• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dark horse team

Started by strongandsteady, November 09, 2015, 09:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paperman

Obviously Osceola didn't show up last night! No offense to Greenland but they have NO chance of winning at Prescott! But neither would have Osceola!

Legend

So is Lamar the new Dark horse team?

Warriors023

It would seem so even without Wilkins Kern did an amazing job throwing and running the ball

Clara Allen

Quote from: Legend on November 15, 2015, 06:08:20 am

Hmmm...  I loved their intensity Friday night, but we cannot afford to lose another player for them to turn it up like that!!!!!  We will, like Pappy said, have to reinvent ourselves to compensate for losing Dusty.  Monitor and adjust.  On another note, #44, who came in after Dusty's injury is a freshman. He did a great job.

Our game will be flying way under the radar this week- all eyes and opinions will be on Smackover-Charleston and Paris- Danville.

cdelaney

Osceola, McGehee, Bald Knob, and Booneville are now officially off the dark horse list.

strongandsteady

Rivercrest still on there:)

Legend

The just makes you more of a dark horse team with more injuries

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 15, 2015, 07:47:23 am
Quote from: Legend on November 15, 2015, 06:08:20 am
Hmmm...  I loved their intensity Friday night, but we cannot afford to lose another player for them to turn it up like that!!!!!  We will, like Pappy said, have to reinvent ourselves to compensate for losing Dusty.  Monitor and adjust.  On another note, #44, who came in after Dusty's injury is a freshman. He did a great job.

Lamar could be no better than a dark horse at this point because of the backfield talent they have lost. However, there is still some talent in the backfield. And there is still that line . . .

Legend

All you need is a few holes and could change the momentum of a game

ReddieKnightTrojan

Sonic Postgame Show referred to Centerpoint as "a dangerous team" this year.

Proud Gr fan

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 16, 2015, 03:18:11 pm
dangerous to who Centerpoint is losing in the 2nd round

Legend

Every team in the second round could be dangerous.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Proud Gr fan on November 16, 2015, 11:13:16 pm
I know the deck is stacked against the Knights; their first trip to the second round, recent success, young players, etc. but the playoffs are usually good for a couple of upsets per year. I'm expecting CP to shock HA at home - even with all their playoff experience. I will be at the game, and I will be proud of the Knights no matter what the outcome. They are gaining experience, and are only losing 6 seniors this year - two of who are real contributors.

Proud Gr fan

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 17, 2015, 08:22:43 am
Quote from: Proud Gr fan on November 16, 2015, 11:13:16 pm
I know the deck is stacked against the Knights; their first trip to the second round, recent success, young players, etc. but the playoffs are usually good for a couple of upsets per year. I'm expecting CP to shock HA at home - even with all their playoff experience. I will be at the game, and I will be proud of the Knights no matter what the outcome. They are gaining experience, and are only losing 6 seniors this year - two of who are real contributors.
Yah are not beating HA at home I think centerpoint is a good team but HA is better so I see yah losing here against HA

KOJACK

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if CP beat HA. After the way the 2-3A performed last week it really has me questioning the conference.

Legend

Idk HA put away a surgin Booneville team. This game will be close

ReddieKnightTrojan

If Centerpoint beats Harding Academy, would that then make them "the" dark horse team? If Danville beats Paris by fewer than 21 points, that would make CP the favorite in the 3rd round and that would bring about a rematch with Prescott in the semis.

Paperman

I'd say that Danville would be a dark horse at this point. But so would about everyone except Prescott or Smackover!

neds

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 10, 2015, 11:56:22 am
If GR found the formula in week 10 EC$ shouldn't have won a game after Prescott.  Cause they beat the crap out of them.

I hope ECS gets to play Charleston this year in basketball. Maybe they will shave your head during halftime for entertainment.

Legend

Lamar is still the dark horse.

KOJACK

Quote from: Legend on November 25, 2015, 07:24:25 am
I would say of the 8 remaining they are the biggest dark horse. With six 1 seeds and Lamar and glen rose the only 2 seeds they are the biggest surprise after the injuries they've endured.

ISU7

Quote from: KOJACK on November 25, 2015, 08:08:15 am
I would say of the 8 remaining they are the biggest dark horse. With six 1 seeds and Lamar and glen rose the only 2 seeds they are the biggest surprise after the injuries they've endured.
I was thinking the Curly Wolves. lol What's good on that end Kojack... ;D

KOJACK

Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2015, 08:11:55 am
I mean the way these Lamar fans are I might have to agree with you lol. It's all good man. The Curley Wolves are pretty much healthy and ready to go. How bout them Colts?

Legend

They get down I dont think they can get out of the hole. They have to keep it up and ride the momentum.

ISU7

Quote from: KOJACK on November 25, 2015, 08:42:50 am
Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2015, 08:11:55 am
I mean the way these Lamar fans are I might have to agree with you lol. It's all good man. The Curley Wolves are pretty much healthy and ready to go. How bout them Colts?
Surprising team this season..Go Colts!!! Go C. Wolves!!!!!!

TheTruth2010

And I'm pretty sure I called it ;)

Paperman

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 25, 2015, 04:18:29 pm
And I'm pretty sure I called it ;)
Agreed +1

ISU7

Now RiverCrest is the Dark red horse. lol.. ;D 8)

strongandsteady

Paperman

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 09, 2015, 09:14:11 pm
Who do you guys think is a good team flying under the radar? My pick would be Rivercrest

^^^good call

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Shorttimer on November 10, 2015, 07:38:11 am
Quote from: stuck in between on November 10, 2015, 07:06:06 am
Fordyce - The most underrated team in 3A.
Can you really be a dark horse if you're consistently still ranked in the top 4 of the FF Fan poll?  Fordyce is not a dark horse . . . they're one of the favorites.

Rivercrest would be a dark horse.  And Charleston would actually qualify as well.  I'd choose one of those two because they know how to win in the playoffs.

^^^Rivercrest mention

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: redandgray on November 10, 2015, 09:21:53 am
Quote from: Shorttimer on November 10, 2015, 07:38:11 am
Quote from: stuck in between on November 10, 2015, 07:06:06 am
Fordyce - The most underrated team in 3A.
Can you really be a dark horse if you're consistently still ranked in the top 4 of the FF Fan poll?  Fordyce is not a dark horse . . . they're one of the favorites.

Rivercrest would be a dark horse.  And Charleston would actually qualify as well.  I'd choose one of those two because they know how to win in the playoffs.
I'm a HUGE Rivercrest fan, but I think we have 0% chance of winning the whole thing!

^^^it could happen

ReddieKnightTrojan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas