• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Currently, What Is Your Favorite Song?

Started by AllSmiles, January 31, 2008, 02:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

That was my favorite song when I was a little kid. That and Drivin' My Life Away.

Uncle Ivan

Then there was Ronnie Milsap from around that time.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 28, 2014, 03:11:41 pm

He had a lot of hits....Daydreams About Night Things, Lost in the Fifties Tonight, No Gettin' Over Me etc.  Earl Thomas Conley, T Graham Brown, The Oakridge Boys, Charlie Rich?  can't name all the many great singers and songs.   

Anyone remember Sawyer Brown?    Every girl in class seemed to just swoon over him.

Chief_Osceola™

Sawyer Brown was good. Whatever happened to those guys? They were kind of like country's version of .38 Special - a bunch of good songs but still underrated.

AirWarren

Country music now consists of rednecks trying to be hip hop rappers. Annoying.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 28, 2014, 06:20:14 pm
Sawyer Brown was good. Whatever happened to those guys? They were kind of like country's version of .38 Special - a bunch of good songs but still underrated.

I don't know.   I liked .38 Special....they had good songs too.   Remember Bauchman-Turner Overdrive?  Extreme-play with me?   It seems like Dire Straits and and etc.....had a few songs and that was it.   Maybe there were more bands and singers back then?    Or maybe I don't keep up anymore....could be both.  Lol!  :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on March 28, 2014, 06:28:21 pm

I don't think most of them are rednecks....I think they are pretending to be rednecks trying to be hip hop rappers...

anyway....

Uncle Ivan

March 28, 2014, 07:09:35 pm #1307 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:11:11 pm by Uncle Ivan

Seems like they play a lot of fairs and smaller events.  No room for them in today's bubble gum Nashville.

Look at who's being pushed these days.  Newer male singers warble about being a redneck, drinking, living in the sticks, etc.  It's cookie cutter and all of it sounds exactly the same.  Five thousand songs on the radio today about that same subject.

Even George Strait would starve if he was a newcomer to Nashville today.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 28, 2014, 06:02:00 pm

He had a lot of hits....Daydreams About Night Things, Lost in the Fifties Tonight, No Gettin' Over Me etc.  Earl Thomas Conley, T Graham Brown, The Oakridge Boys, Charlie Rich?  can't name all the many great singers and songs.   

Milsap was a prodigy.  Didn't let being blind hold him back - Charlie Pride tells a story as to where you only had to show Milsap where things were once.  He knew it from then on.  Great mind.

One post up I was complaining about Nashville - and Colt Arkansas' Charlie Rich made a great statement decades ago about the move away from country:

Even though his music eventually did the same as well.

HorseFeathers

March 28, 2014, 07:35:09 pm #1309 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:51:00 pm by HF
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 28, 2014, 06:02:00 pm

Anyone remember Sawyer Brown?    Every girl in class seemed to just swoon over him.

Think they broke up...I know one of the guys started a christian music recording label...

Hoghead

It's about MONEY A-DUB !  Always follow the money.......That's all they're doing.

Mr_Deb

;D ashford and simpson - solid as a rock

Mr_Deb

not in those honky tonk bars in nashville they don't didn't sound like they were trying to be rap artist  lol

DogsWin7

Mr_Deb

DogsWin7

Quote from: devil_kid on April 10, 2014, 11:23:04 pm
Jupiter Symphony-Mozart

I love Mozart.  I believe that was one of last compositions.   I like The Magic Flute as well. 

Chief_Osceola™

Scott Bradlee and Postmodern Jukebox is my current Pandora playlist.

DogsWin7

I heard a song called Lunatic Fringe??    I had never ever heard it before. 

Mr_Deb

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 10, 2014, 11:26:49 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 10, 2014, 11:23:04 pm
Jupiter Symphony-Mozart

I love Mozart.  I believe that was one of last compositions.   I like The Magic Flute as well. 

Mozart tends to take me back, way BACK, I think I actually lived another life, the dreams, so VIVID!

Lions84

DogsWin7

Don't Bring Me Down- Electric Light Orchestra

HorseFeathers

....The Blues Brothers, I'll turn the movie(s) on while I'm doing other stuff just to hear some of the music on it...

DogsWin7

Good songs by The Blues Brothers.

I listened to a lot of Don Henley today.   I get in moods where I like to listen to a complete album sometimes.

DogsWin7

If Today Was Your Last Day-Nickleback

AirWarren

Florida Georgia Line "This is how we Roll"

Shady

AirWarren

The Gap Band "You dropped a Bomb on me"

Bergman1820

Carousel by Buckcherry

Takes me back a few years ago when I reconnected with an old friend and we made some new memories then lost contact again.

DogsWin7

Summertime Sadness- Lana Del Rey

In memory of my friend....I still miss you. 

DogsWin7

How Long- Eagles

I listened to God Of Wonders this morning by Third Day

DogsWin7

Oakridge Boys- Dream On

Happy Friday! 

DogsWin7

Moondust.  It was on The Movie Meatballs. :)

AirWarren

This is how we roll
Florida Georgia Line feat Luke Bryan

cuckoobird

DogsWin7

AirWarren

HorseFeathers

Brad Paisley...This is country music

AirWarren

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2014, 12:31:11 pm
"Drink a Beer" Luke Bryan

He has nice meaningful lyrics in some of his songs.

cuckoobird

High on summertime! Luke bryan. Those are some good lyrics

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 28, 2014, 12:48:31 pm
Summertime Sadness- Lana Del Rey

She's one of the few current artists who is actually good IMO.  As much as I have tried to not like her, her stuff is good.

DogsWin7

I love her song West Coast as well, I also enjoy this artist...

DogsWin7

Katy Perry- This Is How We Do.

Loving "All You Can Carry" by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, it's on his new album Hypnotic Eye. :)

HorseFeathers

girl in a country song by maddie and tae. . . .

AirWarren

Uncle Ivan

AirWarren

DogsWin7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas