• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 2015 Heisman

Started by strongandsteady, November 30, 2015, 01:26:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who deserves the High School 3A Heisman?

Cecil Langston
38 (39.2%)
Trevor Pipkin
46 (47.4%)
Alex Francis
10 (10.3%)
Jordan Jones
11 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: December 05, 2015, 01:26:50 pm

Proud Buckaroo

No, sir! It's those huge calves he has! He's gotten really good at kicking this year.

LilBeastBIL

Nope, regular shoes. He doesn't have time to change shoes. He's on the field the majority of the game

Lineman

I didn't think he'd have time to change. It was a discussion a few if us had the other night. He was a beast two weeks ago. Our mental mistakes & his performance were definitely game changers

LilBeastBIL

When he gets the carries he's a handful for anyone.

ReddieKnightTrojan

I know I've already mentioned Langston, but I don't see how anyone else could be in this conversation. Pipkin can run and throw, but he is surrounded by freakish talent. Rivercrest was ranked 16 when the playoffs started. Food for thought.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 01, 2015, 06:27:09 pm
I know I've already mentioned Langston, but I don't see how anyone else could be in this conversation. Pipkin can run and throw, but he is surrounded by freakish talent. Rivercrest was ranked 16 when the playoffs started. Food for thought.

No doubt he's salty . Thing is he's pretty much the majority of the offense.  How many carries does he usually get a game?

Lrbasketballguru

Sick Dog

MVP- Langston
Heisman-Pipkin

Paperman

Pipkin is a aolid choice! But colts are nowhere without Cecil Langston!

Skip Baymore

December 02, 2015, 01:03:07 am #59 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:56:54 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: HF on November 30, 2015, 10:59:03 pm
I don't think some get how the "heisman" is awarded..

I think you are correct.

Fox32

Any decent back would average big yardage behind that freakish o-line IMO.

ISU7

Quote from: Fox32 on December 02, 2015, 06:14:10 am
Any decent back would average big yardage behind that freakish o-line IMO.
Langston is not just a decent back. Most of his yards were made on his own...

LilBeastBIL

Not on the videos I watched. He's smart follows those mountains. And outran people with average speed. The kid is good. He'll play next level.  He's not the 2nd coming of Kenneth Dixon or anything

State champs 2010

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on December 02, 2015, 10:35:37 am
Not on the videos I watched. He's smart follows those mountains. And outran people with average speed. The kid is good. He'll play next level.  He's not the 2nd coming of Kenneth Dixon or anything
being a average running back doesn't get you to the next level.. I guess you can see for yourself Friday night!  ;D I guess a 4'4 40 is average speed at smack over huh??

KOJACK

Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 02, 2015, 01:24:40 pm
being a average running back doesn't get you to the next level.. I guess you can see for yourself Friday night!  ;D I guess a 4'4 40 is average speed at smack over huh??
They have a guy faster than that 4.4...they just can't get him the ball ;D

LilBeastBIL

State champs 2010

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on December 02, 2015, 01:29:36 pm
Reading Comprehension...
what I wanna know is that a average speed for smackover yes or no? Cause if so the colts are in trouble..

Proud Buckaroo

He said the kid is good. He's smart and follows the blockers. I can agree with him. Like I said in a previous post. Langston maybe getting credit for all those yards but a lot of them he is getting just running behind those big linemen. The videos I have watched are very decieving. He looks as though he runs a 4.5.

We have a few players who run a 4.4. Jordan jones runs a 4.34 in the 40. Speed will most likely not be a factor for Smackover.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2015, 01:35:33 pm

He said the kid is good. He's smart and follows the blockers. I can agree with him. Like I said in a previous post. Langston maybe getting credit for all those yards but a lot of them he is getting just running behind those big linemen. The videos I have watched are very decieving. He looks as though he runs a 4.5.

We have a few players who run a 4.4. Jordan jones runs a 4.34 in the 40. Speed will most likely not be a factor for Smackover.
ok still doesn't answer my question.

Proud Buckaroo

Let's put it this way. The videos make it seem he has average speed. No, a 4.4 not an average speed BUT a 4.4 will not be a factor for us. He won't beat us with speed.

State champs 2010

Langston is not the fastest on the team. #5 beat Langston in 40 and 100. He returns kickoffs. Speed won't be a factor for either teams they are both about the same speed wise from what I've seen on film.

Proud Buckaroo

Overall team speed: smackover wins it.

Our line is no where near as big as the colts. But they are quicker.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2015, 01:49:14 pm

when you run between tackles speed doesn't matter.. Good blocking matters.

LilBeastBIL

Especially our D line. As the game goes on that'll be a big difference

OB11

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on December 02, 2015, 01:58:41 pm

Especially our D line. As the game goes on that'll be a big difference

Could definitely be a factor if it turns into a grind it out kind of game. 

WPWells

The Heisman wouldn't throw four picks in the biggest game of the year. Francis without a doubt

redandgray

Langston! 184 yards tonight. 3,040 on the year.

bootlegger

Quote from: redandgray on December 04, 2015, 11:18:24 pm
Langston! 184 yards tonight. 3,040 on the year.
awesome year for langston,with possibly the best line in 3A,also a great career with one more game left against possibly the best quarterback in 3A.  go Colts!

hornethigh-mhs

Where will Langston be playing on Saturdays next year?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 01, 2015, 12:06:17 pm
I think the argument between the 2 would be...   If you take Pipkin off of Prescott's team could they still win games?  I say yes.   Could you take Langston off if Rivercrest team and them still win?   I say no.     There for I would have to swing my vote to Langston.    That doesn't change the fact that I think Prescott wins @ WMS by 3Tds whoever they play.

Oops!

biglion1985

He missed that one didn't he coltfan :-D

GreyColt

Langston is not a 4.4 40 guy.

redandgray

Langston isn't a burner...probably in the 4.6 range but has great vision and the ability to make people miss...and he's strong.

Paperman

Quote from: redandgray on December 07, 2015, 01:16:17 pm
Langston isn't a burner...probably in the 4.6 range but has great vision and the ability to make people miss...and he's strong.
Cecil is not a 4.4 guy, but he is fast enough. He rarely gets caught from behind. The young man is just a born running back.

Markadomous

That was very big of 12 th man to call out Pipkin like he did. Prescott got on his back and rode him for 14 games this year. He's a great player a great qb and a great kid. Not appreciated when you kick a kid when he's down.

redandgray

Quote from: Paperman on December 07, 2015, 02:46:56 pm
Quote from: redandgray on December 07, 2015, 01:16:17 pm
Cecil is not a 4.4 guy, but he is fast enough. He rarely gets caught from behind. The young man is just a born running back.
Agreed...just a pure running back.  Fun to watch.

WCD

Alex Francis should be right up there at the top. Besides having great stats he has shown tremendous leadership in directing the Wildcats to a 13-1 overall record with many of them being come from behind wins. Alex has shown maturity and leadership by remaining calm and collected in each game. He is a winner!

My vote would be for Mr. Francis!

WCD ;D

ISU7

Quote from: WCD on December 09, 2015, 08:57:38 am
Alex Francis should be right up there at the top. Besides having great stats he has shown tremendous leadership in directing the Wildcats to a 13-1 overall record with many of them being come from behind wins. Alex has shown maturity and leadership by remaining calm and collected in each game. He is a winner!

My vote would be for Mr. Francis!

WCD ;D
Francis is a very good qb, its time for him to have an off game. lol. How you been WCD..

WPWells

Pointing out facts isn't calling out the kid. Y'all get your knickers out of the twist that they're in and get over the Prescott loss

WPWells

Could we reopen the voting? I'm sure several people would like to change their vote

Longfellow

Cupkake24

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 09, 2015, 11:38:18 am
Pointing out facts isn't calling out the kid. Y'all get your knickers out of the twist that they're in and get over the Prescott loss
Pipkin is better than any qb on Charlestons roster. Charleston would have not wanted to play us this year. Pipkin threw 3 picks two of them were on screens where the defensive player made great plays both times and one was on a tipped pass. We're over the loss harding academy played better than us in the second half they out coached us in the second half. Harding academy was a great team there's a reason why there playing on Saturday! You just need to get off our back. There's plenty of 3a teams that would have loved to have him

WPWells

But did he lead you to a championship or did he throw 4 picks in the biggest game of the season?

THUMP THUMP THUMP

strongandsteady

Pipkin officially committed to Henderson State today. Congrats to that young man

WPWells

Congrats to him. I have nothing against the kid. Y'all make me out to be some sort of evil villain who wishes ill on this kid. I really just want to see the Prescott posters who talked noise all year own up to the loss. Guess that would require class

Paperman

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 09, 2015, 06:19:24 pm
Congrats to him. I have nothing against the kid. Y'all make me out to be some sort of evil villain who wishes ill on this kid. I really just want to see the Prescott posters who talked noise all year own up to the loss. Guess that would require class
Seeming a little thin skinned 12th! It is alright! Pipkin is a good kid will have an opportunity to pursue something at the next level at HSU! Hats off to him. Now back to the Heisman! Langston or whoever! I go with Langston! The Colts aren't at WMS Saturday without him!

Carljung

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 09, 2015, 06:10:00 pm
But did he lead you to a championship or did he throw 4 picks in the biggest game of the season?

THUMP THUMP THUMP
I thought you said you were trying something new? Guess that didn't work out for you. Good to see you back to your real self and no portraying yourself as something your not.

nastynice

Langston. And the vote shouldn't even be close! He's carried this team all year. Pipkin had lots of weapons to work with.
Just like the real Heisman, you have a bad game late, you are out!

WPWells

You need to get off your high horse. The personal attacks have gone too far. You look pathetic frankly. You're harassing me

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Carljung on December 09, 2015, 06:38:52 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 09, 2015, 06:10:00 pm

THUMP THUMP THUMP
I thought you said you were trying something new? Guess that didn't work out for you. Good to see you back to your real self and no portraying yourself as something your not.

stick with discussing football or talking smack about football. The personal attacks need to stop.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas