• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference shake ups

Started by xadboy, November 23, 2015, 06:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

What will the 3A4 have in it next year? I've heard Booneville is moving back to 4A and Danville will be moving back to 2A. Are those correct and what if any other changes are they?

Headhunter15

Black and Gold

I believe we get Perryville back. Not sure who else.

Warriors023

Black and Gold

Losing Danville and Lavaca to 2a and Bunnyville to 4a. Will gain Atkins, Cedarville, and Perryville.

Proud Buckaroo

That's going to be such an easy conference. lol.

Lineman

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 23, 2015, 06:55:35 pm
Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Some us aren't thrilled about going to Atkins & Perryville.

RowdyReputation40

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lineman on November 23, 2015, 07:05:59 pm
Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Some us aren't thrilled about going to Atkins & Perryville.

That was my next statement. That's going to be terrible driving there.

WPWells

Charleston, Lamar, and Paris will be three heads and shoulders above everyone else

Shorttimer

Quote from: Lineman on November 23, 2015, 07:05:59 pm
Barton and Marrianna don't feel bad for you at all.

Lineman

I'll feel bad for them. I deal with logistic issues Monday thru Friday & every day I wonder how "educated" people mess up something so easy.

Longfellow

At least Booneville doesn't have to play TR anymore

Paperman

Danville will be tough in 2a next cycle!

Black and Gold

Agree with you on that one Paperman. They've had well deserved and hard earned run in the playoffs.

Shorttimer

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Paperman on November 23, 2015, 09:31:57 pm
Danville will be tough in 2a next cycle!

I suspect they'll compete for a state title.

beach bum

I actually kindly disagree  :) ..... only because I see Lamar and Charleston both being state title contenders. They rest of the conference can be "poo poo" but when you have two legitimate teams capable of winning state going into a season that isn't a weak conference. Paris should be solid too.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on November 23, 2015, 09:58:45 pm

I actually kindly disagree  :) ..... only because I see Lamar and Charleston both being state title contenders. They rest of the conference can be "poo poo" but when you have two legitimate teams capable of winning state going into a season that isn't a weak conference. Paris should be solid too.

Uh...2 good/great teams...and 6 crap teams definitely make a conference a weak conference...the 4-2a vouches for that...haha

beach bum

Quote from: HF on November 23, 2015, 10:01:39 pm
Quote from: beach bum on November 23, 2015, 09:58:45 pm

Uh...2 good/great teams...and 6 crap teams definitely make a conference a weak conference...the 4-2a vouches for that...haha

Haha there is some truth to that..... Those were especially true in the ole Danville and Magazine days around 2010. I remember one time looking and seeing Danville being up on Decatur the year before those twins 63-0 before halftime   :o

nastynice

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 23, 2015, 07:25:09 pm
Charleston, Lamar, and Paris will be three heads and shoulders above everyone else
Exactly, if Paris is heads and shoulders above anyone, then that is the true def of a weak conference.
Go ahead and etch Charleston in the semis next two years, this conf will be as weak as a 2 day old pup. 

Lineman

IMO, Paris for the last few years has had potential. They seen to be right on the door step of success, but tend to self-destruct. Idk if it's coaching, players attitudes, or lack of support from the community. But something seems to hold them back.

Shorttimer

Honestly, crappy conferences are the rule rather than the exception.  And looking at playoff results, I don't think there is a strong correlation between SOS and success in the playoffs.  Win your crappy conference and you've got just as good a shot of running deep into the playoffs as anybody else.

Red Devil Dad

Atkins and Perryville will not be push overs next year. Our Juniors this year at Atkins beat Lamar and lost a close game to Charleston when they were 9th graders. Atkins has a lot of talent coming back next year and some talent coming up.  Perryville has some good players coming back next year that have had some success in the past. Don't be surprised next year when Atkins is in the hunt for a conference championship.   

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 24, 2015, 02:16:02 pm
Atkins and Perryville will not be push overs next year. Our Juniors this year at Atkins beat Lamar and lost a close game to Charleston when they were 9th graders. Atkins has a lot of talent coming back next year and some talent coming up.  Perryville has some good players coming back next year that have had some success in the past. Don't be surprised next year when Atkins is in the hunt for a conference championship.
Haha.

RTF

Quote from: nastynice on November 24, 2015, 05:29:57 am
Exactly, if Paris is heads and shoulders above anyone, then that is the true def of a weak conference.
Go ahead and etch Charleston in the semis next two years, this conf will be as weak as a 2 day old pup.

This Conference will be weak in football... Also, sounds like someone is envious?

xadboy

Quote from: RTF on November 24, 2015, 03:38:29 pm
Quote from: nastynice on November 24, 2015, 05:29:57 am

This Conference will be weak in football... Also, sounds like someone is envious?
Let's see, we have 5 victories in the playoffs so far with the chance for more. Anybody else have 5 wins?

Red Devil Dad

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 24, 2015, 02:29:15 pm
Haha.
We will see next year

Shorttimer

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 24, 2015, 02:29:15 pm
Haha.
I don't know if Perryville can ever get anything going but Atkins is pretty close.  I saw them once this year and they were talented.   I just think it takes a while for a program to become conditioned to winning.  Once they figure that out, they have all the tools to be good.

Black and Gold

I actually agree with Red Devil Dad. Saw that group in Junior High and they should have beat Charleston. We got extremely lucky that game.

BAMA#16

3a4 should be good, CHS returns a lot of starters, Lamar still has Hunter and has some younger kids stepping up in the playoffs, Paris will return a lot of starters on offense, Atkins will be a solid addition, loosing Booneville hurts, they have good talent coming up, I believe it will be a competitive conference.

ChucktownTiger

Paris???? Lol

RTF

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 25, 2015, 12:18:53 pm

Paris???? Lol

Charleston? lol

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: RTF on November 25, 2015, 01:19:03 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 25, 2015, 12:18:53 pm

Paris???? Lol

Charleston? lol

You can lol when Paris actually keeps a game close with Charleston

Lineman

Come on chuck you know they keep the coin toss close every year.

thedirtye

5-3a is losing Episcopal and gaining Gurdon from 2a

Sick Dog

Lamar will find some way to pity themselves and want everyone to feel sorry for them and win some games so everyone will tell DOC how good of a coaching job they are doing by winning a game with no talent.

Black and Gold

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas