• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are the Reverends?

Started by busta, May 04, 2007, 09:50:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

busta

May 04, 2007, 09:50:39 am Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:00:56 am by busta
The Victims
Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

The Suspects
Lemaricus Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas, Eric Boyd, Vanessa Coleman

The animals pictured above raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his thingy, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth and then murdered her.

Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.  The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the state will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Knox County Grand Jury.

Felony Murder carries a possibility of death, life without the possibility of parole and life with parole. Especially Aggravated Robbery is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years in prison. Aggravated Rape is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years of prison.

At a news conference Thursday, Nichols commended the cooperative efforts between several departments and credits that cooperation for the fast pace this case is moving through the court system.  Nichols says he hopes to move the case to trial on the first day it's set.

The four are expected to make their first court appearance within ten to fifteen days.

This is certainly a case garnering a lot of public interest, Nichols recognizes that and says he expects all kinds of requests filed in this case, including a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial. But he says he does hope 12 Knox County jurors will be able to determine the guilt or innocence of these suspects.

Where be the Reverends Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?  Are they providing counsel and help to the families of the victims? 

Why hasn't this received National coverage by the news media like the Duke "rape" case?

Why hasn't the NAACP, ACLU, New York Times etc., called for an investigation?

Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate this as a hate crime?

Pray for the families of all involved.  It is obviously blatant that a double standard exist in our society and that we have not moved as far as we would like to think in equality.  So before some begin to pick this a part and choose sides understand this is another classic example of the evil that is present in our world and evil does not discriminate.  We need to find a solution instead of choosing sides like some of the so called self proclaimed leaders and organizations of our day.

ljackfan100

That is just about too much to handle knowing.  Man, how sick.

fluffymomma

It makes no difference what color did what...and by reading I still don't know..and really don't want to...this is sick.  I've got chills...it's something out of a horror film.  Prayers to the victims and their families.

Lions84

Prayers for these families  My goodness what sick people....some one get a ROPE!

not ray

This is totally depraved.  Those people all their screws loose to do what they did.  I think like treatment and then a slow death would be a good punishment for these sick people.

mudslog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas