• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal @ Rivercrest

Started by redandgray, November 14, 2015, 12:00:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CornFields12

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 16, 2015, 08:50:44 pm
Are people overestimating ECS? They have beaten two 3a teams in regular season with winning records. Two. And almost every team that played scored respectable points against them. I've watched films of them for two days and am impressed with their offense but not their defense. Can a team with a less than parr defense beat the Colts? They will key on Langston for awhile. If the Colts adjust to this with the Wilson boys and others, passing in the flat to langston.......the ECS offense is going to have to score major points to win. OR, either team could come out flat and the other team could walk away with it. Examples......Glen Rose/ECS or Rivercrest/Manila.
and Rivercrest has only beaten three 3A teams in regular season with winning records. pretty equal between the two teams in that category if you ask me.

ReddieKnightTrojan

This discussion is intriguing.

Proud Buckaroo

It's really going to be interesting....

Not saying Manila is a bad team. They are a pretty good team.

But, after seeing them play Friday... Rivercrest losing to them by 18.

I know you cannot compare scores, but...

I see ECS taking this one. 

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 17, 2015, 08:21:13 am
It's really going to be interesting....

Not saying Manila is a bad team. They are a pretty good team.

But, after seeing them play Friday... Rivercrest losing to them by 18.

I know you cannot compare scores, but...

I see ECS taking this one.
rivercrest also beat hoxie and Osceola that beat Manila by 3 touchdowns a piece.

Proud Buckaroo

And that's why I said it would be interesting.

How many other threats does rivercrest have other than Langston?

State champs 2010

November 17, 2015, 08:54:52 am #55 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:56:49 am by State champs 2010
Peyton Adams. A senior WR that really started out really well but has had some issues outside of school in the later part of the season he is back full stride. There's a freshman linebacker that stepped up last week and had a season high 18 tackles in 1 game last week. Really gifted and talented kid.  Rushed for 1000 yards in junior high this year. Colts have althetes everywhere on offense Langston just gets the majority of carries. The full back will surprise teams as well! He's broke several times this year cause teams where keying on Langston.

Proud Buckaroo

Would you say your offense is based off of him?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Rivercrest has 2 Split Ends that are 6'4 Hank Hill and Carl Williams whom they very seldom need to use due to Langston. Big name to keep eye out for is #1 Kentavious Robinson (17 tackles last week as Freshman). He isn't the best back but #5 Oscar Rios is one of the State top sprinter/hurdler(actually faster than Langston in 40/100)

State champs 2010

Yes the offense is based around Langston. But when you have 11 guys keyed on him that leaves somebody else open. and trust me there's a couple of guys that can break loose besides Langston.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on November 17, 2015, 08:58:03 am
Rivercrest has 2 Split Ends that are 6'4 Hank Hill and Carl Williams whom they very seldom need to use due to Langston. Big name to keep eye out for is #1 Kentavious Robinson (17 tackles last week as Freshman). He isn't the best back but #5 Oscar Rios is one of the State top sprinter/hurdler(actually faster than Langston in 40/100)
yes I forgot about Oscar #5. He's faster than Langston

KOJACK

I think his eligibility is up...He has sold propane for at least 13 years that I know of  ;D

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2015, 09:09:16 am
I think his eligibility is up...He has sold propane for at least 13 years that I know of  ;D
And propane accessories

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on November 17, 2015, 09:29:41 am
And propane accessories
I started to add that but I figured I'd let someone enjoy in the childishness lol

ESPN Analyst

State Champs you're acting like Rivercrest is 20x better than ECS and they are about to 90 piece them. Im sorry but I don't see the Colts winning this game.

State champs 2010

Quote from: ESPN Analyst on November 17, 2015, 10:24:10 am
State Champs you're acting like Rivercrest is 20x better than ECS and they are about to 90 piece them. Im sorry but I don't see the Colts winning this game.
ive never said they were 20x better I said it should be a interesting game. And I guess we will see Friday night! Your the one doin all the talking I'm not. Just hope you don't have a sock in your mouth after Friday night.  ;D

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2015, 09:34:16 am
And propane accessories
I started to add that but I figured I'd let someone enjoy in the childishness lol
thanks for your generosity

Longfellow

Quote from: cdelaney on November 17, 2015, 01:32:56 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2015, 09:34:16 am
And propane accessories
thanks for your generosity
I wonder if the coach ever says "dangit Bobby" if he misses tackles

Ned_Flanders

With the amazing defense that ECS shows I think Rivercrest wins this one and Langston kid goes for around 400.

CornFields12

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on November 17, 2015, 01:46:42 pm
With the amazing defense that ECS shows I think Rivercrest wins this one and Langston kid goes for around 400.
Is the rivercrest defense any better?

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 17, 2015, 02:18:01 pm
Quote from: Ned_Flanders on November 17, 2015, 01:46:42 pm
Is the rivercrest defense any better?

I don't know.  Hehe

Coltfan2005

You are also the one that claimed ECS was #1 in state followed by Harding Academy and Prescott.

cdelaney

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 17, 2015, 06:48:40 pm

You are also the one that claimed ECS was #1 in state followed by Harding Academy and Prescott.
He did whut??

Coltfan2005

On Nov 10 he posted the top 3A contenders for state were ECS, Smackover, Prescott

On Nov 10 he posted the top three passing offenses in 3A are 1. ECS
                                                                                    2. Prescott
                                                                                    3. HA

I think he's letting his support for his team cloud his judgement.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 17, 2015, 09:00:28 pm
On Nov 10 he posted the top 3A contenders for state were ECS, Smackover, Prescott

On Nov 10 he posted the top three passing offenses in 3A are 1. ECS
                                                                                    2. Prescott
                                                                                    3. HA

I think he's letting his support for his team cloud his judgement.
+1

new2karting

Having seen both teams play, I say the RC Defense will have to corral the passing game of ECS to overcome their quick strike/deep ball capability and force them into a short game scenario.  For ECS, they will have to bottle up Langston, and those other skill players will have to step up to create opportunities to stretch the field thus creating lanes for Langston to eventually get the running game going (ECS will stack the box).  They eventually get it going, but a little too late.  A lot of respect for both teams, but in the end

ECS 35
Rivercrest 28

Best of luck to both teams.

CornFields12

With how ECS played last week they take the W in this game.

Paperman

ISU7

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 17, 2015, 10:35:36 pm
Things change partner. Last week is just a memory.. 8)

Nomad1324

Going to be a possible rematch for either team, but I think that it comes down to whose OL/DL dictates the terms.

Too many really good athletes on either side for points not to be scored.

Homer pick, but Colts 49-42.

cdelaney

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2015, 08:27:34 am
I think he is saying that the defense stepped up last week, stopped the run and for the first time against a "decent" opponent, ECS really controlled the game pretty much the whole way.
Most of their games they have relied on getting just enough stops/turnovers to outscore the other team. Does this mean their defense has improved, or their scheme worked well vs BK, or maybe BK isn't as good as people thought? Who knows. The fun thing about the playoffs is that there are few common opponents, and you don't  know how strong a team's strength of schedule really is until the playoffs are through the 2nd round. I would put Crest in the same category as ECS- I'm not sure we'll know who the "favorite" should be in this one until the game is over!

luxora4life

Quote from: new2karting on November 17, 2015, 09:12:36 pm
Having seen both teams play, I say the RC Defense will have to corral the passing game of ECS to overcome their quick strike/deep ball capability and force them into a short game scenario.  For ECS, they will have to bottle up Langston, and those other skill players will have to step up to create opportunities to stretch the field thus creating lanes for Langston to eventually get the running game going (ECS will stack the box).  They eventually get it going, but a little too late.  A lot of respect for both teams, but in the end

ECS 35
Rivercrest 28

This is a good Assesment of this game minus the score.  I would add "IF" they (ECS) can bottle Langston, will the other players get the chance to make plays.  And will we (RC) make tackles in open space.  Both their big back and receiver.

CornFields12

Quote from: cdelaney on November 18, 2015, 08:47:29 am
Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2015, 08:27:34 am
I think he is saying that the defense stepped up last week, stopped the run and for the first time against a "decent" opponent, ECS really controlled the game pretty much the whole way.
Most of their games they have relied on getting just enough stops/turnovers to outscore the other team. Does this mean their defense has improved, or their scheme worked well vs BK, or maybe BK isn't as good as people thought? Who knows. The fun thing about the playoffs is that there are few common opponents, and you don't  know how strong a team's strength of schedule really is until the playoffs are through the 2nd round. I would put Crest in the same category as ECS- I'm not sure we'll know who the "favorite" should be in this one until the game is over!
Yes that is what I meant. Thank you for clarifying for me.

Coltfan2005

ECS 35
Rivercrest 28

Stack the box against the Colts? Please do!

State champs 2010

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2015, 10:41:26 am

ECS 35
Rivercrest 28

stack the box lol. And cover our 6'4 and 6'6 receivers 1 on 1 and we will just throw to them all night.

Head Lion

KOJACK

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 11:50:46 am
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2015, 10:41:26 am

ECS 35
Rivercrest 28

stack the box lol. And cover our 6'4 and 6'6 receivers 1 on 1 and we will just throw to them all night.
Y'all are 36 for 96 for 769 yds on the year passing... Give me a break. I respect Langston and  y'alls run game but get real on that passing comment.  ::)

State champs 2010

November 18, 2015, 12:12:53 pm #86 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:14:57 pm by State champs 2010
When your a running team you don't have to throw much. The threat is there when we need it. And I would love to see who has thrown the ball 96 times. 4 or 5 different guys have thrown passes this year.

CornFields12

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 12:12:53 pm
When your a running team you don't have to throw much. The threat is there when we need it. And I would love to see who has thrown the ball 96 times. 4 or 5 different guys have thrown passes this year.
when you're passing under 50% how is the threat "there"

State champs 2010

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 18, 2015, 12:21:47 pm
because when you run the ball down teams throats all year long why is there the need to pass?

CornFields12

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 12:29:36 pm
because when you run the ball down teams throats all year long why is there the need to pass?
thats not an answer to my question. You said that the threat is there when y'all need it, but it does not look like that in y'alls passing statistics.

State champs 2010

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 18, 2015, 12:35:34 pm
thats not an answer to my question. You said that the threat is there when y'all need it, but it does not look like that in y'alls passing statistics.
like I said there's been 4 or 5 guys have thrown the ball this year. A lot of it was just testing the arms of our qbs to see how they were going to do passing. So it's not just one qb that's thrown 96 passes. It's been several.

Longfellow

Still not answering the question. If you run into to defense that can stop the run, can you win the game with your passing offense?

State champs 2010

Quote from: Longfellow on November 18, 2015, 12:43:22 pm
Still not answering the question. If you run into to defense that can stop the run, can you win the game with your passing offense?
i guess when somebody stops the colts run game then I guess we will see!

CornFields12

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 12:40:54 pm
like I said there's been 4 or 5 guys have thrown the ball this year. A lot of it was just testing the arms of our qbs to see how they were going to do passing. So it's not just one qb that's thrown 96 passes. It's been several.
Okay? Still have yet to answer the question.

State champs 2010

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 18, 2015, 01:12:33 pm
all I said was the threat is there. If you would like to come see Friday if we pass your more than welcome to come. I Honestly don't think we've thrown 96 times. I honestly don't think ECS will stop the run game.

cdelaney

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 01:24:22 pm
Quote from: CornFields12 on November 18, 2015, 01:12:33 pm
all I said was the threat is there. If you would like to come see Friday if we pass your more than welcome to come. I Honestly don't think we've thrown 96 times. I honestly don't think ECS will stop the run game.
I'm no coach but I would imagine ECS will try to stop or slow down your running game and try to make you beat them with the passing game. That's pretty much what they did against BK. But they tried that at Glen Rose and couldn't stop them. But if you can make a team go away from its strength you have a better chance of slowing them down.

Shorttimer

This game will definitely be a track meet.  I think it's a pick'em.  I do know this--I've seen a lot of defenses this year and ECS's is BY FAR the worst I've seen among schools that are presumed to be contenders.  Robinson is a beast and how well Rivercrest contains him will determine this game.  He's the deal.  The QB is average.  Freeman can play but he is prone to disappear for long stretches and will often let things get in his head.

Markadomous

I hope Rivercrest is waaaaayyy better than Osceola. Because the way Greenland handled them the Curley Wolves will mercy rule a 10-1 Greenland. I've seen Episcopal play and colt fans I'm sorry but y'all's feelings are gonna get hurt. They have a rb that can GO. And plus they have a Freeman kid that is the best receiver I have ever seen.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Markadomous on November 18, 2015, 02:44:14 pm
I hope Rivercrest is waaaaayyy better than Osceola. Because the way Greenland handled them the Curley Wolves will mercy rule a 10-1 Greenland. I've seen Episcopal play and colt fans I'm sorry but y'all's feelings are gonna get hurt. They have a rb that can GO. And plus they have a Freeman kid that is the best receiver I have ever seen.

If he's the best you have EVER seen, you have had a sad life.

I'll answer your question. If ECS is stacking the box, Rivercrest could pass every down. The could miss on 1st and 2nd downs, connect on third and score all night. That would only be 33% pass completions. :0
By the way, ECS is like 98 completions out of 182 attempts. All but one pass from the starting QB. And yet, you claim to have the number 1 passing attack in 3A.

cdelaney

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2015, 04:21:27 pm
Quote from: Markadomous on November 18, 2015, 02:44:14 pm

If he's the best you have EVER seen, you have had a sad life.

I'll answer your question. If ECS is stacking the box, Rivercrest could pass every down. The could miss on 1st and 2nd downs, connect on third and score all night. That would only be 33% pass completions. :0
By the way, ECS is like 98 completions out of 182 attempts. All but one pass from the starting QB. And yet, you claim to have the number 1 passing attack in 3A.
I don't know who claimed ECS had the #1 passing attack in 3A, but that is clearly not the case. Young QB has improved but he's still just the 3rd best QB ECS has had in the past 5 yrs! And not as many receivers who are threats as I past few years. But I think your stats are way off in terms of # of passes. Also, Freeman is not the best ever but he is awfully good. I haven't seen nearly all of the good 3A receivers this year, but of the good ones I have seen he is easily the best over the past 3 seasons.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas