• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar goes to Prescott how will this play out?

Started by mudd puddle, November 20, 2015, 11:34:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 22, 2015, 11:32:32 pm

Please, tell me.. How does one be "quite?"
Thanks PB, stupid typo correction. Love how it changes your words sometimes.

strongandsteady

Fordyce fans are flocking to the 3A basketball boards

HeadBussa08

Prescott is a bad matchup for Lamar just being honest. your not playing a one trick pony like Fordyce this week. I think Lamar is a good team no doubt and commend them for making it this far without their leader but the dream ends Friday.

OLDSCHOOL82

I didn't expect lamar to pull out the win against Fordyce.  Congrats.  Anything can happen on a Friday night.  With that being said.... I cant really see a way they can get by preskitt.  For you warrior fans.  If you really want a warm welcome, Kojack loves it if you bring a train horn and also if you have family members on the officiating crew.

Clara Allen

I'll bet he likes the train horn   
Personally I hate that thing
I'm asking for tents and warming centers on the visitors side since it's supposed to be cold and rainy. 

WPWells

Pulling for Lamar for sure. I'll probably still pick Prescott due to Lamar's injuries

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2015, 08:17:12 am
I didn't expect lamar to pull out the win against Fordyce.  Congrats.  Anything can happen on a Friday night.  With that being said.... I cant really see a way they can get by preskitt.  For you warrior fans.  If you really want a warm welcome, Kojack loves it if you bring a train horn and also if you have family members on the officiating crew.
The more immediate family the better

Ned_Flanders

I am going with Lamar on this one.  Prescott is small but fast.  I honestly don't think that Prescott has the horses in the middle to handle Lamars big line.  I think that the Lamar line will be one the LBs all night and it could be a very long night for the Wolves.

On the other hand.   Prescott has probably the best offense in 3A. They can score and they can do it quick.   Lamar better come up with a few stops or turnovers or this could get ugly in a hurry.

nastynice

A lot depends on which Lamar shows up. They tend to play a couple good games, then a couple bad games. They've played 2 good games in a row, so what's next.
If the good Lamar shows up it could be kinda close, if the bad Lamar shows up it could be real ugly.

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2015, 08:17:12 am
Sorry OLDSCHOOL, My brothers crew was assigned a diff game this week.

macadoshis

Lamar hasnt played back to back bad games all year.  They didnt play a good game overall Friday night and were still able to find the win.  Granted Fordyce handed it right over to them in the end, but they still pulled ut off.  I look for them to play a solid game this week.  Is it going to be enough to win??  Not sure.  Prescott is going to have to make a few mistakes and either cough it up or throw a pick in this cold sloppy weather they're predicting.  Then it could get intereting.  If Prescott is on top of their game, not sure we can pull it out. But i still have faith. 

Headhunter15

Anyone know what's up with hootens site? This week is the only week that is black and can't be clicked on . Or is it just my device?

strongandsteady

Wait about an hour they like to have all them up at the same time. Some are probably done but not all of them

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 23, 2015, 03:19:16 pm
Anyone know what's up with hootens site? This week is the only week that is black and can't be clicked on . Or is it just my device?
Check later on tonight or first thing in the morning.  Should be updated then.

Jimbo Morphis

i'm better than them, what is your question?

Headhunter15

I can't see the rankings for this week. Just wondering if it's my phone or their site . The ranking are there but I can't click on em for this week

Jimbo Morphis

1 smackover
2 Prescott.. wolves 8 over lamar. that's my pick

Hacksaw

Should be a great game this week. The big question is can prescott stop the run? They have been better as of late, but the teams we have played hasn't been very good either. If we can slow Lamar down from driving it down our throats then we win, if not then it could be on to the gym.

xadboy

This game has all the makings of another shootout. If the Lamar defense plays as good as they have the past two weeks then we have a chance to win. Yeah we gave up 35 to Fordyce, but defense came up big plays when they needed to. The key to winning for Lamar is to get in the backfield of Prescott as much as possible. Can Prescott's oline keep Lamar out?

Proud Buckaroo

They usually do not release them until about 6-7 pm.

KOJACK

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 23, 2015, 03:27:09 pm
I can't see the rankings for this week. Just wondering if it's my phone or their site . The ranking are there but I can't click on em for this week
They are up now. Game of the week... Harding at Danville

KOJACK

Quote from: xadboy on November 23, 2015, 04:22:30 pm
This game has all the makings of another shootout. If the Lamar defense plays as good as they have the past two weeks then we have a chance to win. Yeah we gave up 35 to Fordyce, but defense came up big plays when they needed to. The key to winning for Lamar is to get in the backfield of Prescott as much as possible. Can Prescott's oline keep Lamar out?
I think they will hold up long enough. They have some strong guys up there with a low center of gravity. They do a good job sustaining blocks. Having a back with over 1000 yds averaging 10 yds a carry and a qb with 3700 yds passing puts a lot of pressure on a defense.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Warriors023

Hootens also had fordyce picked by 2. Picks and guesses don't matter it's what happens under the Friday night lights.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I imagine Lamar is a difficult team to predict right now.

Warriors023

I have to agree there. These boys are playing like a well oiled machine. No telling what may happen

KOJACK

You guys have had a tremendous season. Who knows what woulda happened if you wouldn't have lost the big dog...but without him and the other stud backer the road ends Friday night in P-Town...sorry  :'(

ghoti

prescott plays alot of players every game this is one reason they reload every year instead of rebuild. if its in question at the end you can bet the best 11 will be on the field together that would make for a very stingy defense!!! would it be enough who knows would it be better than the "starting defense" you bet!!!

ghoti

might add i keep watching game film over and over i know lamar has to be good to beat 4dyce but greenland looked better on film to me. we shall see. also say a slick wet field will hurt prescotts game.

Glen rose sprit

Presskit wins big. 

One two three.............
GOML

Warriors023

If memory serves me right, didn't they run you guys out of the stadium?

mudd puddle

Is it just me or is prescotts  non conference  record just not impressive?

Proud Buckaroo

strongandsteady

1-2 non conference play and all three of those teams had good seasons and above .500 record

Black and Gold

I'm sure most of the kinks from non-conference have been worked out. If they weren't, than I'm sure these teams wouldn't be here.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: mudd puddle on November 23, 2015, 10:42:08 pm
Is it just me or is prescotts  non conference  record just not impressive?
yea its just you lol Hope, Gurdon and CHG were no slouches.

Legend

macadoshis

Quote from: KOJACK on November 23, 2015, 05:09:23 pm
I think they will hold up long enough. They have some strong guys up there with a low center of gravity. They do a good job sustaining blocks. Having a back with over 1000 yds averaging 10 yds a carry and a qb with 3700 yds passing puts a lot of pressure on a defense.
No doubt he's a great QB.  We'll see how great if he can still have those numbers in the pouring rain and no footing for his receivers.  Mother Nature must be a Warrior fan if the weather stays as predicted.

KOJACK

November 24, 2015, 07:58:14 am #137 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:27:19 am by KOJACK
Quote from: macadoshis on November 24, 2015, 06:43:08 am
No doubt he's a great QB.  We'll see how great if he can still have those numbers in the pouring rain and no footing for his receivers.  Mother Nature must be a Warrior fan if the weather stays as predicted.
I always hear about this no footing for receivers in the rain, but then doesn't that mean no footing for d backs? If the field is wet and a guy knows where he is going and the other guy doesn't...advantage receiver. I'd be more concerned about a third string qb handling the ball every play in the rain...especially on those zone reads y'all run... We've had 5 games in rain already this year. If you are counting on that to be a factor, don't.

Cupkake24

Quote from: KOJACK on November 23, 2015, 05:09:23 pmIn one game in the rain this season Pipkin had 6 touchdowns in the 1st half. Weather won't change Prescott's gameplan one bit

RowdyReputation40

I remember one game in the rain pipkin only had 2 incompletions

macadoshis

3rd string QB has done a pretty good job so far.   Two games over 400 yards rushing.  Hat on a hat, five yards at a time sounds fine to me.  We just have to find a way to get a few stops here and there. 

Lineman

Cupkake24

I just don't see lamar s defense stopping Prescott's offense. And I think Prescott's defense will force Lamar to pass and it will mess there game plan up

WPWells

It's easy to have few incompletions when most of your offense is screens

macadoshis

Quote from: Cupkake24 on November 24, 2015, 09:52:01 am
I just don't see lamar s defense stopping Prescott's offense. And I think Prescott's defense will force Lamar to pass and it will mess there game plan up
I don't think Prescott can slow down Lamar's offense. It's nothing complex, here we come right at you try to stop us.  That's pretty much the game plan.

Postman

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2015, 09:53:54 am
It's easy to have few incompletions when most of your offense is screens

Really?  Greenland's head coach was heard asking an assistant coach last week "Do they think they have to throw it deep every play?" Looking for those screens will get you beat deep.

Postman

Quote from: macadoshis on November 24, 2015, 09:58:05 am
Quote from: Cupkake24 on November 24, 2015, 09:52:01 am
I don't think Prescott can slow down Lamar's offense. It's nothing complex, here we come right at you try to stop us.  That's pretty much the game plan.

You may have a point... over the last decade Prescott defenses have had trouble stopping just that kinda offense.  With that being said if Prescott's defense plays as well as it did against Greenland they will get some stops and that may be all it takes to build a lead and get the momentum going their way.

nastynice

Quote from: KOJACK on November 24, 2015, 07:58:14 am
I always hear about this no footing for receivers in the rain, but then doesn't that mean no footing for d backs? If the field is wet and a guy knows where he is going and the other guy doesn't...advantage receiver. I'd be more concerned about a third string qb handling the ball every play in the rain...especially on those zone reads y'all run... We've had 5 games in rain already this year. If you are counting on that to be a factor, don't.
Big dif in playing in the rain when it's 70 deg and when it's 40-45 deg.  History tells us that bad weather, deep in the playoffs, kill southern finesse teams.

strongandsteady

Southern finesse? I think they are as physical as it gets in the south. No finessing in Nevada County

OLDSCHOOL82

Preskit has a good field that is cut tight and is fast.  The problem is, based off my opinion from last years game, it is slick as glass when wet.  Not necessarily a mud pit, just slick.  Better get the longest rain spikes they make!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas