• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dark horse team

Started by strongandsteady, November 09, 2015, 09:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

strongandsteady

Who do you guys think is a good team flying under the radar? My pick would be Rivercrest

Sick Dog

Fordyce!! Take this to the bank. Prescott is the only team who may have a chance to beat them

beach bum

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 09, 2015, 09:57:59 pm
Fordyce!! Take this to the bank. Prescott is the only team who may have a chance to beat them

Fordyce is my pick as well. They lost all three of their games to high level competition by narrow margins. Those kids have to be motivated.

Paperman

Osceola many people totally discount them! They are way better than a 500 team!

FNLsupporter

I haven't seen them play, but by all indications, I would go with Fordyce, possibly Charleston if they knock off a favored Smackover in the 2nd round.

strongandsteady

If that happens the forums would crash from so many Charleston fans posting with joy lol

FNLsupporter

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 09, 2015, 10:28:33 pm
If that happens the forums would crash from so many Charleston fans posting with joy lol
Not sure Smackover would allow it to even be a possibility.  They have a chip on their shoulder from last December, and I don't think they will be denied...

strongandsteady

But look at the ole miss Arkansas game ole miss clearly had a chip on their shoulder from getting shut out last year and what happend? They came back and won again.Not comparing anybody to anybody just saying it has nothing to do with last year it's all about the present

FNLsupporter

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 09, 2015, 11:00:53 pm
But look at the ole miss Arkansas game ole miss clearly had a chip on their shoulder from getting shut out last year and what happend? They came back and won again.Not comparing anybody to anybody just saying it has nothing to do with last year it's all about the present
That's why I picked them as a dark horse!

stuck in between

Fordyce - The most underrated team in 3A.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: stuck in between on November 10, 2015, 07:06:06 am
My pick would be the Redbugs too.  Scary team to play!

adaptedtigerfan

Fordyce is only a dark horse if they stil have an awesome band and the ole' dirty bug dancing on the sidelines.   When they came to Charleston you couldn't watch the game for watching the chigger dancing on the sideline.

Fox32

I would say any team in the playoffs from the 6-3A (the SEC West of 3A) besides Smackover (the fav) is a dark horse and should not be overlooked. Seen some film on Mcgehee and GR has their work cut out for them.

ReddieKnightTrojan

I would like to say Centerpoint, but there are too many question marks. If their oline can muster any type of running game...if their dline can somewhat control the LOS...They have a bend but don't break secondary. Run defense has been questionable to non existent until Jessieville and Bismarck (competition - maybe some confidence) No one can stop their passing game except them. and maybe the rain i.e. Glen Rose game. Defense has come up with some scoring this year. (It actually hurt the QBs stats one game) With all that being said, it could be CP, but more than likely a team like Fordyce with an over abundance of athletes.

Shorttimer

Can you really be a dark horse if you're consistently still ranked in the top 4 of the FF Fan poll?  Fordyce is not a dark horse . . . they're one of the favorites.

Rivercrest would be a dark horse.  And Charleston would actually qualify as well.  I'd choose one of those two because they know how to win in the playoffs.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Shorttimer on November 10, 2015, 07:38:11 am
Can you really be a dark horse if you're consistently still ranked in the top 4 of the FF Fan poll?  Fordyce is not a dark horse . . . they're one of the favorites.

Rivercrest would be a dark horse.  And Charleston would actually qualify as well.  I'd choose one of those two because they know how to win in the playoffs.
Good point

strongandsteady

Fordyce is really good but they have been under the radar all year

redandgray

Fordyce would be my pick too

OLDSCHOOL82

redandgray

Quote from: Shorttimer on November 10, 2015, 07:38:11 am

I'm a HUGE Rivercrest fan, but I think we have 0% chance of winning the whole thing!

redandgray

Quote from: Paperman on November 09, 2015, 10:20:05 pm
Osceola also has a zero percent chance of winning the whole thing....that goes for any team in our conference!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 10, 2015, 07:18:53 am
Fordyce is only a dark horse if they stil have an awesome band and the ole' dirty bug dancing on the sidelines.   When they came to Charleston you couldn't watch the game for watching the chigger dancing on the sideline.
dirty old man

adaptedtigerfan

You mean the entire stands @ Charleston.   Wasn't just me oldman.😂

KOJACK

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 10, 2015, 09:28:53 am
You mean the entire stands @ Charleston.   Wasn't just me oldman.😂
Y'all have made me uncomfortable...

adaptedtigerfan

I don't believe that , Kojack

ISU7

Quote from: redandgray on November 10, 2015, 09:22:27 am
Osceola also has a zero percent chance of winning the whole thing....that goes for any team in our conference!
Manila had a zero percent chance of beating Rivercrest, and they did. That's why it's called Dark horse my friend.. ;D 8)

redandgray

NO...not even close to the same thing. Hahaha.  The way our defense was playing..especially at the time, everyone had a chance.  Good to see some adjustments.

Redwolves8526

Bald Knob. Good offense and defense is coming along. Would love to see them match up with Rivercrest in the 2nd round.

KOJACK

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 10, 2015, 09:50:33 am
Bald Knob. Good offense and defense is coming along. Would love to see them match up with Rivercrest in the 2nd round.
Not gonna happen...EC$ is gonna take care of them

ReddieKnightTrojan

I don't know Kojack...Glen Rose found the formula and may have exposed EC$

ESPN Analyst

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2015, 09:51:55 am
KOJACK knows whats up

BoogieMan27

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2015, 09:51:55 am

Not gonna happen. Bald Knob by 14

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 10, 2015, 10:07:35 am
I don't know Kojack...Glen Rose found the formula and may have exposed EC$

Not really.

When you have four fumbles, and several penalties against you, and short punts to give Glen Rose short field positions. They kind of dug themselves in a hole, and couldn't get out.

adaptedtigerfan

If GR found the formula in week 10 EC$ shouldn't have won a game after Prescott.  Cause they beat the crap out of them.

Jimbo Morphis

ever wonder why it's called a dark horse?

Legend

stangpreacher

Quote from: Legend on November 10, 2015, 03:58:45 pm
Booneville is my pick..
That would be my pick also ... If they put it together they have a chance .... Anything top 10 shouldn't even be considered a dark horse. .

Lions84

The Classic

Everyone says Fordyce and i'm a Fordyce fan but they've consistently been top 6 throughout the season... not exactly dark horses.

HorseFeathers

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: The Classic on November 11, 2015, 11:52:58 am
Everyone says Fordyce and i'm a Fordyce fan but they've consistently been top 6 throughout the season... not exactly dark horses.

We can call that category Paint Horses.

stuck in between

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 11, 2015, 12:00:21 pm
Quote from: The Classic on November 11, 2015, 11:52:58 am

We can call that category Paint Horses.
I am basing my opinion on Fordyce as the dark horse due to the fact that almost everyone has penciled in Smackover and Prescott in the finals with the possibility of Glen Rose. True they have very slowly crept in to the top 5, but still are getting no consideration as a true state finalist contender. Judging from the one game I saw of theirs I am glad they are on the opposite side of the bracket from CHG. Prescott is not getting any favors by possibly meeting up with them in the 3rd round I assure you, and if the field conditions are in Fordyce's favor I do not know if Prescott's high flying air assault will be a match for their ground attack, but there are two rounds that have to be played before these two possibly match up. Both teams may have to buy tickets to watch the state finals if a "true dark horse" emerges. 

hootingowl

Fordyce definitely has tons of speed. Booneville  going down first round. Better watch them Mcgehee Owls, they could very easily be playing after Thanksgiving with a losing record for the year. 

Paperman

[/
Quote from: redandgray on November 10, 2015, 09:22:27 am

It has to be higher than zero! But maybe not much higher!

TheTruth2010

Of course I will be called a homer for this, but Lamar. For one everyone is probably going to overlook them after the way they have fallen off. But if they can bring the intensity level back up they have a chance to make a run.

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, a run to fordyce. Haha.

strongandsteady

Lamar is a really good team no one player makes a team but clearly Davenport was the obvious leader so all they need is someone to step up or they will be hooping after the 2nd round

Paperman

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 11, 2015, 09:15:57 pm
Lamar is a really good team no one player makes a team but clearly Davenport was the obvious leader so all they need is someone to step up or they will be hooping after the 2nd round
[/quote

+1😀😎

Legend

I think Lamar could be a dark horse because not many are giving them a chance with the injury.

Lineman

If they find that intensity they played with when they beat Charleston, I could see them being a dark horse.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas