• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ELITE 8 Pick em'. Detailed

Started by Headhunter15, November 22, 2015, 01:57:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhunter15

November 22, 2015, 01:57:12 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:39:34 pm by Headhunter15
DOING A PLAYOFF PICK EM' elite 8
This is just for bragging rights and cause I'm bored. Make picks however, My winner Has the score out next to their name in parentheses.

1 West fork
-Don't know too much about them but from what I've read they have 2 or 3 good backs. 1 who's a power runner and 2 who like to get to the sideline and have a race to the end zone. Defense wise I can't tell if their good or not but they made CHG give up the ball on turnovers quite a few so that has to mean something.

1 Smackover (49-16)
-majority a run based team with 5 or 6 great "runner backs" with good speed. Pretty good QB and jones out at receiver as a major threat anytime the ball is his way. Defense is solid and it will not be easy to score on. They proved they can stop the pass which was a question mark through the season due to their 2 losses coming at the hands of passing teams. This team is on a mission to get back to WMS.

1 Rivercrest (56-35)
- Langston I believe had 7 total TD's the other night. Out ran and played the ecs defense to lead his team to victory. He will get his this week win or lose They have a pretty big O-line that blocks good. Defensive I believe they will be able to keep glen rose in line enough to win.

2 Glen Rose
-they like to give the ball to Johnson and let him do what he does. Nothing wrong with that I see them scoring but not enough to keep up with Langston. Defense glen rose is glen rose. Had Gurdon had more depth for harvell, that outcome may have been different.

1 Danville
-seems to be something about running teams in the playoffs this year. Danville have a couple of stud running backs of their own. They can run. Period. Defense for them I don't know too much about but they aren't the 1 seed in the 4 for nothing.

1 Harding Academy (42-14)
- very good quarter back in Francis. Has height, the arm and isn't afraid to tuck it and run if coverage breaks down. They have a good set of receivers who run good routes. They have to be able to stop danvilles running attack on defense and this win will come fairly easy for them.

** GAME OF THE WEEK**
2 Lamar(31-28)
-injury bug hit them hard to where most wouldn't have thought they would get past round 2. This team is playing with will power, emotion, a third string quarterback and the juice that Ohio state had a year ago. Don't sleep on this team Prescott bystanders.

1 Prescott
-number one quarterback in 3a with over 3,000 yards on the year. Pipkin can pass, run and fill the Gatorade jug if need be. Prescott has the receivers and the quarterback to make it to WMS. Favorite play is that screen or the go up the sidelines. Pipkin can lob it out there and they're receivers will go get it. Prescott has the offense but on the defensive side is a question mark. Teams who have the ability to line up and run it right at them have been successful for the most part. They're soft up front.

RowdyReputation40

Pretty good overall. Prescott has shown improvements on the d line since even playing Bismarck. Chg might not have been the same team that beat Prescott but west fork is good and physical.

Clara Allen

I won't disagree. 
It's a pretty big deal to get this far.  I know, that sounds like "it's an honor to be nominated.." Speech that Actors make.  I'm behind my Warriors all the way and will be in Prescott win lose or draw.   Good luck to everyone involved and fervent prayers that no one gets injured. 

Curleywolf Fan

Pipkin has over 3,000 yards passing probably closer to 4,000.

Markadomous

Pipkin has over 3,600 yards passing. Vanhook  about 1,250 rushing. We are looking for a great game Friday at Prescott. Pulling for my Curley wolves.

Skip Baymore

Great comments Headhunter.

I agree totally with the first pick.  West Fork has earned and deserves to be in the "elite 8" but is probably the number 8 seed.  Smackover will be punished with the road trip but I don't think West Fork has the horses to put up enough resistance to keep this one close.

I am rooting for Rivercrest and might be the only person who isn't a G.R. homer who thinks this will be close.  I hope Im wrong, but Im picking G.R. in a close one.  Go Cecil!

I think H.A. wins this one.   Danville is a very good team, but will need their A+ game, bad weather, and a lot of the right bounces to have a chance to beat H.A.    H.A. is unrelenting offensively and wears you down as the game goes.   And prob. has the best defense Danville has faced this year in 3A.   

Lamar at Prescott.   This Lamar team is much better than a month ago.  They are hobbled but anyone who beats Fordyce is still in it until proven otherwise.  Lamar is going to have to have a repeat performance of a great game to have a chance to win.   Im picking the P-Wolves here but if Im right, Lamar deserves major props. for its season (especially considering the major injuries).  And if Im wrong, they deserve even more props  :).

ISU7

Langston had 8 total td's 7 rushing and 1 receiving, and two 2 pt conversions. What a night. 8)

redandgray

Right, Langston had 8 touchdowns.  7 rushing 1 receiving and had a 70+ yard kickoff return for a TD called back.

adaptedtigerfan

Black and Gold

Headhunter15

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 23, 2015, 01:23:50 pm
Did anyone hear an echo?

To be fair... I didn't hear one, but it's definitely some broken record action goin on lol

Coltfan2005

Of course, if ECS had a short yardage offense to pick up those 2 point conversions......only got 1.

Paperman

Smackover
Rivercrest
Harding Academy
Lamar

These are just my guesses! Good luck to all eight teams, you all have had great seasons but only two can make it to the rock!

Warriors023

Smackover
Rivercrest
Danville
Lamar

Gonna be a rainy day and a cold night Friday should make some of these games a lot more interesting

Paperman

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 23, 2015, 10:09:40 pm
Smackover
Rivercrest
Danville
Lamar

Gonna be a rainy day and a cold night Friday should make some of these games a lot more interesting
Either more interesting or longer nightmares!

strongandsteady

Smackover Glen Rose Harding Prescott all will be in the Semi finals

Warriors023

November 23, 2015, 11:29:19 pm #16 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:31:09 pm by Warriors023
Quote from: Paperman on November 23, 2015, 10:44:11 pm
Smackover
Rivercrest
Danville
Lamar

Could go either way for any of these teams. Cold+rain=big trouble for most passing attacks, which would play to Lamar's strength, stopping the run.

KOJACK

November 24, 2015, 08:01:13 am #17 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:28:02 am by KOJACK
Quote from: Warriors023 on November 23, 2015, 11:29:19 pm
Quote from: Paperman on November 23, 2015, 10:44:11 pm
Smackover
Rivercrest
Danville
Lamar

Could go either way for any of these teams. Cold+rain=big trouble for most passing attacks, which would play to Lamar's strength, stopping the run.
I always hear about this no footing for receivers in the rain, but then doesn't that mean no footing for d backs? If the field is wet and a guy knows where he is going and the other guy doesn't...advantage receiver. I'd be more concerned about a third string qb handling the ball every play in the rain...especially on those zone reads y'all run... We've had 5 games in rain already this year. If you are counting on that to be a factor, don't.

Headhunter15

Lamar has their own special type of rain that makes opposing offenses cough up the ball 7+ times  :o

Coltfan2005

ISU7

Paperman

Quote from: Paperman on November 23, 2015, 09:43:34 pm
Smackover
Rivercrest
Harding Academy
Lamar

These are just my guesses! Good luck to all eight teams, you all have had great seasons but only two can make it to the rock!

Didn't think the Colts would make it to WMS! Boy was I wrong! And I am glad to have been! I don't think it is possible to quantify how much desire and sheer will to win shapes any team!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on December 06, 2015, 11:17:10 pm
Quote from: Paperman on November 23, 2015, 09:43:34 pm
Smackover
Rivercrest
Harding Academy
Lamar

Well said bro. Colts look like a totally different team.. 8) 8)

Didn't think the Colts would make it to WMS! Boy was I wrong! And I am glad to have been! I don't think it is possible to quantify how much desire and sheer will to win shapes any team!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas