• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose @ Rivercrest

Started by Fox32, November 21, 2015, 01:13:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox32

Another long trip for the beavers for an interesting match up. How's it gonna go?

RowdyReputation40

flow51

Another offensive shootout... Better stop that Langston kid or it may be a longer, quiter trip home...
1...2...3... Get On Mr Langston

Fox32

November 21, 2015, 01:48:25 pm #3 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:15:16 pm by Fox32
Quote from: flow51 on November 21, 2015, 01:28:52 pm
Another offensive shootout... Better stop that Langston kid or it may be a longer, quiter trip home...
1...2...3... Get On Mr Langston
Lol Tru Dat. Watched some highlights and he looks like a go getter, but good lord that o-line is ridiculous. #77 #50 and #56 are monsters lol. The beavs have got their work cut out for them again.

Paperman

They are missing a really big one 6-5, 300 who got hurt in the Osceola game. He is supposed to return this week. Clogs up the middle on defense as well. Great run stopper. Just so my friends from Malvern know a little more. The Colts line is huge and they have improve all season. Your kids on the other hand have some great numbers. Looking forward to seeing your qb and Johnson in action. Safe travels for all to Wilson. Hope the weather isn't too bad either.

SR30

Expect to see several players on the GR DL rotate in and out to try and wear down that huge OL of the colts. Gonna have to use speed and technique this week for sure.

State champs 2010

The colts are playing there best football right now! Reminds me of another Arkansas team!!! WPS!!!!! Go colts!!!

Fox32

I just found out that the beavs were without a starting O-Lineman last night and probably won't have him for this game either. Bad news cause you need all hands on deck for the playoffs and especially against a team like Rivercrest

ISU7

As a team Glen Rose have much respect from me. Wishing them and their followers a Happy Thanksgiving, and safe travels to the Patch, the day after. praying for an injury free game.

KOJACK

Unlike some folks from the 5-3A I'm pulling for my friends from Wilson....ain't  that right ISU7  ;D

SR30

Fox his replacement is just as good. He actually had the starting job until he broke his hand early in the season. That freshman they have can carry the load as well. They are using him as multi purpose lol. Played 3qtrs on the DL last night and did well.

Maynard G Krebs

Paperman

10 wins generally indicates a team has some talent! That and scoring nearly 44 points per game! Just saying!

Fox32

November 21, 2015, 06:20:42 pm #13 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:42:53 pm by Fox32
Quote from: Paperman on November 21, 2015, 06:13:55 pm
10 wins generally indicates a team has some talent! That and scoring nearly 44 points per game! Just saying!
"May May" should know the beavs are not bad since they beat his "Tigers"/Knights by 18 or 20 midway thru the season.

Radiotalker

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 21, 2015, 03:14:31 pm
The colts are playing there best football right now! Reminds me of another Arkansas team!!! WPS!!!!! Go colts!!!

Can you imagine if you guys could play some defense?

Coltfan2005

This is where I would point out that Glen Rose has beaten some fairly weak teams this year, along with a few decent ones. Unfortunately their last two games proved they can play and beat good teams just as well. Rivercrest offense will continue to roll, Glen Rose probably will not allow #33 to gain over 400 yards, but he will still rack up over 200 along with a few touchdowns. Colt defense is going to have to step up and play their best game of the year. The defensive backs have got to provide better coverage and the coaches are going to have to turn #11 and #1 loose to blitz a little more than against ECS. I don't see Glen Rose having a back the caliber of the one ECS put on the field. BUT, Glen Rose is a much tougher team than ECS with better coaching, athletes, and experience. It hurts to say this but I see Glen Rose advancing after this game. The Colts could prove me wrong and I hope they make me eat crow all day next Saturday.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 21, 2015, 06:29:22 pm

ECS has put up atleast 20 up on everyone they have played. I kno 52 is very inexcusable but when a team has been known for there offense all year long we knew they was going to score. ECS has 2 very talented young men! Maybe the best WR I've seen this year.

beaverfan007

Hopefully gr shows up with there foot on the gas and holds rivercrest to very few and very little yards

SR30

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 21, 2015, 07:14:22 pm
This is where I would point out that Glen Rose has beaten some fairly weak teams this year, along with a few decent ones. Unfortunately their last two games proved they can play and beat good teams just as well. Rivercrest offense will continue to roll, Glen Rose probably will not allow #33 to gain over 400 yards, but he will still rack up over 200 along with a few touchdowns. Colt defense is going to have to step up and play their best game of the year. The defensive backs have got to provide better coverage and the coaches are going to have to turn #11 and #1 loose to blitz a little more than against ECS. I don't see Glen Rose having a back the caliber of the one ECS put on the field. BUT, Glen Rose is a much tougher team than ECS with better coaching, athletes, and experience. It hurts to say this but I see Glen Rose advancing after this game. The Colts could prove me wrong and I hope they make me eat crow all day next Saturday.

Robinson for ECS has 2094 yds rushing this season
J. Johnson for Glen Rose has 2591yds rushing. So it's safe to say we have a RB with the same caliber as Robinson

redandgray

Glen Rose will easily be the best team we've faced this year. Colts will have to play lights out.

Fox32

November 21, 2015, 09:24:27 pm #20 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:35:30 am by Fox32
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 21, 2015, 07:14:22 pm
#7 (Robinson) is bigger, faster, stronger and would be chosen before Johnson in a pickup game of anything, besides maybe horseshoes. I think the beavs defense has been better than ECS's but it's not because GR has better athletes. And GR went 2-8 last year apparently due to an outbreak of mutiny in their program, so there is very little experience on this team. The coaching staff although classless, knuckle dragging neanderthal meanies, seem to know what they're doing and find a way to win some games that they really shouldn't IMO. GR is a good team that plays aggressive, intense, fun to watch football (most of the time) lol but Rivercrest should win this game. From what ive seen and read Rivercrest definitely has the advantage IMO.
GO BEAVERS!

beaverfan007

Win or lose gr has had a great year but the goal is the state championship and next year will be even better. ..38-28 gr

Paperman

The Rivercrest defense made timely plays last night! Robinson was awesome and Freeman had a heck of a game! I would say they would be more dangerous with any semblance of a passing game!

State champs 2010

November 21, 2015, 10:55:42 pm #23 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:01:21 pm by State champs 2010
Quote from: Paperman on November 21, 2015, 09:59:43 pm

The Rivercrest defense made timely plays last night! Robinson was awesome and Freeman had a heck of a game! I would say they would be more dangerous with any semblance of a passing game!
they did earlier in the year but they seem to have gone away from it. not much but just enough to keep the defense honest. Couple of games had over 100 yards passin. I guess when no one can stop your run game why go away from it??

MustangRampage

I thought Glen Rose executed a well thought out game plan against us Friday night.  They came out throwing early, a lot of short, quick throws.  They had success with that early against a loaded box.  Once the box lightened up, the run game blew up.  We looked pretty confused most of the night.  It was back and forth for a while, but once they stopped us, we really couldn't get back in.

The quarterback is quick to get the ball out and is pretty accurate on the short to intermediate throws.  #33 is as good as advertised.  He's quick, runs hard, and sees the field well.  The receivers do a good job of catching the ball.  Glen Rose isn't the biggest team, but they're quick and athletic.

If someone set an over/under for combined points scored in this game, I would certainly take the over.  This could be an offensive explosion. 

mao

November 22, 2015, 12:56:47 am #25 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:43:42 am by mao
Glen Rose, after last year's record and this year's Presskit hiccup, is playing with house money. Take a little business trip to NEA and continue traveling Arkansas before heading to the Rock. Should be a good time for all. Enjoy the ride GR, you surely have earned it and you most certainly deserve it.

Coltfan97

What about the Colts improvement. Last year this team finished 5-5-1 and a 4th place finish in conference. Great improvement!!

Fox32

Quote from: Coltfan97 on November 22, 2015, 07:37:33 am
What about the Colts improvement. Last year this team finished 5-5-1 and a 4th place finish in conference. Great improvement!!
Don't/didn't mean any disrespect to the Colts. I hope for an injury free game between 2 much improved teams that ends with the beavs somehow finding a way to come up with the W lol

ISU7

Quote from: KOJACK on November 21, 2015, 03:56:33 pm
Unlike some folks from the 5-3A I'm pulling for my friends from Wilson....ain't  that right ISU7  ;D
Fo shizzell (for sure)..lol. Go Curley Wolves...Go Colts......

ISU7

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 21, 2015, 05:18:13 pm
Is GR any good this year?
This question explains the avatar on your profile.....lol

ISU7

They play good enough defense to stop a two point conversion from the 3 yard line. ha!!!!.What's good Radio, my friend. lol  ;D ;) 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Fox32 on November 22, 2015, 08:27:52 am
Don't/didn't mean any disrespect to the Colts. I hope for an injury free game between 2 much improved teams that ends with the beavs somehow finding a way to come up with the W lol
On your post above beaverfan 007, you said the Colts should win this game, C'mon mannnnnnn!!!!!...lol

Fox32

November 22, 2015, 08:46:42 am #32 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:48:16 am by Fox32

Robinson for ECS has 2094 yds rushing this season
J. Johnson for Glen Rose has 2591yds rushing. So it's safe to say we have a RB with the same caliber as Robinson
[/quote]
Im sure ECS has considerable more passing yardage than the mighty beavs this season. Stats don't show the whole picture sometimes

Fox32

Quote from: ISU7 on November 22, 2015, 08:44:38 am
On your post above beaverfan 007, you said the Colts should win this game, C'mon mannnnnnn!!!!!...lol
Lol are you and Kojack thru? Awkward!

ISU7

Quote from: Fox32 on November 22, 2015, 08:53:22 am
Quote from: ISU7 on November 22, 2015, 08:44:38 am
Lol are you and Kojack thru? Awkward!
lol yep your contradicting posts are quite awkward my friend..lol  ;D 8)

Fox32

I'm kidding lol just like to make fun of Kojack every now and then. When I say the Colts have the advantage, I'm going by the eye test, what I can tell by what I see on film and looking at the rosters and stats. The good thing for the beavers is that they don't play the games on paper

ISU7

Quote from: Fox32 on November 22, 2015, 09:02:44 am
I'm kidding lol just like to make fun of Kojack every now and then. When I say the Colts have the advantage, I'm going by the eye test, what I can tell by what I see on film and looking at the rosters and stats. The good thing for the beavers is that they don't play the games on paper
So true, but I do know that Glen Rose is a good team, or they wouldn't be in the 3rd rd. Good luck and safe travels. Bring an umbrella, its calling for showers on this end Friday. ugh!!!!  :( :(

Fox32

Thanks. Rain will make things interesting. Lol

Glen rose sprit

Quote from: mao on November 22, 2015, 12:56:47 am
Glen Rose, after last year's record and this year's Presskit hiccup, is playing with house money. Take a little business trip to NEA and continue traveling Arkansas before heading to the Rock. Should be a good time for all. Enjoy the ride GR, you surely have earned it and you most certainly deserve it.

Plus 2
One two three......... GOML

Proud Gr fan

Where is rivercrest and what is there mascot

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Proud Gr fan on November 23, 2015, 11:24:20 am
Where is rivercrest and what is there mascot
Wilson, Ar......The Colts.......

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: KOJACK on November 21, 2015, 03:56:33 pm
I'm with this guy!!!!    ;D

nmyeyes

cotton patch is a hard place for someone to come in and take a win away! Colts by 6

mao

GR is undefeated at "The Patch", so there's that

redandgray

Yep, last time Glen Rose was here...they promptly beat a bad Rivercrest team 35-3.  Hoping for a much much better game this time around. 

Paperman

That Colts team was undermanned and shortHanded by the end of the 2011 season! I agree with Red and Gray, I am hoping for a better game! But I am afraid the weather is going to suck!

State champs 2010

Hopefully it will be in favor of the colts run game!!

Skip Baymore

November 25, 2015, 12:18:41 am #47 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:21:52 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: redandgray on November 21, 2015, 08:14:50 pm
Glen Rose will easily be the best team we've faced this year. Colts will have to play lights out.

Gosnell is/was better.  But you guys will need to play lights out.  Go Cecil and the Colts.

Paperman

Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 25, 2015, 12:18:41 am
Quote from: redandgray on November 21, 2015, 08:14:50 pm

Gosnell is/was better.  But you guys will need to play lights out.  Go Cecil and the Colts.

Gosnell was the most athletic team, but the Beavers will be the best 3a squad the Colts have faced, hands down!

cdelaney

ECS played these teams just a few weeks apart, so comparison is pretty fresh. GR is the better team and should win by 2+ TDs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas