• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A in 2016 (offseason chatter)

Started by beach bum, November 28, 2015, 08:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 28, 2015, 08:38:58 pm Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:06:43 pm by beach bum
1)Greenland- even with some key losses I think the absence of West Fork makes this the Pirates league

2)Elkins- they seem to be making small strides each year lately

3)Clinton- a move to 3A will be welcomed

4)Melbourne- a move back to the 1-3A will be enjoyed in the form of a playoff berth

5)Mountain View- even with some major departures they can still snag a playoff berth

6)Green Forest

7)Yellville Summit

8)Marshall

****NOTES
-I see any of the top 3 having a shot at the conference title
-The bottom five all have a realistic shot at the last two playoff spots
-Logistically this conference makes ZERO sense

Greenlndfan

People want to complain about distance to play in conference try the 1 3a out and then you have something to complain about !!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Greenlndfan on November 28, 2015, 08:47:54 pm
People want to complain about distance to play in conference try the 1 3a out and then you have something to complain about !!

Have your school petition to Change it, instead of voting to accept it.

Clara Allen

November 28, 2015, 09:49:26 pm #3 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:51:25 pm by warriorsforever2
Greenland to Clinton and Mountain View is a pretty rugged trip.  Goodness!   A few years ago, Lamar was traveling the lovely back roads to get to Green Forest, Marshall, and Mountain View.  Forever trips on a bus.   Oh crap, I missed Melbourne!   What in the world- how can they possibly be considered west???

Greenlndfan

Don't forget Marshall a day yellville !!

Clara Allen

beach bum

November 28, 2015, 11:08:01 pm #6 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:17:53 pm by beach bum
If Greenland returns a good nucleus of lineman I could see them winning it. Do any Greenland posters know what they have back up front? The games they played well they seemed pretty physically imposing on the rest of the 1-3A. West Fork was able to beat them because West Fork's sound & physical play. No one else could match that with Greenland in the regular season.

Greenlndfan

3 seniors is what they will be losing but they do have a couple of 10th graders that should be good next year

Paperman

The travel in this conference sucks! I feel sorry for y'all

imtie

Whats the longest distance? 6-3a has 5 schools that will travel across the bottom of the state for 3 to 3 1/2 one way to a conference game!

beach bum

Clinton is a mystery team for sure.... any assembling of some talent and they could win a couple playoff games at the 3A level in one of these next two years. Will their numbers be on the decline in 3A though? I imagine they will a little bit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas