turf, very large stadium, great lighting, etc.

For Rivercrest, there will be many more eating options and hotels.

Good call to move if the Smackover stadium is a pig pen.

isnt crest a power run team?

Proud Buckaroo

Yep. They are. 880 yards recieving and 3,800 yards rushing.

TC

I guess that would make sense, since their RB is a stud

HorseFeathers

soooo...how does moving to turf benefit crest?

Hawgeye

Quote from: HF on November 30, 2015, 07:16:57 pm
soooo...how does moving to turf benefit crest?

I don't see any reason for anyone to be upset.

High school kids love playing in big, nice stadiums

Memorial Stadium in El Dorado, is one of the biggest and nicest high school stadiums around.

Proud Buckaroo

I think the posters are just upset because nothing has been said to their AD/coach yet. This decision came late today. When I mentioned it, is when it was brought to my attention. I'm pretty certain they will be getting a phone call tomorrow morning.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 07:21:07 pm
I think the posters are just upset because nothing has been said to their AD/coach yet. This decision came late today. When I mentioned it, is when it was brought to my attention. I'm pretty certain they will be getting a phone call tomorrow morning.
What y'all gonna do when crest says no? Turn the sprinklers back on?

Proud Buckaroo

Hawgeye

Quote from: HF on November 30, 2015, 07:21:53 pm

I think Smackover could then just go to the AAA. Which, likely has already been done.

This is the way playoffs should be anyway.

In Texas, teams meet at an accommodating stadium between the two schools. Obviously, this isn't a central location for Rivercrest, but I wish Arkansas would go to that type of playoff.

Take advantage of all the small college stadiums and nicer high school stadiums in the state. Eliminate home field and play at neutral sites.

strongandsteady

Yea UCA, OBU, Henderson, Harding would all be great for like regional match ups etc

Jag-Class07

Hawgeye

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 30, 2015, 07:36:52 pm
Yea UCA, OBU, Henderson, Harding would all be great for like regional match ups etc

I just like that about Texas ball.

AT&T stadium hosted 5-6 games last weekend.

Granted, fan bases in Texas are much larger than Arkansas. High School stadiums can hold upwards of 20-25k fans. Still, you know the kids enjoy playing in the different venues.

Usually teams meet and play at a halfway point. IMO this would save many schools money on lodging, and also avoid very late night travel.

For example, Smackover and Rivercrest could meet to play in Little Rock, or Sheridan, or Pine Bluff. Rivercrest would only travel 2 hours or so, and Smackover an hour and forty five minutes.

HorseFeathers

November 30, 2015, 07:41:49 pm #42 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:43:31 pm by HF
Quote from: Hawgeye on November 30, 2015, 07:27:44 pm

I think Smackover could then just go to the AAA. Which, likely has already been done.

In Texas, teams meet at an accommodating stadium between the two schools. Obviously, this isn't a central location for Rivercrest, but I wish Arkansas would go to that type of playoff.

Take advantage of all the small college stadiums and nicer high school stadiums in the state. Eliminate home field and play at neutral sites.

Soooo...when the first round is going, and theres 60 gsmes going, all neutral...im sure marvell and western yell county would make great neutral sites for say a charleston or mccrory to use....cause of all the good neutral sitrs being grabbed up by the large schools.

Gotta remember when you are comparing us to texas, it's 10 hours from Dallas to he western border of texas...I live in Russellville and can be in any border state in 3 hours give or take a few minutes...

Lineman

What about the Danville/Paris game 2 weeks ago. Where would they meet? Magazine!!

Proud Buckaroo

Rivercrest fans will now have a better opportunity for a place to eat before the game. You won't have to rush to eat, and try to make it to Smackover in time for the game. The stadium is on North west ave. where most of our food establishments are located at.

Hawgeye

Quote from: HF on November 30, 2015, 07:41:49 pm
Quote from: Hawgeye on November 30, 2015, 07:27:44 pm

Soooo...when the first round is going, and theres 60 gsmes going, all neutral...im sure marvell and western yell county would make great neutral sites for say a charleston or mccrory to use....cause of all the good neutral sitrs being grabbed up by the large schools.

Gotta remember when you are comparing us to texas, it's 10 hours from Dallas to he western border of texas...I live in Russellville and can be in any border state in 3 hours give or take a few minutes...

The AAA would pick the sites.

You would have to totally reorganize how the Arkansas playoff system works.

In Texas....You have your Bi-District Round, Area Round, Regional Semifinal Round, Regional Final Round, State Semifinal Round, State Championship.

Obviously, Arkansas only needs 5 rounds. So, cut one round out. Keep with Texas and have two conferences who match up each season that are within close proximity to one another. Then group those two up with two others, that are the closest in proximity for your Regional Round.

There will always be fields available with no teams having home field advantage.

Texas high school playoffs start on Thursday. For example, Abilene High School hosts games from all classifications on Thursday and Friday. Games sometimes start at 1:00 on Fridays. Only one late game on Thursdays.

HorseFeathers

Arkansas used to do that with the regional 1st round games...guess what people whined about it...just like folks do now...

gameoflife

Any change of location should be approved by both schools.

Proud Buckaroo

And like I said, the decision to bring this up came of late. There will be a phone called made tomorrow morning. I'm certain. Smackover school went upon the AD of El dorado high school and asked them if we can use their field Friday.

Hawgeye

Quote from: HF on November 30, 2015, 07:55:52 pm
Arkansas used to do that with the regional 1st round games...guess what people whined about it...just like folks do now...

I don't have a dog in the fight...It just seems that travel is a big issue to smaller schools. The idea of changing to a format of a middle meeting spot for both schools, would at least cut down on travel expenses and also on late night travel. I would imagine most bus drivers for high school football teams are an assistant coach who woke up at 5 am that same morning and will work all day, drive the team all afternoon(Rivercrest 4.5 hour drive to Smackover)coach a ball game until 9:30 or 10. Stop some place to grab a bite to eat with the team, then get back on the road and get back to their high school at around 3:30 or 4:00. Thats dang near a 24 hour day for a coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas