• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End of an Era

Started by WPWells, November 20, 2015, 09:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Well, as the Charleston football season draws to an end this year, so does the 12th Man connection with the program. I will still be cheering for the Tigers in future seasons, but I will no longer have the "blind homer" connection to the football program. My brother is graduating, and my youngest brother does not play football, so I will not have the familial connection. I'd like to thank everyone from Charleston that has put up with me year after year. I can be loud and obnoxious at games at times. The Charleston community gave me much growing up, and I am grateful for that. I will now be turning my attention to baseball, which both of my brothers play.

Now, about tonight's game, I could not be more proud to be a Tiger tonight. Even though it was not enough, the Tigers still went toe to toe with the state's #1 team. This was a rough year (how could it not be with what we lost?) but the Tigers still came out and fought every game. This team will be a force to be reckoned with next year. I wouldn't bet against them winning state.

I gave Smackover a lot of grief this week, but they were my preseason pick to win state, my pick in the bracket contest, and my pick tonight. They're that good, and I will be surprised if they don't win it all. Congrats to the Smackover faithful, especially PB.

Finally, as I said, I will still be a Charleston fan. I won't be leaving the boards. I believe Coach Kendrick is a great coach, but more importantly he is a great man. He's someone I'm proud to have coaching my alma mater.

As always, Go Tigers!

-Painted Fan-

We will miss you 12th. Wish you well.
It's with sadness that I announce Painted Fan is retiring as well. After 16 years, God is leading in another direction. I have had to miss more games this year than the previous 15 combined.
This is also my final post on this board.
Hasta la vista!

WPWells

I will still be posting on this board, just not in the same manner that I have in the past. I forgot to include that in my original post.

Proud Buckaroo

Good post. Your best one yet. Thanks for the congratulations. I'm so proud of these kids.

HorseFeathers

Wes...I'd give you a +1...but that just doesn't feel right, so I won't slap you instead :D

WPWells

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 20, 2015, 10:04:58 pm
Good post. Your best one yet. Thanks for the congratulations. I'm so proud of these kids.

As you should be. I'm supporting my 3A-4 brethren, but I'll also support the Bucks

Clara Allen

Well dang, Wes!   Great post.  There dies come a time when its time to take a new direction. 

Paperman

Well said sir! +1 for the 12th man! ;D

whoknows

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on November 20, 2015, 09:17:33 pm
It's with sadness that I announce Painted Fan is retiring as well. After 16 years, God is leading in another direction. I have had to miss more games this year than the previous 15 combined.
Hasta la vista!
Just ain't right to bail out like that...your a legend!

Paperman

Quote from: whoknows on November 21, 2015, 04:54:13 am
Hasta la vista!
Just ain't right to bail out like that...your a legend!

The 3a board will be a sadder place without posts from you guys!

WPWells

I am not leaving the boards. I hope that didn't confuse anyone.

Lineman

Once a blind homer always a blind homer. Life leads you in other directions, you can change your name, change your address, and your looks, but once a TIGER always a TIGER.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on November 21, 2015, 09:30:54 am
Once a blind homer always a blind homer. Life leads you in other directions, you can change your name, change your address, and your looks, but once a TIGER always a TIGER.

I don't know about the blind homer part, but I agree with the once a "insert mascot" always a "mascot" part....

papaeagle

We will miss the "old" 12th Man CHS. A great FF ride. You are a true fan of Charleston but things DO go in circles in life, as you are now experiencing. Thanks for all the banter, good and bad. It's just part of being a FF participant. Lanny and BG like it if done in a non-offensive way. Sometimes things are "borderline" but clear up quickly, mainly out of respect.
Best wishes in the next cycle in your life 12th Man.... :'(

Paperman

Sorry 12th! I didn't mean to make it sound like you were going away! The interactions we have in this forum are mostly good natured, and the ribbing taken in stride! Not having those interactions are what makes one sad! I know you and others will still be on here. And that is a good thing!

Sick Dog

I was gonna get sad on here but since you said you wasn't leaving the board I wont. Just keep giving PB heck on here and keep him fired up. He will need you the next couple of weeks.

Proud Buckaroo

I decided last week that I was just going to sit back and let the team speak for me. That made one heck of a statement last week!!

Sick Dog

if everyone did that then no one would ever get on this website til season was over PB.

Proud Buckaroo

I did last week for a reason. No hard feelings towards anyone. It was just exhausting.

Coltfan2005

Skip Baymore

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 21, 2015, 07:31:59 am
I am not leaving the boards. I hope that didn't confuse anyone.
Glad youre still gonna post.   And you might be able to take the 12th Man out of Chucktown, but you prob. wont be able to take Chucktown out of the 12th Man.   Looking forward to the new name though.   I wish you much good luck on the next "era" of your life.   "Skip."

Jimbo Morphis

Hasta la vista!
quitter

Headhunter15

I bet he comes back once charleston cracks top 5 again

WPWells

He was serious. Painted Fan has felt a call lately and has been working the booths at Christian concerts (like Food for the Hungry). It's really an awesome thing that he's doing, spreading the love of Christ through helping others

RTF

neds

Quote from: papaeagle on November 21, 2015, 09:39:24 am
We will miss the "old" 12th Man CHS. A great FF ride. You are a true fan of Charleston but things DO go in circles in life, as you are now experiencing. Thanks for all the banter, good and bad. It's just part of being a FF participant. Lanny and BG like it if done in a non-offensive way. Sometimes things are "borderline" but clear up quickly, mainly out of respect.
Best wishes in the next cycle in your life 12th Man.... :'(

Take care 12th

Legend

We have all been there. Ive stepped away a few times from my early days on here. You get older and your connections with the program fade until you start cheering for your friends kids. Its not the same when you dont have certain people to root for and only your team.

RTF

Thats exactly why Legend I am never on my Alumi's forum and over here in 3A-4... I don't have anybody to root for over there and I do here.

Legend

Ive gained a lot of friends n the 3A boards this year. More exciting than the 4A. Just Warren posters now hardly any Ozark people to back me up and the ones who have posted this year have been morons.

cdelaney

Quote from: Legend on November 24, 2015, 08:45:04 am
Ive gained a lot of friends n the 3A boards this year. More exciting than the 4A. Just Warren posters now hardly any Ozark people to back me up and the ones who have posted this year have been morons.
Except for the awesome JV poster. He had to make you proud.

Legend

If it was any other school yes but proud wouldnt be the word Id use

HorseFeathers

I keep trying to leave this place......probably will take a hiatus this summer....Probably come back and find that 12th Man has spammed enough to have 50000 posts by then, but he'll keep telling us he doesn't have to score his pick'ems ::)

Legend

Its a little quite since CHS got ousted. It always happends after football season. Not much else to talk about.

Paperman

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2015, 10:23:13 pm
I keep trying to leave this place......probably will take a hiatus this summer....Probably come back and find that 12th Man has spammed enough to have 50000 posts by then, but he'll keep telling us he doesn't have to score his pick'ems ::)
[/quote

😎

adaptedtigerfan

What do you want to talk about, Legend?   I think all the Chuck posters have moved down the list to the basketball threads.  🏀🏀

Legend

I havent made my way there yet?

nastynice

What's the over/under for # of victories for Charleston before Painted comes back next year?

nastynice

I do commend 12th man for being smart enough and ambitious enough to want bigger and better things for himself. 

Lineman

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 25, 2015, 09:38:02 am
What do you want to talk about, Legend?   I think all the Chuck posters have moved down the list to the basketball threads.  🏀🏀
There's a basketball thread too??

Legend

Its underneath offseason football threads.

Lineman

Are you pulling my lariat?  There's no offseason in football.

Glen rose sprit

How convenient,  leave after Toy Story leaves

One two three........... GOML

Headhunter15

Quote from: Glen rose sprit on November 27, 2015, 12:19:58 pm
How convenient,  leave after Toy Story leaves

One two three........... GOML

"One two three...........GOML" is old. Hope rivercrest skull drags y'all up and down the field all night.

WPWells

I haven't left yet. You just wish I had

Glen rose sprit

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2015, 12:28:57 pm
I haven't left yet. You just wish I had

Plus 1/.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001

One two three............ GOML

Paperman

Hey Glen Rose fans, no counting to three, just get off my lawn! Have a nice day!

Headhunter15

I wonder if glen Rose fans will be this way when they're dribbling basketballs come Monday ...🤔

Paperman

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 27, 2015, 12:39:44 pm
I wonder if glen Rose fans will be this way when they're dribbling basketballs come Monday ...🤔
+2! Good one Headhunter 15

Glen rose sprit

Only in whappin if world

One two three............... GOML

Paperman

Quote from: Glen rose sprit on November 27, 2015, 02:51:04 pm

Only in whappin if world

One two three............... GOML
That comment was so ignorant. i can understand why you make REAL Glen Rose fans mad. You are a complete m___n!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas