• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce comes to Lamar

Started by mudd puddle, November 13, 2015, 09:46:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

macadoshis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 17, 2015, 05:46:07 pm
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 17, 2015, 05:20:56 pm
Omg-    Does Gates actually need the other 10?   I'm beginning to think he snaps the ball to himself, blocks for himself, and everything else.

He does. I'll post a YouTube demonstration later
Reminds me of myself in my younger days

Clara Allen

The Classic

Omg-    Does Gates actually need the other 10?   I'm beginning to think he snaps the ball to himself, blocks for himself, and everything else.
Sometimes he even referees the games he's playing.

Longfellow

Quote from: The Classic on November 17, 2015, 09:02:53 pm
Sometimes he even referees the games he's playing.
I did that once. I gave myself one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty but I didn't want to risk giving myself another, so I told the coach (me) not to put myself back into the game or I would toss myself from the game. I hope Gates never has to deal with that lol

Clara Allen

Well me might as well stay home Friday.  Obviously we cannot handle this guy..... I think I'll show up.  I've never met Superman. 

Lineman

A real player would have ejected himself from the game.

The Classic

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 17, 2015, 09:19:10 pm
Well me might as well stay home Friday.  Obviously we cannot handle this guy..... I think I'll show up.  I've never met Superman.
Then you should probably get his autograph Friday, might be your only chance to meet him after y'all are beat out of the playoffs.

Clara Allen

Quote from: The Classic on November 17, 2015, 09:21:03 pm
Then you should probably get his autograph Friday, might be your only chance to meet him after y'all are beat out of the playoffs.

Whatever.....😖

MICHAELSPAPPY

Has anyone one here actually seen both teams play?

scarboro69

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 18, 2015, 07:07:19 am
That's unlikely since the teams are so far away from each other

swissroll101

Quote from: Stoneybologna on November 17, 2015, 11:14:06 am
I don't think they will be "tired" of bringing him down. These boys had to tackle Davenport in practice, not sure if you've seen how hard he ran the ball, but it doesn't get much harder than that.

Really? So they let the defense tackle their starting QB and biggest playmaker in practice? Wow, now that takes stones.

macadoshis

Quote from: swissroll101 on November 18, 2015, 08:16:17 am
I don't think they will be "tired" of bringing him down. These boys had to tackle Davenport in practice, not sure if you've seen how hard he ran the ball, but it doesn't get much harder than that.

Really? So they let the defense tackle their starting QB and biggest playmaker in practice? Wow, now that takes stones.
Its a mans game up here boys.  No green jerseys

macadoshis

What's the weather supposed to be like?  If its in the 40's I may have to bust out the winter wear and go long sleeves with my shorts

KOJACK

Quote from: macadoshis on November 18, 2015, 08:50:15 am
What's the weather supposed to be like?  If its in the 40's I may have to bust out the winter wear and go long sleeves with my shorts
The weather will play a factor. I'm gonna set the over/under at 45. If the temp is below that for at least half the game Lamar wins, if it stays above 45 Fordyce takes it.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: The Classic on November 17, 2015, 09:21:03 pm

WE SHALL SEE!

Hitman Warrior23

Does anyone know what Gates run his 40 in?

WPWells

Clara Allen

Hitman Warrior23

November 18, 2015, 10:06:38 am #118 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:10:29 am by Hitman Warrior23

The Classic

Quote from: KOJACK on November 18, 2015, 09:07:14 am
Quote from: macadoshis on November 18, 2015, 08:50:15 am
The weather will play a factor. I'm gonna set the over/under at 45. If the temp is below that for at least half the game Lamar wins, if it stays above 45 Fordyce takes it.
You think being in south Arkansas makes that big of a weather difference?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: macadoshis on November 18, 2015, 08:43:25 am

physical and elusive are two different things.

macadoshis

Quote from: Oldman on November 18, 2015, 11:03:10 am

True, but physical and elusive is a deadly combination

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: macadoshis on November 18, 2015, 12:11:37 pm
Quote from: Oldman on November 18, 2015, 11:03:10 am

True, but physical and elusive is a deadly combination
speed and elusive better. can't tackle what you can't touch. that is not a prediction by the way. I have not seen lamar. gates is pretty good.

xadboy

Gate's this, Gate's that, Gate's blah blah blah blah. One can't win a game alone. He hasn't seen a defense like Lamar is going to put on him!

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: xadboy on November 18, 2015, 01:26:34 pm
Gate's this, Gate's that, Gate's blah blah blah blah. One can't win a game alone. He hasn't seen a defense like Lamar is going to put on him!
you mean the one that gave up 40 to Danville and 38 to paris? he may not have seen one like that. let the grown ups talk.

tanman6334

I think this game can go either way Friday night. Lamar is going to have to get a few kinks out of their offense that they had last week. On defense if gates is as good they say he is he will be difficult  to stop. I think Lamar can win this game if they play to their highest ability. All in all I hope for a good injury free football this Friday best of luck to both teams.

xadboy

Quote from: Oldman on November 18, 2015, 01:56:21 pm
you mean the one that gave up 40 to Danville and 38 to paris? he may not have seen one like that. let the grown ups talk.
Oldman go back to the retirement home and let people that aren't senile talk. If you knew anything about those games, then you'd know our defense didn't give up those points. We turned the ball over to many times in those two games. It wasn't the defense's fault.

Clara Allen

Amen to injury free.  On both sides.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: xadboy on November 18, 2015, 03:06:17 pm
Oldman go back to the retirement home and let people that aren't senile talk. If you knew anything about those games, then you'd know our defense didn't give up those points. We turned the ball over to many times in those two games. It wasn't the defense's fault.
with age comes wisdom. I can see you are very young.

xadboy

Quote from: Oldman on November 18, 2015, 03:56:05 pm
Oldman you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. Don't forget to stop and pick up some depends on the way back to the home.

Longfellow

Quote from: xadboy on November 18, 2015, 04:10:25 pm
Oldman you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. Don't forget to stop and pick up some depends on the way back to the home.
Wow! You can't talk football so you attack posters. Real nice. If any Lamar posters who aren't stupid would like to talk football, I'll be waiting

xadboy

Quote from: Longfellow on November 18, 2015, 04:21:32 pm
Wow! You can't talk football so you attack posters. Real nice. If any Lamar posters who aren't stupid would like to talk football, I'll be waiting
Longfellow if you read the entire thread, i just responded to his attack on me. I'll talk football all day long but if you attack then I will defend.

Peace, love and harmony!!

scarboro69

swissroll101

Ok all the Lamar folks convinced me......I'm going with

Lamar- 54

Fordyce- 3 
(field goal from Gates because obviously he isn't getting in the end zone)

mudd puddle

November 18, 2015, 09:42:32 pm #135 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:54:50 pm by mudd puddle
Quote from: scarboro69 on November 18, 2015, 06:31:54 pm
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 18, 2015, 09:46:39 am
Around a 4.7

I think we can handle that the backs we have struggled against were quick and smaller with break away speed.    I was very impressed with Kerns this past weekend.   We will obviously see,, but he ran good and threw the ball good.   He may just be able to do it.  I'd bet he is 4.7 as well

swissroll101

I haven't seen Lamar play but from what I've read on here they have the best defense in 3A and they have 14 players that can beat Gates in a foot race......spells trouble for the Bugs. Oh well.....atleast I'll be duck hunting the next morning.

xadboy

Wasn't going to respond to your "stupid" remark, but it has bothered me. If you read what I posted its a statement about Lamar's defense and that one player can't win the game alone. How is that attacking or stupid as you called me? I got belittled by oldman and now you Longfellow and I defended my self. I sure hope not all Fordyce fans are like you 2.

Now with that being said, I do think Lamar has the defense to contain Fordyce and hold Gate's in check. But we will have to control the ball and time of possession without turning the ball over like we did against Danville and Paris. Hope we have an exciting and injury free game as we here at Lamar have seen enough young men getting hurt.

Roll Tribe!!!

TeeLee

Quote from: xadboy on November 18, 2015, 11:31:58 pm
Wasn't going to respond to your "stupid" remark, but it has bothered me. If you read what I posted its a statement about Lamar's defense and that one player can't win the game alone. How is that attacking or stupid as you called me? I got belittled by oldman and now you Longfellow and I defended my self. I sure hope not all Fordyce fans are like you 2.

Now with that being said, I do think Lamar has the defense to contain Fordyce and hold Gate's in check. But we will have to control the ball and time of possession without turning the ball over like we did against Danville and Paris. Hope we have an exciting and injury free game as we here at Lamar have seen enough young men getting hurt.

Roll Tribe!!!

Hay xadboy, think about who your talking too. Neither oldman or longfellow are from Fordyce.  Just two good old boys who like to stir the pot.

xadboy

TeeLee, I shouldn't have included oldman in my last post and i apoligize to oldman for that. I wasnt trying to attack him as longfellow insinuated i was just going along with the young vs old thing with him jokingly. But when Longfellow came on there with the "stupid" remark it rubbed me the wrong way. My original post was about football. So I don't know where he can come off calling me stupid.

macadoshis

Quote from: swissroll101 on November 18, 2015, 09:52:31 pm

I haven't seen Lamar play but from what I've read on here they have the best defense in 3A and they have 14 players that can beat Gates in a foot race......spells trouble for the Bugs. Oh well.....atleast I'll be duck hunting the next morning.
I wouldn't say we have 14 that can beat Gates in a foot race but surely he runs faster than a 4.7.  Ive heard all this talk about how fast he is.  I know a 240 pound kiddo that could run a 4.7 before he got hurt.  I'd be willing to bet Gates is faster than that.

Scooter2121

Quote from: xadboy on November 18, 2015, 11:31:58 pm

Roll Tribe!!!
Longfellow knows absolutely nothing about football.Tell him to go bounce a basketball!!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: xadboy on November 19, 2015, 01:25:45 am
TeeLee, I shouldn't have included oldman in my last post and i apoligize to oldman for that. I wasnt trying to attack him as longfellow insinuated i was just going along with the young vs old thing with him jokingly. But when Longfellow came on there with the "stupid" remark it rubbed me the wrong way. My original post was about football. So I don't know where he can come off calling me stupid.
it's all good.

RowdyReputation40

Whoever wins the physical matchup will win the game. Haven't saw Lamar once but I know fordyce is physical and has a couple of big boys but the rest are about average. Size will play a difference in the game but fordyce will come out on top.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: scarboro69 on November 18, 2015, 06:31:54 pm
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 18, 2015, 09:46:39 am
Around a 4.7

Are you sure?  4.7 isn't game changing speed.  I would of expected him to be timed quicker.

adaptedtigerfan

What did you time in @ there OLDSCHOOL? You 6'3" beast you!

imtie

You sir are wrong. I have watched it twice with magazine and strong. yaya they were not the only ones on the team. but with out the individual player the team would have tanked! Not saying Fordyce would have tanked without gates but he is the reason they win what they win.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 19, 2015, 10:18:07 am
What did you time in @ there OLDSCHOOL? You 6'3" beast you!

Freakin fast.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: imtie on November 19, 2015, 11:05:57 am

You sir are wrong. I have watched it twice with magazine and strong. yaya they were not the only ones on the team. but with out the individual player the team would have tanked! Not saying Fordyce would have tanked without gates but he is the reason they win what they win.

Correct in that one can't win a game.  But, one can cause the opposition to totally game plan and key on one, which in return will free up someone else.  I assume the redbugs have some other contributors?

Legend

Hows practice been looking this week for Lamar?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas