• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Crest @ Smackover.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 27, 2015, 09:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who advances?

Smackover.
63 (62.4%)
Rivercrest.
38 (37.6%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Proud Buckaroo

Coltfan2005

WPWells

I'll take Smack by 14. This will be a track meet if the weather is nice

Headhunter15

I hope for no rain this whole week. Much respect for Rivercrest and how they handled glen rose  ;D

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover plays better at home. Look forward to this matchup. Hopefully we can keep Langston in check. He will still get his. I'm going to be a homer and pick Smackover by two scores.

Paperman

No angst against the Buckaroos! Look forward to the game, just wish it was closer to home🏈

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest is not West Fork. If it is raining and nasty, Colts by 4.

Proud Buckaroo

And Smackover is not Glen rose. Glen Rose is a two man offense. Smackover still got the win. Rather it be close or not.

Smackover plays a lot better at home. Since 1987. They haven't lost a home playoff game.

OB11

I don't think any of my fellow Rivercrest fans would disagree with me here, but I think Rivercrest has the longest shot of the 4 teams left to make the finals.  I would love to be wrong, but the Colts face a tough test going to Smackover. 

I don't know that anyone really thought Rivercrest had much of a chance to make the semi's.  In my opinion they have really overachieved this season.  Maybe they can keep that rolling for another week.  They have definitely come a long way since the loss at Manila.  Go Colts!!

State champs 2010

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 27, 2015, 09:33:45 pm
And Smackover is not Glen rose. Glen Rose is a two man offense. Smackover still got the win. Rather it be close or not.

Smackover plays a lot better at home. Since 1987. They haven't lost a home playoff game.

They haven't had many chances to lose many. 😂

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 27, 2015, 09:35:34 pm

That's not the point. Ha.

Headhunter15

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 27, 2015, 09:35:34 pm

How was basketball practice today?

adaptedtigerfan

Head Lion

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 27, 2015, 09:34:24 pm
I don't think any of my fellow Rivercrest fans would disagree with me here, but I think Rivercrest has the longest shot of the 4 teams left to make the finals.  I would love to be wrong, but the Colts face a tough test going to Smackover. 

I don't know that anyone really thought Rivercrest had much of a chance to make the semi's.  In my opinion they have really overachieved this season.  Maybe they can keep that rolling for another week.  They have definitely come a long way since the loss at Manila.  Go Colts!!
My Lions faced 2 teams that made it to the final 4. Best of luck to my friends at Rivercrest and prayers for all players safety.

State champs 2010

It's gunna be a shootout that's what I'm going to say.. The rain affected the colts offense tonight. Hopefully they will have a dry field next week and watch those colts role!!!! Go colts!!!

Headhunter15

This will be the game of the week

Paperman

It is going to be fun, win or lose! Both teams are happy to still be playing next week! Two weeks to the Rock for two good teams! May the best teams earn their way there!

BuckarooFire

Noooooo ill be on orders this game.. i was hoping wed play in River crest id be right there but, I think My battle buddy and I will be showing up in uniform if we are released in time to make that drive! Either way BUCKAROO FIRE !!! BUUUUUURN IT UP!!

WHITEchicken

Proud Buckaroo

OB11

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 27, 2015, 10:43:42 pm
The Colts lost to manila?

Yeah...let's not talk about it. haha

In all seriousness this team is not playing like the same team that got beat by Manila.  That game was an eye opener.  And the Colts responded. 

State champs 2010

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 27, 2015, 10:43:42 pm
The Colts lost to manila?
teams have been saying that every week since..

WHITEchicken

I was just asking. I thought someone was kiding. I hope the bucks can contain the river crest running back. Did yall have some guys hurt when yall played manila or they needed a lose to bring them down to earth?

OB11

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 27, 2015, 10:56:58 pm
I was just asking. I thought someone was kiding. I hope the bucks can contain the river crest running back. Did yall have some guys hurt when yall played manila or they needed a lose to bring them down to earth?

I wouldn't say they "needed" the loss...they just kind of overlooked that game.  Manila was a lot better this year than they have been and the Colts went into that game thinking they were playing the Lions of seasons past.  Manila executed their game plan and deserved the win. 

WHITEchicken

That can happen. Happens all the time.

redandgray

I'm pulling for my Colts and everyone has counted them out for the past couple of weeks and they keep rolling, but Smackover will be tough to beat.  Great team!  That said, Go Colts!!!

Headhunter15

HeadBussa08

Smack 12-6. gonna be hard for the field to dry out in south Arkansas by next Friday gonna be a tough game for both teams. big plays by purifoy, Jones, and Langston will decide game I imagine.

imtie

what does RC bring to the table besides the running back? The defense looked on point last night.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 27, 2015, 09:24:19 pm
I hope for no rain this whole week. Much respect for Rivercrest and how they handled glen rose  ;D

It's finally raining down here. It didn't rain any yesterday.

Headhunter15

Quote from: imtie on November 28, 2015, 10:13:55 am
what does RC bring to the table besides the running back? The defense looked on point last night.

Offensive line. If Langston is anything like harvell from Gurdon or gates from fordyce  then I like our chances because the defense stepped up last night 7 or 8 times.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 28, 2015, 12:14:26 pm

Offensive line. If Langston is anything like harvell from Gurdon or gates from fordyce  then I like our chances because the defense stepped up last night 7 or 8 times.

Langston is nothing like either of those backs. And, as Glen Rose found out, a team that concentrates on Langston will get beat by the offensive line, #11, #10, and a few others. Smackover will need a balanced defense, stuff that box and they will get beat.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 28, 2015, 12:21:43 pm

Langston is nothing like either of those backs. And, as Glen Rose found out, a team that concentrates on Langston will get beat by the offensive line, #11, #10, and a few others. Smackover will need a balanced defense, stuff that box and they will get beat.

I'm pretty confident with our secondary

WHITEchicken

Yeah I agree with you the bucks secondary is pretty good.

State champs 2010

#1 for rivercrest is a awesome running back. He's a freshman and going to be the next Langston. he needs to get a few Carries next week!! He's got over 40 tackles in 4 games. This kid is a absolute beast he needs to be on offense!!

strongandsteady

2 Prescott vs 3 Harding Academy is going to be Game of the Week for sure. Very anticipated and everyone knew it was coming

strongandsteady

Rivercrest 21 Smackover 20 Upset Alert!!!

Markadomous

I'll eat my crow crest fans. Congrats for the run y'all have made this

Markadomous

Congrats on the run y'all have made this postseason. This game will be a dandy.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on November 28, 2015, 12:43:50 pm

I agree. They have gotten better and better every game. I was impressed with our pass protection last night.

Headhunter15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 28, 2015, 05:56:43 pm
Quote from: LilBeastBIL on November 28, 2015, 12:43:50 pm

I agree. They have gotten better and better every game. I was impressed with our pass protection last night.

I wasn't impressed at all. When you have over 30 yards of sack yardage. Now they were blitzing a lot but it was d lineman getting to him

Iknewthemwhen

Smackover, I don't think Rivercrest can stay in there but then Smackover didn't score much on Westfork in all the slop.  That was surprising.  Might have been coaching?

Proud Buckaroo

I actually meant on the defensive side. Not our offensive pass protection.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 08:31:23 pm
Smackover, I don't think Rivercrest can stay in there but then Smackover didn't score much on Westfork in all the slop.  That was surprising.  Might have been coaching?

What do you know about Rivercrest? Have you seen them play? Have you seen Smackover play?

Headhunter15

Warriors023

The Crest by 3 in a hard fought game

coltsqb97

Langston plays about 1/4 of the snaps on def.

bootlegger

word has it that the lineman from rivercrest that was injured in the osceola game may get to come back for the smackover game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas