• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 2015 Heisman

Started by strongandsteady, November 30, 2015, 01:26:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who deserves the High School 3A Heisman?

Cecil Langston
38 (39.2%)
Trevor Pipkin
46 (47.4%)
Alex Francis
10 (10.3%)
Jordan Jones
11 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: December 05, 2015, 01:26:50 pm

strongandsteady

GrindTime

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan

You could say Langston..   Tho  they prob wouldn't be in the semis with out him for sure.

strongandsteady

1 from each school but Walker is a great player

nastynice

Give us some stats on all 4.

Jimbo Morphis

can't vote for jones. they never give him the ball.

Markadomous

GrindTime

Pipkin Has About 3965 passing yards according to max preps Francis behind him with 3262..

GrindTime

Jordan jones has 640 receiving yards I would probably put Freeman In His Place

501Arkansas

Has to be Cecil best running back in the state hands down. This year has 2856 rushing yards, 9.7 yards per carrie, 238 yards per game and 36 tds. Broke state record with 8 tds in a playoff game. Broke school record for rushing yards in a game then broke his own record. If he gets 100 yards friday night he'll have 6,000 career rushing yards. He's a beast

strongandsteady

Yea I could replace Jones with Freeman

ReddieKnightTrojan

Cecil Langston has literally "carried" Rivercrest into the semis

PermaBan

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 30, 2015, 02:15:03 pm
Cecil Langston has literally "carried" Rivercrest into the semis
His back is hurting.

TC

Clara Allen

After seeing Pipkin in action, he's got my vote

TC

Warriors023

It's between pipkin and cecil

Headhunter15

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 30, 2015, 03:48:04 pm

Just out of curiosity... Why not Francis? His numbers are up there with pipkins

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 30, 2015, 04:07:53 pm

Can Francis run like Pipkin? Pipkin can run or throw. He had 120 yards rushing last Friday night against Lamar in the mud.

Headhunter15

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 30, 2015, 04:13:37 pm

Can Francis run like Pipkin? Pipkin can run or throw. He had 120 yards rushing last Friday night against Lamar in the mud.

Not about what he can do. It's about what he has done this year. Doesn't Francis have more passing yards than Langston has rushing ?

beach bum

Langston with Pipkin very narrowly behind.... I'd say there is a gap after that.

Pete Rose

Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2015, 05:24:52 pm
Langston with Pipkin very narrowly behind.... I'd say there is a gap after that.
[/quote
I'd say these two are nipping at each others heels. With both of them putting up tremendous stats and impressive victories each week, I would say whoever puts on a show these next two weeks wins the Heisman.

Markadomous

Yeah Francis is right there with Pipkin. 850 yards less than Pipkin. But we will see Friday night. Pipkin and Francis go head to head.

KOJACK

Quote from: GrindTime on November 30, 2015, 01:56:12 pm
Pipkin Has About 3965 passing yards according to max preps Francis behind him with 3262..
Pipkin has 44 TDs and only 4 ints. I think people will see an added dimension this week. He has almost 500 yds rushing and 125 of that came last Friday. As far as who is most valuable to their team, I think it's a 3 way tie. With Jones on the outside looking in. Even though he is obviously the most talented. But you know where my vote is.

Sick Dog

Coach Jones

beach bum

maytag

Pipkin. Is more accurate passer and better runner      Seen them both

HorseFeathers

I don't think some get how the "heisman" is awarded..

ISU7

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 30, 2015, 04:45:21 pm
Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 30, 2015, 04:13:37 pm

Not about what he can do. It's about what he has done this year. Doesn't Francis have more passing yards than Langston has rushing ?
Passing yards are not the truth. A qb can throw a two yd pass and the receiver catches it and runs 78 yds with it, the qb gets credit for the whole 80 yds. That's not an true 80 yd pass, he should only get credit for two yds. Just something to think about. 8)

cdelaney

It's fair to keep this HS Heisman list to the top 4 teams, similar to actual Heisman I guess- best player on the best team usually. So I'll vote for Pipkin.
But the best football player in 3A is Allie Freeman. What he did this year, with much less of a supporting cast, was amazing (even remarkable?).

ISU7

Quote from: cdelaney on December 01, 2015, 08:11:26 am
It's fair to keep this HS Heisman list to the top 4 teams, similar to actual Heisman I guess- best player on the best team usually. So I'll vote for Pipkin.
But the best football player in 3A is Allie Freeman. What he did this year, with much less of a supporting cast, was amazing (even remarkable?).
lol so you saying Langston has a better supporting cast than Freeman, too funny. With 8 total td"s and 2 two point conversions, Langston actually scored the same amount of points as ECS 52-52. 8) 8)

cdelaney

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2015, 08:14:54 am
lol so you saying Langston has a better supporting cast than Freeman, too funny. With 8 total td"s and 2 two point conversions, Langston actually scored the same amount of points as ECS 52-52. 8) 8)
Thanks for proving my point. Langston is great, no disagreement there, and he would make any team better. Looks like he averaged about 200 yds per game all year then went for 450+ vs ECS. Any RB  who averaged ~150 per game this year went for 250+ when they played ECS. We had a bunch of young, small OL and DL kids who played their butts off this year, but they were overmatched in every game. Crest had one of the best OLs we faced all year. So yeah, Freeman's supporting cast nowhere near as strong as Langston's.

ISU7

Quote from: cdelaney on December 01, 2015, 08:56:04 am
Thanks for proving my point. Langston is great, no disagreement there, and he would make any team better. Looks like he averaged about 200 yds per game all year then went for 450+ vs ECS. Any RB  who averaged ~150 per game this year went for 250+ when they played ECS. We had a bunch of young, small OL and DL kids who played their butts off this year, but they were overmatched in every game. Crest had one of the best OLs we faced all year. So yeah, Freeman's supporting cast nowhere near as strong as Langston's.
ECS had a good team. 8)

cdelaney

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2015, 09:10:51 am
Quote from: cdelaney on December 01, 2015, 08:56:04 am
ECS had a good team. 8)
Thanks

Longfellow

WHITEchicken

purifoy from smackover. he is a beast on offense and defense. does pipkin or langston play defense?

OB11

Quote from: WHITEchicken on December 01, 2015, 10:00:31 am
purifoy from smackover. he is a beast on offense and defense. does pipkin or langston play defense?

I think Langston plays sparingly on defense.

KOJACK

Sometimes safety, sometimes mike

SR30

My vote for Pipkin. GR had no answer for him. He is probably still throwing the ball down field on our secondary in his dreams at night lol. GR held Langston to 98yds Friday night with 60 of them being on one play. So from our point of view Pipkin was the more dominant player for sure.

redandgray

Two totally different players, offenses, schemes...hard to compare a great QB and great RB. 

OB11

I think this argument comes down to which player is most important to their respective team?  If you take that player away, would they still be successful?  It's very difficult to compare players that play different positions.  I guess I view the Heisman as a most valuable player type of award as opposed to the "best" overall player because there are so many different positions in this game.  I don't feel like the best player has always won the Heisman, but the player that meant the most to their team did. 

adaptedtigerfan

I think the argument between the 2 would be...   If you take Pipkin off of Prescott's team could they still win games?  I say yes.   Could you take Langston off if Rivercrest team and them still win?   I say no.     There for I would have to swing my vote to Langston.    That doesn't change the fact that I think Prescott wins @ WMS by 3Tds whoever they play.

OB11

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 01, 2015, 12:06:17 pm
I think the argument between the 2 would be...   If you take Pipkin off of Prescott's team could they still win games?  I say yes.   Could you take Langston off if Rivercrest team and them still win?   I say no.     There for I would have to swing my vote to Langston.    That doesn't change the fact that I think Prescott wins @ WMS by 3Tds whoever they play.

I agree with you.  The best player isn't always on the best team. 

cdelaney

cdelaney

I haven't seen Smackover this year but based on previous experience I would put Purifoy way ahead of Jones. He's this year's version of Hempstead on that team.
Jones is the one on this list most likely to be successful at the next level but that's a different question.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: cdelaney on December 01, 2015, 01:33:04 pm
I haven't seen Smackover this year but based on previous experience I would put Purifoy way ahead of Jones. He's this year's version of Hempstead on that team.
Jones is the one on this list most likely to be successful at the next level but that's a different question.

I agree with you. 17 TDs. 115 or so tackles. Close to 1000 yrds rushing (don't quote me on that). Easily could have huge rushing yards on any other team that didn't have 4 or 5 backs rotating in and out. Kid is a stud

Proud Buckaroo

Not to mention all his extra points kicked! lol.

Lineman

Was he using a square toe kicking shoe?  Looked like it two weeks ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas