• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce comes to Lamar

Started by mudd puddle, November 13, 2015, 09:46:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jazdill

Best crew I recall seeing in a very long time. If anyone thinks that crew was bad they have not watched very much high school football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigcat72

I was not trying to be gramatic. Just thought you had his name wrong. No harm no foul.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: HF on November 20, 2015, 09:51:05 pm
So....Has Lamar found their mojo?
They must have found at least some of it.   Don't think they could have hung with Fordyce a month ago.  This sounds like it was one heck of an exciting game.   

xadboy

Stew was great, game was awesome and no injuries. What a game. No crow for me PB, maybe next week.

Fordyce fans please tell #3 Gate's that he is one heck of an athletic player, enjoyed watching him play. They played hard and clean. It sucks that someone had to lose a game like this. Fordyce was everything y'all said they was. Congrats to Fordyce on a good season.

mudd puddle

Quote from: xadboy on November 21, 2015, 12:16:58 am
Stew was great, game was awesome and no injuries. What a game. No crow for me PB, maybe next week.

Fordyce fans please tell #3 Gate's that he is one heck of an athletic player, enjoyed watching him play. They played hard and clean. It sucks that someone had to lose a game like this. Fordyce was everything y'all said they was. Congrats to Fordyce on a good season.

Well said. Well said!

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 21, 2015, 12:07:37 am
Quote from: HF on November 20, 2015, 09:51:05 pm
So....Has Lamar found their mojo?
They must have found at least some of it.   Don't think they could have hung with Fordyce a month ago.  This sounds like it was one heck of an exciting game.
If Lamar was full strength you don't think they would have handled Fordyce? Well that's because we would have beat Paris tonight ;)

MICHAELSPAPPY

What were Kern's stats for the night? Anyone know?

BUCK FEVER

Not shocked, but a bit surprised, I would have lost money on this one, ......congrats to Lamar.

sledgehammer

The officials took that game from Fordyce in the end. The strip and run which happen twice was blown dead with the back continuing to make forward progress. The clock not running, which allows Lamar get a play in without the game or play clock being a factor. Now with that be said Fordyce made mistakes but when the game on the line let the players decide the outcome not the officials. It was pretty bad the last 6 min of the game. I know my kid was held on several plays the official saw but not one flag. Lamar receivers jump just about every play snap on offense the ref overlooked some of those jumps. Oh well, I like Lamar unwilling to quit that what it take to win in the end. Good luck to you guys.

Clara Allen

Sledgehammer, your Redbug team is pretty impressive.  The only name I heard all week was Gates this and Gates that.  The hype was well deserved, but my goodness, your whole team is impressive.  Officiating was spotty on both sides of the ball.  I still don't know what you guys got the sideline penalty for.  That being said, we made mistakes and jumping is one problem we have had all year long. Whatever we do from here on out is bonus given our injuries and freshmen playing in places where juniors and seniors have been in. 

TheTruth2010

Quote from: sledgehammer on November 21, 2015, 09:44:55 am
The officials took that game from Fordyce in the end. The strip and run which happen twice was blown dead with the back continuing to make forward progress. The clock not running, which allows Lamar get a play in without the game or play clock being a factor. Now with that be said Fordyce made mistakes but when the game on the line let the players decide the outcome not the officials. It was pretty bad the last 6 min of the game. I know my kid was held on several plays the official saw but not one flag. Lamar receivers jump just about every play snap on offense the ref overlooked some of those jumps. Oh well, I like Lamar unwilling to quit that what it take to win in the end. Good luck to you guys. Are you going to blame the officials for letting little # 5 from a team with no speed smoke your defense all night long?

jazdill

The officials took that game from Fordyce in the end. The strip and run which happen twice was blown dead with the back continuing to make forward progress. The clock not running, which allows Lamar get a play in without the game or play clock being a factor. Now with that be said Fordyce made mistakes but when the game on the line let the players decide the outcome not the officials. It was pretty bad the last 6 min of the game. I know my kid was held on several plays the official saw but not one flag. Lamar receivers jump just about every play snap on offense the ref overlooked some of those jumps. Oh well, I like Lamar unwilling to quit that what it take to win in the end. Good luck to you guys.

Actually if you want to get technical about the strip and run Fordyce should have been called for a "Delay of game penalty" because the play was blown dead well before the strip took place and Fordyce player held up the game by running with the ball....that's why they stopped clock. Fordyce actually got a break on that one. Learn the rules. If that was not the rule defense could waste lots of time every down by picking up football and running with it   lol

Fordyce had plenty of chances to win......If Gates could hold on to the ball game over. Do not see were refs caused him to fumble!!!!

Football is a game of momentum and breaks...ball does not always bounce your way, but did bounce Fordyce way plenty last night. Ball bounced both ways last night, Lamar took advantage of their breaks Fordyce did not. Lamar earned the win last night just as Danville and Paris earned the win over the Warriors.

MICHAELSPAPPY

For you Lamar old-timers, where does  this win rank on the all-time list? I am sure there were some rivalry wins back in the old days. The win that got you to the Final Four a few years back had to have been special. Charleston this year was a big deal, same with the wins over Clarksville. Just curious.

jazdill

Best high school game I ever watched. Not saying best teams but by far most entertaining. For sure the biggest win ever on Warrior field.

Clara Allen

Pappy I have been watching Lamar football on a regular basis since 2003.  This  ranks with the Clarksville game of 2005, the Perryville game of 2008,  the Paris game of 2009, the charleston game of 2008- even tho we lost, last year's Danville game and this year's charleston game.  I have seen the progression of 0-fer to winning seasons.  These games are my opinion.  Others may see it differently.

xadboy

Why blame the officials? They called a holding penalty against Lamar that ended up putting Lamar in a 4th and long situation. But on fourth down Lamar completed a pass to get first down. Another fourth down play lamar had 4th and 12, they handed the ball off to #5 who broke away and ran all the way for a TD. Had Fordyce stopped them then I imagine you would have seen the game a bit differently.

Gate's is the real deal, felt like we held him in check except for two or three plays. Said on earlier post that if we could hold Gate's in check that we would have a chance to win.

Thought the refs did a pretty good job. They let them play for the most part. Don't believe it cost Fordyce the game. Blocked extra point, Fordyce unable to catch the ball on the onside kick and not stopping Lamar and Two HUGE fourth down plays, is what cost them the win.

BAMA#16

Good game from both sides from what I'm reading, congrats warriors, and good luck the rest of the way.

nastynice

Congrats to Coach Jones. Awesome to see you pull it out. Crush Preskitt!

mack truck

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 21, 2015, 10:45:36 am
The officials took that game from Fordyce in the end. The strip and run which happen twice was blown dead with the back continuing to make forward progress. The clock not running, which allows Lamar get a play in without the game or play clock being a factor. Now with that be said Fordyce made mistakes but when the game on the line let the players decide the outcome not the officials. It was pretty bad the last 6 min of the game. I know my kid was held on several plays the official saw but not one flag. Lamar receivers jump just about every play snap on offense the ref overlooked some of those jumps. Oh well, I like Lamar unwilling to quit that what it take to win in the end. Good luck to you guys. Are you going to blame the officials for letting little # 5 from a team with no speed smoke your defense all night long?

To my understanding Gates was already on the ground when the ball came out.One official said it wasn't a fumble, the other official said it wasn't, but right after that I saw a clean strip and didn't hear a whistle blown until our guy was up field.Im not blaming the officials, because when you play a team close, officiating can play a part;especially when it's home field advantage. Our defense got distracted by some balls calls and they were more focused on that. That's what caused us the game.

mack truck

Quote from: xadboy on November 21, 2015, 12:26:13 pm
Why blame the officials? They called a holding penalty against Lamar that ended up putting Lamar in a 4th and long situation. But on fourth down Lamar completed a pass to get first down. Another fourth down play lamar had 4th and 12, they handed the ball off to #5 who broke away and ran all the way for a TD. Had Fordyce stopped them then I imagine you would have seen the game a bit differently.

Gate's is the real deal, felt like we held him in check except for two or three plays. Said on earlier post that if we could hold Gate's in check that we would have a chance to win.

Thought the refs did a pretty good job. They let them play for the most part. Don't believe it cost Fordyce the game. Blocked extra point, Fordyce unable to catch the ball on the onside kick and not stopping Lamar and Two HUGE fourth down plays, is what cost them the win.

Don't see where Gates was held in check, He rushed for 200 yards. Don't get me wrong, your team had a strong qb and good RB. That's all I saw. Our defense made gave up too many points.

Clara Allen

If not allowing Gates to gain 300 yards against us, then I guess we held him in check.  Tremendous athlete.  Fordyce's #2 was impressive as well.
On
Another note and certainly not wanting to stir the pot-   While the young ladies from Fordyce that I spoke to Friday night were very polite and sweet, I was distressed to hear about some fans who were a little less than.  Cussing some of our administrators before and after the game.  Kind of colored my opinion of your school.   Granted we have done rowdy and rude fans, but seriously, a request to move a vehicle out from in front of a gate is not grounds for a f bomb cussing.  Just saying.  And yes, I got this from the admin it happened to

Sick Dog

Sound like Lamar are perfect little angels also. no one cusses from Lamar. Dang. Yall are just the greatest people on earth huh? Greatest football team ever, greatest people ever....... for some reason no one else thinks of you people like you do......

KOJACK

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 22, 2015, 09:31:00 am
If not allowing Gates to gain 300 yards against us, then I guess we held him in check.  Tremendous athlete.  Fordyce's #2 was impressive as well.
On
Another note and certainly not wanting to stir the pot-   While the young ladies from Fordyce that I spoke to Friday night were very polite and sweet, I was distressed to hear about some fans who were a little less than.  Cussing some of our administrators before and after the game.  Kind of colored my opinion of your school.   Granted we have done rowdy and rude fans, but seriously, a request to move a vehicle out from in front of a gate is not grounds for a f bomb cussing.  Just saying.  And yes, I got this from the admin it happened to
Your admin shoulda had the vehicle towed. That's how you deal with idiots imo...

Clara Allen

That's what he told them.  Finally they moved it but not after giving our guy a very colorful account of what he could do with the tow truck

Clara Allen

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 22, 2015, 09:51:35 am
Sound like Lamar are perfect little angels also. no one cusses from Lamar. Dang. Yall are just the greatest people on earth huh? Greatest football team ever, greatest people ever....... for some reason no one else thinks of you people like you do......

Oh please!   I never said we are perfect Angels.  I live here and know better.  I guarantee if I were asked at Fordyce or anyplace else to move my vehicle, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  It was not a rude or random request. The car was blocking a gate in front of our extra parking area   There was a ton of room to move it.  So lighten up on me

xadboy

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 22, 2015, 09:51:35 am
So what your saying is its ok to park your car blocking the parking area where no one else can park? Then cuss the people that ask you to please move the car? This person had the entire area blocked and it was me who had to go to the administration to get them to move. Had it been up to me that fan wouldn't have been allowed in the stadium after the way he talked to us.

Lineman

I can't believe the nerve of some people!!  Putting a gate to extra parking right where that guy parked his car. Shame on you Lamar, SHAME!!

Sick Dog

Don't you know how much ignorance is in the world today? why even bring that up on here and complain about it? Fordyce isn't the only place in the world where ignorance resides.

The Classic

Quote from: jazdill on November 21, 2015, 11:42:44 am

Actually if you want to get technical about the strip and run Fordyce should have been called for a "Delay of game penalty" because the play was blown dead well before the strip took place and Fordyce player held up the game by running with the ball....that's why they stopped clock. Fordyce actually got a break on that one. Learn the rules. If that was not the rule defense could waste lots of time every down by picking up football and running with it   lol

Fordyce had plenty of chances to win......If Gates could hold on to the ball game over. Do not see were refs caused him to fumble!!!!

Football is a game of momentum and breaks...ball does not always bounce your way, but did bounce Fordyce way plenty last night. Ball bounced both ways last night, Lamar took advantage of their breaks Fordyce did not. Lamar earned the win last night just as Danville and Paris earned the win over the Warriors.
The refs didn't cause him to fumble... Because he didn't fumble... That's the whole point, he was down already. But I won't take anything from Lamar, great team, best of luck to y'all

xadboy

Quote from: Lineman on November 22, 2015, 09:12:24 pm
I can't believe the nerve of some people!!  Putting a gate to extra parking right where that guy parked his car. Shame on you Lamar, SHAME!!
I know right! LOL!

xadboy

Quote from: mack truck on November 22, 2015, 09:05:17 am

Don't see where Gates was held in check, He rushed for 200 yards. Don't get me wrong, your team had a strong qb and good RB. That's all I saw. Our defense made gave up too many points.
Yes he did have 200, but he got 70 of those yards on one play. So I would say we held him in check for the most part.

KOJACK

Quote from: xadboy on November 23, 2015, 12:03:36 am

Yes he did have 200, but he got 70 of those yards on one play. So I would say we held him in check for the most part.
So do those 70 count? You better move on from Fordyce and start enjoy your last week in football.

randleaudrey

November 23, 2015, 10:52:57 am #282 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:55:09 am by randleaudrey
Quote from: KOJACK on November 23, 2015, 07:52:51 am

So do those 70 count? You better move on from Fordyce and start enjoy your last week in football.

Legend

Id say this would be up there but not like the Charleston game. If they lost the Charleston game this game wouldnt be happening so its below the Charleston win IMO

xadboy

Quote from: KOJACK on November 23, 2015, 07:52:51 am

The 70 counts of course, but is was the only big running play he had. So I'd say that we held him check for the most part. In an earlier post I stated that if we held Gates mostly in check we would have a chance to win and did win the game. It could very well be our last week of football this year, but what a year!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas