• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ west fork

Started by Headhunter15, November 20, 2015, 09:36:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 25, 2015, 02:32:14 pm
We're any of you on ff back then? It would've been a topic on the 2a board

I was on fearless Friday then. Under a different username. I was also at that game. It was cold as all get out and every one was freaking out about our kicker. The one who kicked barefoot. You remember him? He could get a field goal 60 yards with a shoe. In the playoffs that told him that he couldn't do that so he wore dancing shoes. Lol.

BuckarooFire

Lol yes indeed i remember that guy

Headhunter15

Didn't he have family problems before that game and not end up showing up for school or anything and not play?

Ventman

Smack gonna lay a smack down this week!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 25, 2015, 03:48:42 pm
Didn't he have family problems before that game and not end up showing up for school or anything and not play?

Yes. That's correct.

whippersnapper

Slow smash mouth WF may just surprise some in this one. No one predicted them last week and they found a way to win  Not predicting an upset but I do feel the game will be closer then people think. Both teams are senior laden and will have a cold wet ball game. Watch out in NWA.....

Proud Buckaroo

If anyone knows anything about smash mouth football. It's smackover. Smackover isn't going to cough up the ball 5 times and throw 2 INTs like CHG did.

imtie

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 25, 2015, 05:52:23 pm
If anyone knows anything about smash mouth football. It's smackover. Smackover isn't going to cough up the ball 5 times and throw 2 INTs like CHG did.

No kidding and still almost win... Well the bus ride will suck going up there but on the way back nothing but a celebration!

adaptedtigerfan

The moose said he likes to throw a jab in there every now and then.  I'm a fan of that.   I like to jab as well but I usually throw a Mike Tyson uppercut in there from time to time.

nastynice

No, you're more likely to bite someone's ear off!

Headhunter15

That whole Tyson and Holyfield documentary was just on ESPN like 30 minutes ago

Sick Dog

Be careful Smackover..... Them teams from up north are all of a sudden smash mouth, ground and pound, dominators all of a sudden. Even though the south will always travel north in the semi's unless there is an upset somewhere and we still go take care of business. I guess Lamar, WF, and whoever else they keep talking about from up north are just unreal. The only teams I know form up north that deserve respect is Charleston, Greenwood, Betonville so I think all them are spread teams. Maybe they know something I don't.

Headhunter15

I still am against the traveling for a 1 seed.

imtie

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 25, 2015, 08:06:16 pm

Neutral field needed agreed!

imtie

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 25, 2015, 08:02:23 pm
Be careful Smackover..... Them teams from up north are all of a sudden smash mouth, ground and pound, dominators all of a sudden. Even though the south will always travel north in the semi's unless there is an upset somewhere and we still go take care of business. I guess Lamar, WF, and whoever else they keep talking about from up north are just unreal. The only teams I know form up north that deserve respect is Charleston, Greenwood, Betonville so I think all them are spread teams. Maybe they know something I don't.

The reason we always travel is because they need to do it this way to help them up there somehow.

Lineman

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 25, 2015, 08:06:16 pm
So what's your solution when two 1 seeds play against each other?

Proud Buckaroo

Neutral zone. Close proximity of both schools.

Lineman

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 25, 2015, 03:17:42 pm
Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2015, 11:11:01 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 23, 2015, 05:54:46 pm
Smackover is favored by 14 over West fork. I really wish I could make this game. Unfortunately I am having to work! Don't worry buckaroos. I will be cheering you on from home!
can't believe you didn't take a day off.

I was supposed to be off. Someone took last minute vacation, and I have to cover it. I fully intended to be there.
Sounds a lot like a fair weather fan to me. 😛😛

Proud Buckaroo

You know I'm far from that!! Lol.

Lineman

Whatever gets you through the day man.

beach bum

November 25, 2015, 09:21:48 pm #70 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:35:19 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Sick Dog on November 25, 2015, 08:02:23 pm

Have fun getting upset more than you should if you were a coach and prepared kids with that attitude of not respecting opponents..... And in 4A Dardanelle is 25-1 in their last 26 games and Prairie Grove has 41 wins the last four years playing smash mouth. Booneville had a rough year but their name speaks for itself. I think there are more than you speak of. 2A does not really have many northern teams in the western part to begin with due to the demographics of the population in this state. Of course West Fork isn't going to win but to degrade a school playing after Thanksgiving is a little out there IMO.

Headhunter15

The two teams could've played at uca or somewhere . What's the point in even having home field advantage if it's not home field advantage.

Proud Buckaroo

Watched some film on west fork earlier. Their field actually looks... odd. The grass isn't green. It's brown. Does it not get fertilized? Lol.

imtie

imtie

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 25, 2015, 09:24:16 pm
The two teams could've played at uca or somewhere . What's the point in even having home field advantage if it's not home field advantage.

Wont matter either way this year will be ugly

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 25, 2015, 09:53:59 pm
Watched some film on west fork earlier. Their field actually looks... odd. The grass isn't green. It's brown. Does it not get fertilized? Lol.

I will pre warn you that if it is a windy day then it will be particularly miserable because their field seems to sit in a wind tunnel. I have been at multiples games at West Fork where it feels 15 degrees colder than it is because the nature of how the wind blows at their field. I hope that isn't the case or its going to be nasty for the people in attendance. Lincoln's old field was the same way.  Don't know if you will be attending but thought I'd warn you in case it is windy Friday along with the rain.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 25, 2015, 03:17:42 pm
Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2015, 11:11:01 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 23, 2015, 05:54:46 pm
Smackover is favored by 14 over West fork. I really wish I could make this game. Unfortunately I am having to work! Don't worry buckaroos. I will be cheering you on from home!
can't believe you didn't take a day off.

I was supposed to be off. Someone took last minute vacation, and I have to cover it. I fully intended to be there.

*cough**cough**fakehurl*...Bossman I think I'm coming down with something....Wear a wig and some glasses at the game, and noone will ever spot you...well until you take out an unsuspecting person with an elbow

Lineman

It's a blue hemp Kentucky super turf. It goes dormant for the playoffs.

Air_Bomber

Going to be very wet, temp will feel like 30 something

Fox32

November 26, 2015, 08:36:10 pm #79 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:40:08 pm by Fox32
Quote from: Lineman on November 26, 2015, 12:37:16 am
It's a blue hemp Kentucky super turf. It goes dormant for the playoffs.
That stuff is expensive and "Vitamin P orange" is the preferred color to paint the yard lines with that particular variety of Kentucky super turf

Lineman

That color is hard to find, it's been discontinued because of all the lead.

Fox32

November 26, 2015, 08:53:10 pm #81 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:55:41 pm by Fox32
Quote from: Lineman on November 26, 2015, 08:43:09 pm
That color is hard to find, it's been discontinued because of all the lead.
I know right. It was the more popular color choice on the Ford Pacer back in the day. I hate it cause the lead IMO is what gave the paint that oh so distinctive flavor. Lol

Proud Buckaroo

Game day! Some should be heading around in a couple of hours. So, I pray for safe travels and cheer those bucks on extra hard for me! Let those West Fork folks know how proud we are of this team and we are behind them 100%! Go bucks.

Fun fact:

Smackover has mercy ruled all mascots that are cats. 

Fouke Panthers.
Manila Lions.
Charleston Tigers...

Next up, West fork Tigers!

nastynice

I'm not sure WF has the horses to hang with Smack, but I'd be kinda worried if I were a Smack fan. This game has all the ingredients (long drive, bad weather, over confident, hangover) of an upset!

Proud Buckaroo

Trust me. These kids are not over-confident. Strickland does a really good job of making these kids understand to never underestimate any team that you have to play. The hangover part? No, I don't think they will have a hangover from beating charleston. I saw a couple of them in el dorado after the game and they seemed to be just fine. Like it was a normal win. The drive may be a factor, but these kids have one thing on their mind. Getting this win and advancing.

imtie

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 27, 2015, 05:46:39 am
Trust me. These kids are not over-confident. Strickland does a really good job of making these kids understand to never underestimate any team that you have to play. The hangover part? No, I don't think they will have a hangover from beating charleston. I saw a couple of them in el dorado after the game and they seemed to be just fine. Like it was a normal win. The drive may be a factor, but these kids have one thing on their mind. Getting this win and advancing.

Drive and weather is the only 2 factors

BuckarooFire

Hope both teams kept some Turkey in the fridge. Thanksgiving is usually the holidays that teams come back slightly sluggish. Safe travel to all of us heading that way today and hope that everyone enjoys the game regaurdless of the outcome.   

But with that being said...

WF needs an answer for the followin offensively.
Michale E.
Kiandre P.
Jordan J.
Dewayne J.
Corbin L.
Willie D.

Defensively. ..

Tyreke R.
Willie D.
Trevor E.
Willie D.
Jordan J. -Once again
Willie D.

I would say Michale but they try to mismatch him too much leading to Jordans Picks.

If i wasnt clear .... WILLIE DAVIS

the kids just everywhere!

Clara Allen

Good luck to all the Buckaroo fans headed this way. I'm in Fayetteville and it is cold and raining. Temps gave dropped 20 degrees in the last two hours.  Dress warm and dry

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BuckarooFire on November 27, 2015, 06:47:48 am
Hope both teams kept some Turkey in the fridge. Thanksgiving is usually the holidays that teams come back slightly sluggish. Safe travel to all of us heading that way today and hope that everyone enjoys the game regaurdless of the outcome.   

Michale E.
Kiandre P.
Jordan J.
Dewayne J.
Corbin L.
Willie D.

Defensively. ..

Tyreke R.
Willie D.
Trevor E.
Willie D.
Jordan J. -Once again
Willie D.

I would say Michale but they try to mismatch him too much leading to Jordans Picks.

They say dynamite comes in small packages. Willie Davis is a big answer to that. Standing at just a little over 5 foot tall. His size definitely isn't a factor!

WHITEchicken

Willie Has the heart of a Lion or a T-rex. Lets go Bucks. Safe travels to everyone playing tonight and those going to watch.

imtie

Yes safe travels  in the wet conditions and go bucks!

# road to the rock makes a stop in west fork!

Greenlndfan

I'm going to go with the upset exit 53 by 6 points !!  Those LA teams are not as good in cold weather and will be stiff at least that's probably there on hope !!

Proud Buckaroo

Why do you keep calling south ARKANSAS teams LA teams? Lol.........

Lineman

November 27, 2015, 09:23:28 am #93 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:31:29 am by Lineman
Lower Arkansas. My wife's doctor jokes he's from east LA. Eastern Lower Arkansas.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going to be honest. That one went over my head. Lol.

Anyways. Smackover will do just fine in the climate change.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: BuckarooFire on November 27, 2015, 06:47:48 am

Michale E.
Kiandre P.
Jordan J.
Dewayne J.
Corbin L.
Willie D.

Defensively. ..

Tyreke R.
Willie D.
Trevor E.
Willie D.
Jordan J. -Once again
Willie D.

You missed the guy that's up for defensive player of the year. Keiandre Purifoy.  He's everywhere

Headhunter15

What's to do up in that area once I get there? After the drive I am not going to want to sit in another car for a while lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 27, 2015, 10:24:30 am
What's to do up in that area once I get there? After the drive I am not going to want to sit in another car for a while lol

Drive on up to fayetteville....that'll be your best bet to find anything to do lol

BuckarooFire

Yes .. yes i did miss him .. my mistake I remember him praticing with my Senior team his 8th grade year kid is a beast indeed no fear .. yes Kiandre P. Is everywhere as well.

imtie

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 27, 2015, 10:24:30 am

go to Fayetteville hit the steet with all the after game entertainment!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas