• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal @ Rivercrest

Started by redandgray, November 14, 2015, 12:00:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

State champs 2010

Quote from: cdelaney on November 18, 2015, 04:36:04 pm
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2015, 04:21:27 pm
Quote from: Markadomous on November 18, 2015, 02:44:14 pm
I hope Rivercrest is waaaaayyy better than Osceola. Because the way Greenland handled them the Curley Wolves will mercy rule a 10-1 Greenland. I've seen Episcopal play and colt fans I'm sorry but y'all's feelings are gonna get hurt. They have a rb that can GO. And plus they have a Freeman kid that is the best receiver I have ever seen.

If he's the best you have EVER seen, you have had a sad life.

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 18, 2015, 12:21:47 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 12:12:53 pm
When your a running team you don't have to throw much. The threat is there when we need it. And I would love to see who has thrown the ball 96 times. 4 or 5 different guys have thrown passes this year.
when you're passing under 50% how is the threat "there"

I'll answer your question. If ECS is stacking the box, Rivercrest could pass every down. The could miss on 1st and 2nd downs, connect on third and score all night. That would only be 33% pass completions. :0
By the way, ECS is like 98 completions out of 182 attempts. All but one pass from the starting QB. And yet, you claim to have the number 1 passing attack in 3A.
I don't know who claimed ECS had the #1 passing attack in 3A, but that is clearly not the case. Young QB has improved but he's still just the 3rd best QB ECS has had in the past 5 yrs! And not as many receivers who are threats as I past few years. But I think your stats are way off in terms of # of passes. Also, Freeman is not the best ever but he is awfully good. I haven't seen nearly all of the good 3A receivers this year, but of the good ones I have seen he is easily the best over the past 3 seasons.
ok you say he's a young qb and improving? Our qb is young and improving. It goes both ways my friend those satictics are true to a certain extent. We knew from the beginning we was going to be a running football team but all I said was the threat of passing is there. We just haven't used it much cause we haven't had to. When you have a running back running for 300-400 a game what's the need in passing? But if you think that then I hope the team thinks that as well cause it will come back and bite them.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ESPN Analyst on November 17, 2015, 10:24:10 am
State Champs you're acting like Rivercrest is 20x better than ECS and they are about to 90 piece them. Im sorry but I don't see the Colts winning this game.

This would be the young person who says ECS has #1 passing offense in 3A and is one of only three teams contending for state title. One of your fans.

cdelaney

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 18, 2015, 04:48:20 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on November 18, 2015, 04:36:04 pm
I hope Rivercrest is waaaaayyy better than Osceola. Because the way Greenland handled them the Curley Wolves will mercy rule a 10-1 Greenland. I've seen Episcopal play and colt fans I'm sorry but y'all's feelings are gonna get hurt. They have a rb that can GO. And plus they have a Freeman kid that is the best receiver I have ever seen.

When your a running team you don't have to throw much. The threat is there when we need it. And I would love to see who has thrown the ball 96 times. 4 or 5 different guys have thrown passes this year.

I'll answer your question. If ECS is stacking the box, Rivercrest could pass every down. The could miss on 1st and 2nd downs, connect on third and score all night. That would only be 33% pass completions. :0
By the way, ECS is like 98 completions out of 182 attempts. All but one pass from the starting QB. And yet, you claim to have the number 1 passing attack in 3A.
I don't know who claimed ECS had the #1 passing attack in 3A, but that is clearly not the case. Young QB has improved but he's still just the 3rd best QB ECS has had in the past 5 yrs! And not as many receivers who are threats as I past few years. But I think your stats are way off in terms of # of passes. Also, Freeman is not the best ever but he is awfully good. I haven't seen nearly all of the good 3A receivers this year, but of the good ones I have seen he is easily the best over the past 3 seasons.
ok you say he's a young qb and improving? Our qb is young and improving. It goes both ways my friend those satictics are true to a certain extent. We knew from the beginning we was going to be a running football team but all I said was the threat of passing is there. We just haven't used it much cause we haven't had to. When you have a running back running for 300-400 a game what's the need in passing? But if you think that then I hope the team thinks that as well cause it will come back and bite them.
Well if you read what I said, I was agreeing that ECS does not have the best passing attack in 3A,and not even close to where ECS has been the past few years; but I was taking up for the QB who got thrown in as a Soph who had never played one down of varsity and has done quite well for himself. Never tried to compare him to your QB, who I know nothing about.
If you can run it for 400 yds vs ECS you will probably win and you shouldn't pass much. My only real point is that since your running is your strength, it makes sense for ECS to focus on trying to stop the run and make Crest try to beat them with passing game, which maybe they will then do. And I assure you the various opinions expressed by me or any ECS fan, young or otherwise, have no impact on how ECS will prepare or play, and I am sure no impact on how Crest will prepare or play. The coaches will plan, and the kids will execute as best the can, and the best team on Friday night will win.

CornFields12

I did not claim that but okay...

cdelaney

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2015, 05:31:33 pm
State Champs you're acting like Rivercrest is 20x better than ECS and they are about to 90 piece them. Im sorry but I don't see the Colts winning this game.

This would be the young person who says ECS has #1 passing offense in 3A and is one of only three teams contending for state title. One of your fans.
He actually listed 3 teams with the best passing attack, ECS was one of them, in response to a post about Centerpoint having the best passing attack. I have no way of assessing whether they are top 3 or not, but they have a pretty good one, better than most of the teams I have seen. Their main asset on offense is that they are balanced, with a very good mix of running and passing.
I certainly would not have said ECS is one of the 3 top title contenders though. I personally won't give up on them until they are out of it, but realistically, not in the top 3 right now.

SR30

I have supported ECS for the most part but some of your players need to decide if they have what it takes to play the game. I personally watched one of your DB run away from a tackle while they played GR. If you don't believe me I have the Hudl link. Secondly your Qb is scared and runs for his life when under pressure. I mean this is high school level and you QB slides feet first on 4th down 4yds short of the first down marker? There comes a time when you have to decide do you really wanna be out on the field. I'm pulling for ECS so GR doesn't have to make a road trip but they are gonna have to find some intensity.

Paperman

Rivercrest is not way better than Osceola! But you can't go by the Seminoles play at Greenland either! They played bad football against the Pirates! Freeman and Robinson are great players for the Wildcats, but the Colts have their weapons as well! It should be a great offensive football game! I think the homefiield helps RHS pull out the win! I agree on Prescott blowing out Greenland! It should not be close!

NWA Hog

November 18, 2015, 09:30:51 pm #107 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:32:58 pm by ColtPride
Our starting quarterback, Kesler Pierce, is 29 of 76 (38%) for 534 yards, with 4 interceptions and 7 touchdowns. Preston Wilson, who started one game and played in a couple more, is 5 of 13 (38%) for 94 yards and one touchdown. Kesler is averaging 7.2 yards per attempt, Preston 7.0. We're averaging around 70 passing yards per game.

Sick Dog

sorry to disappoint all Colt fans but Episcopal will mercy rule you guys. Sorry I just call it like I see it.

CornFields12

Quote from: ColtPride on November 18, 2015, 09:30:51 pm
Our starting quarterback, Kesler Pierce, is 29 of 76 (38%) for 534 yards, with 4 interceptions and 7 touchdowns. Preston Wilson, who started one game and played in a couple more, is 5 of 13 (38%) for 94 yards and one touchdown. Kesler is averaging 7.2 yards per attempt, Preston 7.0. We're averaging around 70 passing yards per game.

PermaBan

The people from Mississippi County eat cereal with a fork to save milk. Be ready for a culture shock Ecs.

State champs 2010

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 18, 2015, 09:35:34 pm
Quote from: ColtPride on November 18, 2015, 09:30:51 pm
Some College and NFL teams qbs don't complete 60% of there passes.. The coach doesn't use his qb like he should. Pierce is 5'7 and can't see over the line but the coach wants him to stay in the pocket and throw over 6'3 6'4 lineman. He does a lot better from what I've seen when he's outside the pocket on the run with a very strong arm. hopefully we will see some bootleg passes Friday, Langston can also hurt you in the passing game as well.

State champs 2010

And don't think the colts only have one running back! The Wilson brothers can also run the ball as well and most of the time they give us big runs when the defense is keyed on Langston. I believe that's what is going to be the difference in the game for the colts!

Paperman

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 18, 2015, 09:34:42 pm
sorry to disappoint all Colt fans but Episcopal will mercy rule you guys. Sorry I just call it like I see it.
I will have to disagree with you SD! Colts will hold their own against the Wildcats!

Markadomous

Rivercrest... Face the facts... Y'all have a zero percent chance to beat episcopal. And yes Freeman is the best receiver I have ever seen. Maybe I have a sad life. But that kid is the real deal I promise. I'm a prescott fan. I've seen these guys play. They can score in bunches. Are they a contender? Maybe not. But they will beat y'all as had as they want.

Coltfan2005

November 18, 2015, 10:38:14 pm #115 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:41:41 pm by Coltfan2005
so we got sickpup and marcadoofus picking ECS to win by 35+. Is that right? And wasn't Marcdoofus the one making the remarks about the Cedarville coach? Maybe you guys should get off the computer and do your homework. That remedial English can be tough.

redandgray

A day away from gameday!  Praying for an injury free game on both sides and praying for safe travels for Episcopal team and fans.

KOJACK

If you read hooten's then you should know that Freeman has got to be on a short list of all time top receivers in the state. He holds the state record for yds receiving with 5381, state record for receiving td's with 62, and is 7 receptions away from most catches, which he will get Friday. Actions speak louder than words...

Fox32

Quote from: KOJACK on November 19, 2015, 08:21:14 am
If you read hooten's then you should know that Freeman has got to be on a short list of all time top receivers in the state. He holds the state record for yds receiving with 5381, state record for receiving td's with 62, and is 7 receptions away from most catches, which he will get Friday. Actions speak louder than words...
Tru Dat he's the kinda player that HD Nutt would refer to as "special". He will get open and the qb can get it to him. You just about have to dbl the kid and even then he might burn ya. I don't think that ECS will mercy rule RC but I think ECS will win. And tmrw night the truth shall be known.

OB11

Quote from: PermaBan on November 18, 2015, 09:39:30 pm
The people from Mississippi County eat cereal with a fork to save milk. Be ready for a culture shock Ecs.

How many of the ECS faithful have ever been to South Mississippi County or The Cotton Patch?  Entirely different world in that part of the state.  I would suggest you stop somewhere before the game and use the restroom and not drink any fluids until after you leave.  Also, Red Dog tracks are a real thing and still exist in some places.   

cdelaney

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 19, 2015, 09:50:16 am

How many of the ECS faithful have ever been to South Mississippi County or The Cotton Patch?  Entirely different world in that part of the state.  I would suggest you stop somewhere before the game and use the restroom and not drink any fluids until after you leave.  Also, Red Dog tracks are a real thing and still exist in some places.
Helpful. Thanks

OB11

Quote from: cdelaney on November 19, 2015, 10:09:54 am

Helpful. Thanks

I love Rivercrest. But the facilities there are...lacking to put it nicely. 

State champs 2010

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 19, 2015, 10:13:37 am
Quote from: cdelaney on November 19, 2015, 10:09:54 am

Helpful. Thanks

the good ole cotton patch!!  ;D

WildcatGrandpa13

I'll give my two cents: From what I hear about Langston the kid is solid. Real solid. I've seen tape of him and his monster of an OL, so Rivercrest is certainly going to put up a big test against the Wildcat defense. With that being said, I also think the Episcopal offense will put up a huge test for the Rivercrest D. If Robinson gets to the outside he's gone, and if you key on him you leave Freeman wide open. You key on Freeman, Robinson rolls. You try to use all your power to stop both, impact players like RJ Rice and Harris Bethel will beat you. ECS's offense is potent this year, and we shall see who can score more points on Friday...I'll go with the winner being whoever gets the ball last.

ReddieKnightTrojan

On the banks of the Mississippi River on the outskirts of Memphis, Tennessee, the Rivercrest Colts will be ousted from the 3A Football playoffs when they encounter D1 runningback Kelvin Richardson and receiver Allie Freeman. Their numbers are 7 and 11 respectively in case you want to write them down. With all the pride and effort associated with Mississippi County and the Cotton Patch, the Colts challenged the Wildcats, and their offense exploded. They couldn't slow down Richardson and when they would blitz or stunt, the Cats simply threw one up for Freeman. There's always next year!

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 19, 2015, 10:33:42 am
On the banks of the Mississippi River on the outskirts of Memphis, Tennessee, the Rivercrest Colts will be ousted from the 3A Football playoffs when they encounter D1 runningback Kelvin Richardson and receiver Allie Freeman. Their numbers are 7 and 11 respectively in case you want to write them down. With all the pride and effort associated with Mississippi County and the Cotton Patch, the Colts challenged the Wildcats, and their offense exploded. They couldn't slow down Richardson and when they would blitz or stunt, the Cats simply threw one up for Freeman. There's always next year!
If you are going to try to mock me, at least get your names right

cdelaney

I like your story except it's Robinson.

Wildcat

Think EPS can pull out a win. Didn't realize how good they really were until game against BK

ESPN Analyst

Y'all take things to seriously.. first of all this was towards the beginning of the season and i was listing 3 teams that I think are good. It was in no order... Jesus

redandgray

I think you meant absolutely horrific!  lol

ESPN Analyst

Quote from: cdelaney on November 18, 2015, 06:23:35 pm

He actually listed 3 teams with the best passing attack, ECS was one of them, in response to a post about Centerpoint having the best passing attack. I have no way of assessing whether they are top 3 or not, but they have a pretty good one, better than most of the teams I have seen. Their main asset on offense is that they are balanced, with a very good mix of running and passing.
I certainly would not have said ECS is one of the 3 top title contenders though. I personally won't give up on them until they are out of it, but realistically, not in the top 3 right now.
Just now seeing this. Thank you for clarifying me cdelaney

CornFields12

Quote from: Wildcat on November 19, 2015, 11:06:23 am
Think EPS can pull out a win. Didn't realize how good they really were until game against BK
ECS. It's ECS.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: cdelaney on November 19, 2015, 10:41:46 am
I like your story except it's Robinson.
Semantics

OB11

Quote from: redandgray on November 19, 2015, 11:45:36 am

I did...was trying to be nice. haha.  They may very well be the worst in the state.  Regardless of classification.

cdelaney

Quote from: CornFields12 on November 19, 2015, 11:48:42 am
ECS. It's ECS.
EPC works also. Or EC$

redandgray

There's already an EPC around here

redandgray

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 19, 2015, 12:41:52 pm
Quote from: redandgray on November 19, 2015, 11:45:36 am

I did...was trying to be nice. haha.  They may very well be the worst in the state.  Regardless of classification.
Hahaha.  I completely agree.  It's just sad. 

WPWells

Quote from: cdelaney on November 19, 2015, 12:44:14 pm
ECS. It's ECS.
EPC works also. Or EC$

I saw a poster refer to them as EPS. Is that acceptable? And if so, is EP$ a suitable alternative?

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2015, 12:53:37 pm
ECS. It's ECS.
EPC works also. Or EC$

I saw a poster refer to them as EPS. Is that acceptable? And if so, is EP$ a suitable alternative?
At this point I think as long as there is an E, plus two more capital letters or symbols like $ or maybe an ampersand, it's fine. Whatever.

WPWells

November 19, 2015, 01:05:32 pm #139 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:30:39 pm by 12th Man CHS
Quote from: cdelaney on November 19, 2015, 01:03:23 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2015, 12:53:37 pm
ECS. It's ECS.
EPC works also. Or EC$

At this point I think as long as there is an E, plus two more capital letters or symbols like $ or maybe an ampersand, it's fine. Whatever.

EJQ
EEE
ERS
EMT
EY^

Paperman

ReddieKnightTrojan

ECPSFTRAA
Episcopal Collegiate Preparatory School for the Rich and Athletic

Longfellow

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 19, 2015, 01:56:15 pm
ECPSFTRAA
Episcopal Collegiate Preparatory School for the Rich and Athletic
That about covers it

Coltfan2005

The Colts used to face a guy called marcus Monk every year. They shut him down, every year.

CornFields12

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2015, 02:34:58 pm
The Colts used to face a guy called marcus Monk every year. They shut him down, every year.
We don't have a guy named Marcus Monk

redandgray

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2015, 02:34:58 pm
We had better players then also.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ESPN Analyst on November 19, 2015, 11:18:45 am
Quote from: ESPN Analyst on November 19, 2015, 11:18:45 am

Y'all take things to seriously.. first of all this was towards the beginning of the season and i was listing 3 teams that I think are good. It was in no order... Jesus

What about Jesus? You made one of these statements 9 days ago, they other 4 days before that. Is that what you call they first of the season? Really? And if it was in no order, why would you say they were THE top three and actually put numbers beside them?

Paperman

Yeah! What about it? Stand by your post!

ISU7

I do agree that Robinson will be tough on the Colts. They have trouble tackling bigger backs. It's gone be tough for our defense. 

redandgray

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas