• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts about Junction City moving to 3a. next year

Started by Austin.Sutton, October 05, 2015, 04:02:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin.Sutton

What do you guys think about Junction City moving up next year. I've heard that they were good in 2a for a while, and they managed to take down Smackover this season. How do you think they will do in 2016?

Paperman

As long as they keep recruiting players from Texas, they should be pretty good. LOL!

Proud Buckaroo

Junction is a very young team this year. They have 8-9 sophmores that start on their team.

TheTruth2010

MICHAELSPAPPY

A typical JC team would immediately be one of the favorites in 3A.

WPWells

BoogieMan27

I taught at Junction City and I know they don't recruit kids. I was not satisfied with my time there so this isn't me jumping on one's side. I'm merely stating a fact. If you know anything about the town of Junction City or the surrounding area, you would know that it's not a beautiful place to live. The kids that they get come from two parishes in LA because it's either JC or an hour bus ride to a crappy school in Louisiana. They have a charter for these kids so it's completely legal (is it fair?? ehhhh???) But it's the best situation for those particular kids.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 05, 2015, 05:16:40 pm
Couldn't beat Lamar though

If their team is as good as the one that won State the year before Magazine did, they could beat most of the 5A teams in the state.

TheTruth2010

No one has ever said that. I think it would make for a great game!

Proud Buckaroo

If they played one another last year.... It would have been ugly. This year is a different story.

redandgray

MICHAELSPAPPY

I don't figure there will be a lot of teams champing at the bit to schedule them non-conference.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 05, 2015, 04:03:53 pm
As long as they keep recruiting players from Texas, they should be pretty good. LOL!
It's Louisiana Paperman... 8)

stuck in between

As usual Junction City will dominate. I am not a Junction City alumni nor do I live remotely close. Their previous records speak for themselves. This year is a down year and they will still end the season with only two regular season losses, a deep run into the play offs and has knocked off the team that most people consider to be a strong contender for the class 3A champion this year. People hate on Junction because they can't beat them. Coach Carpenter does a great job of keeping his kids motivated and believing that they are supposed to win every time they take the field. All around great program that will definitely shake things up in the 3A classification. 

Randy

Can't wait to see how well they compete next year.

Lions84

jazdill

Hard to image Booneville leaving 3a and in return the 3a has a more gifted program coming in. For all those who were hoping Booneville would return to 4a....not sure this was a good trade!!!

Paperman

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 05, 2015, 05:33:30 pm
I taught at Junction City and I know they don't recruit kids. I was not satisfied with my time there so this isn't me jumping on one's side. I'm merely stating a fact. If you know anything about the town of Junction City or the surrounding area, you would know that it's not a beautiful place to live. The kids that they get come from two parishes in LA because it's either JC or an hour bus ride to a crappy school in Louisiana. They have a charter for these kids so it's completely legal (is it fair?? ehhhh???) But it's the best situation for those particular kids.
[/quote
That comment I made was a joke Boogie! I am aware of JCs special circumstance regarding those kids! It is a really nice program which I think will only strengthen Class 3A! I welcome the Dragons step up!

Skip Baymore

October 07, 2015, 12:28:35 am #18 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:42:02 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 05, 2015, 07:11:56 pm
If they played one another last year.... It would have been ugly. This year is a different story.
They did find a way to beat or "win the game" against Smackover this year, in what is supposedly a down year for JC.  Not sure they would win a rematch this year, but I believe JC. would have beaten Lamar and the vast majority of 3A teams several years in a row up to now.  I think JC would prob. be top 10 this year in 3A.  Anyway, Im sure the other 2A teams will welcome their departure.

Jimbo Morphis

they are better than Ozark j.v.  the 3a will never be the same.

Carljung

Sick Dog

Like I said last year in a post.....Be careful JC what you wish for. Only dealing with one to two decent teams is over with and easy street walks to the finals are over too.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: unbiased_fan on October 07, 2015, 01:07:04 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on October 07, 2015, 12:26:28 pm
Like I said last year in a post.....Be careful JC what you wish for. Only dealing with one to two decent teams is over with and easy street walks to the finals are over too.

Most years the conference they are in 2A is better than the one they will be in 3A.  Playoffs may be a little different but regular season will be a cake walk besides one or two games.
sigh

KOJACK

Most years the conference they are in 2A is better than the one they will be in 3A.  Playoffs may be a little different but regular season will be a cake walk besides one or two games.
lol

Proud Buckaroo

You're kidding. Right? Lol.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Jimbo Morphis

HorseFeathers

Those games against Norphlet, Hampton, Woodlawn, Parkers Chapel, Hermitage, and Strong have been real nail biters most years....oh wait...

-Painted Fan-

Didn't Strong win State in 2A the last time it wasn't won by JC?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on October 07, 2015, 07:27:53 pm
Didn't Strong win State in 2A the last time it wasn't won by JC?

Kenneth Dixon did....so Yes LoL

Coltfan2005

So Junction City gets the kids in their school district, plus another two counties worth? (Parish=County)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 07, 2015, 10:05:26 pm
So Junction City gets the kids in their school district, plus another two counties worth? (Parish=County)

Sorta....Technically they could legally have kids from all over Louisiana up to the enrollment cap of the charter.

Skip Baymore

Kudos and respect for JC's great success recently.  I think youre way wrong about that conference comparison though.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: unbiased_fan on October 08, 2015, 10:16:04 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 07, 2015, 02:02:39 pm

No.  I mean I like to compare it by the bottom of the conferences.  I think teams like Hermitage and Strong are typically better than teams like Drew Central and Genoa Central.  Bearden has always beat up on CHG pretty good until this year.  I don't think that JC will have any problem in conference besides Smackover
ever heard of mcgehee and Fordyce?

Bob

Quote from: Oldman on October 08, 2015, 10:23:50 am
Quote from: unbiased_fan on October 08, 2015, 10:16:04 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 07, 2015, 02:02:39 pm

No.  I mean I like to compare it by the bottom of the conferences.  I think teams like Hermitage and Strong are typically better than teams like Drew Central and Genoa Central.  Bearden has always beat up on CHG pretty good until this year.  I don't think that JC will have any problem in conference besides Smackover
ever heard of mcgehee and Fordyce?

No...are they new to football this year?

Head Lion

Sick Dog

No Way!!! Not JC. They dont recruit. They are just loaded every year with great coaching. Everyone wants to just move to JC and go to that booming town and live and go to that great school district!!

JC Guy

Quote from: Sick Dog on October 08, 2015, 12:33:28 pm
No Way!!! Not JC. They dont recruit. They are just loaded every year with great coaching. Everyone wants to just move to JC and go to that booming town and live and go to that great school district!!
Glad to see the cry baby's have started and we haven't even moved up yet. I feel like you are talking to people like me. Who chose to live in this little town and I moved here from PC. They could see something in my boy in the fifth grade and recruited him early I guess. Thanks for talking down to us little people and may your team catch a JC beat down next year.

Wildcat_Booster

JC will have just as much success in 3A as they do in 2A. 3A Conference they will be in is as weak or weaker than the one they play in now. Don't be surprised to see them in the finals almost every year. On the Charter school thing, that's just a fancy legal way to say " recruiting"

green-eagle

those JC fan will change the social community of the 3A board.......sorry Smackover. Your fans cant seem to get a break!

JC Guy

This should get good you guys get a year to come up with your excuses. Just a tip - the dog ate my homework won't work! I will tell you guys you are starting out very week! Try to be original.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on October 08, 2015, 04:53:56 pm
This should get good you guys get a year to come up with your excuses. Just a tip - the dog ate my homework won't work! I will tell you guys you are starting out very week! Try to be original.

What about Louisiana kids being far superior to Arkansas kids?

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on October 08, 2015, 05:32:31 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on October 08, 2015, 04:53:56 pm

What about Louisiana kids being far superior to Arkansas kids?
Well I thought that was common knowledge. Atleast on here anyway. I wish we lived across the line so my kid would be better.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on October 08, 2015, 04:34:19 pm
JC will have just as much success in 3A as they do in 2A. 3A Conference they will be in is as weak or weaker than the one they play in now. Don't be surprised to see them in the finals almost every year. On the Charter school thing, that's just a fancy legal way to say " recruiting"

Most years. The only legit teams that 2A-8 has is Bearden, Rison and junction.....

3A-6 has smackover, fordyce, McGehee, and CHG.

Hawgeye

What?
That 3A league is already considered the toughest, or top 2 in the state...

Now, It's Fordyce, Smackover, Junction City, McGehee, and Camden Harmony Grove

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Hawgeye on October 09, 2015, 07:23:04 am

What?

Camden Harmony Grove drops to 2A next year to take Junction's spot.

Hawgeye

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 09, 2015, 07:24:42 am
Quote from: Hawgeye on October 09, 2015, 07:23:04 am
JC will have just as much success in 3A as they do in 2A. 3A Conference they will be in is as weak
or weaker than the one they play in now. Don't be surprised to see them in the finals almost every year. On the Charter school thing, that's just a fancy legal way to say " recruiting"

What?

Camden Harmony Grove drops to 2A next year to take Junction's spot.

Okay...so it's Fordyce, Smackover, Junction City, McGehee, Fouke

Still 4 legit programs and the train that wants to in Fouke.

Still, I'd consider that the toughest in 3A.

hootingowl

It won't be easy on them. Not gonna dominate class AAA like they do AA

Hawgeye

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 23, 2015, 06:17:52 pm
Bump

The days of looking across the sidelines and seeing only 15 bodies dressed out are over for JC.

JC has always had good numbers for football, which is rare in 2A ball. Now, the playing field is a bit more level for them. Will be interesting to see what they do against a full schedule that will include good OOC opponents combined with Smackover, Fordyce, McGehee, and Fouke.

Will be interesting to see how their schedule sets up next season. Conference wise...

6-3A should be an interesting one next season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas