• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose vs RiverCrest will be a wet one😞💦💦☔☔

Started by ISU7, November 23, 2015, 08:22:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paperman

Gotten kind of quiet! Beavers must be losing! So sorry, NOT!

OB11

Runfastturnleft

Coltfan2005

Proud Buckaroo

WPWells

OB11

Coltfan2005

Congragulations to the Glen Rose team and coaches on a great year. Be safe going home

Runfastturnleft

Congrats to the Cotton Patch crew.  Always tough to leave RC with a W...

Coltfan2005

Head Lion

pioneers

Congratulations to the colts! Just 1 quick observation Manila beat rivercrest so Manila= top 3 in state lol jk. Proud of the colts. Go win it all.

WPWells

Manila beat Rivercrest
Smackover beat Manila
Smackover > Rivercrest

(Very flawed logic but i couldn't resist)

State champs 2010

Quote from: pioneers on November 27, 2015, 09:46:56 pm
Congratulations to the colts! Just 1 quick observation Manila beat rivercrest so Manila= top 3 in state lol jk. Proud of the colts. Go win it all.
a lot of teams are looking at that game and sayin all we got them.. But it's provin that's was a fluke..  Not knockin Manila at all great program but these colts learned from that game big time!

PermaBan

Losing to Manila was the best thing that could've happened to the colts. They got humbled and it has done wonders for the team.

Paperman

Quote from: PermaBan on November 27, 2015, 09:53:33 pm
Losing to Manila was the best thing that could've happened to the colts. They got humbled and it has done wonders for the team.
Agreed!

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on November 27, 2015, 09:56:05 pm
Quote from: PermaBan on November 27, 2015, 09:53:33 pm
Agreed!

Definitely.  No offense to Manila at all but...that was probably the biggest upset of the season in all of 3A.  Maybe of any classification.  They have really come alive since then. 

beach bum

Boomer

Been viewing this board for a long time and felt it was necessary to apologize on behalf of the Glen Rose community for this Glen Rose Spirit. This guy "was on the team" back when Glen Rose was irrelevant year in and year out in the early 2000's. He doesn't know how to handle a little success like we have been lucky enough to enjoy the last 7 or 8 years. I guess now as a grown man he lives in his parents basement making the entire community cringe with each post. Personally seen the coaching staff walk this man right out the moment he walked in to come visit the office years ago for the way he tends to post on this board. So from the Glen Rose community, we apologize for this troubled guy. Congrats to Rivercrest and good luck next week.

WPWells

Quote from: Boomer on November 27, 2015, 10:12:08 pm
Been viewing this board for a long time and felt it was necessary to apologize on behalf of the Glen Rose community for this clown Glen Rose Spirit. This guy "was on the team" back when Glen Rose was irrelevant year in and year out in the early 2000's. He doesn't know how to handle a little success like we have been lucky enough to enjoy the last 7 or 8 years. I guess now as a grown man he lives in his parents basement making the entire community cringe with each post. Personally seen the coaching staff walk this man right out the moment he walked in to come visit the office years ago for the way he tends to post on this board. So from the Glen Rose community, we apologize for this clown. Congrats to Rivercrest and good luck next week.

+1 he deserves a ban for pure ignorance and stupidity

BuckarooFire

beach bum

Paperman

I didn't think he spoke for the "beaver nation" no offense taken here! Glen Rose had a great year! Nice recovery from 2-8! I am sure good things are to come for the Beavers!

Boomer

It takes alot of great young men to start and continue a winning program. It only takes one misguided adult to tarnish a reputation and perception on what so many young men work for and achieve. Maybe tonight with all the crow he will be a little humbled. This years team turned it around from last year and have nothing to hang their hats about. Rivercrest has a good ball club and Smack won't have a cakewalk.

WHITEchicken

Wow this thread got ridiculous. Sprit has left the building...haha

bootlegger

back to the game for a moment,.i will have to give it to glen rose they had a great game plan to handle langston tonight,other than the long touchdown he had they contained him pretty good i thought.does anyone know what his stats was tonight?

redandgray

Langston had 24 carries - 98 yards and a TD (60 on the TD).  GR did a great job containing him.  Once he gets going, he's tough.  FB Brayden Wilson finished with 8 carries - 82yds and a TD.  The Colts held GR to 34 carries - 97yds rushing.  Jordan Johnson finished with 24 carries - 74yds and a TD.  GR was 9/27 114yds 2 interceptions passing.  The Colts had 36 carries - 201yds rushing (261 total yards).  GR finished with 211 total yards. 

It was a hard fought game.  Praying for safe travels for GR team and fans.  Congrats on your season...you have a good team!

SR30

Congrats to the colts on a great game. GR just couldn't get the offense going for the most part. We had one good drive with some questionable calls but you have to play well enough to overcome that. Several turnovers hurt us as well. I thought our defense stepped up and did everything they could to keep the game in reach. I have to brag on #81 for a awesome playoff season. Anyone who knows the GR program knows freshman do not get playing time on the varsity squad during the playoffs. #81 took that as a challenge and played in every playoff game. He started and played the entire game on defense tonight making some key tackles. Anyway enough of my bragging as its 130am and we just rolled in. Good luck to the colts next week and safe travels. GR season is over so now the work starts preparing for next year.

Maynard G Krebs

Fill in the blank (for 10 points)

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet......except ____ Rose Sprit.

All kidding aside, congrats to GR for a good season and run in the playoffs.  Congrats as well to the Rivercrest Colts.

Fox32

November 28, 2015, 09:50:36 am #129 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:11:20 am by Fox32
Congrats to the Colts on the win and congrats to the beavs on a great season. If someone would have told me that the beavers would hold the Colts to 20 pts I'd a been sure GR would have won.  For a young team the experience they've gained this year should pay huge dividends next year.

Fox32

November 28, 2015, 10:58:47 am #130 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:24:34 am by Fox32
 I've enjoyed watching Jordan Johnson and this group of seniors and want to wish them luck with their plans and decisions for the future. I hope they set their goals high and don't stop until they get there. I played just about everything and there's no sport that even comes close to football IMO.  The game taught us all some of the most important lessons in life and I hope it has done the same for them. "Some people act like football is a matter of life and death and this attitude disappoints me very much because I can assure you it is much, much more important than that". Lol that's a quote from somebody I can't remember who.

GO BEAVERS!

Paperman

Quote from: Fox32 on November 28, 2015, 10:58:47 am
I've enjoyed watching Jordan Johnson and this group of seniors and want to wish them luck with their plans and decisions for the future. I hope they set their goals high and don't stop until they get there. I played just about everything and there's no sport that even comes close to football IMO.  The game taught us all some of the most important lessons in life and I hope it has done the same for them. "Some people act like football is a matter of life and death and this attitude disappoints me very much because I can assure you it is much, much more important than that". Lol that's a quote from somebody I can't remember who.

GO BEAVERS!

+1  Well said sir, well said!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on November 29, 2015, 06:50:39 am

GO BEAVERS!

I guarantee if GR had won this statement would've been wrote some what different, in stead of making little side remarks statements. lol 8) GO COLTS!!!!!!!  it's just a game....

Fox32

Quote from: ISU7 on November 29, 2015, 01:02:18 pm

GO BEAVERS!

I guarantee if GR had won this statement would've been wrote some what different, in stead of making little side remarks statements. lol 8) GO COLTS!!!!!!!  it's just a game....
Wow! Captain Obvious! So let me go out on a limb here and also guarantee that if GR had won my post "would've been some what different". Lol NSS and not sure what you mean by "little side remarks statements". I'm sure you're a very intelligent person  ::), but in the future you should avoid posting something that makes you sound like an idiot. JS

ISU7

Quote from: Fox32 on November 29, 2015, 10:30:03 pm

GO BEAVERS!

Wow! Captain Obvious! So let me go out on a limb here and also guarantee that if GR had won my post "would've been some what different". Lol NSS and not sure what you mean by "little side remarks statements". I'm sure you're a very intelligent person  ::), but in the future you should avoid posting something that makes you sound like an idiot. JS
Lol I'm far from being an Idiot, usually people that calls or gives people a name is speaking for themselves. Lol. On to Smackover for the underdog Colts.

redandgray

GO BEAVERS!
Very well said.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on November 29, 2015, 10:49:06 pm
Quote from: Fox32 on November 29, 2015, 10:30:03 pm

GO BEAVERS!

Lol I'm far from being an Idiot, usually people that calls or gives people a name is speaking for themselves. Lol. On to Smackover for the underdog Colts.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You aren't that far!  :):):)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas