• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce comes to Lamar

Started by mudd puddle, November 13, 2015, 09:46:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mudd puddle

Lamar devastated  by injury tonight losing another great Warrior player for the season,  do we have a chance?   Brite note where has #10  been?  He was great tonight at QB!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Always have a chance. It will be tough without two of our main players. But we saw some good things tonight. Kerns and Hencey make a pretty good inside/outside combination. I am sure Fordyce will be heavy favorites.

TheTruth2010

If Fordyce plays the way they did tonight, Lamar wins.

xadboy

Lamar played with passion tonight even after losing #3 Wilkins to injury. #1 QB down for year #2 QB down for the year. #10 Kern stepped in and looked great tonight as QB. If they play with the passion and intensity next week, the hen Lamar will take down Fordyce. Going to be tough without both Davenport and Wilkins now but I have faith these boys can get the job done.

Warriors023

They played with some major intensity. They know how to meet adversity and overcome it. Kern made some great passes and Hency made some great catches. Gonna be a good one.

Clara Allen

The guys played with the intensity they did weeks 1 thru 7. Kern dis a great job at qb.

mudd puddle

I think after looking at our conference  we were in a good conference for sure.  And so is Fordyce why do we struggle so much on strong runners? Even tonight in the open field we struggled.   Either way what does  Fordyce do good?

Headhunter15

Quote from: mudd puddle on November 13, 2015, 11:16:06 pm
I think after looking at our conference  we were in a good conference for sure.  And so is Fordyce why do we struggle so much on strong runners? Even tonight in the open field we struggled.   Either way what does  Fordyce do good?

Sweep right to gates. Sweep left to gates. Dive to gates. Power to gates. #23 will have the ball in his hands 40+ times. With those being all running plays. He plays safety on defense and most of the time will line up over your best receiver . Stop him and Lamar will win.

strongandsteady

What did Haskell do to stop him in that first half?

Headhunter15

It's what fordyce didn't do. Not the fordyce team that played smackover. Off night and lucky enough to have still won. Just load the box to contain gates. They rarely pass but if they do its a TE dump or they'll spread you out and throw corner routes or slants.

mudd puddle

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 13, 2015, 11:34:43 pm
It's what fordyce didn't do. Not the fordyce team that played smackover. Off night and lucky enough to have still won. Just load the box to contain gates. They rarely pass but if they do its a TE dump or they'll spread you out and throw corner routes or slants.

Thank you. Where are you from

scarboro69

You're adamant that stopping Gates will ensure a win and that loading the box to stop him is the key. Fordyce has more than just him but thats beside the point. Why hasn't basically anyone been able to stop him? Fordyce didn't play to the best of their abilities the entire game tonight, but Gates still looked as strong as ever

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: scarboro69 on November 13, 2015, 11:48:31 pm
You're adamant that stopping Gates will ensure a win and that loading the box to stop him is the key. Fordyce has more than just him but thats beside the point. Why hasn't basically anyone been able to stop him? Fordyce didn't play to the best of their abilities the entire game tonight, but Gates still looked as strong as ever

I do agree that they have more than just Gates. But when gates gets 95% of the carries. It's hard to see the other players potential. You guys have Sledge, #40(I believe) the kid with the neck roll is a good straight ahead runner. You guys do have a good all around team. But for the most part when gates carries the team. It's hard for people to not think that.

mudd puddle

Well at Danville,  and paris Lamar has struggled against quality speed and running.    I hope we figure it out

scarboro69

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 13, 2015, 11:52:09 pm

I do agree that they have more than just Gates. But when gates gets 95% of the carries. It's hard to see the other players potential. You guys have Sledge, #40(I believe) the kid with the neck roll is a good straight ahead runner. You guys do have a good all around team. But for the most part when gates carries the team. It's hard for people to not think that.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't arguing that. I understand Gates gets the majority of the carries but Fordyce has more than just him

Paperman

And the Redbugs win! Not even close!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Paperman on November 14, 2015, 07:00:52 am
And the Redbugs win! Not even close!

On paper, that is probably correct. Our line will have to be at the top of their game for us to have a chance.

One thing about these injuries: they force Doc to reinvent on the fly - but they also force the opponents to have to adjust.

MICHAELSPAPPY

If you think about it, Lamar's situation has been pretty unique. With our first QB, how many teams had their primary ball carrier who was a power-running quarterback? Then when 3rd string QB comes in, he is 6-6, 220#, and also runs out of the shotgun. Won't see all that very often.

mudd puddle

MICHAELSPAPPY

Kerns has an unorthodox throwing motion for a QB. Looks like an outfielder hitting the cutoff man. But he laid three long passes right in there to his receivers, who thankfully made some really good catches.

Stoneybologna

It's definitely unique. The fade he threw to Wyatt for the TD was incredible. Hency also made some nice grabs. I like that were bringing some of the pass threat back.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar's line was in the CR backfield all night. We will have to have that same sort of effort up front to stand a chance of slowing down Fordyce's offense.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Someone from Fordyce give us a rundown on your team. We know about the one running back. What other strengths, and weaknesses?

scarboro69

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 14, 2015, 10:22:58 am
Someone from Fordyce give us a rundown on your team. We know about the one running back. What other strengths, and weaknesses?
They have size on both sides of the line. They have 2 or 3 more backs with good speed and a FB that runs really hard. 

Proud Buckaroo

The speed that lamar got to see against Smackover last year.. Fordyce is pretty close to having the same speed.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Well, it will be a rough one. We're going to have to get a few breaks.

Carljung

Quote from: scarboro69 on November 14, 2015, 01:53:47 pm
They have size on both sides of the line. They have 2 or 3 more backs with good speed and a FB that runs really hard.
They have about 30 players total and only about 15 of them play, and their passing game is suspect to say the least...

scarboro69

Quote from: Carljung on November 14, 2015, 03:11:32 pm
Quote from: scarboro69 on November 14, 2015, 01:53:47 pm
They have about 30 players total and only about 15 of them play, and their passing game is suspect to say the least...
They pass the ball when they have to. They just don't need to very often with the backs they have. And you're right, most of their players play both ways but they seem to be well-conditioned

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: scarboro69 on November 14, 2015, 03:48:56 pm
And you're right, most of their players play both ways

That is probably true of most 3A schools.

Legend

Lamar has the confidence back and its home so I say Lamar by 3

strongandsteady

All I got to say is it should be an exciting game

mack truck

WPWells

Fox32

Gonna go with the guys who play in the "SEC West of 3A".
The bugs by 8

xadboy

Quote from: Fox32 on November 15, 2015, 07:03:41 pm
The bugs by 8
Lamar will have pesticide spread on field to get rid of " SEC West" redbugs. Lamar wins going away 34 to 13.

Lineman

imtie

Quote from: Lineman on November 15, 2015, 09:10:09 pm
Seven dust works best.

Lamar will not be able to handle the speed of Fordyce
Bugs 35-14

mudd puddle

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2015, 02:03:21 pm
The speed that lamar got to see against Smackover last year.. Fordyce is pretty close to having the same speed.
Then how did a lesser smackover beat them

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mudd puddle on November 15, 2015, 09:46:19 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2015, 02:03:21 pm
Then how did a lesser smackover beat them

What?

Fox32

Quote from: xadboy on November 15, 2015, 09:08:23 pm
The bugs by 8
Lamar will have pesticide spread on field to get rid of " SEC West" redbugs. Lamar wins going away 34 to 13.
I'd forgo the pesticide and get myself a "steed of runner backs". That's fordyce's weakness.

mack truck

Fordyce has good size on the line.Their middle linebacker get through the hole pretty fast. Has a big kid that can move really fast. Fordyce isn't use to playing a team who mostly passes the ball.

scarboro69

The bugs by 8
Lamar wins going away 34 to 13.
Lamar will not score 34 points against Fordyce.

RTF

This should be a very good game that could go either way.... I will go Fordyce by 7

owl84

I meet Lamar's quarterback that was a senior last year recently. He is a real nice young man. I hope your injured players are doing okay.

MICHAELSPAPPY

A win would  be a nice birthday present for Doc. He turns 40 on Wednesday.

xadboy

Quote from: scarboro69 on November 16, 2015, 08:02:34 am
The bugs by 8
Lamar wins going away 34 to 13.
Lamar will not score 34 points against Fordyce.
Think they'll score more than 34?

KOJACK

When your 15 deep and you get leaned on for a few quarters it's amazing how points can start adding up...js

macadoshis

Well I've seen 7 game films now this weekend.  (And don't call me PB). Lol.    I feel pretty good about our chances Friday night.  A lot better than i did before watching for myslef. 

mack truck

Quote from: macadoshis on November 16, 2015, 09:02:08 am
Well I've seen 7 game films now this weekend.  (And don't call me PB). Lol.    I feel pretty good about our chances Friday night.  A lot better than i did before watching for myslef.

So you seen game film on Fordyce? How do yall plan on stopping them? Just curious to know.

The Classic

The bugs by 8
There is zero chance of Lamar scoring 34 on Fordyce. Fordyce defense is getting better and better every week, and I don't believe that they can totally shutout Lamar's offense due to their big line, but Lamar wont keep up with Fordyce offense and Fordyce will control the field. 28-14 Fordyce

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas