• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar goes to Prescott how will this play out?

Started by mudd puddle, November 20, 2015, 11:34:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

strongandsteady

Defense has been really solid lately for the Wolves.

ghoti

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2015, 12:23:58 am
Quote from: strongandsteady on November 21, 2015, 07:55:33 pm
Does Lamar have any speed?
Ask Fordyce how fast Hency is, he ran away from them quit a few times when he breaks away he's hard to catch. I'm not sure I'm thinking he Runs around a 4.5 and kern the 6'6 qb runs about a 4.6-4.7
so then the answer is no lol!!!!!

KOJACK

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 21, 2015, 11:32:04 pm
Quote from: xadboy on November 21, 2015, 11:10:57 pm
Think this game could be another shootout, just like Lamar/Fordyce. Can Prescott oline get enough protection against the big dline of Lamar? Lamar's dline can be very disruptive.

How good is Prescott on defense? Are they weak against the run!

Run defense right in the middle is poor. Ask chg and look where they're at right now.
Chg is in the same place that junction is right?

mudd puddle

November 22, 2015, 08:43:09 am #53 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:46:17 am by mudd puddle
Quote from: KOJACK on November 21, 2015, 04:01:22 pm
After watching Lamar and Fordyce from last night I'm still trying to figure out how Lamar pulled it off... Much respect for Lamar doing what they're doing with 2 studs out. Too early for me to pick. Kids out of school, long trip for Lamar, momentum, weather. Just too many factors for me to pick now. I will say this, Lamar better come ready to score, cause Prescott is going to. Early

And often ;D

Fordyce scored in 2 plays doesn't get much quicker then that.

KOJACK

Quote from: mudd puddle on November 22, 2015, 08:43:09 am
Quote from: KOJACK on November 21, 2015, 04:01:22 pm
After watching Lamar and Fordyce from last night I'm still trying to figure out how Lamar pulled it off... Much respect for Lamar doing what they're doing with 2 studs out. Too early for me to pick. Kids out of school, long trip for Lamar, momentum, weather. Just too many factors for me to pick now. I will say this, Lamar better come ready to score, cause Prescott is going to. Early

And often ;D

Fordyce scored in 2 plays doesn't get much quicker then that.
Uh, yea it does... 1 play  ;D

Markadomous

My gosh will b the biggest team we have seen. Are any of the kids being recruited.

Fox32

Quote from: flow51 on November 21, 2015, 10:25:34 pm
Quote from: fbisgreat on November 21, 2015, 10:17:22 pm
The 6'0 210 kid they was talking about was Gates from Fordyce.

In case anyone missed it... I made a mistake by saying that the QB from Lamar was 6'0 220 lbs. I appolgize for spreading inaccurate information and will try my best not to do it again. I'm sure that it won't be the last mistake in my life. Just to clarify he is 6"6 215lbs.  ::)
It's too late I've reported your transgressions to the AAA. They WILL find you and when they do,  you will regret ever being born.

Fox32

November 22, 2015, 09:39:22 am #57 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:40:57 am by Fox32
Oh I almost forgot....Hey Kojack!

One two three...   Get Off My Lawn!

The C Wolves by 16

Sick Dog

Has Prescott ever played Lamar before? if so when? Sounds like P town is the underdog with all these NFL O Line and all these 4.5 backs they have and this disruptive DLine. Dang. I guess Lamar is just unbeatable.

Longfellow

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 22, 2015, 09:45:34 am
Has Prescott ever played Lamar before? if so when? Sounds like P town is the underdog with all these NFL O Line and all these 4.5 backs they have and this disruptive DLine. Dang. I guess Lamar is just unbeatable.
That's what I'm thinking

flow51

Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2015, 09:46:17 am
That's what I'm thinking

I agree sounds like the Wolves mine as well just stay home Friday night. No need to load the bus Lamar. Sounds like you've already got it won!

Sick Dog

for some reason though they didn't win their conference so they aren't unbeatable.

KOJACK

2011...Prescott 68 Lamar 27. I think it was 50-0 at half. But make no mistake about it this Lamar team is solid. I don't think Lamar's big d line will be a factor personally, but what in the world do I know

Clara Allen

2011-  it was awful for us. I was convinced we had been beaten by the new State Champions.  But it is a different team and a way different mind set. 

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 22, 2015, 09:55:31 am
for some reason though they didn't win their conference so they aren't unbeatable.
Yea for some reason. I think we all know the reason if you know anything about anything. If Prescott lost they're qb and 2 best linebackers and biggest receiving threat because he had to switch to qb they probably wouldn't have won conference either. No one said Lamar was unbeatable, but neither is Prescott.

Longfellow

Lamar is a solid team. Threat to Prescott? No. They will have to sack Pipkin every time he drops back in order to stop these receivers. It's just a bad matchup for Lamar

TheTruth2010

Ok I'm not saying we will win, but to say Lamar isn't a threat is pretty pathetic. Especially if it's rainy. Has Prescott played anyone with the size of Lamar? If pipkin is under pressure will he still be as good? We will see I suppose. If we get blown out I'll eat my words, but I don't think we will.

Stoneybologna

The pass threat that Prescott brings worries me. Our secondary does slip up at times and that could be a huge factor in this game. However they have made some big plays in the past, so I'm not saying they won't show up. Our big D-line is going to have to really get after the quarterback for us to keep this one close. How is Prescotts defense?

RowdyReputation40

Defense has had question marks early in the season. They can stop the pass now and they really just don't give up too many big plays and keep it to where their offense can keep scoring. Held Greenland to 7 points and they had a good offense. The d line is small I think three of the 4 starters are only 6 foot or under and one is about 150. With that said they get major pressure on the qb and are well on screens.

Stoneybologna

If that's the case, there will be a big mismatch on the line. If I remember right, the Warriors average about 260 per man on the line. They're big that's for sure, and they're also very physical.

Black and Gold

Lamar's offense may be their best defense this week. Keeping the ball out of Pipkin's hands would serve them well.

xadboy

Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2015, 11:43:33 am
Lamar is a solid team. Threat to Prescott? No. They will have to sack Pipkin every time he drops back in order to stop these receivers. It's just a bad matchup for Lamar
Everyone keep picking Prescott, just like everyone picked Fordyce last week.

KOJACK

Quote from: xadboy on November 22, 2015, 03:36:03 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.

xadboy

Quote from: KOJACK on November 22, 2015, 03:58:27 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.
And Lamar is not Greenland.

Just keep picking Prescott. No one gave us a chance to beat Fordyce either.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Believe me! Kern is that tall. I feel like a little kid standing beside him. And he is not skinny. And since he has only played QB two games, he is still learning. Only getting better.

As to pass defense, Lamar did well enough against Charleston, which was a pretty good test.

And their line is as big as anyone you have seen this year, I would expect. They are large lads.

One thing that has impressed me is that someone is filling the holes at LB pretty well. When you are minus two starters there, that could have been a major problem.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2015, 12:23:58 am
Ask Fordyce how fast Hency is, he ran away from them quit a few times when he breaks away he's hard to catch. I'm not sure I'm thinking he Runs around a 4.5 and kern the 6'6 qb runs about a 4.6-4.7
[/quote]

Hency is fast enough, but it is his quickness that is amazing. He scoots around like a water-speeder.

Longfellow

Quote from: xadboy on November 22, 2015, 04:16:06 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.

Wow. Your geography skills are top notch. You must own a really nice map

flow51

Man I wonder if the Smackover bus will stop by Prescott and pick me up. Or maybe I can go to Glen Rose and ride to see a good game. Sounds to me like with size and (speed) Lamar has that they are going to just dominate Prescott.  :-\ I wanna see a good game!!

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: flow51 on November 22, 2015, 06:29:04 pm
Man I wonder if the Smackover bus will stop by Prescott and pick me up. Or maybe I can go to Glen Rose and ride to see a good game. Sounds to me like with size and (speed) Lamar has that they are going to just dominate Prescott.  :-\ I wanna see a good game!!
+1 Lamar will just "jump" right over Prescott

Stoneybologna

Trust me, we won't "jump" right over anyone from here on out. We're going to have to play good football that is for sure. I've never seen a team play with heart like the Warriors did last week. It was incredible to see. I cringed when Chenault came out with the ankle injury but glad to see he was alright and finished the game. Best highschool football game I've ever seen for sure.

KOJACK

Quote from: Stoneybologna on November 22, 2015, 07:02:25 pm
Trust me, we won't "jump" right over anyone from here on out. We're going to have to play good football that is for sure. I've never seen a team play with heart like the Warriors did last week. It was incredible to see. I cringed when Chenault came out with the ankle injury but glad to see he was alright and finished the game. Best highschool football game I've ever seen for sure.
Unbelievable game I agree. The difference in Prescott and Fordyce are numerous but the one that will effect this game the most is depth. Fordyce and Lamar both have around 7 or 8 guys going both ways, Prescott has one. That will play a huge factor.

Wolfpack

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 21, 2015, 07:57:18 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack on November 21, 2015, 07:10:50 pm
Looking forward to this game Friday, if it's Lords will. Will Lamar bring a Hugh crowd? I love playoff games with packed house.

Lamar travels well.  When we played you guys a few years ago we brought a good number of folks.  There were some games this year we had more people than the home team

Good to hear. Safe travel to you all Friday.

TheTruth2010

Prescott isn't Fordyce.
At least Fordyce can beat harmony grove. ;)

Cupkake24

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2015, 07:53:38 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.
Prescott has improved since that game:) majorly we'll see how many time the warriors stop Pipkin and his offense

TheTruth2010

Quote from: flow51 on November 22, 2015, 06:29:04 pm
I would like to know where someone on here said Lamar was going to dominate this game? I don't expect they will win, but to say that this is a easy game for Prescott is non sense. No one said we are the fastest team either, we do have a couple of guys that if they break free they are hard to run down. Lamar has really good size though! It will be a physical fight for Prescott this week.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Cupkake24 on November 22, 2015, 07:58:43 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.
Prescott has improved since that game:) majorly we'll see how many time the warriors stop Pipkin and his offense
I would love to see how many teams could make the 3rd round of the playoffs losing what we have lost this year. Take pipkin from Prescott and that amounts to about what we lost. Only with losing davenport we also lost one of the best linbackers in 3a.

Cupkake24

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2015, 08:03:35 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.
I would love to see how many teams could make the 3rd round of the playoffs losing what we have lost this year. Take pipkin from Prescott and that amounts to about what we lost. Only with losing davenport we also lost one of the best linbackers in 3a.
backup qb derrick Flynn is just as good as pipkin

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Cupkake24 on November 22, 2015, 08:06:41 pm
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2015, 08:03:35 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.
backup qb derrick Flynn is just as good as pipkin

I don't know if I would take it that far...

Wolfpack

Prescott isn't Fordyce.

That game was early in the season. At this point in the season all teams should be playing good football.

Cupkake24

Quote from: Wolfpack on November 22, 2015, 08:10:44 pm
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2015, 07:53:38 pmyou'll see what Flynn is all about next year
Prescott isn't Fordyce.

That game was early in the season. At this point in the season all teams should be playing good football.

KOJACK

Prescott isn't Fordyce.
And centerpoint can beat Paris so what's your point :-\

flow51

Truth I'm guessing you are getting that "easy " comment from Longfellow who I don't believe is from Prescott. No one from Prescott (in their right mind) is thinking that this game is going to be some cupcake game. We love our team and tradition just as much as you and warriorforever love Lamar. Yes yall have great size and I've see where #6 is fast. Yall have a Huge QB who being a starting TE converted to QB is doing great things. The Lamar team has a ton of heart (especially during the second half with Fordyce. All we are doing is comparing teams but "the truth" is the game will be played on the field Friday night. Hope both teams play their hearts out and unfortunately someone will have to lose. I pray for an injury free night and safe travels for the Warriors and their fans.

thedirtye

In terms of Lamar dline vs Prescott oline. We played hope who averages 280 just about on their dline with 2 d1 players on it. It was 26-22 at half. Yes Prescott lost but they've improved since then

Sick Dog

its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. Im sure both teams have beat and lost to teams that have been bigger than them or smaller. it just happens. Speed comes into play as well.

Longfellow

When did I say it was gonna be an easy game? I just said that Prescott's offense gives Lamar some bad matchups and I don't think they can stop them from scoring a bunch of points

Cupkake24

Don't count Prescott's dline out of it. They have improved and have some good play makers in cowling marks dougan glass and freshman gillard. They might not be the biggest of guys but they play like they are and with heat.

GrindTime

I don't think Prescott is going to just lay down for Lamar just because of there size? Lol u got to be kidding me we'll see Friday The wolves ain't backing down so Lamar better come with it !

xadboy

November 22, 2015, 11:24:34 pm #97 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:37:17 pm by xadboy
Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2015, 06:21:23 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.

Littlefella isn't that your mom telling you to come out of basement to eat supper? Don't forget to wash your hands. Eat all your veggies so you can grow up big and strong. Then maybe you'll get some ice cream! Yay!

Just be quiet and let people who have a clue talk.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on November 22, 2015, 11:24:34 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2015, 06:21:23 pm
Prescott isn't Fordyce.

Littlefella isn't that your mom telling you to come out of basement to eat supper? Don't forget to wash your hands. Eat all your veggies so you can grow up big and strong. Then maybe you'll get some ice cream! Yay!

Just be quite and let people who have a clue talk.

Please, tell me.. How does one be "quite?"

xadboy

Just like you said Lamar couldn't beat Fordyce either. Maybe you should ask the Fordyce fans about that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas