• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12th Man is Now Stewie

Started by WPWells, September 03, 2015, 02:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

I don't know....

Fearless is full of hidden surprises!! 

Can you be a Moderator if you have been banned or in timeout??     

I've never been either....yet. lol :)

WPWells

There's no way I'll be a moderator.

Longfellow

Moderators must be able to stay objective. Not really 12th Man's strong suit

WPWells

Paperman

What passionate fan is objective! None who are worth their salt! LOL

Valleysports

September 17, 2015, 10:43:02 pm #105 Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:44:38 pm by Valleysports
Oh I just found this thread - I see you're hiding, from me, on the 3A Board - Aggie Mascot.  I would be interested to see the Home of the 12th man - Kyle Field.  Too bad the Hawgs don't play there for a decade.  So Princess, I have all season to help you come up with a name?  Consider me in!   ;D

WPWells

Do you have any suggestions?

Valleysports

Start a contest Pork n Beans

Proud Buckaroo

-Painted Fan-

12th is very talented and musically gifted. Maybe go something along the lines of Prince Rogers Nelson, and just be a symbol.
ฯ § μ Ω θ ¤ ¥ ₩

PrivateLesson

He could be a exclamation point!     

I think BG could name him Oreo.

Valleysports

Watching the Razorback's, his entire life, has been like one continous Ground Hog Day.  Ground Hog?

Valleysports

HorseFeathers

....bg should name him windownlicker

Valleysports

Jayepea

Jabali

Prickly and pretty, yet very delicate. Cactus Rose.

Brian G

I'm numerically inclined with my likely answer.

HorseFeathers

WPWells

42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. It's also a multiple of 3 and the only number retired by every team in the MLB (and after Mariano Rivera's retirement, it will never be worn again). I could live with being 42

Clara Allen

WPWells

Lineman

PrivateLesson

Quote from: B.G. on September 19, 2015, 08:59:43 am
I'm numerically inclined with my likely answer.
Zero??

Or novemvigintillionhawg?

YC

WPWells

On SBNation my username is BrokenFibula

Valleysports

You didn't like Punky Brewster or Silly?  Give me time to come up with something that fits...

Coach Venny Slocombe

macadoshis

Can't believe there's three pages of this lol

WPWells

macadoshis

BigLion10

macadoshis

Brian G

WPWells

Brian G

Well yeah.

But he might share it.

WPWells

WPWells

Followed very closely by 23

Brian G

WPWells

11 is a good number as well. 12 will be an even better number in a little over a month

cuckoobird

Wow! You're young for a college student. Are you a genius?

BigLion10

WPWells

Everyone now needs to figure out the reasons behind my favorite numbers

Brian G

7 is the most common lucky number in the world.

The rest of the top 10 most popular numbers were: Three, eight, four, five, thirteen, nine, six, two, and eleven.

A different study has:

11) 42 - This is the second-largest number in the top 30 (69 came in 30th, to demonstrate the strength of the world's pervert voting bloc). Depending on where your perspective lies, you either attributed 42's success to either Hitchhiker's Guide or Jackie Robinson.

10) 11 - As one of the world's foremost supporters of the number 11, I'm proud it finished so well. But as THE world's foremost supporter of the concept that top 10s are for cowards, 11 making the top 10 has sent me into a recursive loop of pride and shame.

9) 2 - 2 is kind of an odd choice for a lucky number, although apparently it's good luck in China. Since this was a worldwide survey, it's entirely possible that's how 2 made it so high on the list -- no one pounds a ballot box like the Chinese. (I mean, um, not in their own elections... but in online polls they're ravenous.) Number 2 finishing this high is like the "Yao Ming in the All-Star Game even though he's averaging 4 and 2" of the lucky numbers list.

8th) 6 - Apparently there's a cologne called Lucky Number 6 by Liz Claiborne. That's the only evidence I've found linking the concepts of "lucky number" and "6"... and with all due respect to Liz Claiborne, I'm not sure her cologne's Q-score was what drove this number up the list. And since I'm also not willing to attribute its popularity to the bright shining star of Jenna von Oy, I think it was Chinese culture again -- 6 is another of their lucky numbers, tied to wealth.

7th) 9 - According to the Internet, 9 is the big lucky number in Norway because of its prominence in Norse mythology. There are nine realms in Norse mythology (and occasionally Natalie Portman disappears into them when they're all aligned).

Unlucky?
6th) 13 - 13 is the most common unlucky number in most western cultures, so I think we can attribute its popularity to people being contrary. The Internet was essentially founded on its ability to let people be rebellious in a low stakes, consequence-free way.

5th) 5 - 5 is yet another lucky number in Chinese culture. There's certainly nothing that could happen now to dissuade me from believing this list was entirely influenced by China's lucky numbers.

4th) 4 - Let's research it. 4 is an UNlucky number in... oh my... China. My underlying thesis has been shattered! Time to do what all the other good researchers do: Ignore this finding and press on with confirmation bias galore.

3rd) 8 - 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture (and Japanese culture) because the pronunciation is similiar to the word for prosperity and wealth. Just like I said -- China totally influenced this list and I have no evidence (that I'm paying attention to) to the contrary.

2nd) 3 - Three is a fairly logical choice for a lucky number. They say good things come in threes, like comedy punchlines, good iterations of Destiny's Child and celebrity deaths.

1st)  7 - Seven's a ubiquitous lucky number in the western world, so it was a near shoo-in for the number one spot on the list. From slot machines to George Costanza baby names, everyone wants to be part of sevens. And to make sure it stays that way, I won't even look up China's feelings on the number 7.

A few other results from the study: The least-lucky number is 110 -- it's the lowest whole number that got zero votes... pi came in 18th... as stated earlier, 69 came in 30th, so clearly he asked THAT demographic... infinity came in 84th... 5318008 (aka BOOBIES when you turn the calculator upside-down) came in 108th... 420 came in 115th, so clearly he didn't ask THAT demographic... 1234, the code on your luggage, came in 117th... and 8675309 got two votes, putting it in a massive tie for 249th place.

Brian G

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 05, 2015, 06:59:58 pm
Everyone now needs to figure out the reasons behind my favorite numbers
Let's keep this PG rated.

But I do know the 2042 reference unless you combined numbers for something else.

Longfellow

I can't believe only two people voted for 8675309

BigLion10

WPWells

WPWells

2042 actually is a combination of the numbers 20 and 42 because I really like both of those numbers, but I also love the mathematical properties of the number itself

Valleysports

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 05, 2015, 06:54:14 pm
11 is a good number as well. 12 will be an even better number in a little over a month

Is that your dress size?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas