• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Crest @ Smackover.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 27, 2015, 09:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who advances?

Smackover.
63 (62.4%)
Rivercrest.
38 (37.6%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 29, 2015, 09:47:23 pm
i'm done.

no, I'm not done..................Jordan Jones was RAPED byr 2  defenders 3 SECONDS BEFORE THE BALL GOT CLOSE TO HIM.........................2 OFFICIALS RIGHT THERE WATCHING HIM GET RAPED........THEY BOTH TURN AND WALK OFF..........UNBELIEVABLE.!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I'm done.

Why are you the only one that complains about the officials?  You complain when y'all lose and complain when you win.  Beats anything I've ever smelt, felt, or stepped in.  You blamed last years championship game on the officials.  If my memory serves me right you griped because they never should have gave a personal on JJ for the throat slash when the young man was laid out.  And you said there should have been a flag on the last play of the game.    Didn't the refs "cheat" you out of the Skull Dragging you took from Glen Rose in 13?   Get real man! 

State champs 2010

Quote from: Paperman on November 29, 2015, 11:27:14 pm
This Rivercrest team has come far since losing to Paragould in week one!
they didn't loose to Paragould.

Paperman

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 30, 2015, 07:12:42 am
they didn't loose to Paragould.
Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 30, 2015, 12:30:31 am
Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 29, 2015, 06:59:55 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 29, 2015, 06:37:47 pm
Which kid is going to be your QB? On Maxpreps. I see #7 has fumbled the ball 16 times as a QB.
7 will be qb. A lot of them are bad snaps 4 ft over his head. They had problems earlier in the year but don't think they have problems with snaps in the past 4 games.

Out of the wing T? Either your QB isn't over an inch tall or you have a terrible center...haha

My bad, I meant to say narrow win over a bad Paragould team! Line play has improved tremendously since that game! As for the bad snaps, the Colts changed their offense this season to the sets they are using now. Had used more of a spread look. Most of those bad snaps happened with the qb not under center! RHS has come far since beginning to now! My apologies for my error!

State champs 2010

And 7 will most likely be wearing number 4. I guess coach forgot to order a 7 white! Lol

Lineman

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on November 30, 2015, 06:07:14 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 29, 2015, 09:47:23 pm
i'm done.

no, I'm not done..................Jordan Jones was RAPED byr 2  defenders 3 SECONDS BEFORE THE BALL GOT CLOSE TO HIM.........................2 OFFICIALS RIGHT THERE WATCHING HIM GET RAPED........THEY BOTH TURN AND WALK OFF..........UNBELIEVABLE.!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I'm done.

Why are you the only one that complains about the officials?  You complain when y'all lose and complain when you win.  Beats anything I've ever smelt, felt, or stepped in.  You blamed last years championship game on the officials.  If my memory serves me right you griped because they never should have gave a personal on JJ for the throat slash when the young man was laid out.  And you said there should have been a flag on the last play of the game.    Didn't the refs "cheat" you out of the Skull Dragging you took from Glen Rose in 13?   Get real man!
Don't you know it's always somebody else's fault. Next year their mascot will be the Demi-gods.

BuckarooFire

He has aloint on the officials .. thhat was a dirty game we just simply were the better team

BuckarooFire

Hey anyway looking foward to this game. Proud of my boys out there.

BuckarooFire

About the refs in Glen Rose lol i blame the turf lol I went tho that one too. That team didnt even really show up that game the atmosphere was garbage. I really was dissapointed in the way they played. Its like they weren't even the same team.

ISU7

The Crest won this game 14-13....C'mon mannnnnnnn!!!!!!!! lol

ISU7

Which kid is going to be your QB? On Maxpreps. I see #7 has fumbled the ball 16 times as a QB.
7 will be qb. A lot of them are bad snaps 4 ft over his head. They had problems earlier in the year but don't think they have problems with snaps in the past 4 games.

Out of the wing T? Either your QB isn't over an inch tall or you have a terrible center...haha
RiverCrest run the pistol formation sometimes, so there you have it.

WHITEchicken

oh ok. I was about to say a 1 inch tall qb might be hard to tackle. so your qb has a different number when they play in red and white?

State champs 2010

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 30, 2015, 09:39:36 am
oh ok. I was about to say a 1 inch tall qb might be hard to tackle. so your qb has a different number when they play in red and white?
7 red 4 white. Unless they ordered one in the past 4 weeks. Is there any good places to eat in snackover? Plan on coming down early to check the town out!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 30, 2015, 09:42:23 am
Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 30, 2015, 09:39:36 am
7 red 4 white. Unless they ordered one in the past 4 weeks. Is there any good places to eat in snackover? Plan on coming down early to check the town out!
eat in Eldorado.

WHITEchicken

pizza pro- pizza
copper pot- soul food
a1 pawn- very good sandwiches. dont let the name fool you, it is a restaurant.

OB11

First 5 games or so I'd say 90% or more of the plays were out of shotgun.  Moved to more under center about midway through the season.

Headhunter15

watch rivercrest highlights and tell me what y'all think of that "big line" is 77 the 6'3 300 pounder lol? their lineman don't block they just stand up and shove for about a second or two then trot around. come on now

Headhunter15

running back is the real deal from what i see but idk about the line

State champs 2010

That "big line" struggled the first half of the season but they have really stepped it up later on in the season. Not perfect but just enough to let Langston find a lane and it don't take much for him to find it..

Coltfan2005

So it has started. Smackover posters are making excuses for a narrow win last week and trying to tear down the Rivercrest team.

Coltfan2005

Redwolves8526

Smackover in a close one. Rivercrest D has played better of late, but Smackover is on a different level. Good luck to the Colts

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 30, 2015, 01:11:31 pm
So it has started. Smackover posters are making excuses for a narrow win last week and trying to tear down the Rivercrest team.

No one is making any excuses. I'm done talking about last week. We won, and that's what matters.

Let's discuss this game..

Headhunter15

I thought excuses came when one party got the bad side of a deal or lost. Smackover won? Them excuses are called complaints

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 30, 2015, 01:23:16 pm
Smackover in a close one. Rivercrest D has played better of late, but Smackover is on a different level. Good luck to the Colts

A different level of what? No offense to your conf but CHG and West Fork are the only really good 3A teams you played this year. You can mention Fouke and others but if they hadn't played in your conf their record would look different. Rivercrest had the same issues, which is why Colt posters are talking about the heart and improvement of these young men. Smackover is on the same level as the other teams that are left. Whine about conditions and officials but West Fork proved that last Friday.

Proud Buckaroo

November 30, 2015, 02:51:50 pm #126 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:58:10 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Only good 3A teams we have played? lol..

Since you wanted to bring that up. Fordyce? Ever heard of them?

Let's even bring up Manila. You lost to them. We mercy ruled them.

So..... What's that prove?

Proud Buckaroo

It proves absolutely nothing. Can we stop talking about previous games? Let's talk about the game at hand. If that's even possible...... Geez. ::)

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 02:51:50 pm

hoxie also mercy ruled Manila and we beat hoxie.. Same thing.. Y'all keep talking about Manila if you want.. I promise it won't be a cake walk Friday..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 30, 2015, 02:57:05 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 02:51:50 pm

hoxie also mercy ruled Manila and we beat hoxie.. Same thing.. Y'all keep talking about Manila if you want.. I promise it won't be a cake walk Friday..

I don't care if Manila beat you. I don't care who beat who. I want to talk about THIS game.

Headhunter15

And I thought rivercrest posters were cool ???

nmyeyes

Colt fans, If you spend the night make sure you find the Spud Nut place for the best Donut you will ever eat!!!!!!!!! it's in Eldorado.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 30, 2015, 03:02:03 pm
And I thought rivercrest posters were cool ???

And we thought you weren't a whiner. Guess we were both wrong.

Proud Buckaroo

When someone wants to actually talk about this game. Let me know...

Black and Gold

I'll talk with you PB? Have the Bucks seen a back the caliber of Langston? Do you think they will try to load the box more to contain him?

Black and Gold

And Colts. If they load the box, can you guys air it out?

Headhunter15

Quote from: Black and Gold on November 30, 2015, 04:42:12 pm

Who's rivercrests' go to receiver in a passing situation?

Proud Buckaroo

Looking at Rivercrest's max preps. They have 880 yards recieving and 3,800 yards rushing on the year.

I think Gates is a good back. I don't think he is close to being as good as langston. I really think langston's advantage is his big linemen. A lot of times he tries to get between the tackles of the 300lb linemen and tries to beat you up the middle. I don't think we need to stack the box though. Because they do have some receivers.

I want to know though.. Who will guard Jordan Jones? Will they play man on man and hope we don't beat you, or will he be double covered?

Headhunter15

Any defensive highlights against ECS? Probably the same game plan from that night id think

State champs 2010

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 30, 2015, 04:46:33 pm
Quote from: Black and Gold on November 30, 2015, 04:42:12 pm

Who's rivercrests' go to receiver in a passing situation?
#15 Peyton Adams. 6'0 165. Also have 2 recivers 6'4 and 6'6 but hardly ever use them. Stopping Cecil Langston is the hard part.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 04:47:10 pm
Looking at Rivercrest's max preps. They have 880 yards recieving and 3,800 yards rushing on the year.

I think Gates is a good back. I don't think he is close to being as good as langston. I really think langston's advantage is his big linemen. A lot of times he tries to get between the tackles of the 300lb linemen and tries to beat you up the middle. I don't think we need to stack the box though. Because they do have some receivers.

I want to know though.. Who will guard Jordan Jones? Will they play man on man and hope we don't beat you, or will he be double covered?
thats a good question! Coach better figure it out quick!! Or it will be a long night for the colts!!

Proud Buckaroo

I assume since langston only has 98 yards against Glen Rose. I didn't watch much film on that game. But it did appear that they sent the house. Who accounted for the 20 points scored? Langston still? I did see a lot of arm tackling with ECS a though. You cannot do that against a back like Langston. Tackling him low is a bad thing. You need to tackle him high and knock him down.

Headhunter15

It stopped raining earlier but still no sun. I hope for the field to dry quick so there will be a 100% even playing field

Beaver Fever

Tackle him high ?   Not sure I've ever seen when this is a good idea

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 04:57:39 pm
I assume since langston only has 98 yards against Glen Rose. I didn't watch much film on that game. But it did appear that they sent the house. Who accounted for the 20 points scored? Langston still? I did see a lot of arm tackling with ECS a though. You cannot do that against a back like Langston. Tackling him low is a bad thing. You need to tackle him high and knock him down.
he scored 1! The full back broke one and later scored. And had a td pass to #10. Had another td pass got called back. That game could have easily been 27-0

Proud Buckaroo

All of his films that have seen. Every one is trying to tackle him low. He breaks the arm tackles, or just hurdles over the would be tackler. So, yes. It is a better tackle him high, and wrap up. Bringing him down.

Black and Gold

If the ground attack is working for the Bucks, I don't see them throwing it at all. Purifoy and Edwards make a great combo. Is the Colts secondary gonna be able to hang with the Bucks?

Headhunter15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 30, 2015, 05:09:24 pm
All of his films that have seen. Every one is trying to tackle him low. He breaks the arm tackles, or just hurdles over the would be tackler. So, yes. It is a better tackle him high, and wrap up. Bringing him down.

Or just gang tackle. Haven't seen a back of this caliber come to smackover since Dixon .

Proud Buckaroo

Gang tackling is probably going to be our best bet. Seen where he has broken several one man tackles.

You're right, Man.

Edwards has definitely gotten better as the year as gone on. Dewayne is still pretty good himself. If they cannot stop our run. We should just keep getting ppositive yardage every play.

Jordan/Corbin Lee make a good combination for the pass as well. That catch Corbin made that he was bobbling against charleston. He got nailed by Flanagan. But yet, he still held onto the ball. Got up like nothing happened.

Proud Buckaroo

How many colts players play both ways? How much depth do you guys have ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas