• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce comes to Lamar

Started by mudd puddle, November 13, 2015, 09:46:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

I wouldn't make any predictions on this one. With that line, Lamar always had a chance, but they have just taken such  big hits injury-wise that it is hard to know how things will go.

Danold Dump

To properly answer your question...No, Lamar doesnt have a chance. Dump out

Longfellow

You are crazy if you think Lamar wins this game. You are even crazier if you think that Fordyce blows them out. Fordyce by 12

Lions84

TheTruth2010

If Lamar was full strength we would score 34 with ease. I still think we can score 34 and I don't think it is impossible for Lamar to win. Lamar is not Haskell and if Fordyce repeats that performance Lamar will win going away.

swissroll101

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 16, 2015, 02:46:40 pm
If Lamar was full strength we would score 34 with ease. I still think we can score 34 and I don't think it is impossible for Lamar to win. Lamar is not Haskell and if Fordyce repeats that performance Lamar will win going away.

And Fordyce is not Paris......

bigcat72

I don't feel Lamar will turn it over 5 times like they did at Paris.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 16, 2015, 02:57:36 pm
I don't feel Lamar will turn it over 5 times like they did at Paris.

Especially since a good percentage of our carries will be non-handoff QB keepers.

xadboy

Quote from: swissroll101 on November 16, 2015, 02:55:01 pm
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 16, 2015, 02:46:40 pm

And Fordyce is not Paris......

Comparing teams that Lamar and Fordyce have played is useless unless they are a common opponent.

That being said, I believe if Lamar plays up to their potential they will win going away.

Lineman

If Lamar can find the intensity they had against charleston they'll have no problem making it to WMS in December.

macadoshis

Quote from: mack truck on November 16, 2015, 10:13:32 am
Quote from: macadoshis on November 16, 2015, 09:02:08 am
Well I've seen 7 game films now this weekend.  (And don't call me PB). Lol.    I feel pretty good about our chances Friday night.  A lot better than i did before watching for myslef.

So you seen game film on Fordyce? How do yall plan on stopping them? Just curious to know.
A race horse can't win the race if he can't get outta the gates.  Were gonna get push with front 7 and key on Gates and make someone else beat us.  I know he's better than any back we've faced but Cedar Ridge average 350 a game oon the ground and we held them to under 70 until wwe pulled out starters.  If we fo that and he still get his and you guys win, I'll be the first to give you props.

xadboy

Quote from: macadoshis on November 16, 2015, 04:35:59 pm
Well I've seen 7 game films now this weekend.  (And don't call me PB). Lol.    I feel pretty good about our chances Friday night.  A lot better than i did before watching for myslef.

So you seen game film on Fordyce? How do yall plan on stopping them? Just curious to know.
A race horse can't win the race if he can't get outta the gates.  Were gonna get push with front 7 and key on Gates and make someone else beat us.  I know he's better than any back we've faced but Cedar Ridge average 350 a game oon the ground and we held them to under 70 until wwe pulled out starters.  If we fo that and he still get his and you guys win, I'll be the first to give you props.
Well stated Mac, Lamar's defense is better than people think. The only times we have struggled was when we turned the ball over several times like we did against Paris (5 or 6 times). If we take care of the ball and control the time of possession like we did in our victories then we can defeat Fordyce.

Stoneybologna

If the D-line is as dominant as they were against Cedar Ridge, then I see us beating Fordyce. Our defense will suffer with losing Wilkins last week. Our linebacker group has really took a big hit due to losing both him and Davenport. However Mayes did fill in well, and I feel like him, Felkins, and Mueller can still stop the ground game. It all starts with the big boys though. If Lovell, Chenault and Pledger  come out with the intensity like they did last week, it's going to be hard to get past them.

Longfellow

Down their top 2 running threats, best receiver is playing quarterback now, lost 2 starting linebackers. I don't think Lamar can pull this one out. That's a tall order with Fordyce's run game being so good

Stoneybologna

Don't count them out that's for sure. The injuries has just caused other players to really step up. Not sure what Kern rushed for last week, but it was a ton. Him and Hency really mix it up well. Wyatt has really stepped up to and made some nice grabs.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Stoneybologna on November 16, 2015, 05:15:22 pm
Not sure what Kern rushed for last week, but it was a ton. Him and Hency really mix it up well. Wyatt has really stepped up to and made some nice grabs.

Kern really showed me something. He doesn't get in a hurry, let's the line do its job, and then picks his hole. And of course, he weighs about 220, so that doesn't hurt. And if he just falls forward, we gain three yards.

I was really impressed with the receptions the kids made. All three passes were right on, but if the receivers hadn't made some great catches, it would not have happened.

macadoshis

Quote from: Longfellow on November 16, 2015, 05:06:05 pm
Down their top 2 running threats, best receiver is playing quarterback now, lost 2 starting linebackers. I don't think Lamar can pull this one out. That's a tall order with Fordyce's run game being so good
Kern ran for 254 an threw foor another 131.  We have the receivers there if we need them.  This game will be won on the defensive side of the ball for the Warriors

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on November 16, 2015, 05:47:22 pm
Kern ran for 254 an threw foor another 131.

Not a bad performance for his first game as a QB.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hootens has this as the 3A Game of the Week. They pick Fordyce by two points.

scarboro69

Quote from: xadboy on November 16, 2015, 08:40:21 am
Quote from: scarboro69 on November 16, 2015, 08:02:34 am
Quote from: xadboy on November 15, 2015, 09:08:23 pm
Quote from: Fox32 on November 15, 2015, 07:03:41 pm
Gonna go with the guys who play in the "SEC West of 3A".
The bugs by 8
Lamar wins going away 34 to 13.
Lamar will not score 34 points against Fordyce.
Think they'll score more than 34?
No. Fordyce's defense is pretty solid.

scarboro69

Quote from: Stoneybologna on November 16, 2015, 04:59:59 pm
If the D-line is as dominant as they were against Cedar Ridge, then I see us beating Fordyce.
Has your D-Line faced up with an O-Line as good as Fordyce's?  Have they faced a set of backs as good as Fordyce's?

Stoneybologna

Personally I don't think we've faced a back as talented as Gates. Does that mean I don't think we can stop him? No. Our D-line will have to be firing on all cylinders or we will be in trouble. I don't doubt our big boys though. They've proven themselves year in and year out, as most of them have started on the line since sophomore year. Shaping up to be a good game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

At least we have another full week to work with Kern at QB, getting the kinks worked out. Might be interesting.

scarboro69

Quote from: macadoshis on November 16, 2015, 04:35:59 pm

A race horse can't win the race if he can't get outta the gates.  Were gonna get push with front 7 and key on Gates and make someone else beat us.  I know he's better than any back we've faced but Cedar Ridge average 350 a game on the ground and we held them to under 70 until we pulled out starters.  If we do that and he still get his and you guys win, I'll be the first to give you props.
Fordyce has a whole lot more speed than Lamar does.  That speed makes a huge difference in the running game, even if I'm not talking about just the RB. The O-Line is really quick off the ball and most of them are pretty big too, I think their smallest lineman is about 200 lbs with their biggest being a sophomore around 305 lbs.

Stoneybologna

Speed does kill. We learned that when we played Danville. The way we put a stop to Cedar Ridge's run game has me feeling pretty good about this week though.

Proud Buckaroo

You cannot compare cedar ridge run game to Fordyce run game.

macadoshis

Stoneybologna

I understand that. The odds are definitely stacked against us Friday night. The injuries are really beginning to haunt us at this point in the season. If Davenport and Wilkins were still healthy, there would be no doubt in my mind that we could put a stop to Gates and the Fordyce run game. I still believe we can stop it. The big boys will hopefully make up for that lost ground. I guess we will see.

Proud Buckaroo

Gates has averaged 250 yards and 3 TDs a game.

macadoshis

I wanna see someone else run the ball besides Gates.  That's all I've seen so far on film.  I just wish mine was getting to play in this one.

macadoshis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 17, 2015, 10:00:28 am
I'd average 250 a game too if I was the only player touching the ball

Proud Buckaroo

They do run more than him. If you go to maxpreps. You'd see that there are several backs that have yardage.  turner runs the ball well. He's more of a straight ahead back.

KOJACK

Quote from: macadoshis on November 17, 2015, 10:02:27 am
actually it is 176 yds a game and 2.4 Td's a game...but who's really keeping track  ;D

whitecoco

Without Lamar's #1 guy, Fordyce should have no problem. Fordyce's defense against a backup QB should create a low-scoring game for one team....

scarboro69

Quote from: macadoshis on November 17, 2015, 10:01:39 am
I wanna see someone else run the ball besides Gates.  That's all I've seen so far on film.  I just wish mine was getting to play in this one.
What game film are you talking about? Gates gets the most touches but there are plenty of other backs running the ball. You can't get mad at Fordyce for giving Gates the ball the most. Every team has that one player who gets the ball the most. You know that's true.

Proud Buckaroo

Stoneybologna

We do feed Kern the ball a lot as well, but he's not the only play maker. It makes sense though. Run a big boy behind a big line and it really wears a team out.

foxhole1220

The Johnson kid from BHG touched the ball about every play and he only got 41 yards. 

mack truck

Im pretty sure after Friday you be hoping someone runs the ball besides Gates after yall GREAT D-line is tired of trying to take him down. And keep thinking Gates is the only one who runs the ball. I hope your team isn't thinking like this, if so; yall season will be over Friday.

Stoneybologna

I don't think they will be "tired" of bringing him down. These boys had to tackle Davenport in practice, not sure if you've seen how hard he ran the ball, but it doesn't get much harder than that.

mack truck

Quote from: Stoneybologna on November 17, 2015, 11:14:06 am
I don't think they will be "tired" of bringing him down. These boys had to tackle Davenport in practice, not sure if you've seen how hard he ran the ball, but it doesn't get much harder than that.

Not saying you won't or can't bring him down.It won't be as easy as you make it sound.

KOJACK

Interseting...Both teams think the other one sucks so hopefully that means the loser of this game disappears for about 8 months.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I think everyone at Lamar feels like we will have our work cut out for us - at best. We are still adjusting to the personnel losses. We still have some weapons left, but how well we can slow down your RB is a question. The team played a lot better against Cedar Ridge than I thought they could, with some new wrinkles, so that gives me hope; but we will have a hard time overcoming the injuries.

macadoshis

Quote from: scarboro69 on November 17, 2015, 10:28:18 am
What game film are you talking about? Gates gets the most touches but there are plenty of other backs running the ball. You can't get mad at Fordyce for giving Gates the ball the most. Every team has that one player who gets the ball the most. You know that's true.
I have no problem at all with the best player getting the most touches.  We did it the same way before HD went down.  We did it Friday night. I'm not saying other players dont carry the ball.  What im saying is if we want to win the game we have to make those other guys do the bulk of the load

strongandsteady

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on November 17, 2015, 12:13:12 pm
What im saying is if we want to win the game we have to make those other guys do the bulk of the load

Exactly right. The main man is carrying the ball the most because he is the best. If he weren't, he wouldn't be running as much. We have to make Fordyce use Plan B at least some of the time, and assume that Plan B is not as good as Plan A.

foxhole1220

I think it will be a dog fight.  All comes down to whose defense shows up.

The Classic

Or if like in Gates case he does something special when he gets it... Other backs help take the load off of Gates but he makes something happen no matter what. And seeing as he plays offense, defense, and all special teams, then still has the stamina to out run the competition shows how good he really is.

Clara Allen

Omg-    Does Gates actually need the other 10?   I'm beginning to think he snaps the ball to himself, blocks for himself, and everything else.

WPWells

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 17, 2015, 05:20:56 pm
Omg-    Does Gates actually need the other 10?   I'm beginning to think he snaps the ball to himself, blocks for himself, and everything else.

He does. I'll post a YouTube demonstration later

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas