• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Crest @ Smackover.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 27, 2015, 09:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who advances?

Smackover.
63 (62.4%)
Rivercrest.
38 (37.6%)

Total Members Voted: 101

imtie

Who will be making the trip to smackover this Friday?

Paperman

Quote from: imtie on November 29, 2015, 06:18:29 am
Who will be making the trip to smackover this Friday?

I will be there! Looking forward to this one, no matter the outcome!

imtie

As am I. but I care about the outcome lol

Paperman

Obviously I would prefer a Colts victory! Then I would get to go to War Memorial for the second time in six years for a championship game. But I believe it will be a tall order for RHS to win on the road against a very good bunch of Buckaroos!

State champs 2010

Quote from: bootlegger on November 29, 2015, 01:57:32 am
word has it that the lineman from rivercrest that was injured in the osceola game may get to come back for the smackover game
yes the 6'5 300 pound lineman will be back this week

imtie

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 29, 2015, 09:35:34 am
word has it that the lineman from rivercrest that was injured in the osceola game may get to come back for the smackover game

almost sounds like to big to be fast!

State champs 2010

Quote from: imtie on November 29, 2015, 09:39:13 am
Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 29, 2015, 09:35:34 am
if you look at him he don't look 300. He's actually got good quick feet for his size.

almost sounds like to big to be fast!

Radiotalker

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 27, 2015, 10:59:28 pm
Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 27, 2015, 10:56:58 pm
I was just asking. I thought someone was kiding. I hope the bucks can contain the river crest running back. Did yall have some guys hurt when yall played manila or they needed a lose to bring them down to earth?

I wouldn't say they "needed" the loss...they just kind of overlooked that game.  Manila was a lot better this year than they have been and the Colts went into that game thinking they were playing the Lions of seasons past.  Manila executed their game plan and deserved the win. 

I'm still amazed they lost to Manila, and after watching Oklahoma play last night, how did they lose to Texas? My point....both are the hottest teams and playing good ball right now. It seems like the loss lit a fire in both of them.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 29, 2015, 09:47:06 am
I was just asking. I thought someone was kiding. I hope the bucks can contain the river crest running back. Did yall have some guys hurt when yall played manila or they needed a lose to bring them down to earth?

I wouldn't say they "needed" the loss...they just kind of overlooked that game.  Manila was a lot better this year than they have been and the Colts went into that game thinking they were playing the Lions of seasons past.  Manila executed their game plan and deserved the win. 

I'm still amazed they lost to Manila, and after watching Oklahoma play last night, how did they lose to Texas? My point....both are the hottest teams and playing good ball right now. It seems like the loss lit a fire in both of them.
these boys are fired up and playing good football my friend!!

imtie

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 29, 2015, 09:52:40 am

these boys are fired up and playing good football my friend!!

Guna be an awesome game!!

Black and Gold

I'll take the Crest. No score on this one though. Smack struggled at just the right time to sway my mind on this one.

Black and Gold

However, I will not be surprised at all if the Bucks take this one. They'll need to cut out the penalties for that to happen.

ISU7

Exactly Radio talker. :o 8)

imtie

Quote from: Black and Gold on November 29, 2015, 10:22:35 am
However, I will not be surprised at all if the Bucks take this one. They'll need to cut out the penalties for that to happen.

That ant no lie! It was like playing in fouke. Every time something good happened another penalty  ::)

Proud Buckaroo

West fork had 3 penalties. Smackover had atleast 18. Every big play we had there was a flag for a hold, or a block in the back.

Black and Gold

Pretty lopsided. Let the kids decide these games.

imtie

Proud Buckaroo

November 29, 2015, 12:05:08 pm #67 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:07:04 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Smackover had plenty of time to make another touchdown on the west fork 10 yard line with a minute left. No time outs. But, they took a knee twice and took the win. It was obvious they were just ready to get the game over with. I spoke with a person that was there and it was pretty obvious that is was lopsided. I listened to it on the radio and our announcer was pretty unsure about some of the penalties against us.  Oh well. We won. Time to move on from that and prepare for the next game!

I'm glad it will be at home. Go bucks!

ISU7

November 29, 2015, 12:26:50 pm #68 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:32:42 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 29, 2015, 11:58:13 am
West fork had 3 penalties. Smackover had atleast 18. Every big play we had there was a flag for a hold, or a block in the back.
PB I feel you on that. it was the same way in 2010 when the 13-0 Colts had to travel cross state to play the 11-2 Tigers . Two big td's called back and a number of big runs and pass plays for first downs  nullified by phantom penalties aka hold or block in the back lol. 8)

imtie

Quote from: ISU7 on November 29, 2015, 12:26:50 pm
PB I feel you on that. it was the same way in 2010 when the 13-0 Colts had to travel cross state to play the 11-2 Tigers . Two big td's called back and a number of big runs and pass plays for first downs  nullified by phantom penalties aka hold or block in the back lol. 8)
Glad to see it was more than just us!

ISU7

Quote from: imtie on November 29, 2015, 01:27:35 pm
Imtie it was terrible,  We were standing alone the fence and one of the guys with me hollered out those calls are ridiculous,  the side judge turned around and said, you aint seen nothing yet wait til the 2nd half, UNBELIEVABLE.  :o

Paperman

Yep! The Colts won that game despite having to play against 16 most of the night!

imtie

Quote from: ISU7 on November 29, 2015, 01:34:09 pm
Quote from: imtie on November 29, 2015, 01:27:35 pm
Imtie it was terrible,  We were standing alone the fence and one of the guys with me hollered out those calls are ridiculous,  the side judge turned around and said, you aint seen nothing yet wait til the 2nd half, UNBELIEVABLE.  :o
I believe you!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on November 29, 2015, 01:47:18 pm
Yep! The Colts won that game despite having to play against 16 most of the night!
+1

imtie

it really needs to quit raining :'(

ISU7

Quote from: imtie on November 29, 2015, 04:13:19 pm
it really needs to quit raining :'(
Yep been raining here since Friday.  It really wasn't all that bad during the game. Started raining a lil harder in the latter minutes of the 4th at.🏈☔💦💧💦💧

Proud Buckaroo

It never stopped raining in west fork and it was 40 degrees. Some of the players were shaking on the sideline because they were soaked from the field and rain.

Proud Buckaroo

Does Rivercrest travel well? Smackover had way more fans than west fork did Friday.

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 27, 2015, 09:34:24 pm
I don't think any of my fellow Rivercrest fans would disagree with me here, but I think Rivercrest has the longest shot of the 4 teams left to make the finals.  I would love to be wrong, but the Colts face a tough test going to Smackover. 

I don't know that anyone really thought Rivercrest had much of a chance to make the semi's.  In my opinion they have really overachieved this season.  Maybe they can keep that rolling for another week.  They have definitely come a long way since the loss at Manila.  Go Colts!!
Have distant family from there by marriage. They actually don't live there but they're close. They talked all year about how river crest wasn't good and how they're all surprised at the team. Idk if the die hard RC fans are like that but sounds like they're a nice surprise to the town

WHITEchicken

any stats for the colts that yall could give? passing, rushing, any studs on defense?

Paperman

I don't believe he has been cleared to play as of yet. The same thing was rumored before the Glen Rose game. I am hearing he is out for the year. If he plays, the Colts are just that much better on both sides of the ball.

Proud Buckaroo

You can go to maxpreps and look up their team. I believe the stats are entered there.

Headhunter15

Rivercrest runs the same offense mc gehee and fouke run? The wing T and all that close misdirection stuff? Am I correct?

Proud Buckaroo

Which kid is going to be your QB? On Maxpreps. I see #7 has fumbled the ball 16 times as a QB.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 29, 2015, 06:37:47 pm
Which kid is going to be your QB? On Maxpreps. I see #7 has fumbled the ball 16 times as a QB.
7 will be qb. A lot of them are bad snaps 4 ft over his head. They had problems earlier in the year but don't think they have problems with snaps in the past 4 games.

Paperman

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 29, 2015, 06:59:55 pm
7 will be qb. A lot of them are bad snaps 4 ft over his head. They had problems earlier in the year but don't think they have problems with snaps in the past 4 games.

The other fumbles were mainly snaps at his knees or below!

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 29, 2015, 05:31:47 pm
Does Rivercrest travel well? Smackover had way more fans than west fork did Friday.
Yes indeed. RC fans will be there...🏈🏈🏇🏇

coltsqb97

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 08:31:23 pm
Smackover, I don't think Rivercrest can stay in there but then Smackover didn't score much on Westfork in all the slop.  That was surprising.  Might have been coaching?

when you get hit with
3 or 4 yellow flags on every offensive series.........you are lucky to score 15 points...................absolutely the most lopsided officiating i have ever witnessed, almost unbelievable, the refs themselves looked embarrassed...........on a mutual field with unbiased officials....smackover beats WF by 40 everytime.

BUCK FEVER

i did not see the mcgehee-fouke game in 2013....but this had to be close.

BUCK FEVER

refs cost the bucks at least 30 points.

BUCK FEVER

refs intentionally kept this game close.....I don't give dammmmmmmmmmnnnn who agrees or disagrees

BUCK FEVER

November 29, 2015, 09:47:23 pm #92 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:56:35 pm by BUCK FEVER
i'm done.

no, I'm not done..................Jordan Jones was RAPED byr 2  defenders 3 SECONDS BEFORE THE BALL GOT CLOSE TO HIM.........................2 OFFICIALS RIGHT THERE WATCHING HIM GET RAPED........THEY BOTH TURN AND WALK OFF..........UNBELIEVABLE.!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I'm done.

OB11

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on November 29, 2015, 05:54:26 pm
I don't think any of my fellow Rivercrest fans would disagree with me here, but I think Rivercrest has the longest shot of the 4 teams left to make the finals.  I would love to be wrong, but the Colts face a tough test going to Smackover. 

I don't know that anyone really thought Rivercrest had much of a chance to make the semi's.  In my opinion they have really overachieved this season.  Maybe they can keep that rolling for another week.  They have definitely come a long way since the loss at Manila.  Go Colts!!
Have distant family from there by marriage. They actually don't live there but they're close. They talked all year about how river crest wasn't good and how they're all surprised at the team. Idk if the die hard RC fans are like that but sounds like they're a nice surprise to the town

I would say this team has overachieved this year.  There are always those fans that think their team has state champ potential every year but I honestly didn't hear much talk about a title run before the season started for the Colts.  A conference championship was definitely a possibility but after that I think most Rivercrest fans felt that any playoff wins were just icing on the cake.  Where the team is now is a pleasant surprise for sure. 

ISU7

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 29, 2015, 09:50:14 pm
Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on November 29, 2015, 05:54:26 pm

I would say this team has overachieved this year.  There are always those fans that think their team has state champ potential every year but I honestly didn't hear much talk about a title run before the season started for the Colts.  A conference championship was definitely a possibility but after that I think most Rivercrest fans felt that any playoff wins were just icing on the cake.  Where the team is now is a pleasant surprise for sure.
Yep you can say we would beat Cedarville, but if the team making a run why not have faith for your team until the run is ended. 🏈🏈🏈🏈 Go Colts.  2015 3A State football final four.

Paperman

This Rivercrest team has come far since losing to Paragould in week one!

Black and Gold

BUCK FEVER eat a snickers.
Why?
You're not you when you're hungry.
OUR STEED OF RUNNER BACKS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR'S!! THESE SENIOR BUCKS ARE THE PEE WEE WORLD CHAMPS!!!

OB11

November 29, 2015, 11:58:04 pm #97 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:59:47 pm by OliverBoy11
Quote from: Paperman on November 29, 2015, 11:27:14 pm
This Rivercrest team has come far since losing to Paragould in week one!

Rivercrest won that game by 1.  Could have easily gone the other way though. 

WHITEchicken

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 29, 2015, 06:59:55 pm

Out of the wing T? Either your QB isn't over an inch tall or you have a terrible center...haha

Proud Buckaroo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas